PDA

View Full Version : l30 mage Heal

Jyuu1205
03-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Alright so for couple months, I have experiencing heal lag or otherwise known as "Heal miss".

I don't think it's because of counter damage that I take during fights because when I fight shiv mages, they would frost me and when I heal, I stay at the same position, hp doesn't get healed at all and I get nuked lol.

Anyone know what's up with this problem?

largecommand
03-16-2014, 06:59 PM
It's literally you missing heal.

Don't ask me how, but apparently you can miss putting a bandage on yourself.

I think this is done on purpose by the devs

programmed
03-16-2014, 09:22 PM
This is not only in 30. I have had this too occasionally.

Jyuu1205
03-16-2014, 09:35 PM

Doesn't make sense but okay lol

Jyuu1205
03-16-2014, 09:36 PM
This is not only in 30. I have had this too occasionally.

I guess it's not just me, thank god.

Rescind
03-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Happens to me also. It sucks

Caiahar
03-16-2014, 11:12 PM
Happens to rhino as well x.x

All for one, and one for all.

Burningdex
03-16-2014, 11:30 PM
me 2 thts where my other deaths come from 50% bad shield timing 25% gey hgal and rest cuz others r better

Rescind
03-17-2014, 04:12 AM
when i die, its because i suck and missed heal..

largecommand
03-17-2014, 10:59 AM

Doesn't make sense but okay lol

Wow, ill put it like this. A bear can miss beckon. Right? A archer can miss blast, right? A mage can miss heal. Depends on your hit %

Jyuu1205
03-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Wow, ill put it like this. A bear can miss beckon. Right? A archer can miss blast, right? A mage can miss heal. Depends on your hit %

How is heal related to hit %? I have like idk around 110 hit% and even with light debuff, I would still have 100%. Doesn't make sense at all lol..

Caiahar
03-17-2014, 05:06 PM

Wait wat. Can a bird miss evade or focus? Or miss their restore? O.o how do you miss self skills.

Rescind
03-17-2014, 11:20 PM
i hope you can just miss op str gear.. just have them miss their op dodge and arm

Laar
03-17-2014, 11:30 PM

Wait wat. Can a bird miss evade or focus? Or miss their restore? O.o how do you miss self skills.

U miss urself.

Rescind
03-18-2014, 12:30 AM
U miss urself.

maybe if you have amnesia, you might be able to miss yourself. technically speaking that is

largecommand
03-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Yes a bird can miss envade, and focus. Highly unlikely cause we have 180% at endgame. But I have missed it.

Same with mage...I buffed, casted ms, but never got shielded...

Me behind a tree, ready to kill a bird. I buff, I hit focus...but never had envade hit. So the bird just blasted me and I was dead. I saw too in the upper left corner, focus symbol was there, but no envade.

So yes it is possible to miss self buffs. Happens less often but this has been going on since 66 cap. And I highly doubt sts would just not fix it..since back then this game was frequently updated.

Jyuu1205
03-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Yes a bird can miss envade, and focus. Highly unlikely cause we have 180% at endgame. But I have missed it.

Same with mage...I buffed, casted ms, but never got shielded...

Me behind a tree, ready to kill a bird. I buff, I hit focus...but never had envade hit. So the bird just blasted me and I was dead. I saw too in the upper left corner, focus symbol was there, but no envade.

So yes it is possible to miss self buffs. Happens less often but this has been going on since 66 cap. And I highly doubt sts would just not fix it..since back then this game was frequently updated.

Well you are trying to say that each classes miss their self buff due to their hit rate right? When I played l18 bird, I never missed a single evade nor focus. Idk where you came up with this but it just doesn't make any sense..

programmed
03-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Well you are trying to say that each classes miss their self buff due to their hit rate right? When I played l18 bird, I never missed a single evade nor focus. Idk where you came up with this but it just doesn't make any sense..

Yeah...it makes no sense and I never noticed this at all until a few weeks ago so I'm sure it wasn't since fang cap. I've once done l5 and l10 with every class for farming and never did I miss any heals nor evades.

DivineMoustache
03-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Do you know the range lag, whenever sometimes they seem to be running at "x" distance, and then teleport farther away, even on good ping? Nothing freezes during this type of lag, and ping stays solid throughout. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing with heal, due to the fact that people have begun experiencing this at the same time as the heal glitch. This is what happens: the heal does NOT show up on your screen, however it DOES show up on their screen. I might be wrong, but I've also experienced this glitch, and during few occurrences when I was extremely low, I healed, but didn't see the effects, however I did not die. This leads me to my guess that heal works, but I guess the return signal sent to the server is delayed or something.

Impact
03-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Be thankful you cant miss buffs

Burningdex
03-18-2014, 11:42 PM
its happened since valentines patch

Shihua Lai
03-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Btw u guys play arcane?

Laishihua Officer of Northzide Soldiers

Rescind
03-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Do you know the range lag, whenever sometimes they seem to be running at "x" distance, and then teleport farther away, even on good ping? Nothing freezes during this type of lag, and ping stays solid throughout. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing with heal, due to the fact that people have begun experiencing this at the same time as the heal glitch. This is what happens: the heal does NOT show up on your screen, however it DOES show up on their screen. I might be wrong, but I've also experienced this glitch, and during few occurrences when I was extremely low, I healed, but didn't see the effects, however I did not die. This leads me to my guess that heal works, but I guess the return signal sent to the server is delayed or something.

I always die. My health doesn't go up and I just die. It might just be you lagging

Wrestled
03-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Btw u guys play arcane?

Laishihua Officer of Northzide Soldiers

Nope we r talking bout Pocket legends

Hardcorexd
03-22-2014, 07:49 PM
I think it's the problem of you spamming your skills too frequently and sometimes it will like end up in a miss

Rescind
03-23-2014, 03:38 AM
I think it's the problem of you spamming your skills too frequently and sometimes it will like end up in a miss

I feel like fox and bird should have more of a problem if what you said was the case

Caiahar
03-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Dear sir
How do you explain a rhino missing heal cuz u cant exactly spam attacks.

NotYoCookiez
03-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Hmmm this is interesting. If a str mage heals, does the attack have to higher chance of missing because of its own dodge? Like the heal is basically like attacking yourself. Maybe the dodge could cause it to miss.

Loaden
03-24-2014, 04:02 AM
Hmmm this is interesting. If a str mage heals, does the attack have to higher chance of missing because of its own dodge? Like the heal is basically like attacking yourself. Maybe the dodge could cause it to miss.

How is it even possible to miss yourself lmfao. We need a dev to answer, these speculations gets nowhere.
Throughout my pl career in pvp,ive never seen ANYONE complain about missing buffs, ive heard about missing heals long ago, but always thought and heard it was becuz they had huge thumbs.

NotYoCookiez
03-24-2014, 07:28 AM
How is it even possible to miss yourself lmfao. We need a dev to answer, these speculations gets nowhere.
Throughout my pl career in pvp,ive never seen ANYONE complain about missing buffs, ive heard about missing heals long ago, but always thought and heard it was becuz they had huge thumbs.

If you played a mage and fought against a bear or bird after they debuff you, you would know. It's not a myth. It's a fact that heal can miss

angeldawn
03-24-2014, 09:24 AM
I notice this more when I'm in CTF trying to heal a bear. It drives me crazy. My heals are low as it is and when I miss one it could make a difference to the poor bears life :(

DivineMoustache
03-24-2014, 10:18 AM
I doubt heal misses, or else blinding shot/hellscream/etc. would be pretty OP.

MightyMicah
03-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Heal is a skill just like any other. Not a buff, a skill. It is used to heal oneself and one's party. As such, it should be capable of being missed. I believe bird's and bear's heals can be missed as well. Think of it this way, it's just like a damage skill except that you're dealing the opposite of damage; health.

Someone mentioned how can you miss putting a bandage on yourself. The skill is not a matter of bandaging. It's a matter of using some kind of mystical magic in order to heal yourself. At least that's my understanding. Casters sometimes fail their castings :P

DivineMoustache
03-24-2014, 11:02 AM
That's a pretty good explanation for what happens, but it's more than likely a glitch. I really doubt heal can be missed. This is a thing that has started happening more frequently recently. If it was put in there intentionally, I'm pretty sure the devs would have informed us about the skill changing.

It's not really an issue, because it doesn't happen that often anyway. My heal has never failed while I have stable wifi. Just saying.

MightyMicah
03-24-2014, 11:20 AM
That's a pretty good explanation for what happens, but it's more than likely a glitch. I really doubt heal can be missed. This is a thing that has started happening more frequently recently. If it was put in there intentionally, I'm pretty sure the devs would have informed us about the skill changing.

It's not really an issue, because it doesn't happen that often anyway. My heal has never failed while I have stable wifi. Just saying.

Ah, I gotcha. It may very well be a bug. Admittedly I stopped playing mages awhile back so I'm unfamiliar with this glitch, myself.

programmed
03-24-2014, 11:32 AM
I did a little experiment and I think I found the cause of this. I had a lag spike and I used heal while I lagged. While I made a new account for this and used the new account on my computer. So i hosted a map and joined it on both devices. On my tablet I lagged and used heal and it didn't show I used heal while on my computer it showed I DID actually heal but on my tablet I was not healed every time I used the heal skill. So it just isn't registering on your screen yet from the lag but you are actually healing.

Burningdex
03-24-2014, 02:12 PM
^^^

DivineMoustache
03-24-2014, 02:48 PM

Swag I'm a jeniuz

Jyuu1205
03-24-2014, 05:46 PM
I understand what you guys are saying but what does it mean when you heal and the frostbite doesn't go off of you and your hp doesn't get healed? Any explanation for that?