PDA

View Full Version : Guide about the forum signature text box

Schnitzel
03-08-2014, 04:08 PM
This is my first attempt at making a guide. If i do bad on this, please tell me how to improve.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guide is intended for forum-ers who do not know how to add links, spoiler buttons, or a Signature to their posts.

I will be writing the tags using these signs "{" and "}" but when you are putting this into your Actual sig text box, replace the "{" and "}" with brackets"[" and "]" or it will not work
These "<" and ">" will be used to tell you what to put in that part

To Edit/Upload a Signature
Go to the top right corner of the Website page (you must be logged in)

click INBOX

Look in the left side of the screen and click Edit signature

Now it will display this page

Scroll down until you see the Options part (The picture above the options may vary. The blue one is my sig Please do not use it as yours thanks
You can either take a picture from the internet and upload it, or you can choose from your computer to upload

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will tell where your signature will be displayed. There are three places. Left, center, and right.
To make a left signature with texts, write
{LEFT} {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC} <Enter whatever text, links, spoilers you want to add here>{/LEFT}

To make a center signature with texts, write
{CENTER} {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC} <Enter whatever text, links, spoilers you want to add here>{/CENTER}

To make a right signature with texts, write
{RIGHT} {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC} <Enter whatever text, links, spoilers you want to add here>{/RIGHT}

This part is important if you want your signature (needs to be uploaded first) to be shown when you post replies on forums
{SIGPIC} {/SIGPIC}
Note: don't put anything between the tags

How to make your signature or image a clickable link
{URL="www.NotARealURL.Com"}{SIGPIC}{SIGPIC}{/URL}

To make a spoiler button

{spoiler=<type what your spoiler button will show>} <Your shown message here> {/spoiler}

To make a link (like mine in when i post replies to threads)
<Whatever goes here will be regular text>{URL="<enter website address here>"} <Enter the text you want displayed> {/URL}

My example
To visit STS forums, click{URL="www.spacetimestudios.com/forum.php"} HERE {/URL}
This will display
To visit STS forums, click HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forum.php)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what i got so far. If i missed anything, reply to this thread, and I'll add it later..
Thanks

Xenobiotic
03-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Hi.

Cmrel
03-14-2014, 12:31 AM
sweet! thanks so much :)

matiusjohntw
02-16-2016, 02:28 AM
This part is important if you want your signature (needs to be uploaded first) to be shown when you post replies on forums
{SIGPIC} {/SIGPIC}
Note: don't put anything between the tags

Where i can change this?

Dragoonclaws
02-16-2016, 10:42 AM
Ruizhe, you have a typo for the middle line, you forgot to add / to the {center}