PDA

View Full Version : Buggy bows!

Serancha
03-09-2014, 05:34 AM
Expedition Recurve of Brutality: chance to proc a powerful snare for 8 seconds, diminishing every 2 seconds.

I have run 10 maps with this bow, using normal attack only. Not once has it snared anything. It refuses to proc. Also, the aim and range are both terrible. I can't hit mobs that are almost within melee range, and arrows appear to fly off in random directions.

Comparatively:

Expedition bow of Lethality: Chance to apply a detonating arrow to target. Chance of 15 dex buff.

This bow is quite cool. It procs at a nice frequency, and the fact the two procs are separate keeps it interesting. Aim is accurate as one expects from a bow, and range is excellent.

I am curious what the third effect is though, it's not in the description. It puts a patch on the ground, similar to arcane patch ( but in a cross shape and only under one mob). That mob dies as the patch shrinks and vanishes. This only seems to happen on smaller mobs, not large ones or bosses. It doesn't last 8 seconds, so pretty sure it's not the missing snare from the Recurve that got misplaced. Is this something missing from the description? It seems to have nothing to do with the explosion proc at all.

Both bows tested are level 36. Thanks.

Ravager
03-09-2014, 05:53 AM
Tested in pvp too?

faychen
03-09-2014, 05:58 AM
I wish to see the proc of Exp Rec Bow too, never saw once, thanks for bing this out.
I think the cross shape patch from Expedition Bow is what they say detonating arrow, it seems to explode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Serancha
03-09-2014, 05:58 AM
Only tested in pve at this point.

The detonating arrow makes the mobs explode in a little fireball, from what I can tell. I've been wrong once or twice before though. ;)

Serancha
03-09-2014, 06:50 AM
Further tests show the patch on the ground is indeed the detonating thingy, thanks fey. I'll change the question for that bow to "what is the fire damage proc we see when no detonator is present?" I like it, I am just curious what the third proc is on this bow - I'm definitely getting 3 different effects. Nice bow.

Also got a potency recurve to test. Finally saw what I think is the snare proc (looks like little dust clouds at the feet of a single mob) but it is extremely underwhelming.

Kakashis
03-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Fire proc is the +15 Dex, cross thingy is the detonating proc.

Tiny dust clouds that really only slow an enemy down is the proc on the recurve. Needless to say, I'll be looking to elite farmed weapon drops.

Serancha
03-09-2014, 04:40 PM
There are many weapons that give +15 dex - and I get the fireballs without that on.