PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else liking the new wands?

Aerospacegod
05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Mojo Wand and Darkbolt wand of wisdom are pretty good. What others have you found?

vdoggie
05-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Mojo Wand and Darkbolt wand of wisdom are pretty good. What others have you found?

do you have a pink mojo wand?

i have a mamboza's voodoo fire pin

sarenel
05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Ice wands, I think anyway

DandyValkAiz
05-14-2010, 04:23 PM
i like the Fire Pin, and Dreamers Mojo Wand :)

Royce
05-14-2010, 04:47 PM
The wands in the Ancient Swamps are awesome. I am very glad they decided to make them a more viable weapon choice. Previously wand and bracer was something you did to gain armor and possibly stat boosts at the cost of having essentially no standard attack at all. Now, with the new wands, you will still do reduced damage compared to a comparable staff, but not to the point of being completely ineffective.

Does anyone know the proc that the Mojo wands seem capable of producing? Is it the same as the nightmare effect some darkbolt wands can have?

Anyway, the Voodoo Fire Pin is the best of the bunch IMO. It does reduced damage compared to the Mojo wands, but you get 5 M/s!!! Combined with Mamboza's robe, you get 10 M/s from just 2 items. My mage now has 14 M/s and can unleash furious AoE and keep party members healed without constantly sucking down the blue juice. Switching to a different bracer would give me 15, but at a significant loss of armor, and 14 seems to be getting the job done nicely (not that I will stop looking for ways to get more regen) :)

BTW, we should have some stats in this thread:

Mamboza's Voodoo Fire Pin (Lvl 35, 112 Int)
53-67 Dmg, 2.1 Spd, 5 M/s

Mojo Wand of the Owl (Lvl 35, 108 Int)
61-77 Dmg, 2.1 Spd, 5 Int, 2% Crit, 3 H/s

Those two are amazing, as I am sure the pink Mojo must be also, but even the more standard swamp wands are a big improvement:

Student's Darkbolt Wand (Lvl 34, 105 Int)
60-76 Dmg, 2.2 Spd, 1 Dex, 1 Int

And for comparison, here is the very best wand I was able to find in the pre-swamp era:

Lighting Wand of Mastery (Lvl 30, 94 Int)
48-64 Dmg, 2.1 Spd, 7 Int, 2 H/s

Aerospacegod
05-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Dreamers Mojo Wand
61-77, 2.2, 7int, 3h/s, 2m/s

I also have the pin to have variety

Royce
05-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Awesome wand :) I am still hunting for one.

I also have the pin to have variety
Does this mean you prefer the Mojo to the Pin? If so, would you mind explaining why?

pbfreek
05-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Awesome wand :) I am still hunting for one.

Does this mean you prefer the Mojo to the Pin? If so, would you mind explaining why?The Mojo has more damage, int and H/s. All the pin has to compensate for is 3 more M/s, so it's understandable to like the Mojo wand.

Aerospacegod
05-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Does this mean you prefer the Mojo to the Pin? If so, would you mind explaining why?

To be honest I haven't ever used the pin, I respeced to use a bow out of boredom mostly. Haven't decided what I'll be for pvp yet but I like having the options already. Respec is bought for when I'm ready.

Here's how to decide...are you running out of mana or health more often? For me it depends on who I'm battling so I keep both. I use all my mana for damage so the health regen is nice.

Inching
05-16-2010, 07:50 PM
have yet to get any wand in swamps... sigh

anyone have an extra mamboza's voodoo fire pin for trade or anything..... or any pink wand for that matter??

Farming for a week and chalked up like 300 deaths and still no pink mage loot... sooooo sooooo lame and poooor pooor me.

Also, anyone know of a M/s cap any color if one exists or not??

Aerospacegod
05-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Yep it does

Royce
05-17-2010, 12:26 AM
The Mojo has more damage, int and H/s. All the pin has to compensate for is 3 more M/s, so it's understandable to like the Mojo wand.

I agree it's understandable to like it. It's a great wand. I guess it depends a lot on how you use your character, but when I see that trade off, the pin is the obvious choice for me.

Here's how to decide...are you running out of mana or health more often? For me it depends on who I'm battling so I keep both. I use all my mana for damage so the health regen is nice.

I use heal a lot, so health regen is of minor significance. A pure dark mage sounds cool, but how did you even manage to get it up to level? Mages who don't heal are usually booted quickly.

Yep it does

;)

Azrael
05-17-2010, 01:30 AM
mojo for pve, pin for pvp.

KingFu
05-17-2010, 02:44 AM
Mojo is good and darkbolts pretty nice I am waiting for level 35 to use my dreamers mojo!

pbfreek
05-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Wands got updated! I've got the purple mojo wand and pink fire pin, so I'll post up the new stats for comparison.

Mojo Wand of the Owl
68-84 Damage, 2.2 Speed, 5 Int, 2% Crit, 3 H/s

Mamboza's Voodoo Fire Pin
60-74 Damage, 2.1 Speed, 7 Int, 2% Crit, 5 M/s

Obliteration
05-18-2010, 01:12 AM
I like sparkly wands, bland wands make mr want to
kick. :)

Furrawn
05-18-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm playing now hoping for a fire pin find! I agree- I love the black stars coming off my mojo wand of the owl.