PDA

View Full Version : Shuyal.. What happened?!

Boltmage
03-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Idk if anybody else has noticed but Shuyal got hard!
I can solo all tindirin maps (yes alargan too) without too much trouble and I did the same in Shuyal pre expansion (minus Inan hesh due to my DPS) now I can't make it to the bosses solo without going at a snail pace or spending plat like I'm in elite!
Please shed some light on this issue as many people i have spoken too are experiencing the same difficulties.

Please could all the full arcane players refrain from the usual comments 'gear up' or 'have a better plan' because they are not helpful or relevant. Thanks :)

Sceazikua
03-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Yes I notice it too :) My abbandoned lvl 31 rogue used to 1 hit the mobs in normal shuyal, but now I come back and only like 1/4 on the unshielded skeletons and mages. It became harder I believe.

Hoardseeker
03-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Ye I too Noticed that
.......will they nerf normal zones after Elites Release?

Rare
03-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Kind of how kraken was/is.

Samhayne
03-22-2014, 02:27 PM
It might be something with the monsters and how they scale up to 41. Thanks for the input. We will look further into it.

Morholt
03-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Previous campaign scales up.
Monsters are much stronger.
You're still using mostly the same gear.

The stronger they get, the weaker you become.

Ravager
03-22-2014, 05:26 PM

I agree with you for the most part but he also points out he can solo tindirin but not shuyal. Thats the point that seems awkward and should be looked into.

Xenobiotic
03-22-2014, 06:06 PM
I agree with you for the most part but he also points out he can solo tindirin but not shuyal. Thats the point that seems awkward and should be looked into.

Hmm..interesting

Morholt
03-22-2014, 07:42 PM
I agree with you for the most part but he also points out he can solo tindirin but not shuyal. Thats the point that seems awkward and should be looked into.From his post, he sounds like a warrior.
It's possible that all the stuns and purple death pools are hitting him hard...especially if the debuff effects are a little stronger (those wolves, for example, already really ate into a players defense).

Another factor besides them getting stronger while he hasn't could be if he hasn't capped yet. If a monster is a higher lvl than you, they are harder.

Daniel Banuelos
03-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Before the expansion i can solo shuyal with my mage without mythic or arcane item it takes only 3hit for me to kill a mob but now even combined with other players its hard to kill a single mob what happened lol

Sceazikua
03-22-2014, 09:10 PM

LOL I came in shadow plains with my lvl 31 rogue, a pug came who had no lvl 32>. Usually my aimed was very strong, can take a mob down easily. Now I still have same damage, same gear, and 4 aimeds to take an unshielded skeleton down O_o

EDIT: I took some screenshot. This is from a solo party.
Me have 250 damage.
And, guess what a charged aimed do ...
What the heck? 638 damage only 1/4 hp of a mob on a solo pt lvl 31? O_o

Prahasit Prahi
03-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Shuyal was harder than before.

Morholt
03-22-2014, 10:51 PM
@sceazikua: there are two major reasons why you seem weaker.
First, your stats are exactly what they were before. The mobs, however, have higher stats than they used to. So obviously, you'll seem weaker by comparison.
Secondly, there is an automatic factor--lvl difference. When an enemy is higher, they are harder. As you lvl up, become the same lvl and even past them (you can't pass them currently), you'll feel stronger.

If you took that lvl 31 and took it to lvl 41, used the same exact gear & pets, and added no stat or skill points, the mobs wouldn't feel as powerful as they do to you now at lvl 31. But keep in mind, they still won't be as easy to kill as they for you last season.

Sceazikua
03-22-2014, 11:54 PM
What I mean is that it wasnt "lvl difference". Before expansion, 1 charged aimed = dead skeleton. Now? 1/4 hp. It doesnt make sense if they just made all campaigns stronger at the same level. lvl 31 shuyal before < lvl 31 shuyal now? O_o It just doesnt fit the story line. Now you MUST go to tombs and lvl up there until lvl 37 and join tindirin or go to Nordr and get 100xp each run because Shuyal is very hard now and it takes much time to clear?

Boltmage
03-23-2014, 02:27 AM
Hmm good theories regarding my weakness :p however.. I lvl capped before returning to Shuyal and also spent a decent amount to get the best elite legendary/mythic gear in my class (squishy Mage) I have 2900 Health 900 ish armor 460 dmg and 513 DPS so should I be having so many problems in the old maps when tindirin really Is a walk in the park?

Boltmage
03-23-2014, 02:56 AM
Just ran through ferrix and the overgrowth again and it feels much more like a regular difficulty map should do! If you fixed it thanks if not someone else did.
*looks suspicious*

VenomsChaos
03-23-2014, 04:04 PM
yes shuyal harder now idk about dragon map or elites didnt try yet... before i can solo shuyal with my lvl 36 mage architech set... Now lvl 40 mytic upgraded set with i cant solo, mobs not dieing... if warior or rogue join the team pain starting, if 2-3 low lvl than me join the team its pure painfull... i hope sts gonna do samething for this wery bad system... its seems i need arcane ring + 36-41 mytic weapons armors + arcane pet for run same speed as lvl36 architech set days

info= before than cap me and my friend architech mages was runing in shuyal almost like bracken, we was super fast.. now we 2 to mytic set and we runing in pve like its shuyal elite.. i am feeling like i am playing in elite,mobs not dieing

NOT: bosses seems normal, only mobs so hard.. not sure just killed 3 boss and they seems like easy..

Haligali
03-24-2014, 02:11 AM
Yup, new maps very easy compared to shuyal, make them more harder. :(

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

utpal
03-24-2014, 09:18 AM
arcane ring efect.
use arcane weapon ring mythic set and u can breeze through it easily.

UnderAgeKids
03-24-2014, 11:47 AM
arcane ring efect.
use arcane weapon ring mythic set and u can breeze through it easily.

Hmmm..u got arcane ring + weapon bro?

wvhills
03-24-2014, 12:09 PM
@sceazikua: there are two major reasons why you seem weaker.
First, your stats are exactly what they were before. The mobs, however, have higher stats than they used to. So obviously, you'll seem weaker by comparison.
Secondly, there is an automatic factor--lvl difference. When an enemy is higher, they are harder. As you lvl up, become the same lvl and even past them (you can't pass them currently), you'll feel stronger.

If you took that lvl 31 and took it to lvl 41, used the same exact gear & pets, and added no stat or skill points, the mobs wouldn't feel as powerful as they do to you now at lvl 31. But keep in mind, they still won't be as easy to kill as they for you last season.

everyone understands this. what he's saying is shuyal mobs are harder than tindarin mobs. it shouldn't be like that.

Kakashis
03-24-2014, 01:13 PM
yeah, I used to do the shuyal daily quests just for potion money when no one was farming, now I don't bother because it costs more than what it's worth getting back. Sigh

Fyrce
03-24-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm confused.

My L37 pink mage solo'd Shuyal Tower much easier than I remember it and has a slightly harder time in Tindirin, as expected. I expect there's some level of scaling up, but Shuyal did not seem harder -- at least not at L37. Though I do generally escape all the stuns... (This was maybe 2 days ago)

Didn't notice difference at all. Solo'd Inan-whathisface.