PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Discussion

Stealthmagic
12-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Hey people! I was thinking about getting a new cell phone soon and I'm with Verizon. I don't know a whole lot about what the best phone to get is, so I thought it would help if I heard opinions from other people. (Has to be a phone from Verizon)

Thank you very much and please post your favorite phone.

King Kamehameha
12-08-2010, 04:31 PM
This belongs in the off topic discussion section

Cabero
12-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey people! I was thinking about getting a new cell phone soon and I'm with Verizon. I don't know a whole lot about what the best phone to get is, so I thought it would help if I heard opinions from other people. (Has to be a phone from Verizon)

Thank you very much and please post your favorite phone.

Well I got a Droid incredible from Verizon and I like it a lot. There is 6+ different "Droid brand" phones. As far as I know they are the best ones. When I say Droid brand I mean name of the phones not the OS even though that's what the OS is on them.

Stealthmagic
12-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Do you know if the Droid 2 is a good phone?

Zeus
12-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Go with the droid 2 rd2, because here are the reasons, it has the best bang for your buck, and it will be able to play pocket legends smoothly for a few years if you even decide to play that long. It has a 1.5 ghz processor I believe? correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't looked at the new droids in a while, used to be a huge phone fantatic. well bottom line, if you are on verizon, go with the droid r2d2

Ellyidol
12-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Still recommend an iPhone if you want a phone. Best thing hands down for me, and I haven't even jail broken yet.

Zeus
12-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes but Elly even tho I am a apple fanboy, I have to say while there as of this moment there is no phone that works and runs as smoothly as the iphone, due to the gpu of the iphone being integrated with the software, thus the fluid experience. The iphone is getting old and outdated and will be outclassed actually in my opinion it is outclasses with the new windows phone 7 THAT LET"S YOUE PLAY XBOX LIVE ON YOUR PHONE, to the android gingerbread update that is a whole new world, to palm's great multitasking webos, although they are kind of dying out even after being bought by hp

Ellyidol
12-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes but Elly even tho I am a apple fanboy, I have to say while there as of this moment there is no phone that works and runs as smoothly as the iphone, due to the gpu of the iphone being integrated with the software, thus the fluid experience. The iphone is getting old and outdated and will be outclassed actually in my opinion it is outclasses with the new windows phone 7 THAT LET"S YOUE PLAY XBOX LIVE ON YOUR PHONE, to the android gingerbread update that is a whole new world, to palm's great multitasking webos, although they are kind of dying out even after being bought by hp

True. Been reading about how android will overtake iPhones eventually. I had an android before, a Sony x10. I think the main thing that made me like my iPhone more was the smoothness of using the phone. In the droid I always kept on having to press stuff again and such, especially on facebook browsing or whatnot. Also with the iPhone being more represented, even my uni has iPhone syncing sites that helps for studies.

Maybe in the future when droids catch up, I will definitely use one. :)

Pharcyde
12-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Droid will never catch up. Apple hands down has the best mobile software. Droid and others may be better with features but NO phone will ever run as smoothly and cleanly as the iphone. At least while apple is still kicking and breathing that is.

KingFu
01-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Droid X

Nuff' said...