PDA

View Full Version : Relationship between threat level and xp

Heroelite
03-09-2014, 12:01 AM
I determined these values a couple months ago and I just happened to come across my document again. Most people say things like red giving 2x xp without actually testing it... so these are how much xp you get per enemy without elixirs.

gray - 0 xp

green - 0 xp
(usually 3 levels above recommended level)

light blue - 0.5 xp/kill
(usually 2 levels above recommended campaign levels)

blue - 0.76 xp/kill
(usually 1 level above recommended)

white - 1 xp/kill

yellow - 1.29 xp/kill

red - 1.39 xp/kill

These were determined by soloing maps at different levels and different mob threats...

Things to note:
The XP bar shows a rounded value (so it's very unlikely to be at a whole number xp value at any given time... unless you are like level 1 or 2) which is also why i had to kill a couple hundred enemies.

Threat level (color) has to do with your level compared to the level of the enemies.
Maps further in the campaign have higher level enemies... so higher threat levels.
ex. map 1 might have white threat level while map 5 has red... useful for pve kill farmers

More players in the party = higher mob levels. So there is a "full party xp bonus" indirectly.. no actual bonus.
The higher level your teammates are, the higher level the enemies will be. (so if there is a really high level in your party who isn't helping... it would be wise to boot that player to make the run easier for yourself)
^ these were true before the update that changed how items scale (used to be the highest level in the party determined the level of your loot).. not sure if these have changed or not and I cannot test it because I don't play anymore.

Also note that threat level can go down in the same dungeon without leveling up by killing a certain amount of enemies. I can't explain why it occurs but just know that it does happen.

Aveea
03-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Nice work, pretty cool info.

Shonex
03-09-2014, 03:29 AM
This type of guide already exists, but we appreciate the effort.

Brave Sir Robin
03-09-2014, 10:18 AM
This is good stuff.
Thank you for taking the time to do the experiments and share your findings with us. :smile:

XghostzX
03-09-2014, 04:26 PM

That's such a condescending compliment.

Heroelite
03-09-2014, 07:10 PM

I made this because the other guide could mislead others with its inaccurate info.. and also to clarify how xp actually works.

Shonex
03-10-2014, 04:03 AM
I made this because the other guide could mislead others with its inaccurate info.. and also to clarify how xp actually works.

Ok, thanks for the added info, I thought the other one had it too.

Fusionstrike
03-10-2014, 06:11 PM
This is really helpful info. I used to stress out trying always to level against red foes as much as possible. Now that I see the difference is pretty small, I'll feel better about hanging out against yellows if it's more convenient.

Gracious
03-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Well done!

MercherofPL
01-22-2015, 11:50 PM
usefull info thx

Tetriac
10-09-2016, 02:18 PM
The threat levels are shown by color in the guide, but is how can you tell what the actual threat level is in-game? Is there an actual color code somewhere?

Zeiryan
10-14-2016, 10:41 AM
The threat levels are shown by color in the guide, but is how can you tell what the actual threat level is in-game? Is there an actual color code somewhere?

I was about to answer your question, but I saw you posted on the other "EXP" forum a few minutes after, so I guess you got the answer now? Lol :)