PDA

View Full Version : do enchantress use elixirs ?

random1102
12-07-2010, 09:18 AM
was wondering how to up my party effectiveness since nowadays i'm finding it kinda hard to outspam my mana-regen rate ( when not using staff) ....

and so .. are elixirs worth it ?
or is there a level where everyone is expected to pop elixirs in parties

they look really pricey though :(

Balonia
12-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Elixirs are super useful. It really isnt necessary in most settings though. Before the most recent boss nerfs, damage was necessary for keeper. The only one I can truly think of is warrior pot for Overlord. (That one is expected from most, but you can get away without it if you glitch). Because elixirs werent even around for most of my leveling, I can't really comment on levels except for 45-50. I obviously got away without them before that.

Tell us your level, it will help us help you better.

Lesrider
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
People only really use tank elixirs to fight the overlord in Ao3. Other than that, it's really up to you, if you want a little extra armor or damage. Attack elixirs do make the battles go considerably faster, but at a price. If you don't need them, I'd save your money for other things. Especially if you havent reached lvl 50 yet -- you'll need your gold there.

random1102
12-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Tell us your level, it will help us help you better.

lvl 40 now , running mostly alien oasis 1
guess i can save on the pots for now and prepare for whatever money sink that's coming @ 50 :D

Balonia
12-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I cant imagine ever using any in ao1. If people do, its because they arent the right level. No one should demand that you need any elixir here.

As far as party effectiveness, spam heal is great. Are you using combos? If not, totally a way to impact play, and truthfully ao1 can be a bit boring. I think it has something to do with all the dang walking. Mage effectiveness really comes in to play in Trials, so save your gold.

Ellyidol
12-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Only elixirs i advice you to use pre 50 are exp ones. I don't think you should bother with armor and damage ones since a good complete group would still out damage and tank you with elixirs on.

jellix
12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
yeah of if u want to power level for a cheap price save all your money and buy xp pots the cheap ones 1.5k isnt to much and if u have a good group and can run ao2 fast then you get loads of xp im talking about 1-50 in a week thats what i did only downside is if u die or leave the map you lose them also if your going for a special drop invest some money in a lucky elixir i have dropped about 500k of items from those lucky elixars and i never ever farm =D

Rusalio
12-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Different take here.... fully equipped cosmos and keeper, we use DMG and armor pot for running A03(2 or more mages) or DMG to run a02 leveling ppl. OH the speed!!!!! so much fun!

namehere
12-12-2010, 12:46 PM
im lvl 47 trying to get to lvl 48 using elixrs helpful but hits my gold hard lol

ECHUSER
12-13-2010, 11:07 AM
yeah of if u want to power level for a cheap price save all your money and buy xp pots the cheap ones 1.5k isnt to much and if u have a good group and can run ao2 fast then you get loads of xp im talking about 1-50 in a week thats what i did only downside is if u die or leave the map you lose them also if your going for a special drop invest some money in a lucky elixir i have dropped about 500k of items from those lucky elixars and i never ever farm =D

would you mind elaborating on the lucky elixars? if i use it before a boss my chance of getting a better drop once the boss is dead increases by 35% (3000 gold) or 25% (1500 gold)? it only works for 1 drop or for the entire board? thanks

KingFu
12-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Honestly. I don't see the point in using elixirs until AO3. Especially considering no more rushing. Unless you want to level up quickly by using xp pots, I wouldn't, most people don't use them on those stages. Save it for ao3 when you really gotta spend a while leveling with backbreaking work :D

Seratonin
12-13-2010, 11:12 AM
People only really use tank elixirs to fight the overlord in Ao3. Other than that, it's really up to you, if you want a little extra armor or damage. Attack elixirs do make the battles go considerably faster, but at a price. If you don't need them, I'd save your money for other things. Especially if you havent reached lvl 50 yet -- you'll need your gold there.

I am so poor, I don't think you need that much gold at level 50, been running VLaps so much, I don't have money except liquidating trash drops, and buying def pots lol, sometimes I don't even have enough for def pots.