PDA

View Full Version : What's happening with gems?

Sdbigdaddy
03-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Am I the only one crafting? I consume 5 gems everyday and I'll get maybe 1 grand per several weeks. So I'm using a lot of gems. I see the value of gems plummeting at least by 50%. Good for me...or am I missing something?

Went on a few runs and essences arent dropping more than usual. Maybe just lvling by more players than usual? But 8 hours to craft a gem is still 8 hours.

Thanks in advance for any and all insights! :) cheers.

Kakatoa91
03-16-2014, 11:23 AM
well I craft from 5-15 pieces everyday nearly since craft was added.
Had also a big 3 weeks with nothing lol.
But last week had 3 super and 2 other super an other day just before new map update.

The price drop is good, probably due to more people roaming the maps.

Could b nice to see some other new type of gems.

Morholt
03-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Price drop has little to do with new maps being played.

It's the same thing as with what happened to crates. "Omg, everyone is going to want these for expansion...I better stock up hundreds of these." Problem is...expansion doesn't magically increase the price of things. New items, though? That causes price increases. Until new GOOD items are added to crates, their demand and price won't go up. And until there are new GOOD items to get, nobody feels like wasting gems and their time socketing gear.

What's happening now is a lot of people are panic selling and trying to sell their giant stocks of crates and gems for whatever they can get--meaning a lot of attempts to undersell one another.

FluffNStuff
03-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Um, gems are free to make and if the price ever goes up it will crash exactly 8 hours later as players craft the shaft out of whatever spikes. Get used to it.

Energizeric
03-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Since everyone is leveling in the tombs, more essences than usual are dropping to players, so more gems are being created, and that causes prices to drop. Once everyone starts doing elites and PvP again, fewer will drop and the prices will go back up. It's all about supply and demand. Bigger supply means lower prices.

Kakashis
03-16-2014, 02:02 PM
Since everyone is leveling in the tombs, more essences than usual are dropplayers, so more gems are being created, and that causes prices to drop. Once everyone starts doing elites and PvP again, fewer will drop and the prices will go back up. It's all about supply and demand. Bigger supply means lower prices.

Exactly! But the precious inventory space is not worth it to keep atm while leveling. I have a lot of inventory space but am struggling with crafting jammed up as well as the gem products afterward. Seems like many players also have this problem!

Fyrce
03-16-2014, 04:10 PM
I still upgrade but I have collected gems just from running maps. It'll be awhile for me to use up the gems I have and I am not that desperate to upgrade everything RIGHT THIS INSTANT. I am ok with waiting for the clock while I sleep.

Sheener
03-16-2014, 04:34 PM
I have some saved but I am selling the new ones I craft. Price will rise if they do anothrr crafting weekend. But right now there really arent many items to upgrade. Especially for someone to upgrade to try to turn a profit.

Sheener
03-16-2014, 04:35 PM
If u invest the time and money into upgrading an item now a better item may come out before you can sell it.