PDA

View Full Version : STS What THINK? ALARGAN BOSS

Hercules
03-20-2014, 01:29 PM
ZZZZ lmao ALARGAN BOSS in ONE HIT -6K AND 5K of health -.- , STS do you think that I one mage have 6k of life? I see like warrs and rouges mythic died also, sorry but CHANGE THAT . I hate like I died 8 times killing ALARGAN and in some times RESET -.-

csyui
03-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Can't wait to see what elite alargan can do.

Candylicks
03-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Right it's tough! If you have a moment to view the video of 'Meet your Mods' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5l6XR7CE4w&feature=share) the AL dev gives some tips on how to successfully beat this boss. Give it a look it's towards the beginning.

Instanthumor
03-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Can't help it when you have 500 armor.. IMO, every boss should hit like Alargan.

MoloToha
03-20-2014, 02:02 PM
I never thougt that this boss is hard - I (tank) made it with two mages. Just make sure you have a free horn before Alargan's pull. Also always keep his aggro, you should use 3-4 aggro skills for it.

Bigboyblue
03-20-2014, 02:07 PM
His pull range is massive though. Once you're in you can't escape. Even fighting outside of the red zone he will pull you in. This seems to need a modification.

Anarchist
03-20-2014, 02:10 PM
First time i died 3 times.
Second time i died 0 times.

It's just a matter of skill.
Learn when to stay away, go with a good war that knows when to pop Horn on the party or someone with a stunning pet and voilą, Alargan becomes a piece of cake :3

Hiosahaf
03-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Here, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=1524994 didn't know it was moved :) good luck skeu! If you need any help, PM me in game and I'll do it with you :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Iliketolol
03-20-2014, 02:41 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/21/demyva7y.jpg

Kakatoa91
03-20-2014, 02:58 PM
I solo him first time lvl 39 I think with my junk mage after the team I was in just abandoned me lol 2-3 day after map release. I tested/died a bit before finding how to deal with him.
Easy. Gale, shield, pot, no lag and clean screen.
U can use the same strat for boss on last map.
After capping, I solo him a bit more but stop
Also if you dont like solo challenge get a good team. Random one with people who dont know what to do will get u kill over and over again.

utpal
03-20-2014, 03:28 PM
enclave bosses r nt mch challenging.
alargan's pull when he in rage mode can be nullified by mage 2sec invul shield as well war horn shield. rest easy.
idk about rogue. maybe they hav pierce.

Bless
03-20-2014, 03:30 PM
"STS what think" Quote of the week, approved by me :applause:

Heck, it even beats "for answer the ask"!

on topic: Yes I agree, the boss hits hard.

Xenobiotic
03-20-2014, 03:42 PM
I finished the whole Tindirin Campaign with my FIRST pug. It consisted of me (rogue) Treat (rogue) and another tank from chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
03-20-2014, 04:55 PM
His pull range is massive though. Once you're in you can't escape. Even fighting outside of the red zone he will pull you in. This seems to need a modification.

False. It's more than possible to escape.

Solid
03-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Omg!!!!!!! Y sts do dis?

Froxanthar
03-20-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm a warrior. I solo him within 10 minutes. :o

Ebezaanec
03-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Umm.. Dom't you think it's designed to be tough?

Did you recently buy new gear this expansion. I'm assuming you did not, since the stats are horrendous.

You have at least L35/36 gear and you are fighting a L41 Boss and you don't expect difficulty? Unless you have upgraded mythics, you should understand what I am posting.

Roberto077
03-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Second easiest boss in the expansion imo

Crowsfoot
03-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Two words: axe throw. Kite the boss and he's a push over.

Akizah
03-21-2014, 02:45 AM
Second easiest boss in the expansion imo

I thought it was the hardest XD

Newcomx
03-21-2014, 02:58 AM
Not that hard... just hit when alargan is not using skill, and run when when start using the skill... use pet that increase speed so u can run faster... IMO the last boss is harder...

Endkey
03-21-2014, 05:19 AM
The trick for rogues is to ready ur shadow piercer wen uk hes gnna pull....u shud charge ur sp and wen he pulls...release...this will make u dash forward...and u wont be hit by the attack

Waheedski
03-21-2014, 06:00 AM
Pretty hardcore warriors here who say they solo him in a few minutes. I am jealous :)

I tried solo-ing him, we'll had no choice, my party, whatever party I was in kept zoning out, even when I said wanna fight boss and they answered in the affirmative.

Hey PARTY what THINK ? ALARGAN BOSS !!!!!

Anyway......

Had Kelvin on the case or as I affectionately call him KillaDawg! The DAWG was doing his Thang! I on the other hand seemed rather useless and simply could not damage him enough i.e reduce his health bar! Only reduced it by 25% after a long hard tussle, and that with a Dev Maul. I was lasting long enough doing the kiting, stunning, smashing, spamming pots, and when pulled whipping out my HoR.

In the end I just got bored and tired, I think I was a level 39 at that time, now I'm homing into level 41.

Haligali
03-21-2014, 06:07 AM
Yes yes, more hard bosses and maps like this, where we really need those pvp tanks.

Linkincena
03-21-2014, 06:07 AM
Elite Alargan would be doing 10 to 12k damage .. Like Elite Bloodhammer's 1 hit KOs..

You will have to use Platinum for reviving to avoid reset of boss..

Hope you understand the feelings of the boss.. he wants your platinum.. lol

Sky_is_epicgearz
03-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Option 1: George
Option 2: Kelvin

Also keep your shield ready so you can activate it when he pulls you. Don't activate it as soon as it comes off CD, you'll have wasted 2 seconds of invulnerability that could have saved you if your pet's arcane ability is on CD.

(I think kelvins CD is shorter plus 10int&dex is far better than 10dmg&dodge) good luck

Mayten
03-21-2014, 06:59 AM
First : Use George (or whatever pet that MUST EXACTLY have AA to stun )as your pet

Second : Attack him nearly let your companion do attack to him and not too far so he ready to stun him

Third, If he pull you just simply stun him

Fourth : Go to stable and dismiss your pet and summon again to regain the AA

Last : Repeat my words below :).

utpal
03-21-2014, 11:20 AM
if u want to kill boss then do it at lvl34-38 solo or party. at lvl40-41 u need mythic set.

Waheedski
03-21-2014, 11:49 AM
if u want to kill boss then do it at lvl34-38 solo or party. at lvl40-41 u need mythic set.

Hiya, still in noob phase at the moment, as AL is my first ever MP game. So could you explain the 'mythic set' and if possible give names, examples etc...

I at the moment have architect plate and wintermancer helm, with Dev maul, and also Targe sword n shield. Provides good armour, I checked ullers helm and plate and my stats seemed better in several areas ????? Yet Ullers stuff is worth millions and mine with everything included was 75k. First is Ullers stuff the beast when worn, or is it priced so high due to rarity, like the maul of ollerus.

Anyhow as a Tank, would you guys go for more armour and less damage or vice versa against elites or tougher maps.

Zylx
03-21-2014, 11:58 AM
I think "STS what THINK" translates to "STS, what were you thinking??"

utpal
03-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Hiya, still in noob phase at the moment, as AL is my first ever MP game. So could you explain the 'mythic set' and if possible give names, examples etc...

I at the moment have architect plate and wintermancer helm, with Dev maul, and also Targe sword n shield. Provides good armour, I checked ullers helm and plate and my stats seemed better in several areas ????? Yet Ullers stuff is worth millions and mine with everything included was 75k. First is Ullers stuff the beast when worn, or is it priced so high due to rarity, like the maul of ollerus.

Anyhow as a Tank, would you guys go for more armour and less damage or vice versa against elites or tougher maps.

ullers helm and plate is lvl26 and lvl31 respectively. so they hav low stats bt u can upgrade both to lvl36 which is known as upgraded mythic set.
there is one mythic helm and plate for warrior.
helm: ullers visage of warfare
plate: ullers antiquated plate of savvy
idk the name of upgraded versions of the set .
they are best set atm tho.

the gears currenty u r wearing will do good upto lvl38. bt after lvl 40+ boss and enemies will be lvl40 and will hit hard. even the second best set tarlok set is nt good enough for lvl40 enclave bosses.

currently mythic helm and plate cost around 1mil and 1.3mil respectively.

for harder elites u need high armour and hp.
bt upgraded mythic set gives both superior armour and also gives high dmg. which is why its best set coz it gives high armour and hp as well as high dmg. also it has 1 more gem slot then legendery.
u wont regret if u upgrade mythic set.

farm elite maps easily and get loots easily and sell easily and make money easily :D

note: if u want to buy and upgrade mythic set.
buy the both mythic helm and plate. as for upgrading mythic u need helm and plate. so dnt jst buy helm or plate. collect 2.5mil atleast and buy the set and then upgrade.
To upgrade mythic set there is a guide.
jst type "upgrade mythic " in search box and u will get the guide.

Hiosahaf
03-21-2014, 01:11 PM
even the second best set tarlok set is nt good enough for lvl40 enclave bosses.

Nah.. sorry to disagree! Takes more than a set to win :) it is an advantage, yes. But skill is important. I know a person who posted somewhere that he died 1 hit ko in 2nd map boss. Full mythic warrior with maul. I didn't die there. So.. skill matters too :)

Waheedski
03-21-2014, 02:08 PM
ullers helm and plate is lvl26 and lvl31 respectively. so they hav low stats bt u can upgrade both to lvl36 which is known as upgraded mythic set.
there is one mythic helm and plate for warrior.
helm: ullers visage of warfare
plate: ullers antiquated plate of savvy
idk the name of upgraded versions of the set .
they are best set atm tho.

the gears currenty u r wearing will do good upto lvl38. bt after lvl 40+ boss and enemies will be lvl40 and will hit hard. even the second best set tarlok set is nt good enough for lvl40 enclave bosses.

currently mythic helm and plate cost around 1mil and 1.3mil respectively.

for harder elites u need high armour and hp.
bt upgraded mythic set gives both superior armour and also gives high dmg. which is why its best set coz it gives high armour and hp as well as high dmg. also it has 1 more gem slot then legendery.
u wont regret if u upgrade mythic set.

farm elite maps easily and get loots easily and sell easily and make money easily :D

note: if u want to buy and upgrade mythic set.
buy the both mythic helm and plate. as for upgrading mythic u need helm and plate. so dnt jst buy helm or plate. collect 2.5mil atleast and buy the set and then upgrade.
To upgrade mythic set there is a guide.
jst type "upgrade mythic " in search box and u will get the guide.

Thanx :) but another question.. When the next mythics comes then this would be so obsolete ? Spending millions on Ullers and then be useless???? Will the next set be sold in store and available via auction or does one have to farm the hell out of elites just to own that mythic.. Sorry for the long winded queries.

I'm really not keen on owning a level 36 mythic when a level 41 will be better against new elites and just round the corner, if you get my drift.

Otahaanak
03-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Based on what the mods have said, the set should be more than competitive throughout this season. If my main was a warrior AND I hoped to do elites, I'd buy the set.

Fyrce
03-21-2014, 06:11 PM
I think I kind of love Alargan.

My L36 warrior helped a couple mages clear him. Basically I ran when Alargan had those bright circles under him unless my HOR or JUG was up. I also used a stun pet, though I'm not sure how often that dragon was stunned. I am not going to say he is easy (well, as a capped rogue in an L41 group w/ lots of stuns he's almost easy). I also tried to keep the dragon facing away from the mages. Not sure how successful that was, but I try my bes! It did help to keep the dragon centered, though the mages liked to push him to one side. Again, do your best to keep him not chasing the mages.

I am not sure he took just a few minutes but it did not feel very long.

My 1st time with him on mage, warrior and rogue were all in L36 groups. He is a challenge and everyone is very happy once he is dead. I love bosses like that: Makes you feel like you did something once it's over.

utpal
03-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Nah.. sorry to disagree! Takes more than a set to win :) it is an advantage, yes. But skill is important. I know a person who posted somewhere that he died 1 hit ko in 2nd map boss. Full mythic warrior with maul. I didn't die there. So.. skill matters too :)

true it takes skill. bt as imo at lvl40, boss hit serious dmg. i m a war. and i dnt get one hitted bt i eat pots after each boss hits me lol.
bt at lvl36-38 it was easy and soloable.
helped many guildies killing this alargan.

and about the 2nd boss, he does hav one hit skill.
u probably was out of his red zone or u cast shield and 2s invincible has saved u.
although tht skill is dodgeble and predictable , maybe tht maul guy is unaware of the fact tht boss has one hit skill lol.
i either use horn (if 2-3war) or run away(if m the only war) from his red zone.
even if one is maxed out war, he die one hit even with jugg is active LOL.

Hiosahaf
03-21-2014, 09:42 PM
true it takes skill. bt as imo at lvl40, boss hit serious dmg. i m a war. and i dnt get one hitted bt i eat pots after each boss hits me lol.
bt at lvl36-38 it was easy and soloable.
helped many guildies killing this alargan.

and about the 2nd boss, he does hav one hit skill.
u probably was out of his red zone or u cast shield and 2s invincible has saved u.
although tht skill is dodgeble and predictable , maybe tht maul guy is unaware of the fact tht boss has one hit skill lol.
i either use horn (if 2-3war) or run away(if m the only war) from his red zone.
even if one is maxed out war, he die one hit even with jugg is active LOL.

Lol of course you eat pots after getting hit by him!!

And all the bosses hit hard, the key is to know them!

utpal
03-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Thanx :) but another question.. When the next mythics comes then this would be so obsolete ? Spending millions on Ullers and then be useless???? Will the next set be sold in store and available via auction or does one have to farm the hell out of elites just to own that mythic.. Sorry for the long winded queries.

I'm really not keen on owning a level 36 mythic when a level 41 will be better against new elites and just round the corner, if you get my drift.

idk when mythic will come. bt it will come after this expansion i.e. at lvl46 cap.

mythic set mch cheap atm comparing few months ago.
it was 18m per set 7-8months ago. now its 2.5m and after elite expansion it will cost below 2m.

well everyone in dilema nd anticipation about the upgraded mythics in future.
dev will not make thos things obsolete as many ppl work hard to upgrade nd wasted plats on this. bt as upgrading again will ruined i think devs will make them vanity via quest which will be tradable or mayb untradable.
you may nvr kno lol.

mythic set is worth atm as when elites come out u can farm elites without wasting time to get elite pinks from store or even u farm elite with lvl36 tarlok set bt it will be vry tough.
so i recommend lvl36 mythic set and farm elites enclave bosses when comes out and be lcky looting sme good elite pinks and sell them higher as those will be selling like hotcakes. with these gold u can makeup those money u bought mythic set.
farm first week and selling good loots will fetch u 10mil+.

even if u think lvl41 elite pink set will hav good stats then mythic then it may be bt it will cost 3-4m. nd it will take time to buy from auction.and in auction it will insnely high prices
if u hav myth set u can farm right after it comes out and loot frm bosses without wasting time sitting in auction

utpal
03-21-2014, 10:51 PM

alargan boss need only 2-3hit to kill me and 1hit in rage mode.

while at lvl36 i pot only when i get hit while boss in rage mode XD.

Hiosahaf
03-21-2014, 10:56 PM

Hmm, it's not 1 hit in rage mode. It's more of 2-5% :D

Hoardseeker
03-22-2014, 01:18 AM

Elite Alargan Announcement :

Elite mode Alargan will not be susceptible to panic

Hiosahaf
03-22-2014, 01:31 AM
Elite Alargan Announcement :

Erm.. I created that thread btw Hoard :p from which you are quoting Carapace.

Edit- how is that even relevant :/

Temarichan
03-22-2014, 05:19 AM
It is the hardest. But with simple technique of range, it's not entirely impossible.

When in a party, you will definitely need a good warrior who knows his timing to use the healing shield when the dragon begins it's "enraged" state (the red circle that appears around it).

Keep your distance as far as you can. Try to use pets that give you a speed boost so that when your pulled in, you can quickly pull back out.

Roberto077
03-22-2014, 10:28 PM
I thought it was the hardest XD

It is the only boss that requires some timing strategy. Otherwise, just kite is out.

Waheedski
03-23-2014, 03:50 PM
I FEEL EPIC!!!!!

I thought let's go checkout my ol' mate Alargan and gate crash a party. Went there saw two 40 level dudes, one Mage and one warrior like moi. I the other tank level 41. We got to Alargan, I thought this guy would tear us apart, he did kinda.

Whipped out my Dawg aka KillaDawg aka Kelvin (dis guy don't let me down :)) I kited while the other guy just slugged it out and got brutally murdered a few times, the Mage was hitting hard.

My tactics where very simple, kite and avoid the red zone at all cost, stun and smash, spam pots after getting whipped, pulls me or anyone in then I activate HoR.

Problem was I don't have common sense and just a few times tried to duke it out, he slapped me about playfully then a few times one KO'd me telling me who's boss! I did the 5 plat revive and once the 1 plat revive cos was worried he'd reset, prob panicking from me :/

AND THEN WE HAZ ALARGAN ELITE TO COME!!!!!!!! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUNNNNNN