PDA

View Full Version : Can you add a charge move for Warriors

Blaquehaaart
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I at least wanna look cool when I charge into battle. Before the birds and elves run around and spam aoe everything thing in sight to death faster than I can take out one guy.

Thanks

giayuan
12-05-2010, 08:14 PM
rofl lolololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kossi
12-05-2010, 08:14 PM
sorry, i dont know what you are talking about >.>

Zeus
12-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Kossi I think he is referring to something like the dragon battle axe special in runescape. Bears are like not needed anymore anywhere in Pocketlegends that is why he is complaining.

Kossi
12-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Kossi I think he is referring to something like the dragon battle axe special in runescape. Bears are like not needed anymore anywhere in Pocketlegends that is why he is complaining.

good point...but i think veng is a better charge!
(ninja turtling)-sparc mac

Zeus
12-05-2010, 08:23 PM
ya veng does look epic

Pharcyde
12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I understood what he was talking about :). Hes talking about how hes suppost to be the tattered and scarred warrior that charges gloriously first into battle. But a mage (or old grandma) beats him to it and makes him look like nothing. So what he is asking for is like a spell that actually makes bears of value again in their glory charges. (Like a speed bonus spell that increases atack and movement speeds and cooldown times temperarily)

Lesrider
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Poor bears.

I notice with my pally, when I actually use my sword it is sooooo slow. At least as a pally I have all my ranged and aoe skills to use. But I would never want to be a full-melée bear after the nerf.

In fact, tonight we ended up with a bear in our party for a few VL rounds. Decent bear, so I don't think it was his fault. But the game took as long as it would with four players. We were basically just dragging him around as dead weight.
The devs really need to give bears a tiny bit of pride back, somehow.

Pharcyde
12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Pally's actually don't even use weapons :D. When I'm on my pally I don't even press the attack button.

Especially on ranged bosses where they move away from you I find myself chasing it. Bears at least have a spell to drag them in and keep them from moving.

Zeus
12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
My bear is now a dissapointment :(. I used to have to ponder as to which character to use. Avian or Bear. But now as soon as I log on its automatic choice avian, the sad part is I really loved using my bear for the tactics and strategy involved, as well as feeling invincible. If dev's could restore some of the bear's former glory It would be much appreciated and I just might bring my bear out of hybernation

Lesrider
12-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah I don't use it much, just on bosses like OL and Mynas so I can stay close. They tend to move around a lot. I actually prefer to stay close if I'm tanking.
I use cosmos for Gurg anyway -- since extra armor doesn't really do much good there.

giayuan
12-05-2010, 09:18 PM
truly, the only reason i even use my bear now is to get it to lvl 50; i have completely ignored it after nerf and started playin the bear yesterday -___-

Blaquehaaart
12-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm not complaining.

Oh wait...

Kurlz
12-05-2010, 11:30 PM
a refund (at least 50%) of my dignity and pride as a warrior would be greatly appreciated.
I now know what a neutered kitten feels like.

Zeus
12-05-2010, 11:34 PM
You mean a neutered dog kurlz? When I use my warrior and I join a farming group, I feel like I can hear whispers saying "eww a warrior, people still use those now?" and I'm fully geared in rift or void depending on the situation

Lesrider
12-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Psst devs. Have we used the word "neutered" enough times yet for you to get the idea? ;)

Lesrider
12-05-2010, 11:35 PM
And yep, range, bears actually slow down the game now.
Like dragging a cow carcass behind you the whole way through the dungeon.

EricB
12-06-2010, 12:17 AM
I totally agree with everything said, lol
Bears are nice tanks (but this is not very true any more since taunts looks less effective now too), but they are sooooo harmless compared to other classes (even against bosses). and that's saad :(

Upgrade Cripping Slash to BERSEKER CALL
a charge skill with Aoe damages (the bear is twisting crazy like a tornado)
8 mana / 9 sec cool down/ -5 dodge (to itself) /45-145dmg. / 2m Area (AOE) / speed x1.5 for 5 sec/ root target for 5 sec.

:p

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Neutered, castrated, emasculated. Any of these work to describe the new bears.

Devs, give our bears a reason to come out of hibernation, please!

juhnken773
12-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Sounds quick interesting. It can be replaced with one of the slash skills.

Maybe a dash/charge skill that gathers mobs 3 units horizontally an 8 units in front.

EricB
12-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Or maybe a buff skill that consume HP or weaken armor/dodge but increase Dmg and Dps

smthing like:
10 mana, 10 sec cool-down, -15hp/s, -5 dodge, -5 armor,+120 dmg, walk speed x1.5.

Blaquehaaart
12-06-2010, 03:19 AM
OMG I ran AO2 with a 2 other warriors and a bird. OMG, it took soooooo long (haha, I think the bird clear out just as much as all three of us together) and one of the warriors stomp spamed everything...it became a running joke through the run, because the guy kept doing it. The bird left and the a mage came on...I think he just stuck around for kicks...just like I did, because it was pretty funny.

Ah man, warriors really do suck for dps...

The devs should either make them really good at single target dps (maybe give them a sick bleed effect so we're not stuck on one guy) or give them some more aoe moves so they can keep up on runs. They should most definitely take away the damage of stomp, lord I can't stand stomp spam!!!

I think a charge, aoe slash/bleed would be pretty awesome. I say get rid of vengeful slash and replace it with a charge that generates a hefty amount of aoe threat, get rid of stomp and replace it with an aoe slash that has a decent damaging bleed effect.

Man it kinda feels like I'm playing a pre bc rogue in wow again...

TheLaw
12-06-2010, 04:27 AM
I think a combo for Bears would be better. And I quit using my Bear, i just use to to earn fast cash in Balefort.

EricB
12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Bring back the fun to the bear class, and to STR weapons, they are the best looking items in this game and they are so harmless.
(And bears with wands, for Ursan sake! Don't!...)

Lesrider
12-08-2010, 06:31 AM
I think we need EricB's ball-and-chain mace design! Either just an aoe weapon that swings around in a circle (causing serious head injury), or at the very least a second aoe spell (although that's tricky, since you wouldn't want it to work when not using that weapon).

EricB
12-08-2010, 02:44 PM
After google search it, I found that this weapon real name is "Flail", Briiiiing the Flails to the bears!! (Or any other close range AOE weap, ...Shotguns? battleforged Grenade-launcher of cosmos?..)

Lesrider
12-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Ah yes flail! Doh! I dunno why I was calling it a mace lol.

Torrentula81
12-08-2010, 02:56 PM
And yep, range, bears actually slow down the game now.
Like dragging a cow carcass behind you the whole way through the dungeon.

Lol, so true

EricB
12-08-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.labs.erathic.com/pocketlegends/flailpropaganda.jpg

Lesrider
12-08-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.labs.erathic.com/pocketlegends/flailpropaganda.jpg

I literally just LOL'd

FluffNStuff
12-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Go berserker. My berserker bear puts out good DPS, hopefully to get better in 1.6.

EricB
12-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Berserker? Can you explain? Dex bear?..

FluffNStuff
12-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Berserker? Can you explain? Dex bear?..

Hammer Slashing Bear.

BeardedBear
12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
What stinks for me especially is I was a bear enthusiast. 10 out of my 14 characters are bears. RUINED, I TELL YOU, ALL RUINED!

StompArtist
12-09-2010, 10:16 AM
What stinks for me especially is I was a bear enthusiast. 10 out of my 14 characters are bears. RUINED, I TELL YOU, ALL RUINED!

I think the bear would become all that better if the pull move actually pulled all enemies in a tight group around it (they tend to fly by and still end up far) as well as get them to refocus on the bear instead of walking away towards other players like this never happened. It's frustrating when your tank is being ignored by the enemies and you end up running around trying to catch up with them.

BeardedBear
12-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I think the bear would become all that better if the pull move actually pulled all enemies in a tight group around it (they tend to fly by and still end up far) as well as get them to refocus on the bear instead of walking away towards other players like this never happened. It's frustrating when your tank is being ignored by the enemies and you end up running around trying to catch up with them.

Beckon is the least of the bear's worries now, and I kind of like the way it currently works. If you are running and beckon, you can send enemies flying behind you if done correctly. Bears have never been able to hold aggro well either.

Whoever said that comment about bears slowing the game down, you are totally right.

FluffNStuff
12-09-2010, 11:44 AM
To those saying the bear is weak, or it slows down the game, or it can't output insane dps, I just have this to say:
My Stomp on you is like a truck, Berserker!
Would you like to be slash struck, Berserker!
My Hammer hits you like a rock, Berserker!

StompArtist
12-09-2010, 11:51 AM
To those saying the bear is weak, or it slows down the game, or it can't output insane dps, I just have this to say:
My Stomp on you is like a truck, Berserker!
Would you like to be slash struck, Berserker!
My Hammer hits you like a rock, Berserker!

I am a big bear fan but I got to say that the problem is when birds come in shoot first and then runn all over the place. You end up spending frustrating time running around trying to catch ennemies running after the bird instead of fighting. Extremely aggravating.

FluffNStuff
12-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I am a big bear fan but I got to say that the problem is when birds come in shoot first and then runn all over the place. You end up spending frustrating time running around trying to catch ennemies running after the bird instead of fighting. Extremely aggravating.

That sounds like a bad team issue instead of a Bear issue. Either find a better team, or find a different mob and go Berserker on it.

StompArtist
12-09-2010, 11:57 AM
That sounds like a bad team issue instead of a Bear issue. Either find a better team, or find a different mob and go Berserker on it.

Good point.

BeardedBear
12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Ha Berseker, smurker! When it comes down to it, bears aren't needed and are the least effective character at this point. Beckon and stomp is nice for crowd control, but let's face it, a pally or str based bird seems to be muuuuch better.

Lesrider
12-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Fluff, I'd be curious to see your bear in action, bc any bear that has been in my party since the nerf, has done nothing but slow us down. I had a run yesterday with just two pallies and two birds, and I think it still went faster than if we would have had a bear asthe 5th! I know it doesn't make sense, but the bear seems almost worse than no 5th player at all!

noobmigo
12-10-2010, 07:52 PM
that is possible. doing spam skills and stuff so you guys take some dmg or whatever. i dunno.

Blaquehaaart
12-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Les, that's very possible if the bear is a stomp spammer. That'll definitely slow things down because he'll ruin the CC.

Fanderay
12-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Bears in WoW got to charge, and it was FUN. Cool zooming sound and everything. Also, helpful for saving over-zealous mages :P I think PL bears definitely need something to make them more heroic and useful (alternatively, just turn everyone else into a paper cannon ^_^).