PDA

View Full Version : Grany's gift

juhnken773
12-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Alright, ima use the PL community as a helper. :) getting personal but it adds to the "off-topic"

So, it's my grandmas birthday tomorrow. Who knew. I found out quite late and couldnt buy her a gift. So I need to make something from scrap in everyday home appliance.

Ima a horrible grandson. :( and if it was like any other birthday, celebrating at home witha cute cake; I could get away with it.
But my caring mother planned a party at a hotel, so I can't go empty handed.

I want to see the creativeness of the minds here.

Thanks y'all

TheLaw
12-08-2010, 12:39 AM
WHat does you Grandma like? :P

juhnken773
12-08-2010, 12:43 AM
I can't say confidently.
But she likes flowers :) plants in general.

XmageZz
12-08-2010, 12:44 AM
My grandma loves candles :) I would get her a giftcard to like kohls or any other store that sells clothes.

giayuan
12-08-2010, 12:46 AM
how old r u? just drive out to get sumtin....
if yah cant, maybe.....a lanyard? lolz too small...
hmmm
OH I KNOW
get a pot with dirt in it and a few seeds
tell her it will be a surprise to see what grows out and you choose the seed

juhnken773
12-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Haha my grandma loves candles to but we are full of it.

I would drive out but no stores are open at this time lol.
But a brilliant idea giayuan.
Hmm how about something corny, but cute? Grandparents like that, no? Especially from grandchildren

Lesrider
12-08-2010, 01:06 AM
The most important gift for a grandma is a gushy card. I've gotten away with so many birthdays just giving a card and maybe some flowers. Yeah, I'm terrible, i know. But she usually loves it. Has to be gushy!

juhnken773
12-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Lol! Les, I love it. Gushy. Sounds easy enuf. And maybe a couple of tickets to "free, give James an order" card.

Inching
12-08-2010, 01:11 AM
go scan a picture of you and your grandma and run to the corner store to get it laminated.. the picture should be wallet size. If you don’t then just laminate a normal size picture and put it in a hand made bday card.. the bday card will take u 5 mins making out of paper.

Tell you grandma to keep the photo on her at all times as she will know that you will love her forever and ever.

jonboy
12-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Get yourself over to instructables and look up making cards

juhnken773
12-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Lol truth is, I'm not the type to be all dramatic about things. And we arnt THAT mushy. She likes the older one more lol. It's a Korean thing

Bigsleazy
12-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Food. Make her food.

Or maybe that only works in Italian families?

Inching
12-08-2010, 03:27 AM
jsut call out in the middle of the party "Happy Birthday Grandma, I love You" and give he a big kiss. make sure everyone is watching and she will feel really special even if you are the black sheep.

giayuan
12-08-2010, 11:15 PM
so watcha end up doing?

Zeus
12-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Get her an Iphone, Actually scratch that, I gifted my grandma an Iphone 4 and she spent like 2 weeks repeatedly calling me how to make a call, dl apps and whatnot. Plus the screen was too small for her eyes. So go with an Ipad or if she is the adventurous type, take her rock climbing or white water rafting. Yes, I did both with my grandma.

juhnken773
12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Get her an Iphone, Actually scratch that, I gifted my grandma an Iphone 4 and she spent like 2 weeks repeatedly calling me how to make a call, dl apps and whatnot. Plus the screen was too small for her eyes. So go with an Ipad or if she is the adventurous type, take her rock climbing or white water rafting. Yes, I did both with my grandma.

Lol that is halarious and cute.

Well I ended up writing her a mushy letter.
Also di some crafts and made a permit. A permit to command me to do chores around the house. Cuz that's all she does as a daily basis.

She LOVED it.