PDA

View Full Version : Please do not share your account password or ever give it out

Samhayne
03-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Hey everyone,

I want to take a minute to talk about your game account's security.

Please never share or give out your game account's password or login. Also, Spacetime will never ask you for your password.

Because there is the ability to trade items and currency in the Legends game, there are many people who will attempt to trick you into giving them your account's password and login. They may claim to want to play your character, or to help out their friend, or to give you Platinum or a "hack" that claims to give you gold. There are as many different "tricks" as their are different people in the world. Zylx wrote a great guide about avoiding common scams at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137292-Guide-Scams-Avoiding-Scams-and-What-to-do-if-You-are-Scammed

Unfortunately, our Customer Support Team regularly receives help requests where a user claims their items are missing and wants them back. After investigating we typically find that the items were traded to another character. We don't give items back under such circumstances. Whether it was you or someone else using your account that did it, the fact remains that the character in question used the trade feature to gift or trade those items away.

If we were to give items lost under such circumstances back, we would essentially be duplicating them. If we do that for one customer, we need to do it for anyone. That's a very slippery slope. If anyone could trade their items off to their friend, write Customer Support and ask for them to be given back and we go on to create them out of thin air and give them back, then pretty soon, no items would have any value. Also, our Customer Support Team would spend all their time creating items and not helping customers with much else.

So, long story short, please never give out your account's password!

Thanks very much.

Samhayne

Anarchist
03-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Rogered Sam!

And also...

"Now A Word From Your Customer Support Team" (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?69958-And-Now-A-Word-From-Your-Customer-Support-Team%85)

By RedStapler

keikali
03-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Copy that Charlie.

Solid
03-06-2014, 01:19 PM
ok.

Fyrce
03-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Sorry, but kiddies, including old kiddies, are still not going to comprehend this. And don't worry, they understand security…

*stare*

Pandamoni
03-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Wait, so you mean I shouldn't give my account log in to that one guy who's my best friend EVARRRRRRRR who I met a week ago? What about a month ago? I trust him sooooo much!

Oh, and wait, if I gave it to one person shouldn't I give it to another person just so the other person doesn't feel left out? I'm so confused!

Hiosahaf
03-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Wait, so you mean I shouldn't give my account log in to that one guy who's my best friend EVARRRRRRRR who I met a week ago? What about a month ago? I trust him sooooo much!

Oh, and wait, if I gave it to one person shouldn't I give it to another person just so the other person doesn't feel left out? I'm so confused!

Well, if you lose your items then, it's not the responsibility of STS. I think that's fair enough. Although, my gf does know my password since we've been together for 4 years. And I accept the fact that they won't restore anything if I lose stuff because I gotta admit it, it was my fault.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Rare
03-06-2014, 01:44 PM

Wait... we met longer ago than that :(

Pandamoni
03-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Wait... we met longer ago than that :(

lol :P

Pandamoni
03-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Well, if you lose your items then, it's not the responsibility of STS. I think that's fair enough. Although, my gf does know my password since we've been together for 4 years. And I accept the fact that they won't restore anything if I lose stuff because I gotta admit it, it was my fault.

You really didn't get that I was being tongue in cheek?

Bhurtz
03-06-2014, 02:16 PM
thanks captain obvious!

Hiosahaf
03-06-2014, 02:18 PM
You really didn't get that I was being tongue in cheek?

My apologies.. sorry..

Rare
03-06-2014, 02:19 PM
thanks captain obvious!

Obviously not obvious.

Pandamoni
03-06-2014, 02:54 PM
My apologies.. sorry..

No worries! I hope I didn't sound rude. I just wasn't sure if I needed to go and make it even more silly to really express the sarcasm ((hugs))

Hiosahaf
03-06-2014, 03:17 PM
No worries! I hope I didn't sound rude. I just wasn't sure if I needed to go and make it even more silly to really express the sarcasm ((hugs))

No you weren't! Sorry :D

Fauksuras
03-06-2014, 04:18 PM
I guess this thread is necessary with the vast quantity of people losing items out of seemingly thin air. It's always account sharing.

Nagin
03-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Accnt sharing creates alot of problem, and if found guilty u can be permanently banned from sts games....
Nvr give out ur pass or email!!

sevenpain
03-06-2014, 04:35 PM

Lol

Fyrce
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Kids, this:
I've known my hubby at least 20 years and he doesn't know my login OR my password.

Commanderkeen
03-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Kids, this:
I've known my hubby at least 20 years and he doesn't know my login OR my password.

This. I've been dating my girlfriend for 10 years and she doesn't know mine.

Anarchist
03-06-2014, 08:30 PM

10years? Wow congrats commander :)

Commanderkeen
03-06-2014, 08:33 PM
10years? Wow congrats commander :)

Thanks. She wants a ring and a kid now I wanna wait 4 more years.

Zylx
03-07-2014, 12:55 AM
One of the other reasons why STS is very strict about this issue (i think) is because it could cause confusion. Not only does it result in a player losing all of their work/items/gold/characters, but it could also result in even more scams.

Say Player A gives their account info to Player 1 and Player 1 takes over their account. All of Player A's friends will think Player A is still Player A when actually they're someone else. People in the game tend to establish trust with their closest in-game friends (i do the same). So when the new Player A asks an old friend if they can borrow an item/gold, they could actually do it. It makes friends become more succeptable to getting scammed.

It also would eliminate the integrity of the player. Would you rather know that one of your friends is actually your long-time friend, and not some other stranger? Players in the game like establishing and growing relationships. Real marriages have actually resulted from meeting in the game. It's an MMORPG. If you arent building relationships, then its just an RPG. Just like real life, relationships are meant to be shared between two or more absolute people. Not two or possibly more probably-people.

Sharing of account info is a serious issue. It's right to be enforced as a bannable offense. To prevent even more scams and eliminate false faith.

The Forgotten
03-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Also like what happen to me you give out your info you get permanently banned from game

Anarchist
03-07-2014, 01:15 AM
Thanks. She wants a ring and a kid now I wanna wait 4 more years.

Ahahahahaah :')

Come on....give her the ring :P

razerfingers
03-07-2014, 02:16 AM
Kids, this:

Haha my girlfriend of 3 years knows my facebook deets lmao. Bad? Nahhh nothin to hide! I have hers so its okay!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Fyrce
03-07-2014, 04:01 AM
No hiding. He can totally look over my shoulder if he wants. For the same reason, he shows me his text conversations.

I just do not believe sharing devices and accounts when the owner is not present is a good idea. Ever.

It's like someone borrowing stuff from your closet w/o telling you. I would want them to ask. Always.

Limsi
03-07-2014, 04:19 AM
Sharing your personal info is like allowing everyone to use your toothbrush

Commanderkeen
03-07-2014, 06:24 AM
Ahahahahaah :')

Come on....give her the ring :P

I'm only 26. Would like to live a little bit more till I have to settle down. Anyways shes been with me for 10 years and hasn't left yet, she can 4 more years.

No hiding. He can totally look over my shoulder if he wants. For the same reason, he shows me his text conversations.

I just do not believe sharing devices and accounts when the owner is not present is a good idea. Ever.

It's like someone borrowing stuff from your closet w/o telling you. I would want them to ask. Always.

This again. I have nothing to hide. I even let her play on my toons whenever she wants but I just don't feel sharing account information is a good idea.

Smurfo
03-07-2014, 08:03 AM
The problem comes when you are sure you did not share your password, yet you lost your items. I see more people struggling with someone trying to log into their accounts (latest from today). I am not implying anything, just saying...

Zylx
03-07-2014, 12:38 PM
The problem comes when you are sure you did not share your password, yet you lost your items. I see more people struggling with someone trying to log into their accounts (latest from today). I am not implying anything, just saying...

All they need is an email. Passwords can be pretty easy to overcome. Thats why whenever i have to email someone from the game, i use a fake email and not my real one.