PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here in enough denial to think they can keep up once PC users start gaming?

wheyfocused
12-05-2010, 07:36 PM
See title. Having a larger screen, a mouse, keyboard and a game pad or gaming mouse to map keys to. GG phone users in POCKET Legends pvp. Makes me sad to think about how much of a hit quality wise this game will take once PC use goes live .

Balonia
12-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I hope it's not the death of those who put pocket legends on their feet.

Zeus
12-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Well, we will still be on top in pvp because fingers are faster then a mouse, but however the gold farm companies will probably hit pocket legends and the ex wow and runescape players, possibly destroying the ecosystem and sense of community pocketlegends has here. Well that is worst case scenario, but I sincerely hope this won't happen and somehow it will all be a smooth transition kind of like the droid coming to pocketlegends was.

vulgarstrike
12-05-2010, 07:50 PM
its actually harder in my opinion to play on a computer. it is much MUCH easier to tap away than to point and click. Of course, PC users will likely be granted hotkeys(i hope im one of them) and there is no doubt in my mind that button mashing will be all the rage. still, PL is all about hitting auto attack and moving around, and strategically using skills. i doubt it will make any big difference.

Vyvin
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
That's why we beta the sh1t out of the pc version make it bullet/nuke proof give the finger to the gold farm companies
I will ddos their websites.
/Vyvin

Zeus
12-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Hey Vyvin, are you indian by any chance? Sorry if it seems offensive, just seems like it.

Paralyzer
12-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Kinda ruins the point of POCKET legends since pcs cant fit in your pocket very well

Kossi
12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
they need more content if they wanna compete with WoW

wheyfocused
12-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Competitively it will be the death of phone pvpers, its much easier to target with a gaming mouse, and of course they will have hotkeys, you cant jab your pc monitor. Much more pinpoint precision as well when players are grouped and you target with a mouse on a 20 inch monitor

wheyfocused
12-05-2010, 08:05 PM
As far as movement goes, have you ever tried moving with a mouse + keyboard vs a phone? Much easier to kite and move in general with a mouse. Now i really like this game, thats why the whole pc issue annoys me. I was a 3 time WoW glad, if the situation is as is its a level playing field and is fun. It will lose that with pc involvement.

vulgarstrike
12-05-2010, 08:39 PM
lol.. have you ever tried to play computer games competitively? compare it to say, sniping on a PC. its is pretty hard to move the mouse accurately and click opposed to touching. but i suppose we will beta/alpha test the **** out of the PC anyways.

Inching
12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
they need more content if they wanna compete with WoW

why do ppl compare this with WOW ??? the only thing in common is they are both MMOs and thats it... this is no where close to WOW nor will it be anytime soon so why do ppl comapre?

Just because you have an apple does not mean its the same as my orange even though they are both fruits....

Varking
12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
The screen size should be no bigger than that of an iPad.

Blaquehaaart
12-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Know ones really gonna play this game on a pc. Let's be real, wow is the only game in town, and there is no way someone is gonna stop playing wow and start playing this seriously enough to pose a real threat.

People play this game for it's portability. I'm mean, I lay in bead and play this. Also, I quit wow, because it was way too addictive.

Frankly, I really think they should focus on phone development, because that's it's niche and it's the wow of the mobile world. It'd be foolish to try exert any effort or resources to content with wow. The mobile world is growing very quickly, so they should really focus on that avenue.

In any case, this game would suck if it were on the pc. Haha...it's great for a phone but would suck for a pc.

wheyfocused
12-05-2010, 09:58 PM
lol.. have you ever tried to play computer games competitively? compare it to say, sniping on a PC. its is pretty hard to move the mouse accurately and click opposed to touching. but i suppose we will beta/alpha test the **** out of the PC anyways.

Yes, extensive MMORPG pvp experience, this isnt an fps game. Its much easier for good gamers to use a keyboard and mouse over a smartphone. A speed pad or gaming mouse would tear up in this game...even a regular mouse and hotkeys would be a big advantage. Thats why i know how this will turn out. MMO pvp since 96, UO, EQ 1 & 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Age of Conan, WoW, Guildwars, Warhammer to name a few.
How about you?

After a few months learning curve, smartphone pvpers will be left in the dust. Not due to skill, but due to limitations of the platforms

Varking
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I think there is too much sky is falling going on in here. We have no idea how they will let us control characters from the PC yet and you may need to purchase platinum in order to unlock the PC client.

wheyfocused
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
I think there is too much sky is falling going on in here. We have no idea how they will let us control characters from the PC yet and you may need to purchase platinum in order to unlock the PC client.

With no monthly fee that isnt that big of a deal. what they should do is have pc only servers. problem solved

smoae
12-05-2010, 10:56 PM
When they come out with computer I'm pretty sure you'll only be able to play other computer players...
There would be more than 10x as many people who play the computer version than the itouch/droid. It would change the whole game, so I doubt they'll be using the same servers (if it's even possible to). Never seen a real-time online game run on both a computer and droid/iPhone on the same server.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 12:03 AM
When they come out with computer I'm pretty sure you'll only be able to play other computer players...
There would be more than 10x as many people who play the computer version than the itouch/droid. It would change the whole game, so I doubt they'll be using the same servers (if it's even possible to). Never seen a real-time online game run on both a computer and droid/iPhone on the same server.

If thats the case Ill be very impressed with the dev's intelligence. Instead of only seeing a bottom line it would show they take pride in a quality game

Pharcyde
12-06-2010, 12:07 AM
That's why we beta the sh1t out of the pc version make it bullet/nuke proof give the finger to the gold farm companies
I will ddos their websites.
/Vyvin

I sooooo call beta testing once they ask for volunteers.

With no monthly fee that isnt that big of a deal. what they should do is have pc only servers. problem solved

I already suggested that awhile ago and last I heard it will still all be integrated into the mobile servers.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 01:14 AM
I already suggested that awhile ago and last I heard it will still all be integrated into the mobile servers.

Sad to hear its all about the money for them then

jonboy
12-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Please note: the sky is not falling. Seriously no offense, but I don't care how long you have been playing, your opinion is naught unless you yourself have extensive experience in developing games rather then just consuming them.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Please note: the sky is not falling. Seriously no offense, but I don't care how long you have been playing, your opinion is naught unless you yourself have extensive experience in developing games rather then just consuming them.

No offense, but I think you are completely wrong there. Who best to speak for what a loyal playing community wants in a game but that community? Ive seen people speak like you are in past games, they are the same people that lament the direction the game goes in after unwanted large changes such as this. Have a poll and I would bet that the majority of players who made this game as popular as is would vote for separate servers for pc.

Now this isnt so much an issue for pve sake or if you plan on mainly playing on your comp. But they should do statistics on who is leading in pvp after a few months of gameplay relating to platform used. If they only count from that point on (after the learning curve and sufficient time to gear and level). Id be interested to see how skewed it becomes

Torrentula81
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Pc version will fail hard core. No ones going to want to play these graphics on even a small 15 inch screen. If they get a new version theres still way to many other games tops over PL. I woulnd waste my time playing this of all mmos out there on pc. I would try it but thats it.

Justg
12-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Pc version will fail hard core. No ones going to want to play these graphics on even a small 15 inch screen. If they get a new version theres still way to many other games tops over PL. I woulnd waste my time playing this of all mmos out there on pc. I would try it but thats it.

The game can be rendered at any resolution (ipad is 1024x768) so graphics are not that much of an issue. We don't think this is a matter of comparing PL to all other PC MMOs. It is a matter of comparing PL to all other PC MMOs that ALSO can be played on the bus to work. Or in the park. Or at the dentist. Or in line at the movie...

FluffNStuff
12-06-2010, 11:36 AM
The game can be rendered at any resolution (ipad is 1024x768) so graphics are not that much of an issue. We don't think this is a matter of comparing PL to all other PC MMOs. It is a matter of comparing PL to all other PC MMOs that ALSO can be played on the bus to work. Or in the park. Or at the dentist. Or in line at the movie...

This! (of course it was JustG who said it). The point is most people who have these high end mobile devices also have computers that can play it. So if you prefer PVP on the PC, you can do the PVP on a PC like everyone else. The difference is you can be farming for gear, leveling up twinks or even doing some trades in the CS while you are not at your PC. That gives you a HUGE advantage.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 11:40 AM
This! (of course it was JustG who said it). The point is most people who have these high end mobile devices also have computers that can play it. So if you prefer PVP on the PC, you can do the PVP on a PC like everyone else. The difference is you can be farming for gear, leveling up twinks or even doing some trades in the CS while you are not at your PC. That gives you a HUGE advantage.

This pretty much proves my point. The reason some of us play this is simply bc we didnt want to play a pc mmo. gg PL pvp. Mobile will be relegated to farming and pve only

Cascade
12-06-2010, 11:44 AM
It is very doubtful that they would make a Private beta for PC...They will most likely make an open beta like android.

FluffNStuff
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
This pretty much proves my point. The reason some of us play this is simply bc we didnt want to play a pc mmo. gg PL pvp. Mobile will be relegated to farming and pve only

Having the option to do something does not mean you have to do it that way. For now, instead of worrying about when the PC players come in, work on your PVP skills on the mobile so you will be able to torch them no matter what device they use.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Having the option to do something does not mean you have to do it that way. For now, instead of worrying about when the PC players come in, work on your PVP skills on the mobile so you will be able to torch them no matter what device they use.

You dont seem to understand. Saying dont worry about it isnt addressing the actual issue. Its ignoring it and hoping it goes away magically. My pvp skills are just fine, i excel in every mmo i play, however this makes this game unequal footing. May be just fine for you bc you have a nice pc, but i play this game because its POCKET legends, not PC Legends which it will soon become. And for those that think there are many more MMOs out there to compete with it. name another non subscription that is even close

Ogediah
12-06-2010, 03:07 PM

They will be using the same server. It is a cross platform game. The point of the game is that you will be able to play it anywhere, on any device.
I personally don't see how hot keys are any quicker than finger gestures. Either way you are hitting a button.

Paralyzer
12-06-2010, 04:36 PM
You can power level yourself

jonboy
12-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Ive seen people speak like you are in past games, they are the same people that lament the direction the game goes in after unwanted large changes such as this.

Nice generalisation, Asshat, go read my posts and find me a lamentation about direction of gameplay after a large change, till then your mine sweetcakes.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Nice generalisation, Asshat, go read my posts and find me a lamentation about direction of gameplay after a large change, till then your mine sweetcakes.

Sorry, cant be bothered to argue with a sycophant

jonboy
12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Go those big words, see dictionarys are good for more then just helping you reach the cookie jar.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Go those big words, see dictionarys are good for more then just helping you reach the cookie jar.

Why cant australians ever spell correctly?

jonboy
12-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Because were upside down you ninny

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Because were upside down you ninny

Lol, that actually made me laugh. Youre alright ;)

Rusalio
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Regards to the PC, bulldust! I reckon it doesn't matter what the client is. The keystrokes during IGP result in the same network communications back to the server which is handling the client request. Whether your PC, Droid or our beloved apple counterpart, the network communication regarding what is occuring on the device is all the same. Thats why its always a LAG issue. I use an IPAD which is obviously a bigger screen than an IPOD or iphone and a know of a few mates that rule with these over my ipad any day.... Fair dinkum!

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I haven't used an iPad, but I would think an iPhone would be easier to play on only bc it's like holding a controller. It's more natural than having it on your lap and hitting buttons.

I'm just guessing, since I only have experience with it on my phone.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 06:59 PM
It amazes me that no real competitive gamers have commented.

Rusalio
12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Not sure what that means Whey! Probably understand that client doesn't matter. This coming from an developer IT type.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Not sure what that means Whey! Probably understand that client doesn't matter. This coming from an developer IT type.

Try panning the cam, activating abilities and directing movement all with split second timing on a smartphone. Not even in the same league as a comp

Seratonin
12-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Try panning the cam, activating abilities and directing movement all with split second timing on a smartphone. Not even in the same league as a comp
So very true. PC gaming can be a lot more intense.
BUT if Pocket Legends went to PC, then it wouldn't be Pocket Legends anymore... It would be Desktop Legends... Kind of defeats the name of the game, why would they ever put this on PC?

Necrobane
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
More players, more money. I don't mind the idea. It wouldn't loose it's feel and some more players is always nice.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 07:54 PM
They want money. Cant blame them, but not separating the servers compromises game integrity

So very true. PC gaming can be a lot more intense.
BUT if Pocket Legends went to PC, then it wouldn't be Pocket Legends anymore... It would be Desktop Legends... Kind of defeats the name of the game, why would they ever put this on PC?

Seratonin
12-06-2010, 07:59 PM
More players, more money. I don't mind the idea. It wouldn't loose it's feel and some more players is always nice.

Obviously, but Pocket Legends is Pocket Legends because you can take it anywhere and everywhere(you have electricity and internets) with you. However an integration would be a refreshing change, you can play away from home, and when you get back, you can swap to the PC, thus saving your phone's life.

You talked me into it. That was easy... 0_o

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Saving your phone's life....
Hmm I hope using my phone for so many hours is not going to shorten it's life span? Ugh.

wheyfocused
12-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Hmm I hope using my phone for so many hours is not going to shorten it's life span? Ugh.

Just buy an alt battery, they are nicer anyway. Cheaper than a comp for PC Legends

Seratonin
12-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I can just imagine what kinds of problems I'll be facing down the road... worn out touchscreen... battery screwed from powering up and down and up and down, and all that electric traffic... oh man I need to save up for my next phone... New DROID from Motorola! 2GhZ processor and Nvidia graphics?!?!? what?!@ Oh yeah, Pocket legends run like a beast on that phone, but battery=screwed.

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I've only had my iPhone 4 for about 2-3 mos, and was really not planning to get a new phone until my just-renewed contract is up (since new phones without contract renewal are like 4-600 bucks).

I hope it can handle me playing with it almost round the clock -- I don't even use my pc anymore since I got it!

VietStyleAim
12-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Will this actually hit PC though?

Zeus
12-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes, they already showed a demo of it. It is expected some time in January

smoae
12-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Y'all need to calm down here there's no advantage or disadvantage for pc. You're pressing a button with your thumb, or with your pointer finger...
Ya pointer finger has BIG advantage :rolleyes:

Echelong
12-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Its going to suck having PC players here. I played WoW for almost 3 years and with all the macros and stuff you can make its going to be hard to play against them on PvP. If you think that tap is faster than using hotkeys and mouse you are way wrong.

I can only see the different set of macros on my mage. Doing rotations of lightning, freeze and fire blast followed by a heal and drain in one key. Its going to be interesting and will certainly need a name change unless you consider a laptop pocket.