PDA

View Full Version : Error on Dragon's Breath Wand of Fatality Stats

Remiem
03-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Hi Everyone. A few people have been noticing something about the stats on the Sorcerer staff "Dragon's Breath Wand of Fatality" that can be purchased with Dragon's Teeth from Kaden. The DPS is EXTREMELY impressive. A little too impressive for a legendary weapon.

We apologize, but this was due to a calculation error on our part. Here's the deal:

When DPS is displayed for an item, it is a calculation based on a number of things such as damage, procs, etc. With this particular staff, the DPS equation was adding together the damage, plus a proc that heals the player and does additional damage. It wasn't taking into consideration that the chance for a proc is pretty low, so it displayed one giant set of damage that was not, indeed, an accurate calculation of the staff's actual DPS.

We won't be making any changes to the staff itself, but we will be updating the numbers so that it displays an accurate estimate of its DPS. This will be what the staff looks like once it is updated:

zilicious
03-13-2014, 06:24 PM
LoL,bad news for mages -_-

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Int
03-13-2014, 06:25 PM
No more 800 damage lol, now it's gonna be like any other weapon

Cero
03-13-2014, 08:01 PM
That hurts:/
Was happy to see that we don't need an arcane weapon.
Anyways thanks.

Goodbye to this awesome stats

Impact
03-13-2014, 08:10 PM
And you call rogues op? 0.0

Mortalninja
03-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Super Dps.. :P

Xeusx
03-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Lmao ahahahha xD
btw, im not on expansion yet, because im busy :P

Energizeric
03-14-2014, 12:00 AM
It still looks like a pretty good weapon. :)

Zylx
03-14-2014, 12:16 AM
I wonder if anyone tried selling these for big gold...

PS: Holy cow, you need to clean your inventory!

Robhawk
03-14-2014, 04:46 AM
The look of the staff is quite ugly imho. ;)

Sceazikua
03-14-2014, 07:03 AM
your ign is chea ;)

Joncheese
03-14-2014, 07:39 AM
The look of the staff is quite ugly imho. ;)

Different coloured captains staff? Lots of design thought i see.

Sorcerie
03-14-2014, 07:45 AM
And all the incentive to buy this wand just went right out the window!~

Nagin
03-14-2014, 07:51 AM
Yo staff looks gay -_- just recoloured captain staff wtf devs why u do this to mages? I mean rogue ones looks so badass... Just bcoz we are unisex, doesnt mean we deserve this kinda treatment @_@

Robhawk
03-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Different coloured captains staff? Lots of design thought i see.

I just dont understand why the good items often look so crappy... the best items also should look the best! Have a look at the architect pylon at 36 lvlcap - this thing is one ugly too!

Deadroth
03-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Yo staff looks gay -_- just recoloured captain staff wtf devs why u do this to mages? I mean rogue ones looks so badass... Just bcoz we are unisex, doesnt mean we deserve this kinda treatment @_@

Fully agree with that.. Make something creative lol..

scarysmerf
03-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Aww i saw the stats and was saving to buy one ill just wait till they sell super cheap in cs

Carapace
03-14-2014, 11:19 AM
your ign is chea ;)

This is on my local development server, but nice try ;)

sunny2306
03-14-2014, 08:13 PM
After the fix the weapon is even weaker than a Lvl 36 legendary..I lost all my interest in dragon enclave after the weapon fix. Sts should have considered if the price of this weapon was worth hunting approx 300-500 most powerful bosses of the game.. I'll rather buy a better yet way cheaper legendary gun from the cs.

jb57542
03-14-2014, 08:35 PM
After the fix the weapon is even weaker than a Lvl 36 legendary..I lost all my interest in dragon enclave after the weapon fix. Sts should have considered if the price of this weapon was worth hunting approx 300-500 most powerful bosses of the game.. I'll rather buy a better yet way cheaper legendary gun from the cs.

I agree expediton guns from crates are way more powerful even at lvl 36.

Frohnatur
03-14-2014, 09:40 PM
You guys weren't seriously believing this was real, were you? I mean the stats overpower the arcane staff. This would make ALL MYTHIC AND ARCANE weapons obsolete. Where is the logic in that?

Energizeric
03-15-2014, 12:59 AM
I agree expediton guns from crates are way more powerful even at lvl 36.

Yeah, I'm currently using a level 36 expedition rifle, and when I try equipping the level 41 Dragon's Breath Wand of Fatality, I lose 14.7 damage and 91 health (the two most important stats in determining if you win a battle).

I agree that the previous stats were way OP, but now I think it is too weak. Who is going to farm 200-300 bosses to get 125 dragkin teeth to then spend it on this crappy weapon. I think there should be some nice middle ground here. I don't believe this weapon should be as good as mythic or arcane weapons, but it should at least be among the best legendary weapons, if not the best of them. As seeing that a level 36 crate weapon that I'm using has better stats, this is obviously not a serious weapon and just meant for show.

Energizeric
03-15-2014, 01:01 AM
You guys weren't seriously believing this was real, were you? I mean the stats overpower the arcane staff. This would make ALL MYTHIC AND ARCANE weapons obsolete. Where is the logic in that?

Yeah, obviously the original stats were not proper, but now it has gone too far the other way. It needs to be somewhere in the middle. I think everyone can agree that this weapon should be at least as good as the best level 41 legendary weapons (and same goes for the rogue and warrior weapons sold by the vendor.... Perhaps they all need a nice buff)

Nagin
03-15-2014, 02:24 AM
U guys know my frnd farmed like 12 hrs for dragon teeth to craft his shard into ring, how many teeths he got? 2!!!

Devs plz explain why will any1 work so hard like 100 hrs+ to get a recoloured ( captain staff) gay looking, noob stats staff... Its total BS

Atleast make it better than lvl 36 crate gear -_- pffft...

VanRah
03-15-2014, 03:31 AM
U guys know my frnd farmed like 12 hrs for dragon teeth to craft his shard into ring, how many teeths he got? 2!!!

Devs plz explain why will any1 work so hard like 100 hrs+ to get a recoloured ( captain staff) gay looking, noob stats staff... Its total BS

Atleast make it better than lvl 36 crate gear -_- pffft...

How do the teeths look like when dropped on the ground? I still can't find any...

Nagin
03-15-2014, 07:24 AM
How do the teeths look like when dropped on the ground? I still can't find any...

Idk just shows 'you recieved:dragon teeth' in green.... Haven't seen it on ground

Energizeric
03-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Your pet picks them up and the notification does NOT appear in the regular chat text like other drops. However, if you look in the part of your inventory where story tokens and hauntlet tokens are, the dragkin teeth are listed there. I didn't even realize that I had 3 of them until I looked there. So they are very easy to miss.

dontorro
03-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Then I feel like i dont have any option for a weapon in this expansion yet. Level 40 now, and i'm still using my lvl 36 Architect Pylon though..

Anarchist
03-16-2014, 06:53 AM
I am still confused on what gear to buy and stick with..the entire game right now is confusing.

As for the crappy staff i will reserve further judgement and conclusion till elite mode kicks in.

But there is one obvious thing this weapon is just a potencial vanity for the future thats all.

Lovingly
03-16-2014, 06:58 AM
Waste

Sceazikua
03-16-2014, 07:00 AM
guys give them time :) we dont work on the weekends, neither do the dev team :) Thats the reason why they didnt release the expansion on friday :)

Omisace
03-16-2014, 07:24 AM
Sigh...the staff is now weaker than a 36 exped rifle. Is it a vanity weapon? Absolutely not. If I ever see someone using one id think "you spent 125 dragkin teeth on THAT?!". Why would anyone pay for crap. Do you pay for crap in real life?

thuruka
03-16-2014, 10:56 AM
lol this bug could also be the warior

Nagin
03-16-2014, 11:05 AM
They should definitely buff it up as am elite legendary wand bcoz of its cost i.e 125 dragon teeth... Or try betters add some other kind of wand... After capping literally i have nothing to do in this game

1) no elites..
2) i dont pvp..
3) wand sucks so it destroys the purpose of farming teeths for me.. And obviously i wont be getting ring so recipie doesn't matterd

I've never been so bored in al, ever...

Energizeric
03-16-2014, 01:11 PM
If everyone keeps posting suggesting that they buff the stats on these weapons, then they will. They tend to listen to the players when there is agreement that everyone wants something. It will just take a few days most likely.

will0
03-16-2014, 06:39 PM
They won't.. Mage is just a support character, same as Kershal nothing was done to the "charge" attack (taking long time to charge and gives low damage) and uncharge skill with chance to process mana buff is a joke to mages.

Energizeric
03-16-2014, 09:28 PM
They won't.. Mage is just a support character, same as Kershal nothing was done to the "charge" attack (taking long time to charge and gives low damage) and uncharge skill with chance to process mana buff is a joke to mages.

The kershal is a deadly weapon and I watch mages destroy entire parties with that weapon. So IDK if it needed a buff. Mages at level 36 had 600+ damage with that weapon. The best rogues and warriors could do was way lower than that.

Frekken
03-16-2014, 11:39 PM
So, it's not the time to spend on nothing?? Just that horde of 10k lockes?

Anarchist
03-17-2014, 01:56 AM

Don't worry you won't be discriminated because you are a mage.
If they buff the teeth's weapons then they will eventually buff it for all classes.

vfreakhun
03-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Back to Dragkin teeth.
It IS in the ground, looks like in stachel, but pet gets it fast.
I have seen it once clearly.
BTW I have 13 teeth, so it is not obvious if you got or not.

Back to use of these teeth.
I hope that will be more to buy.
Examples:
- new vanities,
- banner,
- pets.

This 4 items is just not enough for a new type of "money".
It is the intro, there will be more.

will0
03-17-2014, 09:51 PM
The kershal is a deadly weapon and I watch mages destroy entire parties with that weapon. So IDK if it needed a buff. Mages at level 36 had 600+ damage with that weapon. The best rogues and warriors could do was way lower than that.

it is good with PVE skill damage not Charge damage ... not for PVP still squish like an ant to kill a good legendary geared warrior

phillyr
03-17-2014, 11:05 PM
Dont be hatin...we cant have us mages be a threat to anybody in pvp

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
03-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Give me a kershal and I'll be a threat. ;)

phillyr
03-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Till maul or glaive or daggers show up. Rogues arent as much of a threat as warriors this seadon but bot classes FAR outshine the "arcane" weapon for what is still the weakest class in AL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Kaziscate
04-03-2016, 11:24 AM
And 2 years later, the Dragon Hunter Staff suffers from the same issue. ;)

Mel030
04-03-2016, 03:18 PM
And 2 years later, the Dragon Hunter Staff suffers from the same issue. ;)
And 2years later this thread is still up -.-

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

Pingmill
04-05-2016, 02:07 AM
[QUOTE=zilicious;1520506]LoL,bad news for mages -_-

Not really because no one ever used that staff much :)