PDA

View Full Version : Restraining Officer's power

Dragoonclaws
03-09-2014, 01:52 AM
Hello,

We are having a little problem here. Officer are well chosen in most guilds. the only problems is that they might remove all members from the guild while the Guild Master is not here.

It did happen today. It was shocking, as an officer, to not be able stop the other officer. I really don't want this to happen again. Contacting supports is not fast enough to stop the craziness of the officer. GMs are not always available and some people might revenge secretly.

Here is the solution:

- An officer vote to block an other officer. 3 officers would vote "yes" to block an officer from his functions. Only GM can unblock him.

- A maximum remove/ hour. One officer can't remove more than 10 members per hour. Only GM can remove more than 10 members/hour.

- Overseer rank (As temporary GM, or chief of officers), he can only demote an officer; and promote members to recruiters. (No officer promoting option, and no disband option)

Please consider this. When it happens, it is horrible to not be able to stop the madness. Feels bad and responsible.

Dragoonclaws

Blood Pack Mercenary (Armadylian - Officer)
The Untouchables (Dragoonclaws - Officer)
Kingdom of Light (Zaamorak - Officer)
Fatality (Dragonxclaws - Recruiter)

DivineMyth
03-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Haha I always felt the same in the case that there should be a position that is between officers and masters such as like a co-master

ZeroBlu
03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Yes please!!! It would be nice :)

Fyrce
03-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Or you have one (1) Master, one (1) Co-Master (aka Officer), Recruiters

Cloneo
03-11-2014, 07:14 AM
It might be nice, but the reason you would make the person an officer is if you really trust them.

ZeroBlu
03-11-2014, 05:49 PM
It might be nice, but the reason you would make the person an officer is if you really trust them.

But sometimes bad things happen.....

Dragoonclaws
03-11-2014, 06:33 PM
This is just a way to prevent things. If you really think that it won't happen, then watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6oawSNMLeY

I freaked out. We are still ranked... but it won't be for so long... We are working hard to bring back our players and cap our players

It happened last week. An old officeer came to our guild... and took a revenge... for his friend.

DivineMyth
03-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Secret Garden and Rampage will always stay top tho^^

Zodiarck
03-12-2014, 01:21 PM
that overseer rank idea is beautiful, always thought about it a rank just above officer to have all the power of a gm, but limited to disbanding guild

Grooza
03-12-2014, 02:16 PM
The issue mentioned by Dragoonclaws is a flaw in the game set up.
As shown, one officer can empty a guild and nobody can do anything about it as long as the GM is not present.
This has nothing to do with choosing officers carefully. Everybody tries to do that, but some ppl just have bad intentions.

I would favour option 3, if its not too complicated.
Otherwise option 2, would also, at least limit the damage than can be done.

Hoping the developers will react to this thread

Grooza
03-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Secret Garden and Rampage will always stay top tho^^

Thats bcse they have lots of inactive lvl 51 alts and or players.
Ranking should be based on active players.
Inactive playes, for example inactive for half a year, should not be part in the count for leaderboard

Dragoonclaws
03-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Thats bcse they have lots of inactive lvl 51 alts and or players.
Ranking should be based on active players.
Inactive playes, for example inactive for half a year, should not be part in the count for leaderboard

Well, hard to say, because It would be same for all of us... I mean, anyone can just cap his chars and leave them at guild, cap an other and keep it at guild.. and so on... At the end, their work won't be counted? Hard to approve. Rampage and Secret Garden cap alts and players.

xroxinex
03-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Omg I had that happen to me in my old guild I was GM they just booted everyone I learned my lesson so I made everyone officer

DivineMyth
03-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Omg I had that happen to me in my old guild I was GM they just booted everyone I learned my lesson so I made everyone officer

lol. ^^

Caieges
03-28-2014, 11:15 AM

Making everyone officer can be a way of controlling the officers..

IGN: Caieges

Dragoonclaws
03-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Making everyone officer can be a way of controlling the officers..

IGN: Caieges

Or just not having officers...

If everybody is officer, then how do we boot bad officers (members)?

xroxinex
03-29-2014, 11:53 PM
The. Master

Caieges
03-31-2014, 02:58 AM
Or just not having officers...

If everybody is officer, then how do we boot bad officers (members)?

Well it will be the same if you only have members

xroxinex
03-31-2014, 12:08 PM
True true but it's the masters fault for even making he or she an officer some people earn masters trust just to do that
Be more aware

Dragoonclaws
04-02-2014, 08:34 PM
well, its called treason for your information.. anybody can do that... ... even me to my own 4 guilds because some rich guy offer me 10 squids and 9 999 999 credits and more.

xroxinex
04-03-2014, 08:39 PM
In my opinion it is becaus. The master is the one Who promoted them and it's also the criminals. fault for doing it but I do think the co master is a good idea or they can transfer leadership to someone they truth while they r offline

Jetjaguarr
05-30-2014, 06:23 AM
Well in my guild, I made all members officer, so I dont have that problem. For equality. But the same would work if everyone was "Recruiter". No one could boot anyone.

Conquered
05-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Well in my guild, I made all members officer, so I dont have that problem. For equality. But the same would work if everyone was "Recruiter". No one could boot anyone.

I prefer everyone is a recruiter.

CARNIVALCLOWN
05-30-2014, 09:35 AM
i wish their was like a first officer someone that can be just under the guild master.

Zodiarck
06-01-2014, 12:15 PM
That's why when Phoenix was made we didnt have officer ranks except for a select few that have been there for years and known eachother personally, about 4 officers, But it's better to keep people as recruiters

Doframingo
06-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Nice idea dragoon:)