PDA

View Full Version : My pet experience as Warrior

Waheedski
03-10-2014, 08:31 PM
I had gribbit initially, then went for the shiny and bought Abbadon for 250 plats. I was getting beat up a lot by bosses like Bloodhammer, Frostir, Cap'n Bluecrab etc.. So I started reading this forum and googling what pets are best for warrior. I bought the following :-

Flapjack, Clyde, Kelvin, Deary and Loki.

For me Flapjack is pretty awful. I stopped levelling this stupid excuse of a bird (level 17). I read he was awesome against mobs and increases damage and wotnot. Well! All I ever found him to do is spin and wave his tail feathers in an arcane radius no bigger than an ants head, and then the mobs just laugh and tear into me!

I then looked into pets that could stop the boss attacks, major concensus was Clyde with his stun ability. I bought this guy for 90 plats I think. Yeah his stun is pretty good, works on the bosses and the stun radius is pretty large too. I like using Clyde on the bosses, gives the party some breathing space.

Kelvin was good too at stunning although his radius was smaller but his arcane ability re-generated faster than Clyde. I am sure his stun works against the bosses, I used him at Oltgars keep against that Yeti boss, I am sure he stunned the heck outta him and allowed sorcerers and rogues to do the damage, while I ran around like a headless chicken.

Someone mentioned on the interwebs that Deary was a stun troll, I bought him to stun the living hell outta Bloodhammer, it didn't happen, Deary was like too weak and got me slaughtered everytime!

I got Loki cos again enough people was raving about this pet, he is still on low level, so can't say much about him. Suppossed to be good against mobs and helps regen, time will tell.

Now back to Abbadon, he is good for tanking, his arcane ability radius is quite large, but seriously 250 plats! Not worth that much at all, I hope in the next expansion they do make him worth 250 plats, by simply allowing him to fart in the direction of elite bosses and knocking away half their energy.

Gribbit, I was being told he is best for warrior against bosses - 40% crit blah blah blah! I use him against bosses, I hit them, hardly do damage, they hit me and I respawn! Where the heck is that 40% crit !!!!!!

If you disagree or have better pet suggestions please comment, so that we can all learn from blindly buying pets and regretting them later.

P.S it's Ribbit not Gribbit *facepalm*

xcainnblecterx
03-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Snaggle tooth comes to mind right away. Ap deals decent damage to mobs but the stat boost is very helpful most of all. Malison of course too for obvious reasons but same only good for stats. I have a couple pets i found usefull on my warrio but cant member all of em right this minute

Waheedski
03-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Snaggle tooth comes to mind right away. Ap deals decent damage to mobs but the stat boost is very helpful most of all. Malison of course too for obvious reasons but same only good for stats. I have a couple pets i found usefull on my warrio but cant member all of em right this minute

Snaggletooth is next on my list. But with this expansion coming and perhaps new pets, I might wait.

xcainnblecterx
03-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Oh yea of you pvp might want that panther thing that clearcontrol effects
Cant member the name either but its plat only so shouldn't be hard.to find. As a warrior in pvp if you hit the first.group with your group and get stunned just pop her ap and should survive easy enough with skill of course. Also grants high hp but thats about all she's good for

bachhus
03-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Try prance has same passive as colton and try orion has stun chance reduce armor buff your damage and reduce there damage by 15%

Valkiryas
03-10-2014, 11:05 PM
"For me Flapjack is pretty awful. I stopped levelling this stupid excuse of a bird (level 17). I read he was awesome against mobs and increases damage and wotnot. Well! All I ever found him to do is spin and wave his tail feathers in an arcane radius no bigger than an ants head, and then the mobs just laugh and tear into me!"

Lmfao C'mon Jajaja that phrase make my day!

falmear
03-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Try valkin he's free.

Wutzgood
03-10-2014, 11:21 PM
I agree try prance. He works great with warriors.

utpal
03-10-2014, 11:40 PM
prance is best at boss fight due to its massive hp boost 350hp. (this is second hp giving pet.
first is singe.) also it gives armour +60 which is more good for tankers.

prance is most recommended.

snagg is for mobs only. it has 30%chance to freeze. so gather more mobs and spam his AA.
his CD is 6-8sec i think.

flapjack and loki are for low lvl rogues and high lvl rogues respectively.

clyde is for sorc so its useless for war.
and
there is a goat that gives +15 str and has high passive stun rate.

valkin is more like pvp pet.

conclusion:
prance and snaggletooth at end lvls.
prance for boss and snagg for mobs.

utpal
03-10-2014, 11:52 PM
Oh yea of you pvp might want that panther thing that clearcontrol effects
Cant member the name either but its plat only so shouldn't be hard.to find. As a warrior in pvp if you hit the first.group with your group and get stunned just pop her ap and should survive easy enough with skill of course. Also grants high hp but thats about all she's good for

misty? i dnt think its good for war. war has jugg skill that does same with misty AA.
CD is same too.
also prance gives +50hp more then misty.

utpal
03-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Try valkin he's free.

lol ya. bt ask kalizzaa to help kill inan. coz she can solo elite inan easily.

CrazyTank
03-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Firstly it's Ribbit not Gribbit. I can't believe you said ribbit is useless for warrior. It gives 25 strength. That means 250 health and more damage and more str stat. It's arcane ability is awesome. 40% critical hit is extremely useful unless you don't know how to use it. I use vengeful blood which gives 25% crit + ribbit AA gives me 70%+ critical hit. So SS and WM makes huge amount of damage at that time. And it's extremely useful for rogues and mages in your party. And also try Valkin for boss and prance for mobs. You can also try malison. Kelvin is only useful for boss who will one hit the party. Other than that it isn't much useful.

flluby2
03-11-2014, 12:11 AM
Hey Waheedski thanks for sharing your pet experience. It's fun to read. I lol'ed so hard at flap jack. Hilarious :-p

Lesmiserables
03-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Never fail to amuse me!! Rofl!!
I had gribbit initially, then went for the shiny and bought Abbadon for 250 plats. I was getting beat up a lot by bosses like Bloodhammer, Frostir, Cap'n Bluecrab etc.. So I started reading this forum and googling what pets are best for warrior. I bought the following :-

Flapjack, Clyde, Kelvin, Deary and Loki.

For me Flapjack is pretty awful. I stopped levelling this stupid excuse of a bird (level 17). I read he was awesome against mobs and increases damage and wotnot. Well! All I ever found him to do is spin and wave his tail feathers in an arcane radius no bigger than an ants head, and then the mobs just laugh and tear into me!

I then looked into pets that could stop the boss attacks, major concensus was Clyde with his stun ability. I bought this guy for 90 plats I think. Yeah his stun is pretty good, works on the bosses and the stun radius is pretty large too. I like using Clyde on the bosses, gives the party some breathing space.

Kelvin was good too at stunning although his radius was smaller but his arcane ability re-generated faster than Clyde. I am sure his stun works against the bosses, I used him at Oltgars keep against that Yeti boss, I am sure he stunned the heck outta him and allowed sorcerers and rogues to do the damage, while I ran around like a headless chicken.

Someone mentioned on the interwebs that Deary was a stun troll, I bought him to stun the living hell outta Bloodhammer, it didn't happen, Deary was like too weak and got me slaughtered everytime!

I got Loki cos again enough people was raving about this pet, he is still on low level, so can't say much about him. Suppossed to be good against mobs and helps regen, time will tell.

Now back to Abbadon, he is good for tanking, his arcane ability radius is quite large, but seriously 250 plats! Not worth that much at all, I hope in the next expansion they do make him worth 250 plats, by simply allowing him to fart in the direction of elite bosses and knocking away half their energy.

Gribbit, I was being told he is best for warrior against bosses - 40% crit blah blah blah! I use him against bosses, I hit them, hardly do damage, they hit me and I respawn! Where the heck is that 40% crit !!!!!!

If you disagree or have better pet suggestions please comment, so that we can all learn from blindly buying pets and regretting them later.

utpal
03-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Firstly it's Ribbit not Gribbit. I can't believe you said ribbit is useless for warrior. It gives 25 strength. That means 250 health and more damage and more str stat. It's arcane ability is awesome. 40% critical hit is extremely useful unless you don't know how to use it. I use vengeful blood which gives 25% crit + ribbit AA gives me 70%+ critical hit. So SS and WM makes huge amount of damage at that time. And it's extremely useful for rogues and mages in your party. And also try Valkin for boss and prance for mobs. You can also try malison. Kelvin is only useful for boss who will one hit the party. Other than that it isn't much useful.

umm y valkin for boss? y nt prance?
prance has constant +50hp more than valkin along with +60 armour. so u hav less chance to get 2shot.
valkin only has mp regen nd crit. with 300hp
prance AA is good as it reduces hit% of boss.
valkin good at easy elite boss. nvr use at bloodhammer, inan and grimnr

CrazyTank
03-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Valkin hits single target. So it's not recommended for mobs. It has a high chance to stun than prance so it's good against boss and also it has mana regain and 15 primary stat boost. Prance is used only for stats. It hits five targets and stuns them but its arcane ability is not that good, not much useful. It's just an opinion you can also use other pets. In most elites mobs are difficult than boss

Xeusx
03-11-2014, 01:51 AM
lmao, you said ribbit useless? its usefull for warr, mage, and rogue wtf
The crits is usefull for mage and rogue
The stats is usefull for warrior only..
Please edit your 1th post about "Gribbit" into Ribbit.

Xeusx
03-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Try prance, valkin...
Note: Deary is a arcane pet for newbie players.

Endkey
03-11-2014, 03:10 AM
ribbit loki and abbadon will work good as long as u know how to pve and which skills to use..

Waheedski
03-11-2014, 05:00 AM
Wow the replies are all awesomesauce.

Firstly me apologises for getting that damn frogs name wrong. Mine is called Gwibbit so Gwibbit plus Ribbit in confusion = Gribbit.

Last time I use the interwebs for finding a pet in AL! I shoulda asked you guys. Looks like Prance and Snaggletooth FTW.

I did say Ribbit is useless for me. I been told about his power but maybe I'm doing it all wrong. Everyone tells me use him against bosses, I do, and the bosses then just ridicule and abuse me! Please if you have a specific strategy when using Ribbit please discuss. This is the way I used him.....

I see the boss, and I'm like you B******! YOU ARE MINE!!!!!! I look at Ribbit he looks at me, I look at the mages and rogues and like LETS DO THIS! CHAAAAAAARGE!!!!!!!!! Mages and rogues doing their thing. While I'm going into the bosses face. I use vengeful blood then press Ribbits arcane, then seismic slam, then windmill, then look at the bosses energy bar and like 'HUH WOT!' I look at Ribbit and he's like spitting crappy balls at the Boss. I'm like Ribbit help where's the 40% crit damage! I start running and chopping, the Boss says 'B!tch please' and then slaps me to death and annihilates the mages and rogues. That's my experience with Ribbit.

Endkey
03-11-2014, 05:07 AM
First of all ur a tank...tanks never die first...and use ribbits buff before u charge ur skills...the buff gives u crit for 2-3 seconds and enuf for u to charge skill and hit...btw tanks do not kill...tanks protect rogues and mages in pve mostly...protect the rogues and mages with ur heal and ur heal should have the 3 second shield in it...rogues and mages die easily...tanks dont die..hope this helps

flluby2
03-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Lmao. You got a knack for storytelling Waheed. I have my share of unsatisfactory pet companions too...

I won't use ribbit for bosses unless it is one called for pure damage and with many minions around like Overgrowth. Otherwise for easy mobs, with windmill, hit ribbit arcane which lasts for a 3 sec flash. Should get a few Crits for your windmills. Then again with those crit hits it's nowhere near rogues and sorc normal attack. Ribbit is definitely not a tank pet. It is good for soloing easy map.

For tough bosses, bring on the stun pets. Valkin, slag, Orion, prance (not my fav)...
My motto is keep your party alive to stay alive! Find pets that buffs ur party or weakens the enemies.
Though tbh I much prefer dodge to armor or str.

I'm testing Colton, Mali, and Konga for now...

Waheedski
03-11-2014, 05:21 AM
First of all ur a tank...tanks never die first...and use ribbits buff before u charge ur skills...the buff gives u crit for 2-3 seconds and enuf for u to charge skill and hit...btw tanks do not kill...tanks protect rogues and mages in pve mostly...protect the rogues and mages with ur heal and ur heal should have the 3 second shield in it...rogues and mages die easily...tanks dont die..hope this helps

This is where I'm going wrong! I go in and try to kill everything! Go head on with the Bosses, so you saying like I should Arcane Ribbit then do my power moves and then heal the mages and rogues, repeat and rinse ? Ahhh this is the reason why some of them don't throw lifesavers cos I'm supposed to save their lives! I ask for lifesavers and they like 'u mad bro!'.

Tips and hints like this along with experience will help me last more than 2 seconds against a boss now lol.

Waheedski
03-11-2014, 05:24 AM
Lmao. You got a knack for storytelling Waheed. I have my share of unsatisfactory pet companions too...

I won't use ribbit for bosses unless it is one called for pure damage and with many minions around like Overgrowth. Otherwise for easy mobs, with windmill, hit ribbit arcane which lasts for a 3 sec flash. Should get a few Crits for your windmills. Then again with those crit hits it's nowhere near rogues and sorc normal attack. Ribbit is definitely not a tank pet. It is good for soloing easy map.

This was the impression, I was getting with Ribbit, I am not alone lol.

flluby2
03-11-2014, 05:27 AM
This is where I'm going wrong! I go in and try to kill everything! Go head on with the Bosses, so you saying like I should Arcane Ribbit then do my power moves and then heal the mages and rogues, repeat and rinse ? Ahhh this is the reason why some of them don't throw lifesavers cos I'm supposed to save their lives! I ask for lifesavers and they like 'u mad bro!'.

Tips and hints like this along with experience will help me last more than 2 seconds against a boss now lol.

Don't ask Mage for lifegiver, don't steal rogues health pack. You pot. You have no idea how much pots the other classes use. Mage spam health pots, rogue spam mana pots. And you will never get your aggro back with those Mage heal casting.

Waheedski
You guys say Valkin is free, perhaps a stupid question but where do I get it ?

Endkey

For tough bosses, bring on the stun pets. Valkin, slag, Orion, prance (not my fav)...
My motto is keep your party alive to stay alive! Find pets that buffs ur party or weakens the enemies.
Though tbh I much prefer dodge to armor or str.

I'm testing Colton, Mali, and Konga for now...

Ribbit helps alot in pve for 2 reasons
1. 25+ str for tank which is good
2. gives crit
Now this crit can be used by the tank too...but is usually for the rogues and mages to take advantage of..coordinate ur hits...the rogues should know that u are gnna use ribbit buff...and wen u do..then shud use aim shot..thats how it works best...stuns do not work much on bosses btw...they work on mobs

Endkey
03-11-2014, 05:29 AM

tanks are built to save others...they dont have high hp for nothin lol...u shud take the boss hits and save the rogues and mages

flluby2
Ribbit helps alot in pve for 2 reasons
1. 25+ str for tank which is good
2. gives crit
Now this crit can be used by the tank too...but is usually for the rogues and mages to take advantage of..coordinate ur hits...the rogues should know that u are gnna use ribbit buff...and wen u do..then shud use aim shot..thats how it works best...stuns do not work much on bosses btw...they work on mobs

Correct me if I'm wrong. Ribbit arcane ability crit only applies to the pet owner. Not allies buff.

Waheedski
Don't ask Mage for lifegiver, don't steal rogues health pack. You pot. You have no idea how much pots the other classes use. Mage spam health pots, rogue spam mana pots. And you will never get your aggro back with those Mage heal casting.

Great advice Flluby, thank you, I shall spam pot myself to death! Er to live sorry

Endkey
03-11-2014, 05:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong. Ribbit arcane ability crit only applies to the pet owner. Not allies buff.

ur wrong...all pets apply buff to u...how can ur teammates mana pets replenish ur mana in pvp and pve then?

Endkey
03-11-2014, 05:34 AM
You guys say Valkin is free, perhaps a stupid question but where do I get it ?

elite ina'hesh...kill the boss and u get it...its an ap pet

flluby2
03-11-2014, 05:35 AM
Are we talking about Ribbit arcane? Or Nexus arcane?

Endkey
03-11-2014, 05:36 AM
Are we talking about Ribbit arcane? Or Nexus arcane?

Just like nexus and valkin replenish u and ur allies' mana....rbbit gives crit buff to all ur allies

flluby2
03-11-2014, 05:43 AM
Lol yeah im wrong on ribbit. it buffs allies too! 0.o
Misleading description: "Player has 40% chance to crit for 3 seconds."
Thanks for the info Endkey.

Endkey
03-11-2014, 05:45 AM
Lol yeah im wrong on ribbit. it buffs allies too! 0.o
Misleading description: "Player has 40% chance to crit for 3 seconds."
Thanks for the info Endkey.

np...i was waiting for u to realize that part..haha

Xeusx
03-11-2014, 05:45 AM
Well...Im using Grimm, hes my main...
I tank like this:
First thing, I go to elite rock nest, just for farming, 2 rogue and 1 mage, firstly i activate my vb, then attack skills, if rogue or mage will die soon, i will heal them as soon as possible...i always repeat it when im farming..

utpal
03-11-2014, 12:10 PM
if u cant beat elite inan then ask kalizzaa.
ofc u will hav to use ribbit at boss fight.
nd u should be lvl36 with atleast 5.6k hp and 1800+ armour to beat elite inan.

Ihateppl
03-11-2014, 12:26 PM
i totally want a gribbit