PDA

View Full Version : Racism in AL

Theillist1
03-21-2014, 11:16 PM
So racism is allowed in AL? All these pure indo only guilds is kinda racist dont you think? not mention Latino Twinks a pure hispanic guild What if someone makes a guild called Black Panthers, White Power or Redskins? Im sure there would be an issue... Im just saying...

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

synfullmagic_23110
03-21-2014, 11:19 PM
No, racism is not allowed just report it to STS (email them) and they should take care of it.
Also, why not just ignore it, no one is forcing you to join .There is plenty more guilds for you to join :)

Theillist1
03-21-2014, 11:23 PM
I rather stay out of a racist guild... Im just stating a fact that OTHERS are being profiled because of skin tone or what country they hail from or what language they speak... its quite clear who are the racist guilds!

Zylx
03-21-2014, 11:29 PM
If you're referring to guilds accepting players from their country, that isn't racism. It's nationalism, which is perfectly fine. Racism is usually associated with hatred of a different race, while nationalism is associated with having pride in your own country. It's perfectly fine to have a guild for your own country. But naming a guild to berate a different country or a group of people (ex: "____ Sucks") is considered a violation of the game's rules.

Doomreaper
03-22-2014, 12:36 AM
So I'm USA right? If I wanted to join Latino twinks and told them I was pure American, I wouldn't be accepted. That's not racism, it's just like how some guilds only accept paragons. If you don't fit guild reqs then don't even bother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexdroog
03-22-2014, 01:17 AM
Cool down.
We don't care about nationality, only the chat is in german
Btw, i know a greek who is in garuda indonesia.

We immediately report anyone who names himself hiitler, arian or something like that.
Racist gonna get kicked without discussion.

Sry for my bad english btw...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

elmanco
03-22-2014, 02:03 AM
If you're referring to guilds accepting players from their country, that isn't racism. It's nationalism, which is perfectly fine. Racism is usually associated with hatred of a different race, while nationalism is associated with having pride in your own country. It's perfectly fine to have a guild for your own country. But naming a guild to berate a different country or a group of people (ex: "____ Sucks") is considered a violation of the game's rules.

Dude learn history...
Btw if language isnt the same u will eventually leave because u cant communicate...
If its by country it is discrimination.

yasshh
03-22-2014, 02:10 AM
Speficic country guilds isnt a sign of racism. Its just that some people only want people of their country. Its best to communicate in your own language rather than any other. Its perfectly fine imo

Serenina
03-22-2014, 02:52 AM
According to the Oxford dictionary, racism is:

-the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races
-prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior

So as I am member of a pure German-speaking guild and I'm thinking you mixed some things up here, I'd like point out that our guild isn't recruiting germanphoning people only, for the purpose of racial segregation. We never wanted to discriminate against certain "races" or people of a different origin, but to give our members the opportunity to participate at a guild chat in their mother tongue, to facilitate their communication within the game. It's easier for us to teach them game-play and it's fun to have both: practising and improving other languages, experiencing other cultures and having fun with your first language in your guild.
Recruiting people, who are able to speak German fluently, at least are able to communicate in German decently, only aims to prevent misunderstandings.
We do not want people to feel excluded and discriminated against, since they likely won't be able to take place in "guild life" in an appropriate way.

I highly doubt that guilds like Latino Twinks, Garuda Indonesia target other goals by having similar selection criteria. I can't imagine that they want to spread racist ideas within their guild and within Arcane Legends, but rather that they want to act as meeting place in-game for people, who are connected because they are all speaking the same language.
I would suggest you to ask some of their members and/or their guild-master. For instance, I was able to meet some members of Garuda Indonesia and some of them were from Greece, others were from Colombia or Turkey.

I'm convinced that big guilds like these aren't racist, otherwise they wouldn't be so popular. I am sure that they'll remove a player, who makes racist remarks immediately. At least this is the way we use to handle with racists and other illiberal players: Zero tolerance.

If your suspicion turns out to be true nevertheless, you can still report them :) To be quite honest, this would really mess up my current view of humantiy.

mrschmidt
03-22-2014, 03:08 AM
Fyi guys. Latinos is not racist guild lmao. They have diff race in guild. Even gm is not even latino.:)

Card
03-22-2014, 03:44 AM
Report to Sts.these people....

Xeusx
03-22-2014, 03:51 AM
Report to Sts.these people....
wtf? Whats the reason for you doing report to sts?

Temarichan
03-22-2014, 05:12 AM
One of my alts used to be in a Japanese guild. They only accepted partial or full Japanese. But that isn't racist, it's because we want to speak Japanese within the guild and have some fun.

Different players are closer to other people with their nationality, which I do understand. They aren't trying to keep other nationalities out to be racist.

It may be a little difficult for Americans to understand this small feeling of family since we live in a country with diverse nationalities .

Candylicks
03-22-2014, 06:52 AM
Someone made a guild called 'Rapists' It was the only guild name I was truly saddened by. I've also never felt the country oriented guilds were discriminating it was more along the lines of using their language in gc.

Ebezaanec
03-22-2014, 07:12 AM
In the USA, we are a melting pot of cultural diversity.

Why do ethnicities cluster with each other?

First off, birds of a feather flock together. People want to hang out with those who understand the same culture, speak the same language, etc.

Secondly, it's not racism if you prefer only a specific type of player in your guild. Why? A Hispanic player may feel left out and lonely in an Asian guild. The other players speak in a foreign language and the communication barrier prevents player base from merging. Some guilds only allow certain players in order to prevent this situation. Remember, not every guild is right for everyone. Think of guilds as "clubs." Your skill or interests don't always fit in a specific club.

And finally, racism is a part of human characteristics. We all exhibit a degree of racism at one point in our lives. That may sound completely absurd, but we humans have the tendency to believe a margin of superiority exists between people. It's a sad truth in reality.

Amicusdei
03-22-2014, 09:19 AM
yet another watering down of a concept that is truly despicable.

when there is true racism, no one cares because of this type of thinking.

it absolutely destroys the meaning and the seriousness of the offense.

ever read "The boy who cried wolf" ?

Pandamoni
03-22-2014, 09:55 AM
I've tried speaking Spanish to a number of Latino twink members and they had no clue what I was talking about because (get ready for it, this is going to BLOW YOUR MIND) not all of the members are Latino! Indonesian guilds likely don't only have Indonesians, either. When you're deciding which guild to join and you join a guild called Indonesia something or other, you have a idea of a) which language will mostly be spoken there and b) what time most players will be playing. The name allows you to help form a decision about whether or not the guild will fit your play needs.

As Zylyx pointed out, it's nationalism. If someone wants to have a guild promoting pride in their country (such as his guild, American brotherhood--I wonder if that guild gets you all butt hurt too) it's perfectly fine and shouldn't offend anyone unless you're ignorant about what racism really is.

Come on, man, you're really stretching and looking for something to be upset about if you're offended by these guild names.

Temarichan
03-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Someone made a guild called 'Rapists' It was the only guild name I was truly saddened by. I've also never felt the country oriented guilds were discriminating it was more along the lines of using their language in gc.

Omg I saw that too. That's terrible....

Bayle
03-22-2014, 10:32 AM
To play devils advocate, their are guilds that say "English only in chat" you can't just put the blame on these specific guilds.

CanceriaN
03-22-2014, 10:38 AM
Its not racism... its like finding yourself in a group of people of the same kind :3
Finding yourself where you feel like you're really belong..
(like my guild is purely for Filipinos but we might consider other nations as part of it as long as it would fits nicely)
Racism occurs wether you think of it as racism.. full of negativities and ignorance on something you don't have too.

Rare
03-22-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm seriously loling at this thread. Right up there with the thread raging about biblical reference to Samael.

But, on the internet, opinions are rampant, no matter how misplaced

Anarchist
03-22-2014, 11:11 AM
So racism is allowed in AL? All these pure indo only guilds is kinda racist dont you think? not mention Latino Twinks a pure hispanic guild What if someone makes a guild called Black Panthers, White Power or Redskins? Im sure there would be an issue... Im just saying...

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk

Man if the Germans, the indos, the Italians, the Malaysians or Asians whatever they are want to stay by themselves and form a close group what is the problem? I mean there are 1000 and 1 guilds out there. I think you need to reconsider your position or simply work on your self esteem. Remember this there is no racism here, your toon has no age, colour, ethnic or language, your toon doesn't represent your history or background

woeh
03-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Ignore bottom ftw

Ihateppl
03-22-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm seriously loling at this thread. Right up there with the thread raging about biblical reference to Samael.

But, on the internet, opinions are rampant, no matter how misplaced

oh oh, post the link, i wanna rage on that thread tooooooooo.

Rare
03-22-2014, 12:21 PM
oh oh, post the link, i wanna rage on that thread tooooooooo.

Ok i was wrong. It wasnt in its own thread. It was posted in someone else's thread

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?p=1184579

Desperoto
03-22-2014, 12:45 PM
That's not rasicm, if I want to join a Dutch guild then i don't want a lot germans or english people in it.

Rare
03-22-2014, 01:11 PM
That's not rasicm, if I want to join a Dutch guild then i don't want a lot germans or english people in it.

Now, tbh, when you single out specific ethnicities, then yeah, it kind of is racist. Or at least prejudiced. I know that want what you were trying to do. Just saying

Schnitzel
03-22-2014, 01:55 PM
It isn't exactly Racism unless someone/group of people discriminate against a certain ethnicity

I'm guessing the reason some guilds only want one type of ethnicity/race is because it is easier to communicate with other guild people.

Hope that helps

xcainnblecterx
03-22-2014, 04:06 PM
I find the terms latino, and hispanic racist. We're not all hispanic or latino, we are Mexican, Spaniard, cuban, Puerto Rican, chicano, etc. When you see someone who looks "Hispanic" or "latino" there are already called one of those two and to me seems racist due to the.fact you are now categorizing us as one race. As for guilds being racist lets compare a guild named "white power" which is already in history been a racist thing compared to a guild called "latino twinks." Not as racist because there is no past history of racism affiliated with that term. Even me who finds the term lation racist knows that isnt a racist guild

Ebezaanec
03-22-2014, 04:33 PM
I find the terms latino, and hispanic racist. We're not all hispanic or latino, we are Mexican, Spaniard, cuban, Puerto Rican, chicano, etc. When you see someone who looks "Hispanic" or "latino" there are already called one of those two and to me seems racist due to the.fact you are now categorizing us as one race. As for guilds being racist lets compare a guild named "white power" which is already in history been a racist thing compared to a guild called "latino twinks." Not as racist because there is no past history of racism affiliated with that term. Even me who finds the term lation racist knows that isnt a racist guild

Well, in that case, let's abolish the term Asian. We are Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, etc.

It's just a collective term used to designate people of a similar ethnicity.

FluffNStuff
03-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Any member of an under represented group may exclude any member of an over represented group but the reverse is strictly forbidden by society. If you think this is unfair, then try being a member of an under represented group and see how fair everything else feels.

xcainnblecterx
03-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Well, in that case, let's abolish the term Asian. We are Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, etc.

Then i agree. Why should people even of the same ethnicity be categorized into one when the ethnicitys categorized in fact have different religous veiws, politics, heritage, traditions, etc. Either way its besides the topic of the post lol. Carry onward

Spyce
03-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Racism is not a joke.

Frohnatur
03-22-2014, 11:42 PM

Its not racism but at most nationalism. I am the gm of a german guild and we gather around our lanuage, not a race.

Same goes for those hispanic and inonesian guilds.

Topic closed.

Zylx
03-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Like i said before, there is a big difference between racism and nationalism. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to play with your fellow countrymen or even race. It's just when you take that love and turn it into hate by morally assaulting another person/group of people. Discrimination? Your rights aren't being hampered by the game solely because your race/country is different than everyone else's. Everyone in the game is equal. Now, if STS began giving everyone who is american or white a free arcane ring, then it would be discriminatory. But in the case of guilds, it is such a ridiculous concept to grasp that just because a guild only accepts members from their own country that they are bashing all of the other countries.

The reason i created an American-based guild was because i wanted a place for people to talk about american stuff. "Oh hey guys did you see that game last night?" "Omg did you guys here what happened in Nebraska?" type thing. In most other guilds, you'd get a "what are you talking about?". It lets people play with other fellow natives of their country, and expand their real-world conversations in the game. That is what inspired me to create my guild.

Capolista
03-22-2014, 11:52 PM
I am officer of Garuda Indonesia,

As for now we have policy to accept 10 members outside our country to join

And guess what? Some of our foreign members from Greece, Arab Emirates, Croatia are trying to communicate with us with Indonesian language via Google Translate. Eventhough we dont force them to learned Indonesian, we usually use English to have a chat with them

For the topic as well, the reason i choose to join guild with same nationality is for offline meeting purpose. If we gathered in same area where you living, it easier for us to make a guild gathering event for our member to attend in real life. Where we can discuss anything about the Arcane Legends, maybe sharing info & tips about the game.

And 1 more time, gathered with peoples with same nationality is not racist!

Rare
03-23-2014, 12:06 PM

Isn't it also funny that when people say Asian they generally exclude Indians?

Which, I guess, also validates your point.

Hiosahaf
03-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Isn't it also funny that when people say Asian they generally exclude Indians?

Ikr.. :| meh, stereotypes

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

elmanco
03-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Pfff i love when germans say "nationalism".

Fyrce
03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
It's interesting that multi-nationalism is signified by English-only.

I can understand people who log on and start speaking language A and wanting to hang out in groups that speak in language A, for the same reason I would not be comfortable in a guild whose guildchat I do not understand.

Why is this a problem?

Because someone thinks no one else should speak a language different from his/her own?

I do not understand this thread at all.

Ihateppl
03-24-2014, 02:14 PM
yeah, this is racism, my soul @.@68534

Artae
03-26-2014, 10:44 AM
I find this post to be pretty offensive really. Racism is a serious issue and using it to describe national guilds just because you are butthurt about what they did or didnt do is kinda messed up. National guilds allow players of one country to play with others from that country, as well as speak their own language. Not cuz they hate everyone else.

Serenina
03-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Pfff i love when germans say "nationalism".

Correct me if I'm wrong...
So you do think Germans are neither allowed to be proud of being German, nor allowed to have a sense of national identity?
Or maybe it's just the term "nationalism", which often has a negative connotation, especially when it comes to Germany and its history...

elmanco
03-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...
So you do think Germans are neither allowed to be proud of being German, nor allowed to have a sense of national identity?
Or maybe it's just the term "nationalism", which often has a negative connotation, especially when it comes to Germany and its history...

Its just because of history. Anyways nationalism is a way to start discrimination, seggregation and closed-minded.
And im not talking only about germans its for everyone.

Fyrce
03-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Countries and languages are not about to disappear any time soon.

Hiosahaf
03-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Its just because of history. Anyways nationalism is a way to start discrimination, seggregation and closed-minded.
And im not talking only about germans its for everyone.

1) I'm so close-minded in this modern era. I'm gonna start my own guild <Indian rollers>. I'm gonna promote nationalism and nobody else will be allowed in my guild and we hate everyone else!

2) I think I should start my own guild for my weaker Indian fellows so that we can come together properly and help each other.. maybe even meet up! I like people from other countries as well. Oh, my best friend is from USA/Netherlands! Nay, don't hate anyone. Just a friendly helpful local guild. Anyone who doesn't mind Hindi can join!

~

HVH, Latinos, etc etc ALL belong to the category of the 2nd point. I hope you get the motive of these guilds. Please do not defame Germany. It's a public forum, but berating somebody's country is a no-no. (Plus, Ich liebe Deutschland!)

Thank you, and please do not flame more. :)

Eski
03-26-2014, 02:22 PM
"The badGerman thing" awww nooo not again ... never get tiered ?

Read above

elmanco
03-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Heiso i wont even answer you...

Eskimo, if u read my other messages are not only german its the idea.

Anyone who want to be friends with same country, why segregatte the others. If u want to meet ppl same location u do and the others dont. Easy...

Dont put german in a victim position..

Hiosahaf
03-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Heiso i wont even answer you...

Eskimo, if u read my other messages are not only german its the idea.

Anyone who want to be friends with same country, why segregatte the others. If u want to meet ppl same location u do and the others dont. Easy...

Dont put german in a victim position..

My name..

Anyways, I don't think they segregate. What is segregation anyways?
- To set apart from the rest or from each other; isolate or divide.

If I join a club only for vegetarians (example), does that mean I'm being racist? It's a matter of choice, and everyone has a free will !

Meeting people at same location is exactly what these people do. Can you fit 200 members in a brackenridge map? A guild is a collection of members who have alike thoughts and intentions and approach. They have their approach, fair enough. Even my alt is in an Indian guild. I wouldn't call it "Racism".

Hio.

baddiva
03-26-2014, 07:10 PM
they are just compositing an identity, not taking the rights of other people... the right belong to the guild whether they accept someone or not. guilds are designed to be exclusive. if it is inclusive, there would be a menu where people freely choose what guild he wants to join. it's not racism or even narcissm😁

nukedwolf
03-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Guys what ganku is refering to is not the Indo guilds being racist due to there guild names nor any other national pride guilds. What he is refering to is how they treat people based on nationality in guildwars ect. I've personally seen more nationalism then I care to divulge in on this game which is why ive for the most part moved on to other games. Yes there are alot of good national pride guilds, such as indonesian legends and helden von huete. He's refering to guilds like indo allstars where u walk in they speak in indonesian and if you dont respond they begin calling you filth scum ect. I've personally been called disgusting american, american dog, us scum, plus many other degenerative names id prefer not to say incase kids are reading. The point is there is no moderation excspt when you "tattle" it shouldnt have been allowed to get to this point in the first place. Sts just assumes there chat bot system works but its doesnt, ive been muted for saying assualt. We shouldnt have to report every player with a screen shot just to see them tomorrow and go through the same routine. STS will figure it out like wow did when some little child commits suicide and the parents sue them for everything they own and are forced to sell the studio. I use to work for electronic arts and saw this one first hand im just waiting to see it happen here and sts go idk what they are talking about your honor our masking system is top notch.

Zylx
03-27-2014, 12:59 AM
Differences between racism and nationalism:

Racism:
• Favor of one's race, skin color, or ethnic background above all others.
• Includes: Caucasians, Oriental, Africans/Blacks, Hispanics, etc.
• Usually tied to hatred of a different race, skin color, or ethnic background.
• Can be responsible for hate crimes, discrimination, segregation.

Nationalism:
• Favor of one's country above all others.
• Includes: Chinese, Americans, Indians, Mexicans, Germans, etc.
• Usually tied to pride in one's own country.
• Can be responsible for some international wars due to conflicting beliefs/ways of life.

What the idea of national guilds revolve on are mainly for the positive pride approach for collecting players together based on national origin. If the members of those guilds insult, flame, berate, etc. people from another country, then it's the negative conflict approach against another group of people. This thread is far from racism. The guilds are named after countries, not named after races. There is a major difference between Caucasian and English, right? Caucasian refers to the race of white-colored people, while English refers to people of England. So there is a big difference between nationalism and racism. Dont get them confused.

Zynzyn
03-27-2014, 03:05 AM
So I'm USA right? If I wanted to join Latino twinks and told them I was pure American, I wouldn't be accepted.

Aww who told you that? Latinos Twinks is one of the oldest, most unified and strongest guild in the lvl 12-15 bracket and the members are from all over the world ( Philippines, Malaysia, India, US, Turkey, Germany, etc) . It is just named Latinos Twinks because initially the guild was started by Hispanic players. Latinos Twinks accepts every good player, no matter where you are from. You are welcome to join if you are of the required level and have the skills. :)

And coming back to the issue brought up by the thread, I think that being proud of one's own nation or culture or community and naming the guild based on this pride is not racism. A few guilds do not accept people who are not of their own country and that is acceptable because they might find it more convenient and comfortable to converse in their own language, can bond better with and relate to players who share their culture and country.

Racism is expressing a negative attitude towards a person's race. It could be name-calling based on a person's skin colour, etc. It could be verbal harassment which centers round the person's race. When you see such a thing happening, just report to sts.

Endkey
03-27-2014, 04:07 AM
Whats the prob if some people who most probably do not have English are their language makes a guild and invites other to join it...probably they feel more comfortable talking in their own language. But i agree that if you make a guild which shows down the image of a country...thats totally wrong. Btw ace hunter was only for philipinos. I had friends bossqbeatz and heneroso who helped me come in the guild. So if you have friends who can recommend you...then you have a high chance to come in guild

Topchar
03-27-2014, 04:42 AM
The Best answer is : Ignore It
Racism not just in this game, but racism is everywhere.

Anarchist
03-27-2014, 04:45 AM
LoL at this thread. :sulkiness:

It's enough. Nobody is a racist in AL.

Doomreaper
03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Aww who told you that? Latinos Twinks is one of the oldest, most unified and strongest guild in the lvl 12-15 bracket and the members are from all over the world ( Philippines, Malaysia, India, US, Turkey, Germany, etc) . It is just named Latinos Twinks because initially the guild was started by Hispanic players. Latinos Twinks accepts every good player, no matter where you are from. You are welcome to join if you are of the required level and have the skills. :)

And coming back to the issue brought up by the thread, I think that being proud of one's own nation or culture or community and naming the guild based on this pride is not racism. A few guilds do not accept people who are not of their own country and that is acceptable because they might find it more convenient and comfortable to converse in their own language, can bond better with and relate to players who share their culture and country.

Racism is expressing a negative attitude towards a person's race. It could be name-calling based on a person's skin colour, etc. It could be verbal harassment which centers round the person's race. When you see such a thing happening, just report to sts.

STOP CONTRADICTING ME

eeknoh
03-27-2014, 11:24 AM
This thread wins the award for most windows licked.

Hercules
03-27-2014, 03:38 PM
***** and****** beacuse ******* you ****** :)

Energizeric
03-27-2014, 04:27 PM
It's not like anyone can tell who you are and what you look like or where you are from in this game. So you can join any guild you want. Now if a guild speaks a certain language mostly then you are not going to like it if you don't understand what they are saying.

Now for that barkeeper that had the "no sorcerers allowed" sign, we are going to have an issue!

Glasveena
03-28-2014, 12:54 AM
Is this racism?
Said by ** frm **
This absolutely racist
She also said to me "are u a Muslim? Pls dont burn my home"
I want STS to take this case seriously
P.s ** is ***

I am not very happy with what I read from the screenshot. :(
But you might wanna take down the screenshot and erase the nick and guild you mentioned.
Report to STS support instead. They do take this kind of behaviour seriously.

Schatzness
03-28-2014, 07:19 AM
I am not very happy with what I read from the screenshot. :(
But you might wanna take down the screenshot and erase the nick and guild you mentioned.
Report to STS support instead. They do take this kind of behaviour seriously.

gladly :)

Rare
03-28-2014, 07:37 AM
I don't understand... Black or white, black people are sick, if I was black I wouldn't take any racism

Not really sure what you meant there. But it didn't sound good lol

Jig
03-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Eh didn't make sense to me neither, deleted didn't know how to say it without sounding weird :/

Crowsfoot
03-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Firstly, you are an idiot? Sorry, I couldn't prevent myself from saying that. Secondly, most of those guilds exist so that members are all in the same time zone and speak the same language. Thirdly, they are usually not exclusive. The name of ther guild is a good way to inform aspiring memberS of the general ethnicy of its members with a focus on the spoken language. I can confirm that Latino winks are not racist since I was a member (I'm American and have no Hispanic heritage). Furthermore, one of the lead officers in LT was a native of China while I was there.

Now, let me point out that there is a guild called "USA Wolfpack" based on your logic it is racist simply by having a real life group of people in its name. Names such as "KKK" or "Death to America" would be racist. However, these do not exist. Honestly, is there any better way of saying "hey we sleek the same language and have like interests" than a guild name? Think before you make wild, and false, accusations against people trying to have a good time.

Topchar
04-02-2014, 02:29 PM
LoL at this thread. :sulkiness:

It's enough. Nobody is a racist in AL.

HAHAHA right! xD

Kellhus
04-02-2014, 02:48 PM

Lmao....latino twinks being all hispanic. Mate, first off you need to get your information correct. I am long time member of LT and I can tell you for a fact that it is far from being all Latinos. In fact, most are from Philipinnes but there are many others from around the world there.
Try to be a bit more knowledgeable before making these types of comments. Uninformed statements lead to ignorant misconceptions and hate. After all, maybe a guild called red necks might suit you, who knows, I wouldnt complain.

Oh, and why in the world would you want to join a guild that you don't speak their language unless you were keen to learn it???? This is just a dumb thread and should be closed.

Kellhus
04-02-2014, 02:51 PM
So I'm USA right? If I wanted to join Latino twinks and told them I was pure American, I wouldn't be accepted. That's not racism, it's just like how some guilds only accept paragons. If you don't fit guild reqs then don't even bother

This is bunch of BS. you are misinformed. LT isnt all latino, we wouldnt accept you bc you dont meet our reqs not bc your nationality. For the record, Im American, living in Australia for many years... None of which is latino, but.... habla espanol, muy poco.

Kellhus
04-02-2014, 03:00 PM

Im sorry, were you rejected from these guilds? Booted? Ganged? Didnt meet reqs? Beat as a puppy?
Do you need a hug or were you just bored when you thought youd start this thread?

borix
04-03-2014, 03:54 AM
I am in the guild Black Dragon. We are not racist because we accept all colors (even blue ones like me). However you do have to be a dragon... no humans allowed. So maybe we are a bit speciesist but that's a different discussion.

Theillist1
07-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Guys what ganku is refering to is not the Indo guilds being racist due to there guild names nor any other national pride guilds. What he is refering to is how they treat people based on nationality in guildwars ect. I've personally seen more nationalism then I care to divulge in on this game which is why ive for the most part moved on to other games. Yes there are alot of good national pride guilds, such as indonesian legends and helden von huete. He's refering to guilds like indo allstars where u walk in they speak in indonesian and if you dont respond they begin calling you filth scum ect. I've personally been called disgusting american, american dog, us scum, plus many other degenerative names id prefer not to say incase kids are reading. The point is there is no moderation excspt when you "tattle" it shouldnt have been allowed to get to this point in the first place. Sts just assumes there chat bot system works but its doesnt, ive been muted for saying assualt. We shouldnt have to report every player with a screen shot just to see them tomorrow and go through the same routine. STS will figure it out like wow did when some little child commits suicide and the parents sue them for everything they own and are forced to sell the studio. I use to work for electronic arts and saw this one first hand im just waiting to see it happen here and sts go idk what they are talking about your honor our masking system is top notch.

This is 100% of what Im talking about.

ClumsyCactus
07-20-2014, 07:48 PM
boy, i remember this thread... Dont start again please...
Also, #necro

Xeusx
07-20-2014, 07:51 PM
This is 100% of what Im talking about.

Gan, You actually necro-ed the thread

boy, i remember this thread... Dont start again please...
Also, #necro
Agreed.

OMG, how much peoples start to necro old threads?!?

ClumsyCactus
07-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Gan, You actually necro-ed the thread

Agreed.

OMG, how much peoples start to necro old threads?!?

Especially these kind threads are the ones that should not be Necroed...
These ones that is a big mess of people fighting...

Rhaindra
07-20-2014, 09:40 PM
Calm down mann.. I am Indo from The Golden Army Indonesia.

-----Sorry for my English-----

Ishtmeet
07-21-2014, 02:14 AM
This thread.. Lol it was made ages ago

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Gensin
07-21-2014, 02:36 AM
I've tried speaking Spanish to a number of Latino twink members and they had no clue what I was talking about because (get ready for it, this is going to BLOW YOUR MIND) not all of the members are Latino! Indonesian guilds likely don't only have Indonesians, either. When you're deciding which guild to join and you join a guild called Indonesia something or other, you have a idea of a) which language will mostly be spoken there and b) what time most players will be playing. The name allows you to help form a decision about whether or not the guild will fit your play needs.

As Zylyx pointed out, it's nationalism. If someone wants to have a guild promoting pride in their country (such as his guild, American brotherhood--I wonder if that guild gets you all butt hurt too) it's perfectly fine and shouldn't offend anyone unless you're ignorant about what racism really is.

Come on, man, you're really stretching and looking for something to be upset about if you're offended by these guild names.

True!
I have friends in latino that are Pilipino, Indian and EVEN Japanese.

Jig
07-21-2014, 06:20 AM
Straya mate

Why necro :(

fiftyonecents
07-21-2014, 03:32 PM
wtf? Whats the reason for you doing report to sts?

what does wtf mean?

fiftyonecents
07-21-2014, 03:36 PM
I don't see any evidence of racism at this current time. why would you even begin to question this ///specific /// guilds people like to be with others of there kind , who have similar interests , or share the same culture as they do. Its not racism at hand its more like a vip club for specific ppl who are //interested// in joining. please don't try to spark up some crazy racism conspiracy here on such a fun game that I enjoy everyday for the past 6 months. thanks.

halcyon441
07-21-2014, 03:58 PM
This thread.. Lol it was made ages ago

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk
Lmao wow like 10 days that's really old...

tharidom
07-21-2014, 04:03 PM

3-21-2014 is 10 days ago were in the name of god do u live?

Bunny♥
07-21-2014, 07:11 PM

isnt it read as march 21, 2014? what month are we now btw? lol

halcyon441
07-21-2014, 07:49 PM

3-21-2014 is 10 days ago were in the name of god do u live?
Probably a better place then you

halcyon441
07-21-2014, 07:52 PM

isnt it read as march 21, 2014? what month are we now btw? lol
Clearly July, because it's winter

Seoratrek
07-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Hey guys,

Just FYI, we have a zero tolerance for any form of racism here. However, people have a right to be selective of who they would like to join their guild. There is a fine line between being selective and being racist. As long as it stays friendly, there is no issue. If you see something objectionable in game, please send us an email to support@spacetimestudios.com. I'm going to close this now since it is an older thread and is prone to going non-constructive (preemptive close).

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks! :)