PDA

View Full Version : Pets giving extra stats

ToastyLord
03-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Okay so I was thinking if different pets gave different extra stats like all dragon type pets give 5+ dmg and 2%+ hit and balloon type pets would give 2+ of each regen and 2+ dmg and all other types of pets (minotaurs, ducks, turkeys, and whatever else) gives 3+ armor and 2+ crit.
[something like that]

I think this would be very cool and up the strategy in all PvP.

Just some thoughts :)

Schnitzel
03-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Sounds like AL...
My opinion is no.

Caiahar
03-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Up the strategy?!
Plat users once again would become benficial, getting many pets.
And it would ruin pvp.

ToastyLord
03-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Well, u could lower the stat bonus but i think it would be cool and u can still be very good without it, its kinda like founders expect less and everyone has a chance at it

Schnitzel
03-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Eh..the stats u listed are a bit more, how should I say this, powerful than founders helm

Roberto077
03-06-2014, 10:17 PM
There already is. It's called dragon sets

Shonex
03-07-2014, 03:39 AM
Want pets to give extra stats?
Give AL a try.

Ssneakykills
03-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Yeah pl is supposed to be unique and implementing this will just make it like al

fourleaf
03-07-2014, 04:07 PM
not really any more strategy just more stats added on

Roberto077
03-07-2014, 04:31 PM

plat = strategy? Never heard that one before

fourleaf
03-07-2014, 06:03 PM

plat = strategy? Never heard that one before
lol right?
its like saying rings make the game more strategic

Laar
03-07-2014, 06:34 PM
lol right?
So we shouldn't have gear at all?
Not saying I agree with this, I see that in AL the pets make PvP unbalanced, but what you're implying to me is that gear should not be in the game, so it's more "strategic".

Caiahar
03-07-2014, 06:44 PM
lol right?
Not saying I agree with this, I see that in AL the pets make PvP unbalanced, but what you're implying to me is that gear should not be in the game, so it's more "strategic".
Pvping without gear is strategic :D
"We came to this world naked, we shall fight and die naked!"-quote from NoTyCookiez
Rlly its very strategic.

fourleaf
03-07-2014, 06:53 PM
lol right?
honestly...naked fights do take the most skill
all I am saying they have trouble balancing 5 stat'd item slots, why add an extra
skill builds are what take skill, not stats

Fusionstrike
03-07-2014, 07:04 PM
PL has had no end of trouble dealing with vanities that give stat boosts. Just look at the threads following the conversion from dragon sets with stats to rings, or the thousands of threads of players begging for access to elite rings, or the endless complaints from those who think founder's helms are an unfair advantage due to their small stat boost. STS wisely got out of as many of these vanity boosts as they could and have learned their lesson not to introduce any more.

So don't expect that you'll see any new vanities with stats attached. Ever.

Laar
03-07-2014, 07:27 PM
"We came to this world naked, we shall fight and die naked!"-quote from NoTyCookiez
Rlly its very strategic.
I'm not saying it isn't, but it's really stupid. Gear adds another aspect to the game that makes PvE and PvP interesting, and people use the the vast variety of the different types of gear to make their play style their own. What I and many others can tell is that PvP is falling apart from the lack of diversity in most levels, as it is mostly plat packs, halloween items, reapers, and savage sets.

Caiahar
03-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Rlly its very strategic.
I'm not saying it isn't, but it's really stupid. Gear adds another aspect to the game that makes PvE and PvP interesting, and people use the the vast variety of the different types of gear to make their play style their own. What I and many others can tell is that PvP is falling apart from the lack of diversity in most levels, as it is mostly plat packs, halloween items, reapers, and savage sets.
Then wear noob weapon >_<

Or wear pjs, they make u look naked :p

Laar
03-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Then wear noob weapon >_<

Or wear pjs, they make u look naked :p
Lol, I wear PJs to check if my enemies kill me and yell out noob :p
But in all honesty, gear is a big part of PvP huehuehue.

Rolocolo
03-07-2014, 10:19 PM
NO. thank you

Schnitzel
03-07-2014, 11:13 PM
PL has had no end of trouble dealing with vanities that give stat boosts. Just look at the threads following the conversion from dragon sets with stats to rings, or the thousands of threads of players begging for access to elite rings, or the endless complaints from those who think founder's helms are an unfair advantage due to their small stat boost. STS wisely got out of as many of these vanity boosts as they could and have learned their lesson not to introduce any more.

So don't expect that you'll see any new vanities with stats attached. Ever.

i never found out why +5 armor and damage could be considered an unfair advantage...

Laar
03-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Rolocolo for president

ToastyLord
03-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Okay I see what you guys all mean and maybe it isn't a good idea to make pets give extra stats.

BUT I do think they should add
something to make PvP a bit more interesting like maybe a new game type? Or some NEW wep ( as in a new wep that has wierd abilities but is NOT OP )? Something like that to make PvP more interesting.

Just my opinion