PDA

View Full Version : The Google Nexus S is real

Derajdefyre
12-06-2010, 03:04 PM
http://www.google.com/nexus/

... and it is amazing.

PROS:
-SUPER AMOLED screen, you need to see it to believe it
-Samsung processor and graphics, runs all of Pocket Legends like a beast.
-Front facing camera and rear facing camera with flash
-plain Android 2.3 Gingerbread (since it is plain Android and a Google phone you always get instant updates of the OS)
-16GB storage
-carrier unlocked right out of the box even if you get it carrier subsidized

CONS:
-No microSD slot
-Only subsidized by T-mobile and cannot use T-mobile's "4G" (which isn't even really 4g and isn't available most places so I really don't care anyways)
-GSM phone so it can't be used on Verizon or Sprint

PRO/CON:
-no hardware keyboard, but some people like that and some don't and some don't care

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Is it like Santa Claus or Diet Dr Pepper? Too hard to believe?

Arterra
12-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Unlocked by default
Out of the box, Nexus S is unlocked, so it will work with any GSM carrier.

wait, T-mobile? or does that mean something else than any carrier?

Zandog
12-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Why get a 1ghz A8 processor when dual core 2ghz A9 processors are coming next month? I'm waiting for a Tegra 2 phone.

Ogediah
12-06-2010, 04:50 PM
wait, T-mobile? or does that mean something else than any carrier?

Made for T-mobile, with the possibility of being unlocked for other GSM carriers using a compatible band. (Such as AT&T)

Derajdefyre
12-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Made for T-mobile, with the possibility of being unlocked for other GSM carriers using a compatible band. (Such as AT&T)

It is specifically designed for T-mobile, BUT it is ALREADY unlocked and can be used on AT&T or any other network around the world. Also, there is no T-mobile branding anywhere on the device and there is no T-mobile bloatware.

Ogediah
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
It is specifically designed for T-mobile, BUT it is ALREADY unlocked and can be used on AT&T or any other network around the world. Also, there is no T-mobile branding anywhere on the device and there is no T-mobile bloatware.

I stand corrected, already unlocked. However. You will pay and outright cost if you wish to buy it without a contract (529 it looks like) while a 2 yr contract gets you the phone for 199.
Just about every android phone is unlockable anyways. Not to mention, T-mobile will straight up give you an unlock code after so many months. With the new copyright law, they are really just saving money by not filing for one.

Zeus
12-06-2010, 06:53 PM
There is a correction, it will be unable to work with sprint or verizon since they are CDMA networks, and basically has the same market guild line as the original nexus one. But OMG I think I just had a nergasm from seeing that phone. Time to go dump my iphone 4 and get that when it comes out.

Ogediah
12-06-2010, 07:26 PM
There is a correction, it will be unable to work with sprint or verizon since they are CDMA networks
Post number one specifies GSM networks ;)