View Full Version : How do you get drops?

TheLaw
12-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Alright, straight to the point, I dont know how you guys really do it, I've been farming, Farming & farmin for a decade and still got nothing useful. The only good drops i HAD was a Sunblessed Bow, Laser Wand and a Force Kite.

I've seen new players who just gotten to Level50, they add me, ask for my Set items, and you know what, I see them with those items the next day.

The only way I get the items I need is by Buying them. And also, Does Quests improve luck? Devs, please do confirm this.

j46g629h
12-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Quests do not improve luck

smoae
12-06-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't even farm ao3. I get plenty of cash by farming fathom and other low levels plus good deals in shop.

Arterra
12-06-2010, 11:31 PM
I farm ao3 but have long given up on expecting ANYTHING good to show up. Very meh about it.

TheLaw
12-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Quests do not improve luck

My luck is very bad then.

Edit: how do you explain how other people who have their Quests done getting drops then?

Zeus
12-06-2010, 11:35 PM
You go outside, run around screaming I LOVE POCKET LEGENDS and throw your idevice or android device in the air and catch it while you are boss farming. That sir, is how you get drops. Or that is my secret on how I got two vynxaar helms in 15 kills :0 along with a bunch of other wealthy items :0

Arterra
12-06-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that if you scream at the top of your lungs what drop you want, it will. Go on, try it.

Roguesw
12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
I think the more you farm, the better your chances are. I started farming really seriously about 3 weeks ago. I would farm for 15 hours on sat and 15 hours on sunday. On the weekday, because of work, I would farm for 2 hours at most.
I have managed to farm, quite a bit of equipment and selling it on the spot. I cant stand hording because the market fluctuates too much.
All told, I think I have done Victory close to 600 times. In all that time, my rares that i have managed to loot from Rift, Void and Cosmos
number in total about 30. So for me, the drop rate is about 1/200 which is close to the drop rates of most items.

giayuan
12-07-2010, 12:45 AM
sighs....i havent gotten ONE FIRCKING loot yet...all my gear i buy, which explains my 2mill to a mere 500k now :(
i was lucky back in ao2.....flashback.....WOHOOOO my third djinn wand!!!!.......YAY ZURAZ LANCE.....

maneut
12-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Alright, straight to the point, I dont know how you guys really do it, I've been farming, Farming & farmin for a decade and still got nothing useful. The only good drops i HAD was a Sunblessed Bow, Laser Wand and a Force Kite.

I've seen new players who just gotten to Level50, they add me, ask for my Set items, and you know what, I see them with those items the next day.

The only way I get the items I need is by Buying them. And also, Does Quests improve luck? Devs, please do confirm this.

There's no prove that doing quests improve luck.. But I do all of them anyways to be safe and I've gotten some decent drops many times :) Perhaps it's all in my head, I feel lucky therefore I am lucky :)

Anyways, no harm doing the quests and "improve" your luck right ;)?

Militaryman
12-07-2010, 01:31 AM
If u are low lvl in higher lvl place, u get better drops...

Riccits
12-07-2010, 02:53 AM
If u are low lvl in higher lvl place, u get better drops...

thats a pocket legend ;)

Riccits
12-07-2010, 02:56 AM
I don't even farm ao3. I get plenty of cash by farming fathom and other low levels plus good deals in shop.

i do it too, farmed yesterday frozen and swamps, got 10 pinks in total, naturally not worth 500k like some ao3-stuff, but still not bad and money for sure...

often i farmed ao3 for hours getting nothing...

BUT: when ao3 pinks would be easy to get, they would be worthless and evrybody runs around with it, game would loos exitement..

Htiek
12-07-2010, 03:02 AM
i am the lucky one, normally i at least get 1 good pinks per day from ao3
and my team mates often get 2-3 good pinks from my host lol

maneut
12-07-2010, 03:17 AM
i am the lucky one, normally i at least get 1 good pinks per day from ao3
and my team mates often get 2-3 good pinks from my host lol

Hehe, ya, RoyalPaladin is the luckiest host :) He brings luck to everyone! :)

Lesrider
12-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Omg not this again.

Please, for the love of god, stop spreading these rumors. I have enough trouble as it is convincing people THERE IS NO PATTERN without them coming on here and seeing 8 of these threads a day!

FluffNStuff
12-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that if you scream at the top of your lungs what drop you want, it will. Go on, try it.

Thanks a lot Arterra, I was just kicked out of the Starbucks AND I didn't get my WRAITTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Balonia
12-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks a lot Arterra, I was just kicked out of the Starbucks AND I didn't get my WRAITTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Lmao! and Les, you know that some of those are true..........stop trying to keep it all to yourself :)

Ellyidol
12-07-2010, 11:56 AM
IMO dont expect it. Farm with friends, strike up a fun conversation while doing level, and a rare will pop up.

I used to have a small thing for having all my skills on cool down when drops came. It worked a few times but after drops still came when all skills were ready, i just stopped.

Have to admit though, pre 1.5 I used to get a good premium rare every day or two, now iv gone a week without any.

Lesrider
12-07-2010, 12:01 PM
It's possible the devs changed the drop rate, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still just luck.
People are trying to find a pattern where there is none.

Perhaps we need a dev to come out once and for all and set it straight? Then I can just refer all these new threads to that quote and hopefully this nonsense will die out eventually.

FluffNStuff
12-07-2010, 12:09 PM
People looking for a pattern are either extremely naive or insane geniuses, since there is ALWAYS a pattern, and there is no such thing as RANDOM to a computer.

Lesrider
12-07-2010, 12:11 PM
People looking for a pattern are either extremely naive or insane geniuses, since there is ALWAYS a pattern, and there is no such thing as RANDOM to a computer.

Please explain?

maneut
12-07-2010, 12:12 PM
It's possible the devs changed the drop rate, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still just luck.
People are trying to find a pattern where there is none.

Perhaps we need a dev to come out once and for all and set it straight? Then I can just refer all these new threads to that quote and hopefully this nonsense will die out eventually.

That would kinda spoil the fun of legends and myths :)

Snakespeare
12-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Nothing affects the computerized pseudo-randomness except an elixir of luck, and all that does is give you a chance to re-roll for a better item.

One day I was in Frozen Nightmares and got 4 pinks in map 5. Slushie was there, he can verify, and three of the four were elite pinks. Meanwhile, in AO3 I have never had a good drop. Thank goodness I have friends or I wouldn't have any elite level 50 items. With 8 characters, not counting mules, I am spread too thin to earn enough to buy them. And with working overtime every week now, and being a Dad and Grandad, I just don't have the time to commit to multiple runs of VL.

I agree with Elly. Do it to have fun, expect low level drops, and maybe one day you will be pleasantly surprised.

The one thing I don't like when I do runs with farmers is the whining when a drop doesn't give pinks. Why add negativity? Aren't we all here to have fun? But I guess, for some, even for me sometimes, whining is part of the fun. Still, it drags me down. When I am with a group and the drop is all whites, and they just remake and go again, without whining, I want to stay with that group.

StompArtist
12-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Please explain?

Have a look at Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation ) for random generation of numbers and it gives out an idea of "random" for computers. In fact it's still pretty much impossible to affect the outcome one way or the other and even if you where some kind of genius who can predict the outcome of a drop it would be useless because you could not affect the result only know in advance what you would get... Egg and chicken kinda deal.

Lesrider
12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks Stomp. So it still all boils down to the fact that we can't change our rare loot chance. So I wish everyone would stop with the nonsense :)

Pharcyde
12-07-2010, 07:37 PM

Actually yes there is. Vectors. Can ignore ALL Computer actions other then the set action and reaction. Action = Boss hp is zero. Reaction = A set number of vars are randomly selected (Yes randomly....) and whatever is in the var is the drop you get. This is not the actual system that Pocket Legends used but the only way I could describe it. So all of this weird voodoo ritual OCD insane genius stuff being done inbetween is mere luck :D.

Seratonin
12-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Well, it's all random anyways, saw a level 24 get Keeper staff from one of my keeper runs, and the day before, I got my very own wraith void armor from Tpaxx in CA. Yesterday, first run he dropped void armor. day before, ran 20+ times and nothin. It's totally randomness. Out of about 175 Plasma Pyramid runs, only saw 5 pinks drop once, 4 about 10 times, 3 about 40, 2 about 60, 1 about 50 times, and none very little of the time. It's all random, the moreyou farm, the beter chances you have of getting items. Because if you don't ever farm for that item from the boss who drops the item your chances =0%. Any chance is better than no chance right? Or you can just farm gold and buy your stuff from the lucky people. That works too.

Balonia
12-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Actually yes there is. Vectors. Can ignore ALL Computer actions other then the set action and reaction. Action = Boss hp is zero. Reaction = A set number of vars are randomly selected (Yes randomly....) and whatever is in the var is the drop you get. This is not the actual system that Pocket Legends used but the only way I could describe it. So all of this weird voodoo ritual OCD insane genius stuff being done inbetween is mere luck :D.

Actually voodoo can control the computer randomness......

Lesrider
12-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Next up, "Balonia's Guide on Using Voodoo to Control Your Luck"

Ellyidol
12-07-2010, 09:18 PM
If you rename your character your first drop is a good pink.

(I want 10% of rename earnings now) :)

Zeus
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Elly... This is actually true, considering I got a wraith armor right after I renamed to apollosavian then renamed myself back to rangepwnsmeel. And the trick to getting good pink drops in ao3 is wearing swamp gear sets :0 Voodoo works the best. Lets see attempted farm runs now in swamp gear. haha

Fyrce
12-08-2010, 01:05 AM
No wonder range gets all the drops!

Ellyidol
12-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Elly... This is actually true, considering I got a wraith armor right after I renamed to apollosavian then renamed myself back to rangepwnsmeel. And the trick to getting good pink drops in ao3 is wearing swamp gear sets :0 Voodoo works the best. Lets see attempted farm runs now in swamp gear. haha

Don't listen to this! My rename post was completely sarcastic. Lol. Dont wanna be at the end of the "i renamed but no rare" sword. :p

TheLaw
12-08-2010, 02:20 AM
Considering these, my luck must be terrible, I've been into elite farming teams, seen premium pinks drop and what do ya know? I never get any ==

MoonYeol
12-25-2010, 04:34 AM
I'd say, if you want a steady income, farm gold. If you rather want a low income with the chance of getting some really expensive things like once a day if you're farming hardcore, do VL. If you're just going to farm for an hour, doing VL is like burning your money on lottery tickets. Not the ones where you win on 50% of the tickets. No, it's like trying to win a car.

TheLaw
12-25-2010, 04:46 AM
Ohh Hi. This thread was supposed to be dead. Anyways, gold isnt a problem for me anymore, I'm quitting soon :)

Sigkill
12-25-2010, 10:54 PM

Lmao i had to sig this

Phoenixking
02-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Time to dig up old threads.....yay digying

Ayrilana
02-22-2011, 10:30 PM

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/world-affairs-board-pub/17114d1257963711-necropost-warning-pinhead-necro2.jpg
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/9/667136d7-c258-4741-9ae0-c4190b27be21.jpg

KingFu
02-22-2011, 10:34 PM

You kind sir.......are rebellious.

Deathdemize
02-22-2011, 10:36 PM

Well here is the little secret >.> >.> i started mage and at lvl 25 started jumping into AO1 AO2 AO3 with my 3 other RL friends and now im almost 35 with a legendary for like every slot at 45 xD I R SET:P i do not recommend this because if its ur first toon it ruins the game and other peoples time
No one wants to cary a lvl 20 in a 55 place so find some RL friends and get to lvling! :D

Fyrce
02-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Here's another secret: I always spend time farming items I can actually use or can use soon. The result: very little spent on pots, elixirs and purchasing armors as most items are dropped for the mere investment of time.

Of course, use ares that drop appropriate items as a gauge for character development, such as playing style, skill usage and friend development.

RedRyder
02-23-2011, 01:02 AM

wow man super annoying, cut it out. you know that can lead to a forum ban right??

Htiek
02-23-2011, 01:26 AM
old post is so exciting