PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for New PVP Game

Djinn80
12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I have a few suggestions to recommend here. First has anyone played Counter-Strike (mod for Half Life). Old game but still played today because it was just that cool.

Suggestion 1:

In CS there are "Rounds" and if its 3 vs 3 team A doesn't score until all players on team B are killed (and vice versa). When you die, you sit out and watch the fight until a team wins.

This would make it much more stratigic and less of a free-for-all and a lot more fun to play more group oriented.

Suggestion 2:

Same as above but add an element to make it alot more balanced/fun for all.

Here's how it would work: Instead of using your existing character and gear - use your selected char name and then have the game go in progressions.

You would first select your class and then update your skills/stats. Your gear will be auto assigned based on your stats to start. Then you fight... As you kill people you earn more gold.

At the end of each round, both teams are awarded gold. The winning team gets more gold than losing team.

After 2-3 rounds everyone would be bumped to level 15 to be able to buy lvl 15 gear to upgrade if desired and update their skills/attributes.

After 2-3 more rounds, you would be bumped to level 20 and be able to upgrade gear again with your gold and update their skills/attributes.

This would go all the way up to level 50.

In short, this would allow people the opportunity to taste the experience of the full spectrum of the game from all levels and classes. Each time you play a full game you select a different class and can spec it differently each time as desired. Gives you the "fun" of leveling and pvping all at once and doesn't require a huge time commitment to do.

Some people may get stuck on this - and others will explore pvp here and see what kind of character they would like to build next.

Overall - I think it would be a lot of fun for players, increase the base number of players and ultimately help STS make more money.

It could be setup in a CTF format where the first team to kill the other team, or capture the flag wins..

Does anyone else think this would be cool? I'd pay 20-30 platinum for it.

Djinn80
12-11-2010, 01:03 PM
No one thinks this is a neat idea lol?

Arterra
12-11-2010, 01:32 PM
DotA ftw. survival looks cool too tho...