PDA

View Full Version : Wake up

Dragoonclaws
03-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Hello, this was posted on Star Legends forums, but I need more attention, because we have a serious case here.

[...]

GUILDS, YOU MUST UPDATE THEIR SETTINGS!

Officers, we need to have a way to stop them, because they can ruin a guild for any reason, even if they are very trusted. Their are humans, humans change, they never stay same. We do our best to choose the best officers, but anything can happen, so YOU NEED TO CONSIDER THIS.

Suggestions:

- An officer vote to block an other officer. 3 officers would vote "yes" to block an officer from his functions. Only GM can unblock him.

- A maximum remove/ hour. One officer can't remove more than 10 members per hour. Only GM can remove more than 10 members/hour.

- Overseer rank (As temporary GM, or chief of officers), he can only demote an officer; and promote members to recruiters. (No officer promoting option, and no disband option)

THIS IS NOT ONLY ABOUT STAR LEGENDS, ITS ABOUT ALL LEGENDS

Otherwise, these legends are not even worth it.

now lets see how many players agree on this.

Dragoonclaws

Blood Pack Mercenary (Armadylian - Officer)
The Untouchables (Dragoonclaws - Officer)
Kingdom of Light (Zaamorak - Officer)
Fatality (Dragonxclaws - Recruiter)

Hiosahaf
03-22-2014, 12:41 PM
I like that

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Shanamerny
03-22-2014, 01:11 PM
I agree that guild settings would be a great implementation in legends. You have some good points here but I don't fully agree with them all.

I'll go by your points:

1 - This might be a bad idea. Say the gm promotes someone to officer and 3 veteran officers dislike them..they'd block anyone they didn't like. Having a block function could be used as disciplinary action from the gm to officer. Instead of demotion, they could block officer privileges for as long as the gm sees fit.

2 - I like this. There are so many guild killers around nowadays. The only thing I would change about this point is the limit of how many can be kicked by the hour per officer. In a previous guild I was in, I witnessed an officer kicking 7 ppl before he left the guild. I think 4 of the 7 ppl kicked returned to the guild.. It is sad to see this happen in great guilds. Officers should at least have a "kick" limit of 4-5 at most. This would put a stop to guild killers. Gm ofc could kick at will.

3 - This would be nice if it were official, since many guild masters already appoint a chief officer or a second in command. Sometimes the gm is away for an x amount of time and can't be there to promote ppl. Having a overseer would be fantastic. I agree with the overseer being able to promote members to recruiters. I don't agree with the overseer being able to demote officers. There might be a downfall to that.. all other points on this is great.

Overall, I like your ideas. There is definitely a need for a guild settings update. There are many threads about this topic and I'm sure sts has plans to update in the future.

TheMightyFeusalet
03-22-2014, 01:13 PM
this is a very good idea please sts think about it

Roberto077
03-22-2014, 01:27 PM
They could simply make it so only the guild master can kick members and officers can promote members to recruiters and recruit in general. But yeah, good idea nonetheless.

Ebezaanec
03-22-2014, 01:46 PM
This would be great. Officers are known to go rogue many times and this will help prevent guild-griefing.

I believe that the GM should have the ability to designate how many players an officers can remove. New officers would start at 1 guildmate per hour, and if the GM wishes, he/she can increase how many players an officer can kick.

I would also like if new guild positions were introduced. Co-Master, Chief Officers, etc.

Schnitzel
03-22-2014, 01:52 PM
What I'd recommend is that since most STS players have forums accounts, there is a guild group created, and to promote a new officer, veteran officers have to do "officer recommendations" and then all the officers with the GM decide who should go to officers position

Credits to Bilaxman for coming up with this good idea some time ago.

This would be great. Officers are known to go rogue many times and this will help prevent guild-griefing.

I believe that the GM should have the ability to designate how many players an officers can remove. New officers would start at 1 guildmate per hour, and if the GM wishes, he/she can increase the how many players an officer can kick.

I would also like if new guild positions were introduced. Co-Master, Chief Officers, etc.

That would be a good idea for all games +1

Shanamerny
03-22-2014, 01:54 PM

I believe that the GM should have the ability to designate how many players an officers can remove. New officers would start at 1 guildmate per hour, and if the GM wishes, he/she can increase the how many players an officer can kick.

Agreed

Zylx
03-24-2014, 12:31 AM
Here are what i believe would be the best options:

1) Customizable Powers: The guild master can promote ranks, but set limits to powers on whoever can do what. For example, the gm could let officer A kick members, but officer B cant. Officer B can promote members to recruiters, but officer A cant. Etc.

-or-

2) Relinquish all removal powers from the officers. Only let the Guild Master remove players from the guild.

VanRah
03-24-2014, 02:20 AM
The solution could be introducing a new guild position having demote/booting powers.
This way u can have as many officers n recruiters as u want but only a bunch of very trusted "guild managers".

CrazyTank
03-24-2014, 03:33 AM
I too like this idea. I just have a suggestion - guild muting. Gm/officers can prevent players talking in guild chat. They can be muted for 5 minutes like that. Just an idea to avoid trash talking. :)

Dragoonclaws
04-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Today, another guild got the same treatment... ALL members removed. recruiters as well.

<Dark Rome>

Please consider this, and help stopping this craziness.

Support this thread by hitting the "like" or the "thanks" button

Xts
04-04-2014, 10:47 AM
+100 for this