PDA

View Full Version : Why does my warrior die like it paper!?

Aith
03-09-2014, 10:14 AM

For skills I have maxed,horn,ww,jugg. Passive:str,and armor (although I see no improvement in my armor).
And yet I die when I have 5+ mobs on me.....

Aith
03-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Sorry for double img post, couldn't delete the other one

Spyce
03-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Find a better party!

Aith
03-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Find a better party!

I guess my expectations were too high seeing how I come from wow. Tanks in this game are only as good as the partys...sadness back to my Mage.

CrazyTank
03-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Actually you are not very bad. And your stats look good. Maybe you are doing something wrong with skills like Charging and using HoR and running into a group of mobs like that. Ask a pro warrior about the play style. You can also pm me in game. I m not very pro but I may help you to solve your problem :)

Aith
03-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Actually you are not very bad. And your stats look good. Maybe you are doing something wrong with skills like Charging and using HoR and running into a group of mobs like that. Ask a pro warrior about the play style. You can also pm me in game. I m not very pro but I may help you to solve your problem :)

So charging hor and running in is bad? I thought the heal + heal over time followed by a ww was a good start? Arg. I guess I need to do more research....

CrazyTank
03-09-2014, 10:39 AM
So charging hor and running in is bad? I thought the heal + heal over time followed by a ww was a good start? Arg. I guess I need to do more research....
Actually Using HoR and running into is not a good idea. By using HoR u get invincible sheild for 2 sec and heal over time. So u are at full hp and still uses HoR and run into a mob so u can ur healing is 0. The damage is absorbed by the heal over time. After that HoR will be in cool down. So u can't use heal when mobs are hitting you. Instead you can go into a mob fight with them and when your hp is falling, use HoR so you can sheild and heal and do more damage.
p.s: sorry for my English

Spyce
03-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Is your HoR 5v5?
You don't want the aggro upgrade until you're 35/36.

CrazyTank
03-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Yes. You can take out taunt from HoR and Juggernaut

Aith
03-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Why take out taunts? I want to be a warrior tank 100% I'll rely on party to do dmg

Nagin
03-09-2014, 11:52 AM
I know where u come from, tbh arcane legends classes doesn't makes sense to me.. Am also an elite wow player..

For example maxed out war has like 525 dmg and 2k armour ( 31 arcane weapon) with Very op skills

And maxed out mages have 615 dmg and 1.1k armour ( 36 arcane weapon) (-_-)

War should've been like 3k armour and 425 damage max

A mage has so much damage and most skills attract aggro and less armour -_- aoe+low armour never go well with each other!!!

Imo war shouldve been very high armour, less damage

Rogue maxed damage, less armour

And mage normal attack and normal armour -_-

Sorry for going off topic

Aith
03-09-2014, 12:08 PM
I know where u come from, tbh arcane legends classes doesn't makes sense to me.. Am also an elite wow player..

For example maxed out war has like 525 dmg and 2k armour ( 31 arcane weapon) with Very op skills

And maxed out mages have 615 dmg and 1.1k armour ( 36 arcane weapon) (-_-)

War should've been like 3k armour and 425 damage max

A mage has so much damage and most skills attract aggro and less armour -_- aoe+low armour never go well with each other!!!

Imo war shouldve been very high armour, less damage

Rogue maxed damage, less armour

And mage normal attack and normal armour -_-

Sorry for going off topic

No this is exactly what I mean, space time studios is trying to re write mmos, a tank is a tank that does little dmg but stands there and takes dmg and holds Argo, a Mage is a "glass cannon" and a rogue is someone who stands behind a target and rips there head off.

Hectororius
03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
So if I understand correctly you only have 3 skills? WM is great for grabbing aggro, but another way to keep mobs from doing damage is stunning them. Skyward Smash does this for you.

When I'm pure tanking my spec is ss/wm/jugg/hor. Save the horn for when u are around 35-50% life or see your party getting low on health Jugg can be used at the start of a clash to avoid being stunned/panicked and removing 20% damage, or if you like to live dangerous then when your HP falls below 25% (I consider this add-on a PvP spec, in pve you have pots, dont be shy with pots).

Also a good tanking weapon like the sword n boards or a blade that procs taunt (beheading blade and at 35/36 architect blade) are great. Mauls that proc stun are also good to use.

Tanking isn't for everyone but done properly and you'll be on everyone's friends list :)

Crowsfoot
03-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Why take out taunts? I want to be a warrior tank 100% I'll rely on party to do dmg
Gear is huge in this game, as well as pulls. A pro tank with a strong party will never die, just as a pro tank with top gear will rarely die.

Unless I am running elite shuyal or arena, I find dying difficult.

---

I will say, that if you are going full tank, you shouldn't use a devourer maul. A dimensional targe, or other sword and shield weapon will increase your armor.

Additionally, regarding skills, passive upgrades don't show up on your skills screen (unless they are increases to base stats) you must self calculate your true stats. Furthermore, I notices you only use 3 skills. I strongly suggest you add SS (a dash skill that does area damage and stuns) or CS (a short cool down skill that hits up to 3 targets, taunts, and applies feeble as well as disturbs a target's wind up phase).

---

If you have further questions you may friend request me in game. It is rare to find players who understand the proper role of a warrior in PvE in this game.

Aith
03-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Gear is huge in this game, as well as pulls. A pro tank with a strong party will never die, just as a pro tank with top gear will rarely die.

Unless I am running elite shuyal or arena, I find dying difficult.

---

I will say, that if you are going full tank, you shouldn't use a devourer maul. A dimensional targe, or other sword and shield weapon will increase your armor.

Additionally, regarding skills, passive upgrades don't show up on your skills screen (unless they are increases to base stats) you must self calculate your true stats. Furthermore, I notices you only use 3 skills. I strongly suggest you add SS (a dash skill that does area damage and stuns) or CS (a short cool down skill that hits up to 3 targets, taunts, and applies feeble as well as disturbs a target's wind up phase).

---

If you have further questions you may friend request me in game. It is rare to find players who understand the proper role of a warrior in PvE in this game.

I agree I need ss for the stun, thanks for the tips. All of my gaming life iv been a tank. 8 years of wow. And another 10 in the diablo series. I'll sry the new spec and see if I become more "tank like" in this game like I was in others. Thanks again.

supersyan
03-10-2014, 02:51 AM
Spam Hp and mana pots.

flluby2
03-10-2014, 03:46 AM
@Aith: Good to see you are tank-minded when playing warrior class. I enjoy playing the tank class and grabs aggro. One thing that I noticed, if you are using touchscreen, let go of the D-pad when potting. The system sometimes don't read my pot and movement pad at the same time.
Alternate jugg and horn. With constant potting, you will never die, well unless ur ping is bad...
Passive armor is rather useless at lower level. And at end level, I don't find it much helpful either. Better to put that in passive might/int/dex.

And check that the party u r in is not too high above yours. The mobs level will scale up according to those in your party. No point to tank for a lv35 party when u r lv25. Hope that helps :-)

Aith
03-10-2014, 11:36 AM
@Aith: Good to see you are tank-minded when playing warrior class. I enjoy playing the tank class and grabs aggro. One thing that I noticed, if you are using touchscreen, let go of the D-pad when potting. The system sometimes don't read my pot and movement pad at the same time.
Alternate jugg and horn. With constant potting, you will never die, well unless ur ping is bad...
Passive armor is rather useless at lower level. And at end level, I don't find it much helpful either. Better to put that in passive might/int/dex.

And check that the party u r in is not too high above yours. The mobs level will scale up according to those in your party. No point to tank for a lv35 party when u r lv25. Hope that helps :-)

Thanks for the tips.

One thing I noticed, everyone keeps saying SS is a "stun" but if you read the stun part of that skill, it only has 25% to trigger the stun, so I wounded is 25% better than nothing and I should still get it or is there a better tanking skill?
I read on throw axe, it has a pull + silence or stopping a channel skill. Not sure if the pull and silence works on bosses that would seem OP on boss fights, sorry I keep doing spin offs of main topic.

Aith
03-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Thanks flluby2, iv always had a mind set on playing tank or healer, which would be a cool new class AL could introduce a healer + aura or buff /debuff. So anyways back on topic.

A lot of you guys/gals keeping saying get ss it's a stun and does nice dmg, but when I read ss and the point you put in for the "stun" it reads that it's only 25% to trigger that stun.....I. Guess a chance of this trigger is better then no 4th skill at all.

I was reading on axe throw u can put sub points into a pull a tweet and chance to stuff , do these work on bosses!?

Chest splitter also stops targets "windups" which I understand to be a channel skill, does this also work on bosses?

Sorry for the spin off on main topic, thank you all for the tips they really help.

flluby2
03-10-2014, 02:11 PM
It's my pleasure Aith. Personally I don't use axe throw much, only tried it during respec so I can't say much about this. But it seems to be the standard skill for PvP. It hits only one and does feeble.

For PvE, definitely take Chest Splitter, I never knew I could have so much fun with it. It hits a max of 3 mobs in an arc and gets the enemies attention (!).
It does cancel some boss windups, like the spider boss, mother and antee. Some boss (I'ld say most bosses) the windup just didn't work. You have to move away from the red zone. The hauntlet last boss will still spit poison even with CS. The major plus of this skill is it does feeble, up to 3 enemies! In elite map if you target those archers and mages, you will ensure that they don't critical you and your party.

For Skyward Smash: practice your distance and charge smash it, it does stun rather often for me and hit wide if you really do charge smash from a distance. But for elite map, you won't have the chance to do much stun smashing... Windmill would be a better choice... Unless you could group the mobs neatly around you. Which I was still hoping to do :/
But if you do take smash, it's all about that stun skill upgrade.

Tendirin
03-10-2014, 03:19 PM
You probaly need to use a diffrent respec or something or just use armor that gives better armor instead of health or try dodge passives anyway, Best of luck!

Puntus
03-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Have a possibility u run in maps that you should have more level to not death , I mean for ex. when u enter in windmoore harbor and u re less than the lvl of map u can see and advertisment about map level , u saw this advertisment when you run in maps? Maybe its that your problem , if that is your problem , the solution its easy , you just have to level up to enter X map level required.

Crowsfoot
03-10-2014, 07:50 PM
You seem well knowledgeable at being a tank, with. Therefore I will give a brief overview of each skill in the hope that you will then be able to choose those best designed for your style of play.

Skyward Smash (SS):
-Only warrior dash skill
-Does area based damage (upgradeable)
-Can upgrade stun (best stun skill for warriors due to a short cool down)
-The mana return upgrade is considered worthless amongst most people

Chest Splitter (CS):
-Shortest cool down for any warrior skill
-Hits, and taunts, 3 targets
-Can be upgraded to apply feeble (those affected will not be able to land critical hits)
-Higher over time damage out than SS

Windmill (WM):
-Best taunt skill I'm game
-Over time damage
-Very high damage due to hitting many targets

Axe Throw (axe):
-Single target only
-this skill is very popular in PvP due to strong debuffs (feeble and -10% armor) and the ability to pull targets into mele range. However, it is very weak in Elite except at boss fights.

Juggernaut (jugg):
-You are almost immortal when this buff is active (with second wind upgrade).
-Weak, yet existent, taunt
-Longest cool down in game
-A must for any tank

Vengeful Blood (VB):
-Strongest buff skill of any class
-Returns mana as you take damage (return is based on enemy's level and damage dealt)
-adds: +50str (this includes a 500 HP self heal)
- +25% damage (this combos well with HoR since it is based on the user's damage)
- +25% critical chance (very power in PvP, not worth much in elite unless you go off-tank)

Rally Cry (RC):
-looks really good if you read it.
-I, and many others, consider it the worst warrior skill in the game.
-Its strongest feature is a buff in the party's movement speed and dodge (the dodge buff is minimal in practice).

Horn of Renewal (HoR):
-The healing skill. you obviously need it, so max this skill for PvE.

---

I personally use a 5 skill spec for PvE. This may be attractive to you once you start running elite. The skills I use are: HoR, VB, Jugg, WM, and SS. I switch out Jugg for SS at the boss fight to increase damage since mobs are the stronger parts of most maps. If you still die at the boss, keep Jugg mapped. The reason I use WM as my only attack skill is that VB has a very high damage buff which aids in keeping aggro (damage is a factor with keeping aggro in AL) and it buffs HoR.

Crowsfoot
03-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Thanks flluby2, iv always had a mind set on playing tank or healer, which would be a cool new class AL could introduce a healer + aura or buff /debuff. So anyways back on topic.

A lot of you guys/gals keeping saying get ss it's a stun and does nice dmg, but when I read ss and the point you put in for the "stun" it reads that it's only 25% to trigger that stun.....I. Guess a chance of this trigger is better then no 4th skill at all.

I was reading on axe throw u can put sub points into a pull a tweet and chance to stuff , do these work on bosses!?

Chest splitter also stops targets "windups" which I understand to be a channel skill, does this also work on bosses?

Sorry for the spin off on main topic, thank you all for the tips they really help.
Many bosses are immune to the stronger abilities. You can pull some, but not all bosses with axe just as you can block the wind up phase of some, but not all, bosses with CS.

CS is a strong skill in elite due to its taunt, low cool down, and feeble effect (those affected cannot crit temporarily).

Axe is generally unused do to its high number of points required to become powerful, and its down side of only being useful at the boss. Bosses are generally very weak in AL when compared to other games.

PS: I gree, AL need a paladin and/or healer class.

geromearchie
03-11-2014, 08:00 AM
bro just make a skill strategy

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Tapatalk

Veluthe
03-11-2014, 10:01 AM
based on your build I think you have too much aggro skills for your level. Your only dmging skill is ww. Soo I think you should drop the aggro on hor for now til later lvl or perhaps jugg and use ss instead. Then at later lvl you can incoporate aggro back into your build. Perhaps you are aggroing too many mobs for you to handle with hor or jugg and that is why you are dying. When using hor try to use it only when you are team members need heal or when a mob/boss is doing an attack with redzone. This way hor will protect you and party members from strong attacks with the 2 sec invunerability.

Aith
03-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Like your build crowsfoot, iv been using ss for the last few days, where it has a decent cd and good dmg, I'll try more of your spec but swap out the ss for chest splitter for the low cd,taunt, and feeble.

Veluthe as well as others, I under stand I will now have 4 taunt abilitys but that is my roll being a tank and nothing more (meat shield). this thread was to learn how to better survive while keeping Argo. Since. I started the post many people helped mold my new spec and stats. I'm now happier with my warrior as I don't die any more...

Crowsfoot
03-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Like your build crowsfoot, iv been using ss for the last few days, where it has a decent cd and good dmg, I'll try more of your spec but swap out the ss for chest splitter for the low cd,taunt, and feeble.
Do 3/5 CS if you go this route. The push back and explode upgrades are a waste of points.

In case I didn't mention, these are the identifiable factors in holding aggro in AL:

-taunting skills (duh)
-damage (this is different then many games)
-how close mobs are to you
-how long you have held there attention

If another character grabs the attention of a mob you had been keeping the attention of, you can usually regain the aggro by moving closer to that mob and attacking it. Obviously holding all mobs is impossible in AL.

Remember damage is a factor. I discovered this when a friend, using my spec was running with me and I held repeatably all the aggro. We assumed I was more used to my spec and continued on. However, while PvP speced I was still holding a significant amount of the aggro even though none of my skills had a taunt upgrade (again, running with the same friend who was using my PvE spec). I then realized he had been using SS instead of VB while killing mobs.

The heightened damage from VB allows me to steal aggro. Obviously you sacrifice stun/feeble/ another attack to do this but if you can, I would. HoR's heal is also based off damage, therefore using VB right before is a nice combo.

I will say, that I have met players who couldn't stay alive without CS. If you can survive without the feeble I would get SS instead. The dash of SS makes staying within the bosses mele range easier, which maintains aggro. The stun and low CD is also a plus. However, your spec is one I have used, and enjoyed, in the past.

Serancha
03-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I hate jugg for pve. Imo this is a pvp skill.

PvE warrior venge / horn / smash / chest splitter and at 31 when you head to nordr, add axe to swap with smash for bosses. This is a great aggro setup and will keep your team alive.

Crowsfoot
03-11-2014, 03:22 PM
I hate jugg for pve. Imo this is a pvp skill
I would have 100% agreed at the level31 cap. Two sets of two words changed my mind: elite shuyal, stun lock.

flluby2
03-11-2014, 10:04 PM
I would have 100% agreed at the level31 cap. Two sets of two words changed my mind: elite shuyal, stun lock.

Yeah. Unfortunately what works in the past level cap might not necessarily works that well anymore later.

Slagpan
05-05-2014, 03:33 AM
Dont upgrade fully heal. You see read the 3rd one.