PDA

View Full Version : Megablasters are definitely too strong

dirtball
12-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Birds with the best gear don't even need skill. They just run in, take three shots and an enemy is dead. Meanwhile my bear needs to take 8-9 swings on the same enemy. I was in a Gurgox fight and one bird with complete set didn't even go for an orb. Just stood there while blast came and survived. I've been killed while having Warrior's melee pot if I don't get an orb. Maybe the megablasters need to be nerfed a bit on DPS so birds actually have to wait for a bear to aggro before running in to a room and killing everything.

StompArtist
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Birds with the best gear don't even need skill. They just run in, take three shots and an enemy is dead. Meanwhile my bear needs to take 8-9 swings on the same enemy. I was in a Gurgox fight and one bird with complete set didn't even go for an orb. Just stood there while blast came and survived. I've been killed while having Warrior's melee pot if I don't get an orb. Maybe the megablasters need to be nerfed a bit on DPS so birds actually have to wait for a bear to aggro before running in to a room and killing everything.

Perhaps it's the bear weapons that are too weak. Bears are supposed to be tanks/bulldozers, it would solve a lot if we could wield weapons that take down ennemies faster especially that Bears have no long range to speak of.

EricB
12-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Like....a Wireless FLail! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?14151-TRON-style-SuitUp!/page4) :p Or maybe hammers could do some AOE damages..

Lesrider
12-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah the problem isn't so much the birds being overpowered as bears being nerfed to the point of uselessness.

Cascade
12-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Birds CANNOT just run into a room and -BAM BAM BAM- All the aliens are dead! If you do that your bird will most likely die in about 5 seconds (Unless you can tap the pot button VERY fast.) So...no birds are not all-powerful beings....

dirtball
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I was just in a game, and on the way to OL there's the room with two mini bosses and some aliens. A complete set bird ran in by himself, started blasting away and survived no problem. At least with the bears you have to think about how to attack the enemies. I think that many people grow tired of PL because it no longer challenges them. If birds were a baseball team they would have the scores posted before the game was played, and they would win every time. Does that sound fun? People want a challenge, and the birds have it way too easy.
The bears do need more DPS, we are the only up close attackers, so we take most of the punishment, and do the least damage. I enjoy the challenge now but range has the advantage. Have you ever seen the Lord of the Rings movies? Did you sit there and hope that the archers and catapults would take out all the enemies and the warriors would just taunt them from behind the walls? That would make a pretty bad movie. NOt saying bears suck by any means, but a team of one mage and four archers is killer! Why do they need a bear to slow them down?

Cascade
12-09-2010, 02:39 PM
When I run into the alien room I usually die quickly....Idk how he managed to survived...Was he str bird?

FluffNStuff
12-09-2010, 02:43 PM
My Stomp on you is like a truck, Berserker!
Would you like to be slash struck, Berserker!
My Hammer hits you like a rock, Berserker!

(Posting everywhere I see Bears feeling sad)

chrononh
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
NOt saying bears suck by any means ...

Oh, but they do. They really really do. Playing my bear I found myself lagging behind the pallies and blaster birds that nuke everything in their paths.

My bear is not quite dead, but he is definitely pining for the Fjords.

FluffNStuff
12-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Oh, but they do. They really really do. Playing my bear I found myself lagging behind the pallies and blaster birds that nuke everything in their paths.

My bear is not quite dead, but he is definitely pining for the Fjords.

Balonia
12-09-2010, 03:09 PM

Ha fluff! But I still agree with the above posters. I don't play my bear anymore, so dang slow and useless.

chrononh
12-09-2010, 03:12 PM

Except that by the time that hammer hits, the birds and mages are halfway down the map leaving you behind with your pretty rhymes. :)

Superzarop
12-09-2010, 03:20 PM
my stomp on you is like a truck, berserker!
Would you like to be slash struck, berserker!
My hammer hits you like a rock, berserker!

(posting everywhere i see bears feeling sad)

my mind

is full of f凵ck

Fyrce
12-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Birds are not infallible. It's still good to have a good bear. As for Gurgox, he misses my bird a lot. Like most of the time, so of course, I just stand there and blast away and hope to kill him before he growls (too much). If it looks like he's lasting or if I need to hang out waiting for people to come back into room, I'll catch some orbs, but otherwise, why bother.