PDA

View Full Version : Can Some explain this...

BeefyMeat
12-07-2010, 10:11 AM
So, the last two times I've tried to make Captive Audience runs for gold farming, both groups kicked me because I did not use an attack pot. Now, I understand why people would like to use it seeing it speeds things up, but to deem it necessary is ridiculous.

Here's my reasoning: If I am on a gold run, as I imagine the rest of the group was seeing they were all lvl 50, why would I want to cut into profits for something that will help, but as someone in my party found out, can be gone in a matter of a couple hits.

Are people that arrogant that they feel making demands of people will help make them infinitely richer faster...or are they too stupid to do basic math? I don't want this to come off like I think I'm better than anyone playing, but I just find it amazing that basic math escapes people.

FluffNStuff
12-07-2010, 10:27 AM
So, the last two times I've tried to make Captive Audience runs for gold farming, both groups kicked me because I did not use an attack pot. Now, I understand why people would like to use it seeing it speeds things up, but to deem it necessary is ridiculous.

Here's my reasoning: If I am on a gold run, as I imagine the rest of the group was seeing they were all lvl 50, why would I want to cut into profits for something that will help, but as someone in my party found out, can be gone in a matter of a couple hits.

Are people that arrogant that they feel making demands of people will help make them infinitely richer faster...or are they too stupid to do basic math? I don't want this to come off like I think I'm better than anyone playing, but I just find it amazing that basic math escapes people.

Couple things. First if you made the game, how can you get kicked? Second, 'Gold farming' in Captive Audience has nothing to do with the gold or green drops from the mobs but the chance to get a Wraith armor and sell it for 500K (equivalent to 250 2K runs of Crush The Keeper). So the reason for the pots is that by doing it quicker, you increase the number of chances you get.
So, to answer, if you are mob gold farming, go to Crush the Keeper.
If you want to Wraith farm in Captive Audience, make your own game so you don't feel forced to pot.

Lesrider
12-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Sorry, but I don't think more level 50s are there for gold runs. They're there to kill Tpaxx as fast as possible, to farm Wraith. If one person decided to pot, thats up to him. But if the entire party has agreed to pot up, everyone should. If you don't like it, you could join another game. Not trying to be mean, but you did join someone else's game, so play it their way or leave.

Riccits
12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
when the host want dmg pot of all ppl to do a fast run its ok, they who dont want to get a pot should leave.. make ur own host, so u can make ur own rules...
its not nice when 4 use pot for beeing and 1 not..

gold u will retrieve from a loot... in ao3 u wont make real money since the gold nerf... better play somewhere else to farm gold...

like in VL the host says wich stages he want to join, when i dont agree i leave... i hate when ppl give advices in my games..

Snakespeare
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I can explain it, but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

First, other people are not farming gold. If you want to farm gold, there are better maps for that. The devs nerfed the gold drop rate in AO3 to curb inflation (I guess). Look for other threads on gold farming, if that is what you seek.

The gp drops are doodly squat, maybe you get 1-2K, which is JUST ENOUGH to cover the cost of the elixir. From that point of view you break even... BUT ...

T'Paxx the Excutioner drops the most valuable items in the game. You can sell some of his drops for up to 1M gp. That is why the players who are farming him have no problem taking damage elixirs for 1500 gp each. Multiply 1500 by 20 runs and it costs 30K. This is called taking a risk. If, after 20 runs you still don't have anything you can sell for 30K, keep going. Surely by the end of 40 runs you should get something you can sell for a huge profit, from 4 to 10 times the amount you spent.

So, 1.) you are gold farming in the wrong place and 2.) you are running with people who have different motives.

Like I say, search for other, very informative threads, if you are truly gold farming. I like to gold farm in AO1, locked with a password, solo. I run all five levels in sequence. Since they fixed the last level, it is almost like a new experience. I recommend it.

Riccits
12-07-2010, 10:53 AM
bah..did 100 captive runs, smelled lots of wraiths and OLs but got nothling LOL

Ellyidol
12-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Have to agree with replies. If you join a pot agreed party its either you join em or leave.

Personally i pot up every captive just to speed up as much as I can, even though the others don't, always something I love to see when they do. And it sort of makes it fair if everyone pots up and you don't, they do that to speed up to boss, and you get the rare.

Snakespeare
12-07-2010, 11:43 AM
I admit, I have never had a good drop from him yet, either. I have probably done about 50 runs. It shouldn't be called farming, it should be called fishing, and I haven't even gotten a nibble.

But the case remains, the OP should not be gold farming in Captive Audience. He should be doing AO1 solo if he wants gold.

Akaee
12-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Well just met the party an got kicked, no problem, but kick reason pot without asking me first if i want t use à pot too feels à bit quickly decided.

Lesrider
12-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Well just met the party an got kicked, no problem, but kick reason pot without asking me first if i want t use à pot too feels à bit quickly decided.

Did they give you time to pot up? Or you're upset that they didn't ask your opinion? I didn't really understand your post.

Akaee
12-07-2010, 12:29 PM
No they didnt, party ran to the mob and i got kicked reason pot. Noone had told/asked it was the intention to use pots. I am not upset in anyway but it would have been nice if i had à chance to realize it and decide for myself instead of this poof back to town action.

Lesrider
12-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah I agree, that wasn't the way to do it. Ah well, now you know to avoid that party (or at least that host).

Fyrce
12-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah, they should have told you. It wouldn't have cost them anything to spend 10 seconds to do that.

Generally I pot or not depending on what group wants. And if it looks like a tank/lead person is spending a lot on pots, I will ask if he needs gold or wants others to help. Pretty much all of them refuse me, but early on in AO3, when gold was flying out the door, there were a few poor tanks and it seemed fair to contribute. It's all fake anyways; just a means to play a better game. Amazingly enough, no one asked for a lot. There are lots of nice people out there. Sometimes you have to turn over lots of rocks though to find them. LOL.