PDA

View Full Version : AL luck system explained

gumball3000
03-20-2014, 06:51 AM
If you have been playing AL for a while you already know that there is no luck involved when looting items.
The reason we don't have a pure "random number generator for every item we loot" is:
1. Reduce server cost
2. Control the market
Everything is time based and i will give a few examples:
1. If 2 people check klaas one after eachother they will, most of the time, get the same lix.
2. If 2 parties look for an elusive on the same map at the same time, the elusive will spawn for both parties in the same place at the same time( Elusive 4/krunch 2/bael 2)
3. The elusive 4 always spawn in the same mobs, not in random mibs across the maps.
4. In the winter event when everyone was looking for the tarlok dragon, when someone was announcing tarlok in guildchat then more people announce thry found it too. Point is that if a party foynd tarlok then all the parties who entered the portal at around the same time got tarlok too.
5. Elite bosses spit out a specific amount of legendary gear each day. I don't know eactly if it is time based or number of times the boss was killed. All i know is that the more people farm a map then the more IMPOSSIBLE it is to get the desired item.
If you were farming teeth then you know they were prety easy to get first hour in the expansion. Then after more people started farming them it became impossible.
6. I am not much of a locked opener so this is just a theory: Mythic and Arcane items drop from crates every time a specific amount of crates have been opened. Example of how it works: Lets's say arcane maul is set to drop every 1000 crates opened.

Someone on the server loots a maul and stops opening more crates. I start opening crates and stop at the 999 th crate without looting the desired maul. Now the next person who will open the next ctrate will loot the maul.

So stop saying you have bad luck. Just say that you have bad timing.
This is the worst loot system i have seen in any game.

Sceazikua
03-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Is there any proof? If there arent then dont make assumtions. Thanks.

Xenobiotic
03-20-2014, 07:08 AM
There is proof, whenever I take my daily rewards from Klaas and Shaz back to back, I get the exact same elixir from both of them. I dont think its a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gumball3000
03-20-2014, 07:12 AM
I am not making any assumptions, everything is based on my experoences in game.

Ebezaanec
03-20-2014, 07:13 AM
I am not making any assumptions, everything is based on my experoences in game.

But without solid evidence, it's not a solid explanation.

Xenobiotic
03-20-2014, 07:31 AM
But without solid evidence, it's not a solid explanation.

I just gave solid evidence..u want sts to check my klaas-shazbot history?

Rare
03-20-2014, 07:37 AM
There is proof, whenever I take my daily rewards from Klaas and Shaz back to back, I get the exact same elixir from both of them. I dont think its a coincidence.

This rarely ever happens for me and I always take them back to back (only one per day)

Int
03-20-2014, 07:41 AM
If you have been playing AL for a while you already know that there is no luck involved when looting items.
The reason we don't have a pure "random number generator for every item we loot" is:
1. Reduce server cost
2. Control the market
Everything is time based and i will give a few examples:
1. If 2 people check klaas one after eachother they will, most of the time, get the same lix.
2. If 2 parties look for an elusive on the same map at the same time, the elusive will spawn for both parties in the same place at the same time( Elusive 4/krunch 2/bael 2)
3. The elusive 4 always spawn in the same mobs, not in random mibs across the maps.
4. In the winter event when everyone was looking for the tarlok dragon, when someone was announcing tarlok in guildchat then more people announce thry found it too. Point is that if a party foynd tarlok then all the parties who entered the portal at around the same time got tarlok too.
5. Elite bosses spit out a specific amount of legendary gear each day. I don't know eactly if it is time based or number of times the boss was killed. All i know is that the more people farm a map then the more IMPOSSIBLE it is to get the desired item.
If you were farming teeth then you know they were prety easy to get first hour in the expansion. Then after more people started farming them it became impossible.
6. I am not much of a locked opener so this is just a theory: Mythic and Arcane items drop from crates every time a specific amount of crates have been opened. Example of how it works: Lets's say arcane maul is set to drop every 1000 crates opened.

Someone on the server loots a maul and stops opening more crates. I start opening crates and stop at the 999 th crate without looting the desired maul. Now the next person who will open the next ctrate will loot the maul.

So stop saying you have bad luck. Just say that you have bad timing.
This is the worst loot system i have seen in any game.

I don't understand ur logic at all... Your saying the reason we don't have random number generator is because we could end up having the same loot and elixir or ending up encountering elusive at the same time? It wouldn't be random number generator then.....

Zeus
03-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Lol...this post...!

I believe they use pseudo randomness incorporated into their own private algorithm. So, it's not just based on the factors of normal pseudo randomness but also variables that they have defined.

MoloToha
03-20-2014, 08:10 AM
It is very likely that STS use pseudorandom number generator based on server's time. I believe that getting the same elixirs from Klaas isn't caused by random generator issues. Really, how bad a random generator should be, if it generates the same number after 10-20 secs of logging in to another account?

supersyan
03-20-2014, 08:26 AM
hmm. i think some private code is associated with every object in the game including loots.
for example when i enter a map multiple people are entering in that map means different instances of map being created. and the code associated loot object is "drop loot when instances created >1000". reset instances." and there may be another codes associated loot object which says "which player to get loot". if number 1000 replace by 1500. loot becomes more rare. when i'm entering the map i don't know which instance i'm in currently now. and when i loot people say luck.

wvhills
03-20-2014, 08:28 AM
actually, he's right on the klass and shazbot elixirs. I'll get my shazbot first, if it's a crappy one I'll wait for a few minutes before I go to klaas because it's always the same.

Idk about a set amount of items per day but there is definitely a time element involved in the drop system. In PL I ran mt fang probably more than only a handful of people and if "the pinks were dropping" they were dropping for everyone. If they weren't you were wasting your time looking for them. In DL you only had to hunt for vanities for 30 min. If you were to get one it was going to be within the first 30 min you were running. If you ran more than that you NEVER got a vanity. I haven't ran elites enough or opened enough crates to comment in AL but you notice the same thing in Arena. When the pinks and chests are dropping they're dropping for everyone, if they aren't you're wasting your time.

Idk what their random drop system is but imo it's not truly random. I know how random works and it's not either the hit or miss that STS games seem to be.

just my 2 cents

Portalkeeper
03-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Weh! Di nga!? Pauso lng yata yan eh. :)
O bka sbi lng yan ng lolo mo h. :)

Card
03-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Exp.whenever I use my toons go to daily bard quest like "troll breakfast"...and later when past next daily I return to my main daily quest it will be the same "Troll Breakfast".but I think these has nothing to do with luck system

Sceazikua
03-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Exp.whenever I use my toons go to daily bard quest like "troll breakfast"...and later when past next daily I return to my main daily quest it will be the same "Troll Breakfast".but I think these has nothing to do with luck system

It has been like that since the bard was revamped, that all the bards will give same map to anyone in a same day.

And, saying you get same elixir is clueless, because there are only a few types of elixirs. Though, whenever I get speed elixir, I dont see all others around me run faster. There maybe 1 or 2 that gets same elixir, but not all at the same time.

Serancha
03-20-2014, 08:50 AM
This is just silly.

BTW the elusives do not spawn from the exact same mobs. They can come from any mob of their type that is in the map. So any shark can be First Mate Ripper. How do I know? I have photo records of 50+ elusives and no two are in the exact same spot.

Edit:

Also, the Klaas rewards are likely set to certain ones each time it comes up. So if your alts are all on the same reward schedule, you are likely to find yourself getting the same items on all characters. Like I got 25 health and 25 mana on 4 characters today, and most times they are the same. It's like the dialy bards quest - everyone gets thte same one for a 24 hour period, then it changes. But if your alt skipped it the day before, you can someitmes get different ones on the same day.

flluby2
03-20-2014, 09:15 AM
actually, he's right on the klass and shazbot elixirs. I'll get my shazbot first, if it's a crappy one I'll wait for a few minutes before I go to klaas because it's always the same.

Idk about a set amount of items per day but there is definitely a time element involved in the drop system. In PL I ran mt fang probably more than only a handful of people and if "the pinks were dropping" they were dropping for everyone. If they weren't you were wasting your time looking for them. In DL you only had to hunt for vanities for 30 min. If you were to get one it was going to be within the first 30 min you were running. If you ran more than that you NEVER got a vanity. I haven't ran elites enough or opened enough crates to comment in AL but you notice the same thing in Arena. When the pinks and chests are dropping they're dropping for everyone, if they aren't you're wasting your time.

Idk what their random drop system is but imo it's not truly random. I know how random works and it's not either the hit or miss that STS games seem to be.

just my 2 cents

Indeed. For some elixir, like those single type speed, luck, armor/ damage, and pots seems to give you the same thing around the same period.
For combo elixir, hauntlet coins, bards tokens, or pets, much harder to get them even if you are collecting them at about the same time.

gumball3000
03-20-2014, 10:00 AM
This is just silly.

BTW the elusives do not spawn from the exact same mobs. They can come from any mob of their type that is in the map. So any shark can be First Mate Ripper. How do I know? I have photo records of 50+ elusives and no two are in the exact same spot.

50+ elusive? That is hard to believe.

stackz
03-20-2014, 10:59 AM

Wow so you get eggs from aha bit when you get them from klaas? Uber awesome lol

Haligali
03-20-2014, 11:10 AM
There is some truth, you can notice this on proc of the weapons: sometimes just don't want happen, sometimes happens quick repeatedly.

wvhills
03-20-2014, 12:07 PM
There is some truth, you can notice this on proc of the weapons: sometimes just don't want happen, sometimes happens quick repeatedly.

i've notice that with the quill procs.

MoloToha
03-20-2014, 12:10 PM

If I don't mistake, it's called "Korean random" :D

FluffNStuff
03-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Conformation Bias! My favorite!!! Keep em coming!!! Let's see how long till we can get to the shoes with no socks guarantees a reroll from Jarl.

Pandorix
03-20-2014, 12:32 PM
How can ya explain 2 arcane shards in 16 opened locks two days ago and over 350 opened locks few weeks back with no myth loot?

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

notfaded1
03-20-2014, 12:43 PM
How can ya explain 2 arcane shards in 16 opened locks two days ago and over 350 opened locks few weeks back with no myth loot?

yep it really is random so you randomly may not get ne thing in 1000 locked o.O!

Someone got two shards in 16 crates?

Zapix
03-20-2014, 12:57 PM
2 shards would be a lotto winner. I have opened plenty of locked crates and never got a arcane item :(
I'm starting to think some people are just leprechaun's.

gumball3000
03-20-2014, 02:21 PM

How long did it take to open the 16 locks? Did you open one after another?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Crowsfoot
03-20-2014, 06:42 PM
...my farming strategies...

Ishtmeet
03-20-2014, 06:43 PM
I guess it's just pure luck.

Crowsfoot
03-20-2014, 06:48 PM
I guess it's just pure luck.
Math, cognitive observations, multiple devices, perfect timing, and hours of waiting*

Fauksuras
03-20-2014, 06:50 PM

I can vouch this is true. Many many times I have gotten same elixir from them within seconds of each other.

What I wonder is if the luck is based on varios possible milliseconds or just a specific one

Anarchist
03-20-2014, 07:08 PM
I think the game has a pseudo random generator based on time.
Majority of random numbers computer protocols use are all based on the current time of the server or machine where they are running.

So it won't be strange if AL random luck which i think was originally created to be random repeats itself or approximately repeats itself in a certain interval.

#Speculations :P

Hiosahaf
03-20-2014, 07:16 PM
I think the game has a pseudo random generator based on time.
Majority of random numbers computer protocols use are all based on the current time of the server or machine where they are running.

So it won't be strange if AL random luck which i think was originally created to be random repeats itself or approximately repeats itself in a certain interval.

#Speculations :P

The generator favours you -.-

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Anarchist
03-20-2014, 07:26 PM
The generator favours you -.-

Ah really?

Why didn't i win great Singe contest then ?

I mistaked with 700+ positions :P

Hiosahaf
03-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Ah really?

Why didn't i win great Singe contest then ?

I mistaked with 700+ positions :P

Erm..erm.. karma!

Madnex
03-20-2014, 09:36 PM
You're definitely onto something here.

After countless hours of farming on SL, DL, AL I noticed that when specific good loot drops, it drops a lot of the same item in a set amount of time (might be 12h/day). Not sure about crate luck yet I wouldn't be surprised if the mythic/arcane drops are controlled and monitored by some system similar to what you described.

Allocate
03-21-2014, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I collect klass/shazbot via my alt. accounts and they all get similar elixirs/eggs/pots most times.

Perhaps you are on to something!

Euldor
03-21-2014, 01:27 AM
Not the same case with me. I have never received the same elix/chest package from both Klaas and Shazbot and I always claim them at the same time. This is only for the Klaas/Shazbot thing though.

Fyrce
03-22-2014, 02:15 AM
In any random system, there will, by definition, also be clusters of whatever event it is that people will notice.

I have yet to notice a cluster of crate desired events, but I'd imagine it can happen, should enough crates be opened, either by a group or by individuals.

As for the shazbot, klaas thing, isn't that mainly commonality? They have a limited set, a couple very common, that they reward. I never get back to back combo elixirs from them or back-to-back combo elixirs in back-to-back toons. Probably because the combo elixir is rarer than the other stuff they reward. They have 1, maybe 2, rewards that they award a lot. I would expect that anyone would get those common rewards quite often, in which case, it would appear to be back-to-back.

Milan Lame Man
03-23-2014, 02:03 AM
As for the shazbot, klaas thing, isn't that mainly commonality? They have a limited set, a couple very common, that they reward. I never get back to back combo elixirs from them or back-to-back combo elixirs in back-to-back toons.
Well if I get a combo elix, I run it, so the next toon comes an hour later. You skip most combo elixirs?
And in fact, I got 2 combo elixirs back to back on Thursay because I was too tired to run it. Just hoped for egg.

I've been complaining that the random system is rigged, a few times. Never got answer from STS.
And ROFL at Sam saying the tooth drop rate has not changed since release :bee:

Zeus
03-23-2014, 02:14 AM
Well if I get a combo elix, I run it, so the next toon comes an hour later. You skip most combo elixirs?
And in fact, I got 2 combo elixirs back to back on Thursay because I was too tired to run it. Just hoped for egg.

I've been complaining that the random system is rigged, a few times. Never got answer from STS.
And ROFL at Sam saying the tooth drop rate has not changed since release :bee:

The tooth drop rate has definitely been changed or messed with, just like the locked drop rates in The Wilds. I used to be able to get 20-30 in 4-5 hours of gameplay. Now? I ran the entire day yesterday and was lucky to get 15! This is truly ridiculous.

Iban Moldes
04-02-2014, 12:30 PM
...ok then explain this, since Christmas at double chance at super gems weekend i was looking in all my items, so got full super gems in every single item less one slot at my helmet that still trying every 12 hours Almost quit looking at the super gem but yesterday tried with platinum and wasted 288 platinum straight for that fck gem, and still didn't got...
Lockeds sure this weekend bought 5100 platinum wasted 2600 and got just a ring blood ruby,and lots of the cheapest stuff that now is looting at this expansion..... not fair dude ......not fair at all........

Sceazikua
04-02-2014, 12:38 PM
isnt it called "double chance"?
And lockeds were all known as gambling. Why didnt you get 100x mythic blood ruby when you opened 100x times lockeds at the same time if you applied this rule? I heard some opened way more than you and got no arcane, and a guildmate opened 20 and got whim egg. Its all pure luck, and those "lucky dudes" are minimal, uncomparable with the thoundsands of players in AL, so if you are not one of the "lucky dudes", dont cry "not fair at all". Thats what made those stuff still valueable somehow, if everyone opens locked and got arcane each time they do, you will cry more when you got one.

Mihu
04-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Yep luck is time based and its a fact. If u dont believe it u r stupid. I farmed so many locks that i know this. And also lucky times are changing which is saad:/ but they rly exist. Or how do u explain why igot 6 locks in 10min and then nothing in hour:P

LordDravek
04-02-2014, 04:58 PM
I agree. Its time based. My peak time is 5pm-10pm. I sometimes play at lunch 11am-12pm. I can average 10-20 locked in the hour at lunch, and maybe 5 during my peak time. (Based on not farming). Opening locked crates work the same.

coloneal
04-04-2014, 10:21 AM
the example no 2 always happened to me. i have many char, when i get bored i just login try to get luck elixir from klass and shazbot, if i got another elix (not luck) i'll change to playing another char, and then i got same elixir like before..

Temarichan
04-04-2014, 02:49 PM
The tooth drop rate has definitely been changed or messed with, just like the locked drop rates in The Wilds. I used to be able to get 20-30 in 4-5 hours of gameplay. Now? I ran the entire day yesterday and was lucky to get 15! This is truly ridiculous.

Yes, same. I was just discussing about this issue a bit earlier with my other friends. But I don't know if STS twiddled with the drop rate or it's just my bad luck completely. It may just be that. During the first few days of the expansion, I was able to obtain rapid amounts of Dragkin Teeth. Perhaps in 10 runs, I'd get an average of 6-8 teeth. It may just have been pure luck, but after the following updates, I noticed I didn't get many dragon teeth as I did before.

But then again, I've watched my friend's progress of picking up teeth, and they haven't had much luck at all since the expansion itself.

Rare
04-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Or how do u explain why igot 6 locks in 10min and then nothing in hour:P

Luck?

Madnex
04-04-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm starting to believe that there might actually be some truth in timestamps being related to Klaas/Shazbot rewards, apart from randomness in an elixir/egg table based on rarity. Just grabbed +15% damage reduction elixirs for 15 and 30 mins (#4:37am). Although we have no way of confirming this unless we test it repeatedly and figure out a pattern (maybe make a topic on it?).

About normal loot though, I'm leaning towards a system that divides a set number of drops to an x number of instances per a set timeframe. Following that logic, every different day has better odds for a different drop.

gumball3000
04-04-2014, 11:07 PM
This is the third season hooks drop from locked and they still go for 10 m + a piece. If the drops were trully random the market would have been over saturated and they would be no where near a rare item.
Sts is messing with the drops to keep the market under control. Deny it all you want but there is supply and demand and sts can only control the supply.

Madnex
04-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Locked chest mechanics are a different story. While I agree there's a high probability that some arcanes are set to drop more than others (eg. Glacian, Kershal atm), with hooks it's different; their price is still 9m because a lot of twinking goes on and because of the announcement there is a chance of them being upgradable next season.

If the original concept of mythic and arcane rarity still held, it would disappoint the average platinum buyer and limit the investment of the big platinum spenders (over 100k platinum purchases).

asimauara
04-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Imo and from what ive read experienced and was told locks and chests have preset loot in once its looted its become based on helix data and the data computes to have the same number strand as what it did when it hit the ground and fireworked the only time this could have a possibility to change is on the mythic weekend but dont mind my tech talk all games and programs are ran by numeric and alphanumeric code unless changes were made that i dont know about lol

asimauara
04-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Also in my theory the amount of luck you have when you loot a lock may or may not determine what you get from said lock not entirely sure further test need to be done

Haligali
04-15-2014, 09:50 AM
I just checked shazbot today on my 6 toon: first was a hauntlet coin, story token 2x, luck elixir 3x. And it happens every day, same elixirs if i check within one minute.