PDA

View Full Version : Ability to set text and overlay colors?

Lysdexic
12-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Hi, my name is Lysdexic and I'm addicted to Pocket Legends.

*other members* Hi Lysdexic *other members*

I have been clean for about 15 seconds...

*applause*

...Anyways

I'm wondering about making the text colors and map overlay colors something that can be user defined? I'm colorblind and have a really hard time with the orange and purple map lines, etc.

Other than that, PL is AWESOME.

Thanks!

smoae
12-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Ooh what's it like to be color blind?

Arterra
12-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Well the colors are there to make a difference between different kinds of occurrences, etc.

A set of different colorblindness options would be cool. And hey, maybe it will be better lol

jonboy
12-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Plus 100 to this

Lysdexic
12-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Ooh what's it like to be color blind?

There are different levels of colorblind, but I can easily give you an example:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm0urVE5Dpv4SUq512VJ0VvY2l0QgYO hbp855JygTpTUkCLLnrHQ

Most eye doctors have a book with these same types of patterns in them. The first pattern in the book is plain red dots on plain green dots and it shows the number 48. That's the only one I have ever gotten right in my entire life :p

It's not like I can't see some colors, but I have a very hard time with tints, shades and hues... especially depending on what the background to the color I'm focusing on is (hence why I'd like to change the orange and purple, because they blend very easily). I also have no idea what some color shades are, such as teal and maroon (they look just green and red to me).

Lysdexic
08-29-2011, 03:49 PM
I know I suggested this a long time ago, but please take another look at this since you've added chests/barrels to the overlay, it's much worse for me.

Wilddar
08-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Great Idea! +1! I think this would help a lot of people like yourself that are colorblind! :)

Zerious
08-30-2011, 11:30 AM
i'm partially colorblind... but it sounds like something the devs might not have too much trouble with... ya know... cuz they boss

Navygreen
08-30-2011, 12:18 PM
wow never thought about this. I support this suggestion :)