PDA

View Full Version : Fan made gear

TheKittyKiller
03-16-2014, 09:57 PM
They should do an event where a player designs a piece of equipment that would be implemented into the game. Like for example(just making this item up as I go)
When there is a create your own gear contest you have to
1. Come up with an image of the gear you'd like to be implemented
2. Can't be totally OP
3. Then people vote on the gear they want to be implemented like for example
4. Where it drops
Broadsword Of The Leech(one hand sword) Lvl 30, base # str
#-# damage # speed # bonus stat
Bonus effect like since it's a "leech" the effect would be steal 5% health from total damage dealt(aoe included)
If aoe skill does 100 damage to 5 enemies then 5% of 500 would be heal 25 health
Reward: winner of the contest gets one of the item in game

aw205
03-16-2014, 10:38 PM
There was a similar event during the humania cap where sts had a contest for people to come up with their own gear.

Schnitzel
03-16-2014, 11:47 PM
and way before that, the "doom" contest

the items were:
Orcish's fiery bow of Doom
Buwanda's fiery staff of doom
Funke's meat masher of doom

fourleaf
03-17-2014, 06:33 AM
and way before that, the "doom" contest

the items were:
Orcish's fiery bow of Doom
Buwanda's fiery staff of doom
Funke's meat masher of doom
and before that the alien oasis's various khopeshes

LEVEL ONE
03-17-2014, 09:35 AM
and before that the alien oasis's various khopeshes

The green one was designed by Tullen666, devs later made a red version.

And don't forget the Dreamer's Witch Toad Tiara, Mynas Helmet Of Isis and Mynas Helmet Of Thoth. Those were designed by players as well.

Argyros
03-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Don't forget the tiki crusher, Odin's xbow, and icegugus staff.

LEVEL ONE
03-17-2014, 10:18 AM

We didn't.

There was a similar event during the humania cap where sts had a contest for people to come up with their own gear.

Argyros
03-17-2014, 10:21 AM
We didn't.

He said gear, not weapons.

LEVEL ONE
03-17-2014, 10:44 AM
He said gear, not weapons. Wow...

Well there was no gear contest, so it's pretty clear what he meant. Besides gear means for many PL players not just apparel, but also weapons (shields).

dijnes
03-17-2014, 10:50 AM
For making new wepons we could use a new cap. Just as a theme.... But it would be pretty cool making new items.

Argyros
03-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Well there was no gear contest, so it's pretty clear what he meant. Besides gear means for many PL players not just apparel, but also weapons (shields).

I was going by the actual definition of gear. Staying true to that, he made a vocabulary mistake. He should have been more specific, because, if you haven't noticed, many players nowadays are unaware of past events. There is nothing wrong with constructively reiterating what someone says.

fourleaf
03-17-2014, 02:40 PM
I was going by the actual definition of gear. Staying true to that, he made a vocabulary mistake. He should have been more specific, because, if you haven't noticed, many players nowadays are unaware of past events. There is nothing wrong with constructively reiterating what someone says.
no you weren't lol

anyways these contests have always been fun but I think sts schedule is just far to tight to fit these in anymore.

Argyros
03-17-2014, 02:57 PM
no you weren't lol

anyways these contests have always been fun but I think sts schedule is just far to tight to fit these in anymore.

Indeed I was.

Definition of gear-

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/18/utege8yn.jpg

*Facepalm*

XghostzX
03-17-2014, 03:51 PM

Lol relax, LEVEL ONE is the biggest critic you'll ever meet. But yes Argy, I agree with you.

fourleaf
03-18-2014, 05:39 PM
no you weren't lol

Indeed I was.

Definition of gear-

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/18/utege8yn.jpg

*Facepalm*
I agree that is the technical definition although quite obviously not what the openning post meant,
but you specifically noted the level 70 contest WEAPONS
then you continue to get on level one for using 'gear' wrong even though he had just mentioned 2 helms(apparel)
*facepalm*

Argyros
03-18-2014, 06:33 PM
I agree that is the technical definition although quite obviously not what the openning post meant,
then you continue to get on level one for using 'gear' wrong even though he had just mentioned 2 helms(apparel)
*facepalm*

I was just adding to the train of posts that there were also specific weapons designed by specific people. I know a few of those people VERY well.

Level one got on me about it LOL, and I was specifically noting the pre-humania release contest, not any apparel contest, or of the like.

fourleaf
03-18-2014, 08:06 PM
*facepalm*

I was just adding to the train of posts that there were also specific weapons designed by specific people. I know a few of those people VERY well.

Level one got on me about it LOL, and I was specifically noting the pre-humania release contest, not any apparel contest, or of the like.
level one only stated that contest had already been mentioned then you were like thats not 'gear' even though he quoted you lol

Argyros
03-18-2014, 08:48 PM

There is multiple things wrong with this sentence...

1. We had to draw a weapon and write a lengthy description/background on it.

2. We also did not just come up with whatever 'gear' we wanted. It was specifically broken into INT/STR/DEX categories, weapons only. We were also given a basic idea of what theme the weapon should be. This leads me to another point...

3. The contest was not held, "during the humania cap," but before. Yes I am still in the act of facepalming myself.

In this sentence I was remembering the winners and which exact weapons they created during that contest, for anyone who didn't know.

We didn't.

Where did anyone mention the winners and their specific items? False info please. He only mentioned a 'gear contest" which is not definitively correct.

He said gear, not weapons.

Yep.

No it was not clear. Any newer player could mistake his post for something so else.

level one only stated that contest had already been mentioned then you were like thats not 'gear' even though he quoted you lol

Please restate this?

aw205
03-18-2014, 10:53 PM
There is multiple things wrong with this sentence...

1. We had to draw a weapon and write a lengthy description/background on it.

2. We also did not just come up with whatever 'gear' we wanted. It was specifically broken into INT/STR/DEX categories, weapons only. We were also given a basic idea of what theme the weapon should be. This leads me to another point...

3. The contest was not held, "during the humania cap," but before. Yes I am still in the act of facepalming myself.

lol dude i was their during the humania cap as well as during sewers. Well i must admit my sentence wasn't exactly well said but then again i wasn't gonna write a whole page explaining the event. u get my point :)

LEVEL ONE
03-19-2014, 01:00 AM
Argyros, the reason why I had to say "we didn't" was exactly because your comment "and don't forget /.../" made it seem like the humania contest and the weapons you mentioned are unrelated. It could confuse someone even more.

If you really want to educate players about PL's past, then I suggest you make a thread depicting all "player-designed gear". With when it was made, who made it, the original design picture and a screenshot of the in-game item.

Argyros
03-19-2014, 06:53 AM
lol dude i was their during the humania cap as well as during sewers. Well i must admit my sentence wasn't exactly well said but then again i wasn't gonna write a whole page explaining the event. u get my point :)

Yeah I was there as well. It was an exciting event. ^^ The contest was still held before the humania release though lol. ;)

Argyros, the reason why I had to say "we didn't" was exactly because your comment "and don't forget /.../" made it seem like the humania contest and the weapons you mentioned are unrelated. It could confuse someone even more.

If you really want to educate players about PL's past, then I suggest you make a thread depicting all "player-designed gear". With when it was made, who made it, the original design picture and a screenshot of the in-game item.

Yeah I could have rephrased that sentence a bit better. I would make a thread, but it would be pretty awkward.

dijnes
03-19-2014, 10:59 AM
We need to make a contest so that people can draw 1h and sheild elite items for this cap at bsm. I dont like all 2h weps.

fourleaf
03-19-2014, 04:18 PM

No it was not clear. Any newer player could mistake his post for something so else
It actually was quite clear if you read the openning post where he specifically uses a sword as his example of 'gear'

to be definitively correct:
Deuvevax's Tribal Tiki Crusher of Emotion
Odin's Phantom Pirate Crossbone
Icegugu's Golden Staff of Sea Devil
I'm glad you were informing everyone of the details but you left off the crusher's designer and you didn't seem to want to inform everyone of the designers of the only actual 'gear' items that were mentioned

Xionskull
03-19-2014, 05:23 PM
It actually was quite clear if you read the openning post where he specifically uses a sword as his example of 'gear'

to be definitively correct:
Deuvevax's Tribal Tiki Crusher of Emotion
Odin's Phantom Pirate Crossbone
Icegugu's Golden Staff of Sea Devil
I'm glad you were informing everyone of the details but you left off the crusher's designer and you didn't seem to want to inform everyone of the designers of the only actual 'gear' items that were mentioned

LOL

Heck, because I am him.

Your argument is invalid.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56829-STR-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-STRENGTH/page5