PDA

View Full Version : Android emulator and PL

IamCoemToKillU
12-06-2010, 07:34 AM
has anyone managed to make it run on the emulator?
I havent fixed the internet connection on the emulator yet...

If it would work it would be great cuz i wouldnt have to run it on my 4" screen but rather on 22" and i wouldnt have to sit next to power supply whole time while playing:D

xenosapien
12-06-2010, 09:11 AM
im not sure it it would run - the android SDK emulator runs stuff, especially games, INCREDIBLY slowly.
this is normal for emulators, though - usually a rule of thumb is that an emulator needs 4x the power than the device it usually runs on has.
and since PL is not really for devices with less than 700 MHz (at least it runs like **** on my Milestone when I disable the overclocking, putting it back at 550), that means that even on a high-end PC, it would just barely run well.

all that aside, most mobile game devs consider playing their game on an emulator cheating (usually because itīs too easy to just write a script to auto-farm stuff).
i played pocket empires for a while, and a whole range of people got banned for playing the game on emulators.

Arterra
12-06-2010, 09:14 AM
One day I will realize my dream of playing PL on my itouch while booting from android... On a PC Iphone emulator LOL.

Futumsh
12-06-2010, 09:31 AM
I've played it in the emulator, and trust me, you really don't want to. On a moderately powered machine it's about a frame every 10 seconds in town. The emulator also only supports OpenGL ES 1.0, so it won't run without changes to either the game or emulator anyway.

IamCoemToKillU
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
god knows i could be weird but my hand is feeling numb while lpaying this. I got a feeling its the wireless antena near the palm

purg
01-04-2011, 05:53 AM
I've played it in the emulator, and trust me, you really don't want to. On a moderately powered machine it's about a frame every 10 seconds in town. The emulator also only supports OpenGL ES 1.0, so it won't run without changes to either the game or emulator anyway.

Could you offer a guide, I crash when trying to initialize within 2.1 & 2.2
never make it to town screen.

Fuzzy_wuzzy
04-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Where can i download this emulator?? i really just want to use one so that i can buy plat with my itunes giftcards.... im running android 2.2 on HTC evo so i don't get the damn itunes option :((

Diodge
04-09-2011, 09:24 PM
search Google...... I don't know if you can use a emulator to buy plat. It sound's like it might work.

choco
04-09-2011, 11:02 PM
it wont work....itunes doesn't connect to an android device...emulator or otherwise. just borrow a friends idevice