PDA

View Full Version : Alargan (yes again)

Hiosahaf
03-21-2014, 07:12 AM
Just a suggestion that many people are now mastering Alargan trick. Stun him, resummoun pet, repeat. Well, quite a few I know atleast.

Now I watched the hangout (which was amazing) and you said that you want to strike a balance between casual and hardcore players.

Can we please have this map as a really hard one where stun pets DON'T work on him? Or maybe he is enraged that they don't work on him in enraged mode. Something like that. This will truly be a delight then for hardcore players. Casual players? There are 4 other maps for them.

Just a suggestion :) and like I say, leave your constructive comments below

Sceazikua
03-21-2014, 07:34 AM
I think making him a very hard boss is good! If you noticed, the banner of Dragon Enclave has Arlagan's photoshoot and its everywhere in all announcement and suggestion threads ;) He has been designed to be a challenge, a real one that requires ultra teamwork to survive without twisting panic pets ;)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=66605&d=1394558452

Hiosahaf
03-21-2014, 08:28 AM
I think making him a very hard boss is good! If you noticed, the banner of Dragon Enclave has Arlagan's photoshoot and its everywhere in all announcement and suggestion threads ;) He has been designed to be a challenge, a real one that requires ultra teamwork to survive without twisting panic pets ;)

Yes!! Remove the panic option ! That will be truly a test of skills of players. Something engaging for the hardcore ones!! :D

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Limsi
03-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Yes please

keikali
03-21-2014, 09:24 AM
+1000. This is probably one of the HARDEST bosses in Tindirin.

Please make it so that NO Panic/Terror stuns of any can affect him.

What would make it more interesting if he even spawned mobs at like 50% of his HP just like how Bloodhammer did.

Rare
03-21-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm all for hard bosses. But I say let's try elite before buffing it.

Carapace
03-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Elite mode Alargan will not be susceptible to panic

Sceazikua
03-21-2014, 10:34 AM

Now lets see who gets the gear from elite Alargan first and made millions out of it when he can oneshot everyone! Its already hard in normal, Im not sure how it would be in elites ;)

Jiarijiba
03-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Many of us have his ap already, buffing him would be unfair for them who do not have it yet.

But yes, Hio has point and I am sure devs will make him hard enough for elite maps.

Carapace
03-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Many of us have his ap already, buffing him would be unfair for them who do not have it yet.

But yes, Hio has point and I am sure devs will make him hard enough for elite maps.

Correct, we will not be changing the normal version of Alargan, just the Elite version which has not yet come out

Zapix
03-21-2014, 10:42 AM
I'm all for hard fights but there also needs to be some sort of method to the madness.

Hiosahaf
03-21-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm all for hard fights but there also needs to be some sort of method to the madness.

Guess we'll figure it out soon how to tame it!

By the way, thank you Carapace for clarifying!! :)

Madnex
03-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Well it could be the first thing that actually *needs* more than one warrior around. Not bad, not bad at all!

Oh hoooold on, is it just immunity to panic? If yes, what stops us from the classic kelvin AA reset for normal stun?

Carapace
03-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Well it could be the first thing that actually *needs* more than one warrior around. Not bad, not bad at all!

Oh hoooold on, is it just immunity to panic? If yes, what stops us from the classic kelvin AA reset for normal stun?

He's already immune to stuns and staggers in normal I believe, so this is in addition to

GoodSyntax
03-21-2014, 12:03 PM
He's already immune to stuns and staggers in normal I believe, so this is in addition to

I'm assuming you mean weapon PROCs from charged attacks, because he definitely isn't immune to stuns from George and Kelvin in normal mode.

It's challenging to stay close enough to Alargan so that your pet stays engaged but that you are not exposed to his tail whiplash or enraged attacks. Walking that razors edge will be so much tougher in elite mode because I'm sure I won't be able to tank any hits from him with my Rogue. Basically, for me to successfully solo him in elite, it must be a flawless, mistake free run, which is perfectly fine by me.

I just hope that pet stun immunity isn't introduced in elites, but if it is, I would say stun/stagger/panic immunity could be a fair tradeoff for a half second of additional time before his attack cripples you after a pull. At least give us an opportunity to navigate outside of his windup when solo. Unlike the ScatterBear, slingshot style pulls of Grimnr and Inan this one is pretty devastating. Am I crazy for wanting to see elite mobs do this as well?

Carapace
03-21-2014, 01:05 PM
There will be a change that comes with the Elites that give players a little more "breathing" room when Alargan breaths his fire. It won't be easy, but it will be easier to avoid this attack.

johnsr
03-21-2014, 01:56 PM
A good team of Kelvins and a good tank will get him good :)

Instanthumor
03-21-2014, 02:02 PM
What would make it more interesting if he even spawned mobs at like 50% of his HP just like how Bloodhammer did.

1000 of those serpents please, GG!

Hiosahaf
03-22-2014, 02:15 AM
Wow didn't expect such enthusiastic responses. Thank you all for being so civilised :)

I'm assuming you mean weapon PROCs from charged attacks, because he definitely isn't immune to stuns from George and Kelvin in normal mode.

It's challenging to stay close enough to Alargan so that your pet stays engaged but that you are not exposed to his tail whiplash or enraged attacks. Walking that razors edge will be so much tougher in elite mode because I'm sure I won't be able to tank any hits from him with my Rogue. Basically, for me to successfully solo him in elite, it must be a flawless, mistake free run, which is perfectly fine by me.

I just hope that pet stun immunity isn't introduced in elites, but if it is, I would say stun/stagger/panic immunity could be a fair tradeoff for a half second of additional time before his attack cripples you after a pull. At least give us an opportunity to navigate outside of his windup when solo. Unlike the ScatterBear, slingshot style pulls of Grimnr and Inan this one is pretty devastating. Am I crazy for wanting to see elite mobs do this as well?

Yes, he is NOT immunebto stuns by George and Kelvin. Weapon proc? I think I have stunned him twice with the Targe (my eyes could be wrong too). Speaking from a warrior's perspective, we'll be using only Targe/Pavise/conquistador stuff for him (for most elites actually. I won't bring out a dev maul here). Since you can pet spam to get Ala stunned, it is wise to remove that. Weapon procs? No clue about that.

Yes it will be immensely hard (Kali will burn a lot of pots here, I bet). Although, I think this postnof Carapace does solve the issue, right?

There will be a change that comes with the Elites that give players a little more "breathing" room when Alargan breaths his fire. It won't be easy, but it will be easier to avoid this attack.

Thank you for the replies Carapace :)

Alhuntrazeck
03-22-2014, 08:12 PM
If Alargan is too hard in elites, by which I mean one must use 5-10 plat a run to revive, then I suggest adding a spawn point nearby similar to the house in Shuyal's Forest Breach. Maybe not too close so you'll waste precious seconds getting there - but close enough so that non-plat users also stand a chance!

Madnex
03-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Favorite boss so far! I keep soloing it for the challenge (beats teeth runs lol @zeus). Can't wait for the elite, so many tactics I want to try on that too. :)

VanRah
03-24-2014, 03:11 AM
If Alargan is too hard in elites, by which I mean one must use 5-10 plat a run to revive, then I suggest adding a spawn point nearby similar to the house in Shuyal's Forest Breach. Maybe not too close so you'll waste precious seconds getting there - but close enough so that non-plat users also stand a chance!

There are already in all the new maps

Uikuha
03-24-2014, 04:10 AM

Oh no..

Sorry My English

Kakashis
03-24-2014, 05:40 AM
Panic/stun immunity eh? As long as I can Dodge that crazy whim pull in effect, then I'm good. As it is, he one shot KO Arcane warriors with jug under a veil in normal mode. Hopefully a legendary geared warrior can survive a single red zone blow, otherwise we would still want panic /stun as part of our fighting strategy.

Hiosahaf
03-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Hopefully a legendary geared warrior can survive a single red zone blow, otherwise we would still want panic /stun as part of our fighting strategy.

Aye. Else I'd never be able to do this.

eugene9707
03-24-2014, 08:22 PM
hmmmm if im assuming correctly, this boss in elite drops warrior weapons :rolleyes:

well either way, im up for it, already solo him without stun pet in normal mode :D

Madnex
03-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Ok, I got news. Today I managed to solo him without shield or panic/stun/terrify. It looks like you can just run out of his red zone if you're in a certain range when he pulls? No speed buffs from elixir or pet.

Can anyone test this and tell me if it's possible to consider this a strategy or it was just strange luck? Just keep running away from the direction of the pull and never ever try to run behind him.

Hiosahaf
03-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Ok, I got news. Today I managed to solo him without shield or panic/stun/terrify. It looks like you can just run out of his red zone if you're in a certain range when he pulls? No speed buffs from elixir or pet.

Can anyone test this and tell me if it's possible to consider this a strategy or it was just strange luck? Just keep running away from the direction of the pull and never ever try to run behind him.

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Used Ribbit btw.