PDA

View Full Version : Axe in PvP

MoloToha
03-20-2014, 10:33 AM
What is the role of Axe Throw skill in PvP? Is it useful in 5-6 skills build? 4 skills build? Team fights? 1v1? I have 5 free skill points and think about spending them at maxed Axe Throw. The other way is to spend them at 3/5 Windmill and throw other points somewhere.

Thewitch
03-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Axe is for 1v1... very powerful against mages (I have experience ;) )
Its also good in group fights if you can pull rogue/mage to center of battle and kill him/her easily
As for effectivnes Ill prefer to use axe throw-skyward combo, because you have high chance to stun and deal pretty nice damage

Best feature in Axe is the pull...its very effective against ranged players...but it isnt very effective against other warriors
Hope this helps and feel free to ask anything :)

MoloToha
03-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Axe is for 1v1... very powerful against mages (I have experience ;) )
Its also good in group fights if you can pull rogue/mage to center of battle and kill him/her easily
As for effectivnes Ill prefer to use axe throw-skyward combo, because you have high chance to stun and deal pretty nice damage

Best feature in Axe is the pull...its very effective against ranged players...but it isnt very effective against other warriors
Hope this helps and feel free to ask anything :)

Sounds good, I'll try it in PvP as soon as negotiable warrior weapons appear.

utpal
03-20-2014, 03:33 PM
axe throw is super effective pvp skill in 1v1 with rogue
as rogue>war so its a must hav skill.
Combo:
use charged VB+ charged Axe throw+ windmill. or skyward hammer.

bt not very effective against war.
nd with sorc well war>sorc. :)

Crowsfoot
03-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Axe is my favorite PvP skill. I personally do 5/5. Here is my analysis of it:

Pros:

-highest single target damage skill of any warrior skill (except WM due to its multiple hits per cast)

-feeble (victims hit by charged axe cannot land critical hits. This is fatal to most rogues)

- -10% armor. This makes its over time damage calculable as higher than WM when you factor in the added damage of all your attacks (run the math your self)

-one of two ranged skills. Ranged skills are very powerful since most classes like to kite (stay out of mele range of) warriors and slowly kill us with ranged attacks.

-pulls victims into melw range. With practice, you can hit them before they see you (advantage of first strike). The range of axe can be extended if your target casts a dash skill right as you cast axe. This wastes their dash which makes kiting more difficult. Additionally, axe, with practice, is aimable. This is deadly in clashes.

Cons:

-long cool down. If you miss with axe you can die very quickly (especially against a rogue). Because of this, pay close attention to the troll in tdm.

-stun is weak. The stun is the shortest of any warrior skill (even shorter than charging your basic attack). I have the stun upgrade because any stun is better than none. It gives you the one more attack to finish off a mage you catch without a shield up.

MoloToha
03-21-2014, 02:23 AM
Axe is my favorite PvP skill. I personally do 5/5. Here is my analysis of it:

Pros:

-highest single target damage skill of any warrior skill (except WM due to its multiple hits per cast)

-feeble (victims hit by charged axe cannot land critical hits. This is fatal to most rogues)

- -10% armor. This makes its over time damage calculable as higher than WM when you factor in the added damage of all your attacks (run the math your self)

-one of two ranged skills. Ranged skills are very powerful since most classes like to kite (stay out of mele range of) warriors and slowly kill us with ranged attacks.

-pulls victims into melw range. With practice, you can hit them before they see you (advantage of first strike). The range of axe can be extended if your target casts a dash skill right as you cast axe. This wastes their dash which makes kiting more difficult. Additionally, axe, with practice, is aimable. This is deadly in clashes.

Cons:

-long cool down. If you miss with axe you can die very quickly (especially against a rogue). Because of this, pay close attention to the troll in tdm.

-stun is weak. The stun is the shortest of any warrior skill (even shorter than charging your basic attack). I have the stun upgrade because any stun is better than none. It gives you the one more attack to finish off a mage you catch without a shield up.

Cool, very detailed explanation. The detail about stun surprised me, will keep it in mind.

Hectororius
03-22-2014, 12:14 PM
One more con. Seems you need at least 4-5 points in AT in order to make it truly effective. CS only really needs 2 put you lose that range and damage (but you can get off 3-4 CS attacks in the same time).

I am theory building my next build (hybrid PvP/PvE) and AT feels like its going to be important in Enclave. Having a ranged feeble attack is going to be key in somewhat neutralizing these bosses.

Crowsfoot
03-23-2014, 09:20 AM
One more con. Seems you need at least 4-5 points in AT in order to make it truly effective. CS only really needs 2 put you lose that range and damage (but you can get off 3-4 CS attacks in the same time).

I am theory building my next build (hybrid PvP/PvE) and AT feels like its going to be important in Enclave. Having a ranged feeble attack is going to be key in somewhat neutralizing these bosses.
It is a skill that meets its full potential at 5/5. However, 4/5 can be used for twinks in my experience

Cero
03-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Axe skill is good for chasing and picking out the frontliners from a clash. I also like this skills cos its fun pulling players. I'd do Axe+crawly combo on a clash and the one who got pulled wont be able to run(if stun and crawly wont miss:P) then draws the firstblood!

At end game there are plenty of skill points to use so it wont be hard to get it. But on twinks having a limited skill points youre better with cs.

Choosing axe over CS depends on which you would favor because imo theyre both good.
To me i dont mind for using either one of them for i like them both.

Crowsfoot
03-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Axe skill is good for chasing and picking out the frontliners from a clash. I also like this skills cos its fun pulling players. I'd do Axe+crawly combo on a clash and the one who got pulled wont be able to run(if stun and crawly wont miss:P) then draws the firstblood!

At end game there are plenty of skill points to use so it wont be hard to get it. But on twinks having a limited skill points youre better with cs.

Choosing axe over CS depends on which you would favor because imo theyre both good.
To me i dont mind for using either one of them for i like them both.
Tdm is where Axe shines. The camera angle allows you to start 1v1 matches at random via Axe. A VB>Axe>SS>Samael combo is almost an guaranteed stun and very high damage

inkredible
03-26-2014, 11:36 PM
love axe in tdm for sure ^

Crowsfoot
03-27-2014, 08:44 PM
love axe in tdm for sure ^
Its the lead reason for my 6:1, all end game, kdr. Axe is my favorite PvP skill :)