View Full Version : Dragkin Teeth -- lots of fun for a long time!

Energizeric
03-14-2014, 03:06 AM
Thanks STS!

I've been asking for a really hard quest for some time, and it looks like you finally delivered. For those of us who played Pocket Legends, it appears that we now have our Ichor Quest. :)

I fought about a dozen bosses tonight, and came away with 3 dragkin teeth. So to get 150, we are probably looking at beating 500 bosses. To buy that staff would probably take about 300-400 bosses. So imagine what those items are going to sell for.

Now the pro farmers have something to work for.

falmear
03-14-2014, 03:20 AM
I just hope the drop rate in elite is a bit better. Because I don't farm normal maps, and if the drop in elite is the same as normal its going to take a lot longer. Right now its the only thing to farm and I guess once elites are released I'll probably have enough teeth for the recipe. I probably won't waste my time farming teeth to buy the staff unless its selling for a lot. I really don't care about "vanity" weapons.

Energizeric
03-14-2014, 03:30 AM
The drop rate will be higher for elite bosses -- it was posted earlier today in one of the announcement threads.

KingMartin
03-14-2014, 03:49 AM
In any case it seems that us farmers have long term goals - yay! :)

I ran like a madman yesterday to cap up fast and so I did not check the new gear much. I only hope the stats of the new gear will justify reasonable prices, that are acceptable for both farmers and the market.

I think elite bosses should have drop probability like 30% (the easiest one) to 100% (the toughest one). Just thinking.

Limsi
03-14-2014, 04:15 AM
Finally! Can't wait for the elites to be made available.

dantus
03-14-2014, 05:13 AM
I'm curious to find out how the 41 elite set compares to current mythics.

uunknownn
03-14-2014, 06:14 AM
question please sts.if we purchase the recipe for arcane ring is it tradeable??coz we the hardcor pve for sure looking for it.

Roberto077
03-14-2014, 06:50 AM
I'm curious to find out how the 41 elite set compares to current mythics.

Well, the legendary staff has like +100 dps on the Arcane staff, sooooooo op

Sceazikua
03-14-2014, 07:02 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?142499-Error-on-Dragon-s-Breath-Wand-of-Fatality-Stats

Rare
03-14-2014, 07:46 AM
These are a lot more rare than ichor, but will be interesting nonetheless.

stackz
03-14-2014, 09:21 AM
I just like how the normal bosses drop teeth makes people want to help others having issues beating a boss. You help a bro out and possibly get teeth too

flluby2
03-14-2014, 09:28 AM
I just like how the normal bosses drop teeth makes people want to help others having issues beating a boss. You help a bro out and possibly get teeth too

That is probably the best thing about dragon teeth. It sucks that you always get nothing helping people on normal map. And there is just endless toons going to have to clear normal map.

flluby2
03-14-2014, 09:30 AM
These are a lot more rare than ichor, but will be interesting nonetheless.

Ichor... I think I'm short of 30 when the event ended. Grahhh...

keikali
03-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Agreed. This is pretty good. I hope they implement MORE items to be bought with Dragkin Teeth.

I manage to grab ONE yesterday from a boss.

I'm sure the drop rate is much higher in Elite Bosses.

Carapace
03-14-2014, 03:41 PM
We do plan to introduce new/more items to purchase for Dragkin Teeth, yes

xcainnblecterx
03-14-2014, 04:14 PM
I honestly hope the gear you buy with teeth will be better then elite drops. For simple reason that people who cant gear up to run elites will be able to sell em for a decent price to get money for gear to farm elites. If elite gear is better i see teeth only being used for the recipe and the rest of the items will become null and uselss *cough hauntlet token gear cough*

warriorbender
03-14-2014, 07:13 PM
i killed 100 times that new bosses and still 0 teeth. whats im doing wrong :S
the game dont give any info and its bad

uunknownn
03-14-2014, 07:28 PM
yeah please make an item that w orth for us to hunt teeth since the recipe for arcane ring is not tradeable :-[

utpal
03-14-2014, 11:09 PM

Coooool. I m will grind 2x now.
Hope these gear will hold good for
Elite runs
Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

utpal
03-14-2014, 11:10 PM
yeah please make an item that w orth for us to hunt teeth since the recipe for arcane ring is not tradeable :-[

Patience bro

utpal
03-14-2014, 11:12 PM

I dnt believe. U hav killed like 5-6 i think. I hav helped many guildies to help through bosses especially alargan and rendtail. Those 2 bosses hav high chance to drop teeth i think.

Energizeric
03-15-2014, 12:53 AM

I bet you got some and don't even know it. Apparently it doesn't show up in the chat text like regular drops and just flashes on the screen fast. I didn't think I had any either, and then when I looked I had 3. Look on the page where it shows story tokens and hauntlet tokens, and they will be listed there. They are not regular inventory items.

Energizeric
03-15-2014, 12:54 AM
I honestly hope the gear you buy with teeth will be better then elite drops. For simple reason that people who cant gear up to run elites will be able to sell em for a decent price to get money for gear to farm elites. If elite gear is better i see teeth only being used for the recipe and the rest of the items will become null and uselss *cough hauntlet token gear cough*

I agree.

Unfortunately I checked the updated stats today on the sorcerer staff sold by the vendor, and I'm sorry to say that it's not good at all. My level 36 expedition rifle gives me more damage than this level 41 staff. I can't imagine anyone spending 125 dragkin teeth on that. I think these weapons really need a bit of a boost. They should be at least as good as the elite weapons that will drop from the elite bosses. Remember how hard it is to get 125 dragkins teeth. Common STS.....think about it...

drgrimmy
03-15-2014, 11:04 AM
I agree.

Unfortunately I checked the updated stats today on the sorcerer staff sold by the vendor, and I'm sorry to say that it's not good at all. My level 36 expedition rifle gives me more damage than this level 41 staff. I can't imagine anyone spending 125 dragkin teeth on that. I think these weapons really need a bit of a boost. They should be at least as good as the elite weapons that will drop from the elite bosses. Remember how hard it is to get 125 dragkins teeth. Common STS.....think about it...

I would have to agree. At least make this gear equivalent to elite legendary gear of the same level. Otherwise these items become vanity gear that no one will really bother to work towards. I know I may loose interest in farming for teeth if there is no good reward, considering that it may take 50 hours or so of farming to get 150 teeth. Depending on bow much shards end up costing (I heard the first one went for 30 mil and 50 mil), because the recipe is not tradable, I may end up grinding for a recipe that I will never be able to use because I cannot afford the shard to make the ring. Please make farming for these teeth worthwhile to someone who cannot spend 10-20 mil plus on an arcane shard, or else people, including myself, will quickly lose interest in and stop farming for teeth.

VanRah
03-16-2014, 04:36 AM

If so shouldn't the drop rate of the teeth be increased?

Bless
03-16-2014, 04:47 AM
Yep! Lots of fun for a long time!

Maybe too long of a time!

Slappityslap
03-16-2014, 06:53 AM
It will get to a point where people feel bored to run the same map again and again. Lets think that you get a tooth in every 5 runs so it makes (with my bad math) 750 runs to get 150 teeth. I agree it shouldn't be too easy but it shouldnt be too hard either. 750 runs sounds......ridicilous.

Bless
03-16-2014, 08:20 AM
It will get to a point where people feel bored to run the same map again and again. Lets think that you get a tooth in every 5 runs so it makes (with my bad math) 750 runs to get 150 teeth. I agree it shouldn't be too easy but it shouldnt be too hard either. 750 runs sounds......ridicilous. Running 750 normal maps is nothing near elite, its just boring. I would rather do a hard boss (like elite without the elite mobs) than 5 normal bosses to get a guaranteed drop.