PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been beat to death but...Pally ???'s

Zero_Faith
12-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I am kind of confused on this INT/STR mage build, I am lvl 27 and have tried both full INT and the INT/STR and INT/DEX and have seen too many misleading posts..

I want to play a mage that has good mana pool/mps and decent armor def as well....I just want to know should I wait until a certain level to go pally build or do it whenever and collect gear as i go. Do you just add str as needed and the rest in to int?

What are some pieces of gear to look out for on my way to 50, and what are the better/best skills to get. I want to be the most effective I can be and have no interest in flying to 50, just want to enjoy to climb...

If anyone can point me in the right direction and or help me out I would be grateful...can also look me up in game (zerofaith)

Lesrider
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Hmm personally, I enjoyed just being an int Mage all the way up through lvl 50. I only became a dual wield Mage/pally recently because others made it sound so much fun. And because bears are pretty scarce these days, so I wanted to be able to tank if necessary.

I don't know what the lower levels are like these days, whether mages have good survivability there. But if you're doing fines as a mage, I'd recommend sticking with it and deciding at lvl 50 if you want to respec. You do more damage as a full int Mage, and I think you'll enjoy it more while leveling up -- you clear mobs faster with int.

My opinion, though. I'm sure others might say go pally right away.

Greek
12-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Just like with alot of mmo's or rpg balanceing out a Caster so it can deal high damage and tank a decent amount is like a science. For Str/Int Build 126/127 worked for me. lvl 30-40 stuff works for buffing ur stats to wear the good armor like rift or cosmos. Str//Int is a good build if u want a decent mana pool and for farming too. Im going to assume the pinks for level 30-40 are high becuase of the stat boosting, im not sure tho >_<.

Im trying Str//Dex for Mage, where its 126/122 (becuase I have no use for Cosmos right now), it works good with the extra damage for pvp but for pve im takeing alot more mana pots T_T, i guess it depends where your going to play.

Zero_Faith
12-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Ya I tried the Dex/Str mage...mana drains sooo fast.

thanks for the info! Think I will stick to full Int until closer to 50 then decide what's best, but at the lower levels seems full Int is best for mana regen and no down time.

Ellyidol
12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
I'd still stick with pure int too.

The only huge benefit i see of a pally at 50 is oft because of the stats and bonuses it gives. I'm not sure with lower levels since i haven't been able to level up a character since rebalance, but i don't think you need to full on tank mobs pre ao3.

Varking
12-07-2010, 01:21 PM
You can become a beast Pally at level 30 with the Iceberg equipment.

Rusalio
12-07-2010, 02:17 PM
I'd say true Mage is best but did allocated about 50-70 to STR( cant remember ATM), cosmos and others will up it a bit.

juhnken773
12-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Even at 35. With copperhead set. It's funny to see me killing lvl 37-40 with just auto attack. Stacking crit of 230dmg