PDA

View Full Version : Demise of Singe

famousfame
03-22-2014, 11:10 AM
OK guys lets talk about singe and his apparent demise from being OP on release to now being so so and cheaper then whim. No other arcane pet has had such a dramatic fall from grace not even whim dropped down so severely. This pet needs some urgent care and attention from STS with some buffs urgently required, Originally singe was nerfed as its stats were considered to OP, So firstly It needs a buff to its original planned stats, Secondly it could do with some extra buff on its attacks as it hits are very weak, And lastly it could do with some extra oomph on its stun.

New levels are very hard with bosses from lvl2 onwards pretty tough, I can only imagine what elites are going to be like so plz sts take a look at whats going on with singe and wave your magic wand.
Kind regards
Fame.

Ravager
03-22-2014, 02:36 PM
I hope and wish. Going back to its original stats would be too strong at twink levels perhaps. Change that 40 percent stun to 80 to 100 percent stun. The cooldown is already long. In pvp, there is stun immunity so it wouldnt be OP in pvp. In pve, we already have 100 percent stun pets such as george and kelvin. Sure its only 1 enemy stun but keep in mind this pet is arcane and the cooldown is long.

famousfame
03-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Agree with you ravager, however sam is already OP at twink levels and increased buff for singe would make little difference to that, We need original planned stats for singe and increase on stun or terrify chance.

Solid
03-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Its not popular because of the nonexistent crit.

Spell
03-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Just add crits and it would be perfect =) oh and perhaps 60%stun because we all know how 40% in sts terms is like -15% chance to stun hehe

Other than that its a pretty nice pet.

Kakashis
03-24-2014, 10:34 AM
If I could only have one Arcane pet it would never be Singe. Stats alone don't make u op. It's the abilities and the AA specialty. IMO the only ability that can surpass Samuel is shadow clones of yourself and Singe doesn't so more than a wide range deary. I would take glacian or hammerjaw over Singe.

Limsi
03-24-2014, 10:39 AM
I'd like to see its previous stats returning; i'll also take a crit boost any time of the day. I do hope sts reconsiders this

Zorin
03-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Yeah, this is why we need "devs" to test these pets not just "players". I like how STS is very close and always listening to player feedback but for future pets/gear and other platinum updates, you should limit what players can "influence". For example, if they stats are OP on a pet, well it's because STS has a reason and no player can ever know that reason therefore they shouldn't have the "power" to change things right there because they don't fully understand/know where STS is heading.

Players will always try and change things if they see something they cannot handle because they are afraid. All you PvP players need to stop hurting platinum sales/improvements/updates with your delusions; y'all bunch of whiners not warriors.

We don't know how tough the elites are going to be and if they are, maybe Singe was designed to be OP for this reason.

#ReturnVanillaSinge!

Limsi
03-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Yeah, this is why we need "devs" to test these pets not just "players". I like how STS is very close and always listening to player feedback but for future pets/gear and other platinum updates, you should limit what players can "influence". For example, if they stats are OP on a pet, well it's because STS has a reason and no player can ever know that reason therefore they shouldn't have the "power" to change things right there because they don't fully understand/know where STS is heading.
[/B]
Players will always try and change things if they see something they cannot handle because they are afraid. All you PvP players need to stop hurting platinum sales/improvements/updates with your delusions; y'all bunch of whiners not warriors.

We don't know how tough the elites are going to be and if they are, maybe Singe was designed to be OP for this reason.

#ReturnVanillaSinge!

Exactly!

Ravager
03-24-2014, 07:12 PM
Just add crits and it would be perfect =) oh and perhaps 60%stun because we all know how 40% in sts terms is like -15% chance to stun hehe

Other than that its a pretty nice pet.

Haha too funny.

falmear
03-25-2014, 02:24 AM
Singe's stun doesn't work as well because of stun immunity. They can give you 100% stun and it will still be 0% chance because of stun immunity. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe stuns can be dodged. If they added crit to Singe it would be way too OP. Whim is good because of speed + damage and its arcane. It works great on some maps, and I have been using Whim exclusively to farm teeth. In PvE I wouldn't know where to use Singe to be honest In PvP, Samael will always be tops for a mage. They probably can go back to the original stats but I don't agree with adding crit. He's already the highest damage pet.

Kakashis
03-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Singe's stun doesn't work as well because of stun immunity. They can give you 100% stun and it will still be 0% chance because of stun immunity. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe stuns can be dodged. If they added crit to Singe it would be way too OP. Whim is good because of speed + damage and its arcane. It works great on some maps, and I have been using Whim exclusively to farm teeth. In PvE I wouldn't know where to use Singe to be honest In PvP, Samael will always be tops for a mage. They probably can go back to the original stats but I don't agree with adding crit. He's already the highest damage pet.

I've seen some people use the AA with singe, and then switch it out to another pet in PVE haha, they want the buff but not the base stats xD

falmear
03-26-2014, 02:16 PM
I've seen some people use the AA with singe, and then switch it out to another pet in PVE haha, they want the buff but not the base stats xD

His buff is the same as Deary, so if you don't use it for the base stats then I don't know why you'd buy him. Because the best thing about Singe is his base stats. If you want to buff yourself/party Shiloh maybe a better option (+40 STR for 8 seconds). Without naming names, I've seen someone do this in PvP.

Hiosahaf
04-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Bump. That dragon is going for too low a price in the traders market!

keikali
04-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Surprising that this was all hyped up and now its going less than 10M.

Zeus
04-04-2014, 02:29 AM
This is what happens when you give in to whiners. People wanted to protect their precious Samael investments. It's disappointing, really. I was really hoping for another pet I could use other than Samael.

Limsi
04-04-2014, 02:32 AM
This is what happens when you give in to whiners. People wanted to protect their precious Samael investments. It's disappointing, really. I was really hoping for another pet I could use other than Samael.

STG should really stick with their original plans and not give in to what consensus dictates. It's funny how a sheer number of players complained how Op singe was yet when the arcane ring was released, no one complained. :/

I hope STG reconsiders

keikali
04-04-2014, 07:35 AM

STG should really stick with their original plans and not give in to what consensus dictates. It's funny how a sheer number of players complained how Op singe was yet when the arcane ring was released, no one complained. :/

I hope STG reconsiders

I actually was looking to pick up another red pet, lol@redpetskei and either this or Whim was going to be it. All I have heard is all the Singe owners have remorse purchasing or opening it. The Arcane Pet of THE SEASON and EXPANSION is not living up to what it is.

My suggestion is to give back its ORIGINAL stats and then throw in some Crit % like Sam's

notfaded1
04-04-2014, 09:00 AM
I concur adding crit wouldn't be right and would be way off balance... Some of the new mobs seem to have stun immunity it seems making stun effectively useless. Hmmm... Whim on the new maps... ur right the speed is awesome and sure would help when escaping from some boss red zones.

baddiva
04-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Lol... What a samael dependant thread...

Pentavia
04-05-2014, 02:15 AM
I think that Singe should be the new top arcane pet, Samael already had his reign for quite a while.

Deadroth
04-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Agree with above. :) Singe should be slightly better than samael.

Slappityslap
04-05-2014, 05:43 AM
Just scale pet stats with your current level and the problem with twinks is done and buried. Like +5 +10 +15 to your primary stat and so on. When you cap, you get the highest boost from the pet. Catch my drift?

Then sts makes endgame pvp to only capped players so no 40s can whine about being killed because you had op pet.

falmear
04-06-2014, 03:31 AM
Here is the original stats:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60316&d=1391040062

Going back to the original stats isn't going to make any difference on the price. Singe only lost -5 STR, -5 DEX & -5 INT. You are telling me if they add these stats back then he doubles in value and suddenly becomes OP? The only class which Singe is really good for is warriors. For every other class there is some down side. Specifically the lacking of crit, panic and health/mana regen. You give up Samael you lose 10% crit for me thats huge. So if going back to the original stats is going to make people happy then I'm for that but it won't change anything in terms of price and demand. Also I hope they nerf Samael's banish. Too many people abuse this in PvE and this may be the one thing which may cause Singe's price to go up.

Pentavia
04-06-2014, 10:31 PM
It would be very nice to see Singe with the stats of Samael, but yeah that will never happen XD Though I really am hoping STG will buff Singe in the future, and will put him into his rightful place as the arcane pet of the season

keikali
04-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Reverting Singe back to its Original Stats before the release nerf along with giving him some Crit % or even movement % would be a great addition. And no its not going to increase your prices by ten fold.

I have Singe ONLY for my Warrior which has helped greatly in PvE Tanking. Would love to see some buffs to the Arcane Pet of the season.

Limsi
04-07-2014, 07:28 AM
@falmear I agree that there won't be any rise in price even if the original stats were implemented again; I guess a little touch to the crit department would be appreciated. I might be blinded with my own selfish desires so feel free to fill me in what you have to say about it. Thanks!

falmear
04-07-2014, 08:51 PM
@falmear I agree that there won't be any rise in price even if the original stats were implemented again; I guess a little touch to the crit department would be appreciated. I might be blinded with my own selfish desires so feel free to fill me in what you have to say about it. Thanks!

They should drop 4% damage reduction and replace it with 5% crit or replace it with a speed boost. 4% damage reduction isn't useful for any class but warriors. Then you combine that on top of +40 STR (or +45 STR with original stats), for a warrior that can means they can take more damage. But you can see why Singe is the way Singe is given how elites are. Go back to this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135893-Regarding-Singe-the-new-Arcane-Pet

Other reasons the stats feel a bit high is also tied to the release of the new expansion coming soon. With the itemization changes coming into play to help build out future content, this little guy can help make up some of the notable difference in gear through the initial parts of the Dragon Enclave expansion.

My first reaction was, I need an arcane pet to help me play the next expansion? So when I read this I knew next season would be very hard. And I can tell you I am dancing like a fool every run trying not to be one shot with varying degrees of success. And I have seen rogues with Singe get one shot by an elite mob (not a boss). So the 4% damage reduction is not helping mages or rogues. This is like Whim's dodge, not very useful. And should be replaced with something else. But since its been out there for so long, someone will get mad if they drop it. If I was a warrior I would get Singe because I see it as a tanking pet. For a mage I can't see any use for Singe. I'd rather use Whim or Samael. When designing arcane pets they need to consider how these stats apply to each class. If it only really benefits 1/3rd of the player base, then in my opinion its not designed very well.

keikali
04-08-2014, 08:51 AM
They should drop 4% damage reduction and replace it with 5% crit or replace it with a speed boost. 4% damage reduction isn't useful for any class but warriors. Then you combine that on top of +40 STR (or +45 STR with original stats), for a warrior that can means they can take more damage. But you can see why Singe is the way Singe is given how elites are. Go back to this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135893-Regarding-Singe-the-new-Arcane-Pet

My first reaction was, I need an arcane pet to help me play the next expansion? So when I read this I knew next season would be very hard. And I can tell you I am dancing like a fool every run trying not to be one shot with varying degrees of success. And I have seen rogues with Singe get one shot by an elite mob (not a boss). So the 4% damage reduction is not helping mages or rogues. This is like Whim's dodge, not very useful. And should be replaced with something else. But since its been out there for so long, someone will get mad if they drop it. If I was a warrior I would get Singe because I see it as a tanking pet. For a mage I can't see any use for Singe. I'd rather use Whim or Samael. When designing arcane pets they need to consider how these stats apply to each class. If it only really benefits 1/3rd of the player base, then in my opinion its not designed very well.

I picked this up mainly for the tanking abilities it can provide to my Warrior. I'd be pretty irate if they dropped the DR %, then again like you have mentioned its too far in the game where they would make such a big change. I have a Rogue guildie who popped one and capped it, he REGRETS ever doing so. I would rather prefer Whims also on my Mage rather than the Singe. It lacks the Crit my Sam provides my Mage and even a movement boost that Whim would give me. And I'm looking at this from strictly a PvE standpoint.

I suggest that they should revert back to the Original Stats and then throw the following on it: Crit % or Movement % and some Armor like Abaddon or Prance has. Again I'm looking at this from a PvE standpoint.

Jimtoad
04-08-2014, 09:10 AM
there only thing makes singe bad its the passive ability.....

Carapace
04-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Not sure what changes we are going to make just yet if any, however if we do there will not be a swapping of primary passive bonuses. Removing DR to add Crit for example is subjective, and changes the entire feel of the pet. Very dangerous, so any changes that are made will be buffing/adding potentially of stats but not a removal or change in the primary purpose of the pet.

He's being used by a lot of warriors, as he should be because of the 4% DR tanking in Elites, but he probably does need some attention for the other classes. We will take a look, discuss, and see what we think may work. This of course is not a promise that he WILL change, but rather that we are acknowledging the concern, and will take this feedback into consideration.

Thanks everyone!

Zeus
04-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Not sure what changes we are going to make just yet if any, however if we do there will not be a swapping of primary passive bonuses. Removing DR to add Crit for example is subjective, and changes the entire feel of the pet. Very dangerous, so any changes that are made will be buffing/adding potentially of stats but not a removal or change in the primary purpose of the pet.

He's being used by a lot of warriors, as he should be because of the 4% DR tanking in Elites, but he probably does need some attention for the other classes. We will take a look, discuss, and see what we think may work. This of course is not a promise that he WILL change, but rather that we are acknowledging the concern, and will take this feedback into consideration.

Thanks everyone!

Thank you for looking into it, Carapace, we really appreciate it!

keikali
04-08-2014, 11:56 AM

Thanks everyone!

Legit!

Xpolosion
04-14-2014, 01:52 AM
Please just figure something out so all classes have use for him and all the singe haters. Shut up. This is like making a new arcane weapon but the old one still better..

Pentavia
04-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Adding a crit buff would at least make Singe very usable to other classes apart from warriors.

hakoom7
04-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Not sure what changes we are going to make just yet if any, however if we do there will not be a swapping of primary passive bonuses. Removing DR to Crit for example is subjective, and changes the entire feel of the pet. Very dangerous, so any changes that are made will be buffing/adding potentially of stats but not a removal or change in the primary purpose of the pet.

Thanks everyone!

I can assure you that hes completely useless for rouges, I mean of course hes status means super damage but after many many tests I just realised valking or mallison are much more effective than singe for rouges.

Its simple just either make his stun as annoying as samael stun in pvp or his crit as op as samael. Seriously no wonder samael price been high for long time, high crit, high status, amazing stun and, of course amazing look ;)

Not asking for much, just one thing and I pray its crit :)
We would APPRECIATE it

fixsinge
04-21-2014, 08:20 AM
fix singe please.

will0
04-21-2014, 06:20 PM
We need Critical buff on Singe for Mage class to use please consider changing it 4% DR tanking in Elite is not useful for other class apart Warrior.

fixsinge
04-22-2014, 09:15 AM
fix pls

epicrrr
04-23-2014, 09:45 AM
+ prim stat will be the best acceptable change to it, adding crit or mana regen will make this a god pet for low level.

Dehydration
05-17-2014, 12:11 AM
I don't think that Singe needs it's stats before since Singe already has a huge boost to primary stats. Just a
Little more % on stun or perhaps turn that stun into high chance of terrify/panic then it would be a nice Arcane
pet to have. Since the buff of Singes AA is 13-14 seconds, it should be 15 seconds instead.

The cool down doesn't Need to be lowered since the buff adds a lot to your stats already, we don't need a pet that gives 50/primary stat for an extremely long time since without the AA we have +40/primary stat. To make it a little more OP,
it would be nice to add +5 to all stats EXCEPT your primary stats in the Arcane Ability instead of the Base stats. So if all these changes happen, the stats of singe would look like: +30/primary stat +10/all stats, 12% damage, damage reduced by 4%
Arcane ability: high chance to panic, ignite enemy, buffs 15/all stats except primary stats and buff 10 to primary stats.
With arcane ability the stats would be +50/primary stat +25/other stats. I think that these are the changes that need to be implemented.

Twomucho
05-18-2014, 07:44 AM
Feel free to change him, but singe is a very helpful asset to a team, and frankly with Mage he adds enough to help keep you alive in those elite arrow fields. But who am I to say, just a lowly Mage that can tell a big difference when swapping to other pets in elites...I'll keep my singe out, never been one to jump on a bandwagon anyway, have no thoughts on pvp and singe, but that's bc my singe is allergic to the drama;)

Titanium
05-18-2014, 08:58 AM
It will be very cool if Singe had a passive stun like Prance

Jonnymaynard
05-31-2014, 09:09 AM
Heya Guys , i think its up to me to rescue singes reputation lol.
Im a singe owner myself, and im pretty happy about it since im a warrior :) He is really beast in pve and has some use in clashes too.
I dont understand other classes whining about it, because im sure u checked his stats before buying/opening the egg.Bringing singe back to
his former stats change little to the usefullness for ur class.
Fixing singe isnt the real problem ( of course i would like something like armor reduce on the arcane too ^^),
the problem is just the Opness of Samael, wich is where your fixing screams came from. Unless they make Singe a samael Clone
there is no way for him to be so usefull in pvp like sam. The one thing that needs to be fixed is that stun immunity should
also work on terrify/panic. Whoever has enough sams ( or even slags) to stunlock wins the clash , its so pointless.
The new arcane pet S&S will change nothing about that fact :)

epicrrr
06-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Singe got judged before it's even released thus we will never know if the original stats were even OP in the first place.

#Jark
06-04-2014, 04:03 AM
Really what is needed is a et that matches sam, but does so in a totally unique way.

Enhanced
06-11-2014, 04:48 PM

Agreed...

Kakashis
06-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Really what is needed is a et that matches sam, but does so in a totally unique way.

Two shadow clones of yourself, pve mob mind control, or pvp pet thief ability would match.

nelson131
06-24-2014, 04:44 AM
so, how much is its price now? it was 60m

SacredKnight
06-24-2014, 05:44 AM
Singe is around 10-11mil now....to be honest I think a way to bring Singe back is to create a passive like Samuel...instead of a passive healing ability...how about a passive burning ability? Has a small ring around it that ignites enemies deal burn damage and debuffing, sounds good....
To be honest I wonder if Shady and Surge is going to out shine Samuel or not...

epicrrr
06-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Singe needs to be buff, it was the latest expansion arcane pet.

time to petition this thread again!

utpal
06-24-2014, 12:07 PM
shady and surge has dmg and crit along with +25 PS, +15str,int,dex.

but still samael best due to higher crit and nice AA and passive regen.

I expect singe to be 4-5m

Haligali
06-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Singe is fixed with the new arcane pet.

Titanium
06-25-2014, 11:43 AM
I think it would be cool to make all Singe users to have INSTEAD a Singe & Scorch to be in the trend with the new event ... It will be equivalent with Shady & Surge at many points crit / dmg / same initials LOL

Titanium
06-25-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm joking :P Nothing to be done guys . It's like Zeus said , when majority wants something ( but not energy kits , ofc ) sts does it. People wanted Samael to be op for more than a year or even more :) Personally I quitted using Singe in PvP ... I use Valkin instead ! Haray

nelson131
06-26-2014, 02:41 AM
10m? seriously?

Xpolosion
07-22-2014, 03:09 AM
Plz fix singe

grzena1982
07-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Precisely!