PDA

View Full Version : Pure Mage in pvp

Arterra
12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
So how are you all holding up? Any good discoveries? What do you think can save us from those Sunblessed bow birds?
If given the tinniest chance, I find that you can time your skills to match theirs and interrupt their combo with a shield halfway.

Ps. Never. Use. Your. Shield. Before. He. Starts. He will blast out.

Kossi
12-08-2010, 05:19 PM
hey arterra, go str :P pallies are really good,
but pure int is really good for twinking

Arterra
12-08-2010, 09:32 PM
i dont think pallys need a thread. that is exactly why this goes to pure.

also, farming for scimitar and shield to use pally with set.

omnipresence
12-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I have an all int mage and the few times I've gone into PVP, I've owned. The secret is to do as much damage as possible before engaging your mana shield (at about 1/2 to 1/3 health). Then cast a quick heal and keep spamming the AOE.

Jsaieagle
12-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Yea, omnipresence is right, pure mage is good (even better that pally), as long as you know the right timing ;)

Arterra
12-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Yea, omnipresence is right, pure mage is good (even better that pally), as long as you know the right timing ;)

timing is EVERYTHING. agree

Kossi
12-10-2010, 05:00 PM
which is why i use all my debuffs and THEN i use blast :)

Arterra
12-11-2010, 11:51 AM
which is why i use all my debuffs and THEN i use blast :)

heal...

/char

Pharcyde
12-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Debuff/heal/ blast/ sheild/buff. Finish off will the all holy AOE SPAM OF HELL.

KingFu
12-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Few int mages are any trouble for me. Only one that does give me trouble is kooderna, since she's so fast. Don't go pally, they're op, too many of them IMO. I kinda hate being the op class, especially right now, pally and battle bird for the most part take little skill to own in pvp, and that's why so many people are choosing them. Because they're op and easy to be decent in pvp with. But eh. I guess if you really want to pvp as a mage, pally is the best choice. I just think it's the easy way out. Yes, this is coming from someone that used to be a pally and used to be a battle bird.

omnipresence
12-13-2010, 04:08 PM
You have to be fast as a pure int mage since you have little armor protecting you. It's speed, timing and a little predicting of your opponent to be successful. If you're clearing them out with ease then they aren't playing the class right. Battle mages are for those who want to win battles against birds and bears who don't know what they are doing.

Sarthius
12-13-2010, 11:42 PM
I am just getting rdy to shift gears into pvp as pure Mage. I've been testing it out and man it's been discouraging! However, I like the challange and want to be know has the pure Mage killer vrs the OP pally. I'm currently contemplating the skill tree. Any thoughts u wanna share via message or reply for maxing out mana shield and ice bolt? Was thinking about dropping the frost nova since the range n dmg r so low.

mrpredalien
12-15-2010, 09:58 AM
There are so many Pallies these days. I think just pure int or dex or str is better. But then again, that's just me

Arterra
12-15-2010, 11:04 AM
I am just getting rdy to shift gears into pvp as pure Mage. I've been testing it out and man it's been discouraging! However, I like the challange and want to be know has the pure Mage killer vrs the OP pally. I'm currently contemplating the skill tree. Any thoughts u wanna share via message or reply for maxing out mana shield and ice bolt? Was thinking about dropping the frost nova since the range n dmg r so low.

For pally need both ice skills. Freeze them and run away so they waste their heal. Then CHARGE.

mrpredalien
12-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I just don't know the right timing,., my kill is lower than my Death because i suck at pvp

omnipresence
12-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Are you playing on wifi? Ping is 90% of your speed.

Greek
12-15-2010, 03:33 PM
I originally played as a INT mage, i wasnt too crazy about depending on energy sheild to stay alive. If the sheild has a faster cool down time i would go INT mage without question. useing pally becuase u dont need to use sheild.

Through I do think INT mage is better for team battles becuase of the insane damage they can do.

Arterra
12-15-2010, 05:15 PM
I originally played as a INT mage, i wasnt too crazy about depending on energy sheild to stay alive. If the sheild has a faster cool down time i would go INT mage without question. useing pally becuase u dont need to use sheild.

Through I do think INT mage is better for team battles becuase of the insane damage they can do.

lol if im not supporting with heals, i usually steal a few kills...

Pharcyde
12-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Mages do pwn in team matches though. 1 v 1 they suck though. Only weakness.

Arterra
12-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Mages do pwn in team matches though. 1 v 1 they suck though. Only weakness.

oh yea... never charge alone, or even try sneak attacks.

fun thing though: i died but got rev skill used on me. decided to wait, and sprang back in the middle of enemy group. took down 2 of them nicely lol

Pharcyde
12-15-2010, 10:49 PM
I LOOOVE sneak attacks. Nothing like sneaking up on a warbird after he blasted all his spells and pwn him.

Arterra
12-15-2010, 10:49 PM
I LOOOVE sneak attacks. Nothing like sneaking up on a warbird after he blasted all his spells and pwn him.

i cant buff up without being noticed T.T

Pharcyde
12-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I usually camp by a speed orb. As the battle goes on I buff up, grab the speed orb and charge into battle from behind or the side. It works like clockwork.

Sarthius
12-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Are you playing on wifi? Ping is 90% of your speed.

Mabe that's why my kill death is 1 for 2
I play on 3g. My ping is never ever lower than 250 and it usually functions inthe 350 range.

Rushd
12-20-2010, 03:50 AM
this is kinda off topic, but i have a lvl 19 mage without any skillpoints or the other points spent, and no gear so i can still go either way. Pally or Int? Also i wanna do 1v1 and team battles. btw fairly new here

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 01:46 AM
I found something pretty interesting about pure int mages.

The timing/order of spells you cast depends on the build/spell timing of your opponent. I found the most effective way to survive as a int mage is to take aggro, heal in the middle of his combo. then go mana sheild. You basicly end with full hp and half mana while he just burned his spells.

This tactic gets trashed though if he casts so fast that your hp bar goes from full to zero immediately.

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 05:59 PM
LOL that's exactly what I did
just until I kept dying in the middle of Healing XD
so Now i go mana first but then he drains my life first lol

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 07:24 PM
LOL that's exactly what I did
just until I kept dying in the middle of Healing XD
so Now i go mana first but then he drains my life first lol

Haha Yeah I hate how slow Mage Spells are. Bear and bird combos are almost instant. Mages require pretty complex combo orders and godly finger tap speeds to survive.

mrpredalien
12-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Lol I don't exactly
have what you call, a delicate sense of touch :D

Luchta
12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm curious if it's possible to cast any spell while running. Somehow, these are a few things I've experienced.

While I'm running:
- casting heal, my char shoots a normal attack (sometimes vise versa)
- casting 4 AOE combo, most of the time only 3 goes through
- casting 3 buffs (including shield), most of the time only 2 goes through

Is this a normal thing? I'm on an android phone (nexus one). No not my fingers and I've been trying to figure out which spell goes next with which.

Pharcyde
12-23-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm curious if it's possible to cast any spell while running. Somehow, these are a few things I've experienced.

While I'm running:
- casting heal, my char shoots a normal attack (sometimes vise versa)
- casting 4 AOE combo, most of the time only 3 goes through
- casting 3 buffs (including shield), most of the time only 2 goes through

Is this a normal thing? I'm on an android phone (nexus one). No not my fingers and I've been trying to figure out which spell goes next with which.

Are you on the Droid?

The Droid is buggy with its Multi touch compatibilities. Nothing to do with Pocket Legends.

If your on a iphone/ipod/ipad you can run and cast spells due to apples expert multi touch programming.

Luchta
12-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Ok now I get it. Yes I'm on a droid. No wonder I see other races and even other mages casting spells while running. As for me, I have to pause each time before I can actually see my own combo come out. Now that kinda' sucks.

Greek
12-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Ok now I get it. Yes I'm on a droid. No wonder I see other races and even other mages casting spells while running. As for me, I have to pause each time before I can actually see my own combo come out. Now that kinda' sucks.

Are you useing the joystick? Im useing android too, (HTC Evo), and im multi touching fine. Maybe its a setting on your phone, if its still giveing you trouble just wait for the new andriod becuase it directly supports gameing XD

Luchta
12-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Greek: The virtual joystick you mean? Yes I use it. Do you suggest I use the tap to move and cast spells from there?

To be specific with what I mean by running, it's me charging forward another player or mob while pressing skills.

Luchta
12-24-2010, 05:11 AM
Ok Greek, I tried the tap to move feature and omg! The difference in accuracy of the skills is astronomical. I can't help but face palm myself with two hands just by trying it once. I can totally see the difference.

You are right. I guess when Gingerbread comes out for my device, I should expect some really cool improvements.

Thank you for the tip. Now to practice with the new adjustment.

Pharcyde
12-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Ok Greek, I tried the tap to move feature and omg! The difference in accuracy of the skills is astronomical. I can't help but face palm myself with two hands just by trying it once. I can totally see the difference.

You are right. I guess when Gingerbread comes out for my device, I should expect some really cool improvements.

Thank you for the tip. Now to practice with the new adjustment.

Haha now once android supports multi touch better you will see a huge difference in joystick and spell casting. The extra taps to move can actually take that small second you need to cast spells to survive :)

Luchta
12-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah I can can now actually see the consistency. I just hope what they say about the new android OS is true that it would support better gaming. PL would surely top the bars then when that happens.

Pharcyde
12-27-2010, 03:55 AM
Yeah I can can now actually see the consistency. I just hope what they say about the new android OS is true that it would support better gaming. PL would surely top the bars then when that happens.

I doubt Android will get good multi touch any time soon. Apple may be bad now but one thing they still have is their amazing programming and coding. No one beats the apple Multi Touch capabilities.