PDA

View Full Version : Skill book?

FriedSushi
05-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Do you guys play with the skill book open? Because I have rage, stomp, and iron blood on my quick slots, and I don't know if I should use evade or he'll scream( i'm a Bow warrior.

Royce
05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
These are really separate questions. My warrior has hellscream in quick access, but it would really depend on which you use more frequently. As for the new toggleable skill book (which is awesome), it's too distracting to keep open all the time. I only leave it open when in the middle of a very intense fight. Two biggest flaws with it in my opinion are that it shows skills that have zero points assigned (unusable skills iow), and the skills in the right column change when you open it from your quick access skills to the first four skills. That second part has been really messing with me. My enchantress has been needlessly casting revive all night.

Jovians
05-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Rofl So has mine I go to heal and all i do is burn my mana with revive.....
:(

FriedSushi
05-06-2010, 06:11 PM
yeah, if the skills were in same position, and all the non usable skils didnt show, it would begood

Royce
05-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Rofl So has mine I go to heal and all i do is burn my mana with revive.....
:(

Exactly. I've started leaving it open to avoid this, but it really limits your field of vision (particularly since all those ones I don't use are there :( ).

I still think it's a definite improvement overall.

BobFarmer
05-06-2010, 06:32 PM
I would like to see us be able to customize a 2-row skill box, or perhaps allow multiple choices. If I have 10 skills I want to use, make it 5x2 (especially on iPad). I have a magebird (bobfarmerj) who uses every skill archers have available, so full view is fine so this means I'm always playing with it open. However my regular bird (bobfarmer) uses around 8-10, my warrior uses 8-10 (bobfarmerg), and my mage uses 8-10 (bobfarmere).

This would seriously help the game in my opinion, especially if we could put the skills where we want. One row for buffs, one row for attacks, one row for enchants, etc.

Azrael
05-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I play with the skill book open sometimes, and closed other times depending on the situation. I'd like to see the skill book condensed so that it only includes spells we have points in. The skill book should also not rearrange the order of the skills that we have place in the first bar. It is difficult keeping it open sometimes as that area of the screen is often used for turning a character.

All that said tough, it is a huge improvement and a step in the right direction for making more skills quickly available.

Flamin
05-06-2010, 07:55 PM
No, I dont play with the skill book open, I only use it for sometimes if I want to use skills that are not in one of my skill slots.

Jakis
05-06-2010, 09:54 PM
-only show skills you've added points to
-match the columns you have mapped
These are issues we'll address, but they require a code change (app store update). This will happen sometime after pvp goes live.

Royce
05-06-2010, 09:59 PM
That sounds excellent :)

Azrael
05-06-2010, 10:13 PM
-only show skills you've added points to
-match the columns you have mapped
These are issues we'll address, but they require a code change (app store update). This will happen sometime after pvp goes live.

You sir, are awesome.

Endless
05-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I second that. All my invested skills onscreen without grayed out skills in the way? That will makes PvE and PvP way better. I'll be setting up combos like a combo setter-upper or something like that..... :D