PDA

View Full Version : Weird shadow piercer action

stackz
03-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Have lvl 18 & 35 rogue with shadow piercer. Was doing hard daily companion canticles and at first scene where two guys pop out I always pass them and come back. Charged up piercer on 35 toon and I ran into the upper shore corner but both guys exploded. Tried it on my 18 rogue and same thing. So on my war and spec I tried it with whirlwind and sky smash and neither worked
I thought piercer only worked if u hit ur enemy thru. Not remotely lol.

Makes me wonder if in pvp this is why I take remote damage by rogues that hit walls and such instead of actually piercing me?

Anyone else notice this?

Uikuha
03-10-2014, 09:57 AM
u mean u hit 1 mob and u ran into corner? When u charged your piercer u will hit multiple targets. If there was only 1 target u will passed the target. Try with uncharged piercer, u will only hit 1 target

Sorry My English

stackz
03-10-2014, 10:48 AM
No. I never contacted either of them. I ran into a shore bumped above both of them to the point the upper guy was barely in my screen but they still both exploded. I bought maybe lag but if that is case you will pop up wherever u r supposed to be after spike is over... But I stayed up top... I summoned a pet and he went down there and picked up gold for me so I know I couldn't lag down there, kill them both and lag back up top of map lol

GoodSyntax
03-10-2014, 11:18 AM
The mob exploding thing seems to be an Overkill animation, where you do so much damage to them, that they explode.

Depending on whether you have the 3rd hit upgrade, you probably killed the first two and pierced up and out of the way because the other mobs hadn't spawned yet.

stackz
03-10-2014, 12:25 PM
All other mobs were gone. Just those two left and I do have all upgrades on it. That's why I'm confused as I should have shot to some random place but I never moved and never got close to them. Guess it's an anomaly oh well

osad
03-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Did it look like this

stackz
03-10-2014, 03:15 PM
That looks like a different skill but ya they blew up at a distance while I'm facing the rocks the whole time...I wasn't in the middle like u were

Uikuha
03-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Did it look like this

That was shadow storm shot not shadow piercer

Sorry My English

Uikuha
03-13-2014, 07:58 AM
The mob exploding thing seems to be an Overkill animation, where you do so much damage to them, that they explode.

Depending on whether you have the 3rd hit upgrade, you probably killed the first two and pierced up and out of the way because the other mobs hadn't spawned yet.

I think so

Sorry My English