PDA

View Full Version : Will botting ever be taken care of?

Zeus
03-16-2014, 08:55 PM
There are some people, who I can show STG with proof, that are botting teeth and other things, like locked crates.

I have monitored their behavior, time online, and any characteristic that can be linked to botting.

For example, running the first map of Tindirin with a party = a 2:30 run. My average is around 1:50 sec run. However, there are certain people running these maps solo and have a consistent time, as well as a consistent time on remaking the map.

• Solo runs are approx: 4mins. (It depends on the class and gear)
• Remake time is nearly identical
• Remake pattern is exactly the same.

Note: You do not even need to remake a party to rehost this map.

Is there anything that can be done to the people that are botting these teeth for their own benefit? They leave the scripts running for a long time!

keikali
03-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Parf you mean Dragkin teeth.

Zeus
03-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Parf you mean Dragkin teeth.

Yes, thank you!

Solid
03-16-2014, 09:38 PM
How can teeth be botted? I thought pets did not pick up teeth??

Zeus
03-16-2014, 09:39 PM
How can teeth be botted? I thought pets did not pick up teeth??

They do.

Pie
03-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Botting will sadly never be stopped. It can be minimized with bans and such but will always be in this game.

TuMadreee
03-16-2014, 10:08 PM
The first three maps for me are 3 min solos actually, but the last two for some reason are 4min+

Kakashis
03-16-2014, 10:19 PM
you sure they were botting? That would be pretty sophisticated would it?

Serancha
03-16-2014, 10:19 PM
So it would be ok to bot teeth for the benefit of others? But on the serious side, I don't agree with botting, but if STS won't fix the problem of people self-farming in pvp, I don't see them doing anything about this.

Zeus
03-16-2014, 10:57 PM
So it would be ok to bot teeth for the benefit of others? But on the serious side, I don't agree with botting, but if STS won't fix the problem of people self-farming in pvp, I don't see them doing anything about this.

I never said that was true. However, the current way is being abused is for selfish benefits. Benefits of others = gold farming and selling.

Pie
03-16-2014, 11:03 PM
It's just unfair how lazy players and hardworking players would earn the same amount of money or items even though one player spends weeks doing things other than AL whereas one player spends weeks hardcore farming. One works their butt off farming while the other one works their butt off into a chair to watch T.V. and at the end of the day still have the same amount or more dragkin teeth or crates than the gamer. I don't know of many botters but they are out there and are cheating.

xcainnblecterx
03-16-2014, 11:12 PM
Doubt it will ever be permanently fixed, take a look at pls infinite spawn zones. Its a problem definitely but same as scammers, it can't be stopped

utpal
03-16-2014, 11:41 PM
i can too name some bots and i hav reported.
bt it is impossible to spot bot that farms brackenbridge.
bots at jarl and ctf r common nd cannot be detected -.-.

Zeus
03-16-2014, 11:53 PM
The first three maps for me are 3 min solos actually, but the last two for some reason are 4min+

As I said in the original post, it depends on the class and gear. :)

Anarchist
03-17-2014, 12:18 AM
Stopping bots is 100% possible for example sts could add external protection to sheild their games from hackers like Hsheild ecc.
They are not 100% secure but normally they reduce the number of hackers and if the system catches one it can trace him back to his IP.

Finding the new cheat codes and how they work, Thats is the main difficulty in Hack hunt.

I hope they do something though while lots of players including me are ready to farm 24/7, i don't think we are ready or find it fair to farm our as*** 24/7 when there is a random Mr Hacker calmly drinking his coffee, taking his dog for a walk and at the end of the day still earning more than we can ever wish to.

utpal
03-17-2014, 12:22 AM
botting is not hacking. botting means botting.
u r saying like scamming is hacking. lol.
it can be detected by some bot detecting tools tht reads the behaviour of character in game.

Anarchist
03-17-2014, 01:04 AM
botting is not hacking. botting means botting.
u r saying like scamming is hacking. lol.
it can be detected by some bot detecting tools tht reads the behaviour of character in game.

Good to learn new things.

I thought that to bot it was required you also hacked the game some way or another, making it do or letting you do things that normally aren't possible.

edit :

booting: automated gameplay. Generally by using programs to play games for you.

example:

Nerd: OMG almost level 99!21ononeone!!111!!
Botter: Bro, I'm botting and I'm on my 3rd 99 P;
Nerd: Reported!

You are right. :)

baddiva
03-17-2014, 05:05 AM
is this against ToS?

Anarchist
03-17-2014, 05:53 AM
is this against ToS?

Yes it is.

Xenobiotic
03-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Idk what botting is :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samhayne
03-17-2014, 08:06 AM
Hey guys,

We take the health of our games very seriously and we do what we can to stomp out botters.

Zeus, please PM me details, thanks very much!

When discussing such topics, there is no need to include details specific about how to do actions that are in violation of the Terms of Service.

Thread closed.