PDA

View Full Version : !must read!

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 07:25 AM
Hey guys lately I have been thinking heaps about how merching in pocket legends has become such a huge thing.

2 years ago there would have been 1-2 merchants in each balefort now there are easily 10-20 this makes merching a lot harder as if one person offers a price the next guy along will offer 3k more and then next guy 3k more and just carries on. So I have decided to come up with a new concept.

I have come up with a "loaning system" this will work by me "loaning money" I set a loaning price on a item through private chat and we both agree on the terms and conditions I then ask does the "player" agree to the stipulated price and time to pay back the loan I then screen shot this message proving any accusations of me "scamming" as the player agreed to this.

IF THE LOAN IS NOT PAYED BACK BY THE TIME SET I then sell the item for my desired price. I will also keep a written record of the player loaning the time of loan the item loaned and when it is due to be payed.

I am not doing this to scam I am thinking of new ways to play pocket legends and to help others and myself out I think this is a good new way.

let me know what u all think :)

Powerleval, domimation

Zapder
03-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Than might as well make a new section in the forums for loaning scams.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 07:33 AM
Than might as well make a new section in the forums for loaning scams.

I'm not scamming tho if the player agrees to a amount of cash so I loan money I hold item if they don't pay back then they don't get item back I'll screen shot as proof that they agree

NotYoCookiez
03-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Everyone doesn't play this game as much as you probably.

They could just get a loan and quit especially if they are new.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 07:37 AM
I won't loan every single item but id say from lv50+ like shadow items and stuff like that just to help people through

Cahaun
03-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Loaning mechanics will just lead to more scamming... nothing really more on this except that you are putting a lot of trust that any person who withdraws a loan will pay it all back on time.

Question for thought: Once the loaning period is over, and the debt due, what do you propose to happen to the person who hasn't returned the item loaned?

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Well yeah if they don't repay it I sell it

The Happiness
03-16-2014, 07:52 AM
It's a novel idea and perhaps a good one in an ideal world but realistically PL isn't an ideal world. You cannot call in a team of lawyers to check out who agreed to what and when. I personally think you'll leave yourself open to abuse and even if it is acceptable under TOS (which I very much doubt) it seems that the devs will be the ones having to smooth things over if they go wrong. I think they have enough to do at the moment without this and I'm sure you really don't want the hassle of repayment avoiding and debt collection. But it's just my opinion.

Cahaun
03-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Well yeah if they don't repay it I sell it
How would you sell it if you don't have it? If you loan people the items, you won't have the items on you to sell them.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 07:55 AM
It's a novel idea and perhaps a good one in an ideal world but realistically PL isn't an ideal world. You cannot call in a team of lawyers to check out who agreed to what and when. I personally think you'll leave yourself open to abuse and even if it is acceptable under TOS (which I very much doubt) it seems that the devs will be the ones having to smooth things over if they go wrong. I think they have enough to do at the moment without this and I'm sure you really don't want the hassle of repayment avoiding and debt collection. But it's just my opinion.

U are very right idk just popped in my head so I decided to put on forums and see what people think about it but if people agree to this they should also stick to it if it is a agreement then that is what happens no ifs buts maybes that's was was dealed unless people sook or try say was a scam all coz they couldn't follow through on their end of the deal

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 07:57 AM
How would you sell it if you don't have it? If you loan people the items, you won't have the items on you to sell them.

Re read the topic I loan "cash" for their items I then hold their items for a period of time untill they pay back and then give item back if they don't repay loan by set time I sell the item they loaned

Extreme
03-16-2014, 08:04 AM

This is exactly what I thought. Xpower, you doing this will just cause more scamming around PL, maybe some you could trust but not all are trustworthy. Also, people could be banned without you knowing and you'll also assume that as scam which will be a huge misunderstanding. Just my 2 cents.

MightyMicah
03-16-2014, 08:05 AM
I have come up with a "loaning system" this will work by me "loaning money" I set a loaning price on a item through private chat and we both agree on the terms and conditions I then ask does the "player" agree to the stipulated price and time to pay back the loan I then screen shot this message proving any accusations of me "scamming" as the player agreed to this.

Pay attention to this part guys.

What he's suggesting is a temporary "sell." For exmaple, I give him my void armor, and he gives me an agreed price. (Probably about 100k since that's the value of the item.) Then I can use the 100k for a period of time until I'm supposed to return the money, at which point I give him the money back and he gives me the void armor. If I can't return the money, he keeps the void armor. No "scamming" can occur.

What I think (If I'm not mistaken) he's trying to do is not scam people out of their money, but simply raise his business. If he's the one performing all of these loans, I imagine he'll get a lot of business aside from loans as well. Also, I imagine he will settle a price 10-15k cheaper than the price of the item. That way, if they don't return the money (and someone borrowing gold for any reason likely won't get it back in time) he makes a little profit.

Personally, I don't think it's such a terrible idea. I wouldn't do it, though, simply because I'm not a fan of loans even in real life.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Pay attention to this part guys.

What he's suggesting is a temporary "sell." For exmaple, I give him my void armor, and he gives me an agreed price. (Probably about 100k since that's the value of the item.) Then I can use the 100k for a period of time until I'm supposed to return the money, at which point I give him the money back and he gives me the void armor. If I can't return the money, he keeps the void armor. No "scamming" can occur.

What I think (If I'm not mistaken) he's trying to do is not scam people out of their money, but simply raise his business. If he's the one performing all of these loans, I imagine he'll get a lot of business aside from loans as well. Also, I imagine he will settle a price 10-15k cheaper than the price of the item. That way, if they don't return the money (and someone borrowing gold for any reason likely won't get it back in time) he makes a little profit.

Personally, I don't think it's such a terrible idea. I wouldn't do it, though, simply because I'm not a fan of loans even in real life.

U got it exactly

largecommand
03-16-2014, 08:11 AM
I like it.

For those who didn't understand him.

He determines what a item is worth. I.e

I have a swift armor. I need quick gold to buy a fiery set. I talk to him, he determines the worth of swift armor is 3.1m, I give him armor, he gives me gold. I have to pay him back 3.1m for my armor back. If I dont he can sell the armor.

Its almost fool proof. Expect YOUR the one deciding the items worth. You can also scam us. Not that im saying there's no credibility behind you, but it seems like you can merch off of us.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 08:13 AM
I like it.

For those who didn't understand him.

He determines what a item is worth. I.e

I have a swift armor. I need quick gold to buy a fiery set. I talk to him, he determines the worth of swift armor is 3.1m, I give him armor, he gives me gold. I have to pay him back 3.1m for my armor back. If I dont he can sell the armor.

Its almost fool proof. Expect YOUR the one deciding the items worth. You can also scam us. Not that im saying there's no credibility behind you, but it seems like you can merch off of us.

Well yes and no by me scamming but Iv got to allow for cs to go up and down plus the standard price so if I offer fairly fair price I don't see what's wrong with this and I can see it working well

Oldcoot
03-16-2014, 08:31 AM
I owe enough in RL . I don't need or want to worry about my savage set getting repoed

dudetus
03-16-2014, 08:32 AM
I failed to see the 'must read' part of this thread.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 08:32 AM
I owe enough in RL . I don't need or want to worry about my savage set getting repoed

Lol

snowfu
03-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Hey guys lately I have been thinking heaps about how merching in pocket legends has become such a huge thing.

2 years ago there would have been 1-2 merchants in each balefort now there are easily 10-20 this makes merching a lot harder as if one person offers a price the next guy along will offer 3k more and then next guy 3k more and just carries on. So I have decided to come up with a new concept.

IF THE LOAN IS NOT PAYED BACK BY THE TIME SET I then sell the item for my desired price. I will also keep a written record of the player loaning the time of loan the item loaned and when it is due to be payed.

I am not doing this to scam I am thinking of new ways to play pocket legends and to help others and myself out I think this is a good new way.

let me know what u all think :)

Powerleval, domimation

So let me get this straight.
You are going to loan us money, and in a given time slot, we have to give you the same amount of money?
I think items also.
EXAMPLE- You loan me 80k. I buy something in CS or on the street that costs 80k.
But what now?
We cannot get you the loan back in a day. It takes me a month to farm 40k at least (noob farmer :P) I don't really want to say go for it...
Still, be careful. It's like that oatmeal cookie I had last week. I ended up eating 13 that day, so don't go overboard like I did (I didn't actually do that, but one can see my point)...

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 08:42 AM
So let me get this straight.
You are going to loan us money, and in a given time slot, we have to give you the same amount of money?
I think items also.
EXAMPLE- You loan me 80k. I buy something in CS or on the street that costs 80k.
But what now?
We cannot get you the loan back in a day. It takes me a month to farm 40k at least (noob farmer :P) I don't really want to say go for it...

I loan cash for a item lest say 150k cs price I'll judge cs price standard price merch prices and also inflation and deflation then give u a "reasonable price" then let's say I give 1-2weeks maybe I loan u 120k for a 150k cs item and say u have 1-2 weeks if u didn't pay back within this time I then sell ur item for what ever price I want :) make sense?

Suentous PO
03-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Good ingenuity (or you watch too much "pawn stars"), but it won't be sanctioned.
Your terms and agreement do not fit in a trade window, therefore are null.
I would assume that after the first transaction stg would consider that a sale of items for money, and they would not waste time to sort out any other disagreements afterwords.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Good ingenuity (or you watch too much "pawn stars"), but it won't be sanctioned.
Your terms and agreement do not fit in a trade window, therefore are null.
I would assume that after the first transaction stg would consider that a sale of items for money, and they would not waste time to sort out any other disagreements afterwords.

Yeah the only problem will be people trying to change deal after it's made or missing payment and trying to get a item that's gone

Promagin
03-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Or, in the trade box there could be a loan button where you decide how long you want to loan them an item, and they decide on a price to pay. So say you want to loan a savage set out for 3 hours and you want them to pay 100k, after the trade is completed there is a timer counting down, after the 3 hours is up the savage set is returned to the owner and the 100k is still with the owner of the savage set. I pretty much based this off the loan system in the game Runescape.

Battlegrinder
03-16-2014, 06:22 PM
I've tried to set up a banking service run out of my guild, but there are several glaring issues that lead me to abandon the project.
1. There's no way to advertise it.
2. A not insignificant number of players don't seem to understand the concept of a loan or interest.
3. There's no way to use collateral to secure the loan, since anyone who has an item valuable enough to use for collateral could just sell it and get the money they need.
4. There's not enough trust on either end to have a stable banking system.
5. If a player wants a loan to fund the purchase of a high level item, they stand a good chance of obtaining one as they grind the cash needed to repay the loan.

ToastyLord
03-16-2014, 06:41 PM
This is a terrible idea (don't wanna hate but...) so many scammers could easily scam, just make a random account, scam big bucks, transfer money to main, there you go, loads of scammers around-scammer city.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Or, in the trade box there could be a loan button where you decide how long you want to loan them an item, and they decide on a price to pay. So say you want to loan a savage set out for 3 hours and you want them to pay 100k, after the trade is completed there is a timer counting down, after the 3 hours is up the savage set is returned to the owner and the 100k is still with the owner of the savage set. I pretty much based this off the loan system in the game Runescape.

I've tried to set up a banking service run out of my guild, but there are several glaring issues that lead me to abandon the project.
1. There's no way to advertise it.
2. A not insignificant number of players don't seem to understand the concept of a loan or interest.
3. There's no way to use collateral to secure the loan, since anyone who has an item valuable enough to use for collateral could just sell it and get the money they need.
4. There's not enough trust on either end to have a stable banking system.
5. If a player wants a loan to fund the purchase of a high level item, they stand a good chance of obtaining one as they grind the cash needed to repay the loan.

Yes and no if there is a screen shot made of the agreement then that's what they agreed and I'm not playing pl to scam coz I don't see the point in it my goal is to become well known for loans and have a rep that can be trusted the biggest problem will be people trying to say that that had another day or they want extensions ONCE the deal is made for a set time and PRICE THAT IS IT

Suentous PO
03-16-2014, 07:17 PM
What do you do the first time someone says to you - someone pawned my set to you without my permission.
I wouldn't expect support to go back through days of chat between two other toons.

Another problem real pawn shops have, that they are a great place to sell stollen goods.

Schnitzel
03-16-2014, 07:22 PM
i dunno..i say no to this suggestion. sorry..

I keep feeling that this scenario may happen:

A: loan me 100k
B: ok but give me an item worth 100k, so if u don't pay back, i can sell this and get my 100k back

-This is where the outcome may branch in 2 directions-

Scenario 1:
B: Where's my 100k?
A: don't have it..
B: ok then i will sell your item
A: *to everyone* Player B is a scammer! he took my item, Report him!!!

Scenario 2:
By the time player A leaves and never returns the money, Player B tries to sell the item, the price of the item already went down..

You can set up a loan system if you want to, but only loan to people you can trust. and not just any player in game thats asking you for a loan.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 07:23 PM
What do you do the first time someone says to you - someone pawned my set to you without my permission.
I wouldn't expect support to go back through days of chat between two other toons.

Another problem real pawn shops have, that they are a great place to sell stollen goods.

A) why would they have someone's acc details= ban?

B) if they pawn someone else's set why would the other person lend the set in the first place.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 07:25 PM
i dunno..i say no to this suggestion. sorry..

I keep feeling that this scenario may happen:

A: loan me 100k
B: ok but give me an item worth 100k, so if u don't pay back, i can sell this and get my 100k back

-This is where the outcome may branch in 2 directions-

Scenario 1:
B: Where's my 100k?
A: don't have it..
B: ok then i will sell your item
A: *to everyone* Player B is a scammer! he took my item, Report him!!!

Scenario 2:
By the time player A leaves and never returns the money, Player B tries to sell the item, the price of the item already went down..

You can set up a loan system if you want to, but only loan to people you can trust. and not just any player in game thats asking you for a loan.

Yeah I do see ur point "immature players" having sook coz they can't follow the agreement that they agreed to -./

Suentous PO
03-16-2014, 08:04 PM
A) why would they have someone's acc details= ban?

B) if they pawn someone else's set why would the other person lend the set in the first place.

A: your right it shouldn't happen but does. I brought that up because I've seen numerous "I've been banned" threads where ppl say stuff like- I didn't give him my info I had acc saved to phone and he took my phone w/o permission.

B: people lend sets ( I don't anymore). It's not smart but happens a lot.
When someone pawns you a set they don't own and disappears, now you have a bad rep because someone shady used your service.

Either way, you personally can't sort out all the stupid things ppl will do, and you shouldn't expect support to do that extra work so you can make some money. I think it still boils down to this; your contract does not fit in the trade window and therefore can't be upheld by stg.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 08:27 PM
A: your right it shouldn't happen but does. I brought that up because I've seen numerous "I've been banned" threads where ppl say stuff like- I didn't give him my info I had acc saved to phone and he took my phone w/o permission.

When someone pawns you a set they don't own and disappears, now you have a bad rep because someone shady used your service.

Either way, you personally can't sort out all the stupid things ppl will do, and you shouldn't expect support to do that extra work so you can make some money. I think it still boils down to this; your contract does not fit in the trade window and therefore can't be upheld by stg.

But if I write do u "player" accept the loan price of "amount" for such "period of time" and then write another message

If this is not payed in time the item will be sold do u "player" agree? And screen shot all that

Schnitzel
03-16-2014, 08:28 PM

um..am i the only person that feels STS should remove that check box that says "remember password"?

Suentous PO
03-16-2014, 09:04 PM
@ op- I'm not trying crap on your idea but I think a lot of us have brought up different possible problems. You may personally think these things will be avoided easily but some people will look for and try anything to get ahead. When this happens, not if, when there is a problem (real, imagined, and or intentionally created) it will be on supports shoulders.
Why should they have to arbitrate your business?

One of the richest to have played this game got there in part by lying to and exploiting support.
I applaud your ingenuity, but think something could go bad.

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 09:07 PM
@ op- I'm not trying crap on your idea but I think a lot of us have brought up different possible problems. You may personally think these things will be avoided easily but some people will look for and try anything to get ahead. When this happens, not if, when there is a problem (real, imagined, and or intentionally created) it will be on supports shoulders.
Why should they have to arbitrate your business?

One of the richest to have played this game got there in part by lying to and exploiting support.
I applaud your ingenuity, but think something could go bad.

Yeah this is why I decided to put on forums first and see what others think and what they think could go wrong could be changed and to see if it would even work it popped in my head so I decided to see what I could do with then idea :)

XghostzX
03-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Might as well call it: Finance Legends

MightyMicah
03-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Hmm. I still don't get it. It seems to me that this accounting system is full-proof. It's merely the exchanging of assets on both sides, and the gaining of liability on both sides. Granted, the liabilities are not "programmed" into the game but due to the fact that the initial trade is voluntary, and that the assets and liability are all of equal value, I see no harm. Any scamming or other such issues which might arise could only cause as much harm as they would without this system. Like I said, I see nothing wrong with this idea. Am I missing something?

xpowerlevalx
03-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Hmm. I still don't get it. It seems to me that this accounting system is full-proof. It's merely the exchanging of assets on both sides, and the gaining of liability on both sides. Granted, the liabilities are not "programmed" into the game but due to the fact that the initial trade is voluntary, and that the assets and liability are all of equal value, I see no harm. Any scamming or other such issues which might arise could only cause as much harm as they would without this system. Like I said, I see nothing wrong with this idea. Am I missing something?

Idk bro I see it same as u basicly

Brave Sir Robin
03-16-2014, 11:29 PM
The idea sounds OK. I just have one question, to see how it will work in practice. Let's say I give you a demonic x-bow. How much would you give me for it and how much time do I have to pay back my loan?

Suentous PO
03-17-2014, 12:48 AM

I think what could go wrong isn't with the trade they both agree on, but with the "gentleman's agreement" about what happens after that trade, and who should have to sort through disagreements.

xpowerlevalx
03-17-2014, 06:45 AM
The idea sounds OK. I just have one question, to see how it will work in practice. Let's say I give you a demonic x-bow. How much would you give me for it and how much time do I have to pay back my loan?

Well I would base my amount over what cs is inflation deflation and merch price and loan it to u but I would also take a bit off so I still make a small amount of money for people who don't come back the loan time would be a week coz I don't want loans going on forever just fast cash solutions

MightyMicah
03-17-2014, 07:57 AM
I think what could go wrong isn't with the trade they both agree on, but with the "gentleman's agreement" about what happens after that trade, and who should have to sort through disagreements.

Right, I'm with you bro. But my thought is that there are only two ultimate possibilities. One is that the guy who borrowed the money doesn't repay it. In which case the op is off the hook because he has the item. The other possibility is that the op doesn't give the item back. In which case, the guy who borrowed money will lose a small profit. Seeing as he agreed on the amount from the start, he knowingly took the risk, and he'd only lose a small amount of gold, it doesn't seem too huge to me (not to mention the op would his reputation fast if he wasn't giving items back).

I think there could definitely be some foul play where for example the guy who loans money starts saying he gave a more expensive item or perhaps the op claims that he loaned more money than he did and so demands more back. However, at the end of the day the two above possibilities are the only outcomes (aside from both characters agreeing to return assets normally.)

Another issue I thought of could be where one item gains value in the small amount of time during the loan. The op might perhaps decide selling the item is in his best interest now that the price goes up (say 100k). However, once again, both parties entered upon an agreement. The guy borrowing the money took the risk and is therefore somewhat responsible for his own loss. Also, again, the op would lose his reputation fast.

Brave Sir Robin
03-17-2014, 12:11 PM

Well I would base my amount over what cs is inflation deflation and merch price and loan it to u but I would also take a bit off so I still make a small amount of money for people who don't come back the loan time would be a week coz I don't want loans going on forever just fast cash solutions

I see. So your idea is similar to normal 'merching'. You essentially buy an item at a merching price but give the seller the option to buy it back within a very short period of time (a week).

If this period passes, you can then sell the item for profit. I think that this will be most often the case, since one week is a very short period of time.

Your risk when running this operation is minimal: you already have a good deal in your hands, as you obtain an item at a merching price; also, the short time period given means that it is unlikely that you will lose any money as a result of price fluctuations.

On the other hand, the debtor risks twice: first of all, it is likely that they will not be able to pay back within a week, which means that if they sold the item at a normal price they would get a better deal; secondly, they have no guarantee that they will get their item back.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that you are an honourable and trustworthy person, but others might abuse the system: they might just take the items and sell them, then disappear. Officially all transactions are considered final, so even if there are screenshots with the terms of the agreement between lender/debtor, the items will not be given back.

Fusionstrike
03-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Glad to see someone finally got what's proposed here. The item has been sold in the usual manner except the buyer has prearranged with the seller that he'll sell it back for a certain price up until a certain date.

The worst that can happen to the seller is that the buyer refuses to honor the agreed-upon price, in which case he's out of luck.

The worst that can happen to the buyer is that the item immediately drops in value and he takes a loss on it (because seller can just ignore the prearranged deal and buy the now-cheaper item elsewhere). But this is no different from the risk a buyer assumes in any transaction.

Both sides assume a reasonable risk, although I guess the risk on the seller's side is more likely to happen. But in that case the seller just needs to assume he'll never get the item back and not do the deal unless he's ok with that outcome. It's similar to the maxim of never gambling with money you can't afford to lose. And a buyer who routinely dishonors his deals will find that nobody will do business with him anymore, since repeat business is a huge part of any pawn system.

There's no scam here, just another way to buy and sell.

MightyMicah
03-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Glad to see someone finally got what's proposed here. The item has been sold in the usual manner except the buyer has prearranged with the seller that he'll sell it back for a certain price up until a certain date.

The worst that can happen to the seller is that the buyer refuses to honor the agreed-upon price, in which case he's out of luck.

The worst that can happen to the buyer is that the item immediately drops in value and he takes a loss on it (because seller can just ignore the prearranged deal and buy the now-cheaper item elsewhere). But this is no different from the risk a buyer assumes in any transaction.

Both sides assume a reasonable risk, although I guess the risk on the seller's side is more likely to happen. But in that case the seller just needs to assume he'll never get the item back and not do the deal unless he's ok with that outcome. It's similar to the maxim of never gambling with money you can't afford to lose. And a buyer who routinely dishonors his deals will find that nobody will do business with him anymore, since repeat business is a huge part of any pawn system.

Very well summarized.

xpowerlevalx
03-17-2014, 06:46 PM

The thing is I will not scam the item at all and yes my price will be based around several things and my solution is fast cash for u and also me u can make a lot of money farming or even farming ao2 plasma I was making a 100k a hour there so It wouldn't be that hard I'm not making a business to scam in making it to set up a new system and be the first to go for it I won't be using my main acc for this system as it runs a huge risk of so many people claiming scams even tho I HAVNT scammed

Burstnuke
03-17-2014, 09:35 PM

There's no scam here, just another way to buy and sell. This is what i was thinking of!

xpowerlevalx
03-17-2014, 11:02 PM
Ok guys I want a vote should I or shouldn't I go ahead with this I'm happy to get it all working but need to know do u guys think it's worth it

Schnitzel
03-17-2014, 11:19 PM
i would say no

reason: possibility of scams

The Happiness
03-19-2014, 05:32 AM
No. Plain and simple :)

Fusionstrike
03-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Usually I would be for an idea like this because I believe innovation is a great way to solve problems and create new opportunities and make people rich like they wouldn't have been before but then I thought will people really understand how it works and even if you're honest wit them with they still think you took advantage of them just because they didn't understand the deal and that made me think whoa maybe this isn't such a good idea after all and then I realized I haven't used a single bit of punctuation in this whole post and it made me really tired so I just stopped to take a nap

Oldcoot
03-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Lol^^