PDA

View Full Version : New Daggers?

Serancha
03-14-2014, 12:09 PM
I was finally able to find one set of new daggers - I don't know where they dropped - whether from crate or chest. These may not be the top-of-the-line Jungle Cutters, but that's all there is. I have been looking for any new blades since expansion came out yesterday. At the moment there are 46 bows listed and only 1 set of daggers. Is there an issue with the drop rate of daggers from crates? We should be seeing plenty by now.

I am curious if these stats are a mistake, or what's going on. I have a number of legendary players in my guild, and if this is the quality of what they are offered at level 40 it is very concerning, especially when compared to the "worst" legendaries of last season. I understand about the staggered gear release and all, but the players do need something to work with.

Level 36 Crate Daggers:

Level 40 Daggers:

The new Dragonbone Daggers are better, but only slightly above the level 36 Architect Quills, stat wise, which is not really appropriate considering the amount of farming needed to obtain a set.

Xenobiotic
03-14-2014, 12:31 PM
I don't understand, do you wan't Jungle Cutters to be buffed or Dragonbone to be buffed?

Jexetta
03-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Serancha,

I've seen some of those floating around as well - I'm guessing those come from the golden dragon chests. I think most rogues comparing the stats of arch quills vs the teeth bought daggers are underwhelmed. In the history of things the gear purchased from vendors has always been extremely poor, just look at any of the gear purchased with hauntlet coins or story token coins. Regardless I'm sure there will be minor adjustments to everything soon enough, just look at the mage staff that obviously needs adjusting.

Instanthumor
03-14-2014, 12:59 PM
It's of the Lethality type. Lethalitys are almost always bad... Try looking for another type.

GoodSyntax
03-14-2014, 01:06 PM
The new gear is decidedly underwhelming, especially considering this is supposed to be the best end-game gear currently available. Most people (myself included) will continue running with lv36 gear.

I suspect that as soon as the excitement of the new gear fades, these items will become worthless, albeit rare, junk that no one will use or be interested in buying at auction.

MoloToha
03-14-2014, 01:34 PM
I think they should cost 20 teeth or so.

falmear
03-14-2014, 01:35 PM
You'll have to wait for elite to be brought back. The best legendary only drops from bosses. Any legendary weapon or armor comes out of chests worse then what drops from elite bosses with the exception of amulets and rings.

Xenobiotic
03-14-2014, 01:42 PM
You'll have to wait for elite to be brought back. The best legendary only drops from bosses. Any legendary weapon or armor comes out of chests worse then what drops from elite bosses with the exception of amulets and rings.

Correct, compare L16 Agile Ranger set (Purple) and L16 Legendary gear that drops from normal bosses, you'll see that difference.

Serancha
03-14-2014, 03:09 PM
The main thing that concerns me is that there are no daggers coming from crates. Only bows. Delphina made a point of showing off the new daggers and their fiery proc at the end of last season, so where are they? They were dropping before the expansion, but none now. I am asking for the devs to answer if they took out those cute little fiery things for a reason, or if it's a mistake that they are not showing up.

I have Razorbacks, I am not worried about me, but it seems wrong that these terrible Jungle Cutters are apparently all there is for 90% of the rogues until elites come. I am not expecting the starter daggers to be the level of quills, but they should be better than the Level 36 Dimensional Daggers, which were the starter daggers last season.

GoodSyntax
03-14-2014, 03:14 PM
True, but historically, crate gear has been serviceable and typically the second best gear (aside from arcane/mythic) available in the season.

Based on what I have seen, the lv40/41 crate gear isn't all that great (with the exception of the Expedition Recurve of Brutality, which provides a nice bump in DMG), so even if the elite legendaries are marginally better, they still won't be all that impressive. I am concerned that elite runs with be lethal for all but the best parties until the next wave of gear becomes available. I mean, good for me, since I will farm elites the moment they become available, but for the masses, it will be a tough go.

Serancha
03-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Exactly. There's no level 40/41 blades, so if rogues want to play the new elite, they have to use either a bow or level 36 daggers until they manage to loot some from the new elite zones in 2+ weeks time.

There has always been useable gear in crates for this purpose - it's not the best, and it shouldn't be, but it is serviceable and it floods out through the CS so the players have weapons their own level to start the season on.

Carapace
03-14-2014, 03:45 PM
There will be new 40/41 daggers in the Elite maps coming soon!

Serancha
03-14-2014, 03:52 PM
I expect they'll be worth a lot on the market when they're found, in that case. Interesting change, thanks Carapace.

GoodSyntax
03-14-2014, 07:21 PM
There will be new 40/41 daggers in the Elite maps coming soon!

Would you mind letting us know which boss will drop them so I can get to work refining my strategy?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk