PDA

View Full Version : PVE Rogue skills ?

Seifera
03-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Hi there,

I'm currently lv25 and I guess I got some issues with active and passive skills as I have unlocked many and I find myself using maybe two or them.

I also find myself dying easily on solo runs to level up, even if I maxed out Combat Medic.

Can you advise a proper skill build (active/passive) for Rogue?

Thanks,

S.

deathwraithx
03-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Hi there,

I'm currently lv25 and I guess I got some issues with active and passive skills as I have unlocked many and I find myself using maybe two or them.

I also find myself dying easily on solo runs to level up, even if I maxed out Combat Medic.

Can you advise a proper skill build (active/passive) for Rogue?

Thanks,

S.

Hi,the build,if is for pve you can try SP with the lifesteal upgrade,because combat medic is a waste while pots are available IMO. Your choice though
Try maxing aimed, nox, use trp/veil depending on your playstyle and Max dmg,dex,str,int passives -as many as you can ,I can't remember specifically for that level but if you are going to cap,this is the direction to go in

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Seifera
03-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Thank you :)

S.

Azepeiete
03-05-2014, 06:34 PM
5 aim 1 pierce 2 nox(4 once you level past 31, no stupid charged upgrade) 4 veil no explode
5 dex
5 int
2 crit(5 as u level)
5 dmg as u level
1 str on 36

Impact
03-05-2014, 06:43 PM
This is what I do for pve:
3 Shadow piercer:Shadow absorption and max another target
5 Noxious bolt
5 aimed shot
4 Razor Shield(no bleed
Add 5 agility, 5 might, and 5 Wisdom as you go along.

Azepeiete
03-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Im sorry but it is extremely ineffective to be charging pierce for dmg.

deathwraithx
03-05-2014, 10:42 PM
5 aim 1 pierce 2 nox(4 once you level past 31, no stupid charged upgrade) 4 veil no explode
5 dex
5 int
2 crit(5 as u level)
5 dmg as u level
1 str on 36

Charged Nox is the easiest way to deal aoe damage in elites :)

Azepeiete
03-05-2014, 10:49 PM
We are talking about rogues not mages. Rogues arent meant for aoe

Instanthumor
03-05-2014, 11:51 PM

This is coming from a pro now.

Seifera
03-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Hello guys and thanks for your thoughts.

Actually, I'm a bit confused on the different skill sets you suggested - what's the playstile supposed to be with them?

Also, - apart from damage and special effects - do charged skills consume more mana?

And to best of your knowledge, should I wait for the new cap to be out so maybe the respecs will be free for a while instead of spending Plat to respec now (I'm lv26).

Thanks,

S.

deathwraithx
03-06-2014, 06:10 AM

But wouldn't you die in elite if you keep hitting only aimed? Why not fire charged nox once a while so other mobs get damage too while you kill one? :confused:

Azepeiete
03-06-2014, 06:40 PM
But wouldn't you die in elite if you keep hitting only aimed? Why not fire charged nox once a while so other mobs get damage too while you kill one? :confused:

Cuz its slower. Potions keep you alive. He asked for advice i gave him an honest opinion from myself(someone very experienced in pve). He can choose to take it or not, being inefficient is a choice.

notfaded1
03-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Cuz its slower. Potions keep you alive. He asked for advice i gave him an honest opinion from myself(someone very experienced in pve). He can choose to take it or not, being inefficient is a choice.

With massive higher level ie. shuyal mobs charged nox has been proved time and time again to work VERY well. Search for nox box... read zeus's farming shuyal guide... the damage stacks... it ignores shields... it simply rocks. AS NOX Veil Traps and maybe just unlock SP... load up crit and damage passives. The spinning blades works great for while but with mobs that hit like they do in shuyal elites ur not gonna wanna be real close... just sayin'

Limitational
03-07-2014, 11:33 AM
With massive higher level ie. shuyal mobs charged nox has been proved time and time again to work VERY well. Search for nox box... read zeus's farming shuyal guide... the damage stacks... it ignores shields... it simply rocks. AS NOX Veil Traps and maybe just unlock SP... load up crit and damage passives. The spinning blades works great for while but with mobs that hit like they do in shuyal elites ur not gonna wanna be real close... just sayin'
You realize you're trying to give advice to the guy who has almost every time record on the leaderboard right. lol. it seems he can do just fine without the nox box. nox box is more used if your team is poorly geared or you're soloing. otherwise it is not needed.

deathwraithx
03-07-2014, 12:42 PM
You realize you're trying to give advice to the guy who has almost every time record on the leaderboard right. lol. it seems he can do just fine without the nox box. nox box is more used if your team is poorly geared or you're soloing. otherwise it is not needed.

No need to take offence mate. He's on the lb and already has exceptional gear and pet that may outweigh the charged nox strategy as stated by Zeus in his guide
The person who wanted advice may not have that kind of gear and is probably going to have to resort to charging nox. He's not necessarily going to have a pro pt either so in case there is no mage, charged nox is going to be good
It's just an opinion and there is absolutely no need to get aggravated
Nobody is trying to show anyone anything, we're just trying to help that guy
Peace :)

FluffNStuff
03-07-2014, 02:04 PM
I am a player who also believes a Rogue charging any skill is a worse crime then cooking a steak beyond Rare but I also I know that this is not a debate regarding which is better but which is preferred. And trying to convince someone that they should prefer something other then what they prefer ... well ... you would have better luck getting me to cook you a butterflied well done Filet Mignon.

Spartansultan
03-11-2014, 02:40 PM
The build from Aze is more for a lvl 36 "pro" rogue.
I know what death is meaning and i know what aze is meaning.
I prefer the methode from aze.....butttttt for eliteeeeee
in normal maps charged nox is very useful because of the aoe dmg
for me in elite i prefer the methode from aze (i call it 1vs mob methode)
because i want to seee the dmg i make...but thats not our topic.
when i would be you i would use the methode from death it will help you more.
NOT: the 1vs mob methode is expensive because you use the mana potion button more then a skill like AS
And guys pls dont attk me when i said smthing wrong...you can reply with PEACE