PDA

View Full Version : Does Scorch need a change?

Zynzyn
03-21-2014, 11:30 PM
I am trying to convince myself to like this pet that I bought in excitement as soon as it came because it was so cute. I just cant find out what about him would make me like and use him more. I find myself using Malison and Haze more than I use him. I like Malison's str and Haze's passive ability more than Scorch's, and perhaps that is why. And why should it be so? He is a mythic pet, that people spent 250 plats for and why should he not be better than legendaries?

Scorch''s only saving-grace trait is supposedly its Arcane Ability shield and this shield would have been fine if it did shield against damage until it wore off but no. It gives me a bit of damage reduction but is that amount of damage reduction really useful in the face of the damage we get in a clash? The shield lasts for mere 1-2-3 seconds in a fight and during that apparently awesome state of being "shielded" under a lovely golden bubble, the truth is that I still take damage. So this shield looks good on paper but isnt really a big deal.

What do people think about Scorch's passive ability? Personally, it dampens my spirit to see his very ordinary passive ability. I dont understand why a mythic pet was given a Guapo-like passive ability. A ranged attack would have been better, imo.

Everyday I do try to use Scorch and find ways of liking him, but I feel my plats remain wasted if he is not modified and made better than legendary pets. Currently there are a lot of legendary pets that most people would choose over Scorch. *For instance, lets compare Scorch costing 250 plat with Shadowlurk costing 90 plat.*

Scorch *Mythic* - 20 primary stats, 12 % crit, 160 mana, mana regen with a buggy AA shield that still enables the user to take damage while it is on AND the very negligible passive ability akin to Guapo's.

Shadowlurk *Legendary* - 20 primary stats, 20% crit and 20% damage with AA activated, 100 mana and a ranged attack that damages 3 enemies causing "triple damage".

This makes the meaning of 'Legendary' and 'Mythic' seem like a joke.. :) I wonder who approved these stats while these pets were being designed. Scorch definitely needs a change/buff for it to be a MYTHIC pet.

[ Also, I would like to request devs to please include / show Arcane Ability and Passive Ability information of pets on the pet-list in the stable so that buyers know what they are getting before putting in their plats blindly. ]

Froxanthar
03-22-2014, 12:15 AM
Agree. They need to change Scorch AA a little bit to be compatible with Warrior or others. Having a shield that only last for less than 1 second is not a good thing to be with.

Älä'ã Ðärk Røsê
03-22-2014, 01:41 AM
Totally agree. If it wasn't for his speed he wouldn't be used at all, my personal opinion.
Shield is useless. If it showed in the list his arcane ability it would still make people buy it, shield sounds awesome , as a matter of fact it sound more op than it actually is.
Thank you for posting this , I hope they do something about it.

Orageunas
03-22-2014, 02:49 AM
They should make scroch AA that it reduces 50% damage for 6 secs... this wouldnt be op in my opinion.

grumpy
03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
They should make scroch AA that it reduces 50% damage for 6 secs... this wouldnt be op in my opinion.

I like this suggestion more than its actual ability. However, I would suggest making its ability something along the lines of +MAX HP for 6-8 seconds like at lvl41 you get +1550HP for 6 seconds, which to me is more useful as a damage buffer.

Ravager
03-22-2014, 02:37 PM

I like this suggestion more than its actual ability. However, I would suggest making its ability something along the lines of +MAX HP for 6-8 seconds like at lvl41 you get +1550HP for 6 seconds, which to me is more useful as a damage buffer.

Ill take either one. The current AA is flashy but useless.

Serancha
03-24-2014, 10:28 AM
It needs damage. A pet without % damage is second-rate these days.

Kakashis
03-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Agree, the need to at minimum fix it's shielding to what it was originally stated to be by a Dev. As it is, then shield is weak and doesn't even fully protect when on.

Zorin
03-24-2014, 04:02 PM
See, this is why "Devs" shouldn't reveal the stat's to players until after the update!

Hectororius
03-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Now that scorches passive received the armor reduction buff at lvl 40 he's much more useful compared to his lvl 30 self. I use him during boss fights where he's only got one target to worry about and the speed helps my warrior get out of danger while giving squishes that lil extra help with the shield.

He's still a marginal mythic pet at best though. He either needs to do a bit more with his happiness bonus (damage reduction or Dodge) or do more with his arcane (stronger party buffs or better shield).

As for haze and shadowlurk, they are definitely worth the 90 plat along with their other 90 plat counterparts.

Kakashis
03-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Now that scorches passive received the armor reduction buff at lvl 40 he's much more useful compared to his lvl 30 self. I use him during boss fights where he's only got one target to worry about and the speed helps my warrior get out of danger while giving squishes that lil extra help with the shield.

He's still a marginal mythic pet at best though. He either needs to do a bit more with his happiness bonus (damage reduction or Dodge) or do more with his arcane (stronger party buffs or better shield).

As for haze and shadowlurk, they are definitely worth the 90 plat along with their other 90 plat counterparts.

Still, Scorch's shielding should work as originally stated!

Froxanthar
03-27-2014, 02:59 AM
Scorch AA completely useless in new elites :3

leonardtbbt
03-27-2014, 07:32 PM
totally agree with u Zynzyn i think scroch need a little change about his AA or maybe his STATS cuse his shields is useless even on pvp maps the only dmg u can reduced its a normal atack or perhabs just one skill i think he need a little BUFF fromSTS i hope STS listen this cuse, 250 plats on him its kinda waste of plats =(

RDX
03-28-2014, 03:10 PM
What shield? R u talking about that sexy golden bubble :3 .it looks gud.i use that when i m bored.

Toy
03-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Agree, maybe like 5 seconds absorption rather than damage taken

Candylicks
03-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Someone said the shield is worth like one and half health pots.. hehe. Total waste in elites as a pet.

Jenvy
03-29-2014, 01:44 AM
Scorch would be fine as Legendary. But it's not Legendary. It's Mythic.

I understand not wanting to make a 250 plat pet OP, but seeing how fast the shield breaks, the lack of %damage, and the lack of multiple stats, it really does need a strong buff. Right now, TBH, I feel like Malison is a better pet, and that's just not right.

Here are some suggestions to make Scorch viable, but not OP.

Either:

A) rework the arcane ability to provide a minimum period of invulnerability to the pet owner (maybe 2 seconds), the way other shields do.
B) +25 to all stats instead of +20 primary and 180 mana (not asking for much here)
C) +8% damage

With any of these changes, it would still be pretty crappy, but considerably less crappy.

Froxanthar
03-29-2014, 04:03 AM
Scorch would be fine as Legendary. But it's not Legendary. It's Mythic.

I understand not wanting to make a 250 plat pet OP, but seeing how fast the shield breaks, the lack of %damage, and the lack of multiple stats, it really does need a strong buff. Right now, TBH, I feel like Malison is a better pet, and that's just not right.

Here are some suggestions to make Scorch viable, but not OP.

Either:

A) rework the arcane ability to provide a minimum period of invulnerability to the pet owner (maybe 2 seconds), the way other shields do.
B) +25 to all stats instead of +20 primary and 180 mana (not asking for much here)
C) +8% damage

With any of these changes, it would still be pretty crappy, but considerably less crappy.

You there, genius!

n19one
03-29-2014, 04:25 AM
I always try to like him but I cant.. many legendaries pets still better over scorch. So I leave him at lvl 33 and never use him anymore except as an alt to my whim for run only in battlefield direct to the boss.. Yeah I hope this 250 plats mythic pet not make me disappointed but it did. Even Shadowlurk seems better than this pet

Toy
03-29-2014, 05:49 AM
Shield needs to be improved. I hope STS have something to say

grumpy
04-04-2014, 11:43 AM
I wonder if DMG to the shield takes into account the user's armor. Maybe it should ? Because the reason it dissapears so fast cause the incoming DMG probably isn't reduced in any way. Like a mythic warrior may only take 500 DMG from an elite mob regular attack but if he was naked would probably take 5000+ DMG. Making shield calculate DMG taken after armor calculations would certainly extend its use. Mages Arcane shield takes into account armor, why not scorch? But my point is moot if this isn't the case. I haven't tested but the shield feels like that.

Kakashis
04-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Shield sucks as it is. Instant off

Temarichan
04-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Yes I agree that the sheild is probably the main problem. Seems like one hit immediately breaks it, and the mechanism isn't very well understood in my part. Otherwise, if this change were to occur, scorch would have some potential.

Tendirin
04-04-2014, 08:03 PM
well i like scorch

Hiosahaf
04-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Buff singe ok ty

Tendirin
04-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Shield is fine But its your opinion man

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Tendirin

Serancha
04-07-2014, 07:22 AM
This is the only pet I regret buying. It is a terrible disappointment and utterly useless at end game.

Ps Tenderin you can stop trolling any time, it's pointless and unnecessary, detracting from valid points that the devs really need to see.

Zynzyn
04-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Buff singe ok ty

If you have nothing valid to say on the topic, please dont use this thread to post trolling comments which are totally not related to the topic. It will be much appreciated. Ty.

Hiosahaf
04-07-2014, 12:52 PM
If you have nothing valid to say on the topic, please dont use this thread to post trolling comments which are totally not related to the topic. It will be much appreciated. Ty.

Ummm.. trolling? Please get your facts right about trolling. Simply quoting a harmless comment doesn't make you anything.

Singe= Arcane. Needs buff MORE than Scorch. Why? Because last time I checked, Arcane> Mythic. So before Scorch, Singe.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Zynzyn
04-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Singe= Arcane. Needs buff MORE than Scorch. Why? Because last time I checked, Arcane> Mythic. So before Scorch, Singe.

Hiosa, make a thread then, stating in detail why you want it. That will be helpful to you and to devs to look into your issue. Some of us are really facing some trouble with the scorch shield. Invading a thread with comments not related to the issue and detracting from the topic is just bad manners.

Serancha
04-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Also, everyone who has Scorch paid platinum for him. Their investment of real money is worthless as the pet stands now, unless they are twinks. Scorch should be a priority for a fix. 250 plat is a lot of money for many of us, and as such, we expect to get what we pay for. This is not it.

Hiosahaf
04-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Hiosa, make a thread then, stating in detail why you want it. That will be helpful to you and to devs to look into your issue. Some of us are really facing some trouble with the scorch shield. Invading a thread with comments not related to the issue and detracting from the topic is just bad manners.

Sheesh it was just a harmless comment with a few words.. yes scorch is a dumb whelp, but so is Singe. I'm out, was in a bad mood, sorry for that rude thingy.

Just consider that comment as a free bump ;)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Xhenena
04-08-2014, 02:30 PM
I like scorch for farming. Helps me get to boss faster. But i do admit the shield is up and i still take damage. Maybe keeping shield up for 8 s but reduce armor would be great or convert that damage into mana. I would say healing but then warrior would be invincible for 8 to 10 s with his buff

Kakashis
04-08-2014, 02:38 PM
Scorch shielding is a gimmick. Needs to Las longer or be a true 100% absorb

grumpy
04-09-2014, 09:35 PM
yeah I really regret spending 250 plat (~$20?) for Scorch. He really need a priority update. Please Devs, change his AA, make it into anything else that is remotely useful!

Nawmsayin
04-10-2014, 02:35 AM
Scorch is not that bad as of right now. If AA shield was improved to take slightly more damage that would be ok, but 50% damage reduction for 6 seconds? That would be awesome! Maybe too awesome, I'd use it all day. IMO the shield gives you an extra second of survival, a lot can happen in one second. Example: you can run and spam pots in PVE or in PVP chances of getting One-shouted by a rogue are lower.

Before the elite maps were reintroduced, I was a rogue without shadow piercer, and on the third map of tindirin, I had to use scorch's AA when i got pulled in. I didn't always get the shield up in time, but when i did it saved me from a death. :)

Goodhabbit
05-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Scorch is good right now especially for mage, i think. When i was farming in km3, I really hate harley. Even I am wearing mythic set he always do 1 hit. But because of scorch, His AA saved me from death and because of that I did got 3 locks from those 3 bosses. For me scorch AA is just okay but it do really need a little boost on his stat or in his AA especially that shield is really not wroking what it said on his AA. 50% damge reduction for 6 sec. That would be nice :)