PDA

View Full Version : I hate how the iPhone app store rates items.

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Has anyone else noticed how awful the app store's ranking system is? Top games are just games that were downloaded more than others -- has nothing to do with the reviews. I miss out on so many decent games because they're flooded by the junk apps that had a lot of downloads. Or at least that's how I THINK they rank them -- sometimes it seems just so completely random.

I wish there was a way to search by top-rated games. Or is there and I'm going to feel really stupid right now?

HelpBot
12-06-2010, 10:35 AM
What you mean is you believe there rated by downloads which they should be rated by popularity I know angry birds is the best games online offline who cares. On the app store PL is rated 3 stars because of the people that keep rating 1 star saying OMG you have to pay $60 to play which you only need $15 but after you buy once you buy more..

Arterra
12-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I bet most of those darn 1star people are the same people asking for free PLAT on the facebook page...

BeardedBear
12-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I had a guy in PVP call me a "plat buying loser". He was lvl 18 and apparently, poor in real life.

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I bet most of those darn 1star people are the same people asking for free PLAT on the facebook page...

Lol actually, I was so angry after update 1.5 with the insane prices on everything, that I updated my review to one star. But I just went and changed it now, bc I'm over it. I've managed to survive without any of those extras.