PDA

View Full Version : [Achievement]: Crafting Arcane Ring

Zeus
03-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Hello!

Recently, there has been requests for hard achievements. I was thinking, why not take existing infrastructure and make an achievement out of it?

• Buying Arcane Ring recipe = 250 AP
• Crafting Arcane Ring = 250 AP

What do y'all think? I don't think that the Overall Player LB should be constituted of PvE kills. This is a way to solve that!

Thoughts?

csyui
03-22-2014, 01:29 PM
LB is up there for making players has a goal to pursue during their game time, not a way to turn the game into to money race.

Leoyo
03-22-2014, 01:32 PM
LB is up there for making players has a goal to pursue during their game time, not a way to turn the game into to money race.

Agree

gumball3000
03-22-2014, 01:33 PM
thumbs down

Zeus
03-22-2014, 01:41 PM

How would it turn the game into a money race? Right now, all the overall leaderboard is is an extension of the PvE leaderboard.

There are arcane APs, why can there be an AP for crafting an arcane item? The only leaderboard it would change is the Top Player leaderboard - something which should be more than just maxed out APs and most kills to get on.

A recipe would be non-tradable, so you have to do the work yourself. The rich who payed others to get the ring will be forced to work hard as well.

I say this as a shard holder. It won't even affect me because I still won't be on leaderboards (nor do I care about being on them).

However, it is a good AP for those who require an extra challenge. Crafting a ring IS a challenge. You can be rich enough to buy the shard, but very few people in the game posses the capability of grinding out both the shard and the recipe.

Zeus
03-22-2014, 01:43 PM

Secondly, it's already a bot race. This would kill a lot of bots that think they can use programs to keep on the LB.

Ravager
03-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Maybe buying the recipe. Crafting it is Midas Touch AP all over again.

Ebezaanec
03-22-2014, 01:51 PM
AP: Accumulate 1000 Dragkin teeth (1000 must be in your satchel at one point)

GG

keikali
03-22-2014, 01:57 PM
An AP for accumulating Dragkin Teeth might be a good idea, but CRAFTING an Arcane Ring?

Parf you're starting to sound like somebody who USUALLY suggests these post and you know who I'm referring to.

+1 on AP for accumulating # of Dragkin Teeth
-9000 on AP for Crafting and Arcane Ring

Don't start driving anytime soon.

Zeus
03-22-2014, 02:01 PM
An AP for accumulating Dragkin Teeth might be a good idea, but CRAFTING an Arcane Ring?

Parf you're starting to sound like somebody who USUALLY suggests these post and you know who I'm referring to.

+1 on AP for accumulating # of Dragkin Teeth
-9000 on AP for Crafting and Arcane Ring

Don't start driving anytime soon.

I know,

The thing is, it's already a bot race. The only way to stop that without STG banning each one is to kill their resources. Having money based APs is the only way.

It's not a Midas touch, because unlike Midas, it would be very difficulty to "lend" this AP.

Making the recipe alone again turns it into a bot race, it won't matter the number.

Gorecaster
03-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Gorecaster killed Keikali

Ebezaanec
03-22-2014, 02:03 PM

Zeus's Car pancaked Gorecaster

GG

keikali
03-22-2014, 02:05 PM
I know,

The thing is, it's already a bot race. The only way to stop that without STG banning each one is to kill their resources. Having money based APs is the only way.

It's not a Midas touch, because unlike Midas, it would be very difficulty to "lend" this AP.

Making the recipe alone again turns it into a bot race, it won't matter the number.

They can always alter the ingredients within the recipe to craft the ring which can dampen their resources. It takes 150 Teeth to get the recipe, but what are the full list of ingredients needed to craft one? I'd make a very VERY hard to bot item. This can cut off their botting actions.

GG

Legit.

Zeus
03-22-2014, 02:06 PM

GG

There's rock, paper, and scissors and then there's: <<<<< my driving skillz

@Kei
What do you suggest then for the very hard to bot item?

keikali
03-22-2014, 02:09 PM
There's rock, paper, and scissors and then there's: <<<<< my driving skillz

@Kei
What do you suggest then for the very hard to bot item?

An item where you really can't SOLO and I'm sure there are alot of items ingame that you cannot solo that has to drop from a specific boss. You can make it a specific "essence" from a boss. And I'm not talking about only (1). I'm talking about a couple.

Did you say Elite Alargan? LOLWUT?

Gorecaster
03-22-2014, 02:09 PM
Gang Zeus car gg

Zeus
03-22-2014, 02:11 PM
An item where you really can't SOLO and I'm sure there are alot of items ingame that you cannot solo that has to drop from a specific boss. You can make it a specific "essence" from a boss. And I'm not talking about only (1). I'm talking about a couple.

Did you say Elite Alargan? LOLWUT?

Elite Alargan's teeth? Have to collect 500? Sounds like a plan to me!

Zeus
03-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Gang Zeus car gg

The car is fine, you'll want to gang the driver..;)

keikali
03-22-2014, 02:12 PM
Elite Alargan's teeth? Have to collect 500? Sounds like a plan to me!

Since there are already "teeth" in the game. They can rename it to Essence of Alargan or something to that matter.

drgrimmy
03-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Teeth farming ap, sure. Arcane ring crafting ap, a big fat no. There is already an arcane ap.

Edit: a few points...

Pve kills does nothing to get you onto the leaderbaord, it only orders the top players on the lb. The most important factors in getting on the lb are the 5k and 10k flag AP and the midas touch AP. There is a person halfway up the overall lb with less than 100k pve kills.

This achievement can still be shared once people get 150 teeth as the crafted ring is still sellable. You can lend the shard to someone and get the ring back plus or minus gold. The only thing that would prevent this ap from being shared between close friends is if the ring became bound like the mythic helmet and armor.

Ravager
03-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Example.

Someone finally has 150 teeth. Just needs to get crafted ring now.
Hey can I borrow your shard real quick to craft?
Scammed. Just like Midas. Its a variant of Midas. You could say collateral this and that but people will still try to do this and it will happen. Moreso because an AP is there.

Having that AP created will anger lots of people. They want something obtainable and within reach.

Uicheusa
03-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Yes! No car other than Ferrari should be allowed on the street!

Rare
03-22-2014, 02:49 PM
I personally would not like to see any more achievements based on arcane or mythic items

falmear
03-22-2014, 02:52 PM
They need to add more APs then just two more. Everyone on the LB is already capable of getting an arcane shard and crafting it into a ring. So its not going to accomplish anything adding just two more AP. Add like 10 or 20 new APs. Adding just two more, is pointless. More shards will be available in the weeks and months to come. Its not a hard achievement to buy a shard and craft it into a ring. If you have these two APs it should be as part of many more APs. Having these APs won't do anything for separating people on the leaderboard. And farming 150 teeth is like 2-3 weeks of work so this AP is also rather meaningless. And craft the ring is also easy.

To restate its is okay to have these APs, but only if they also add in more APs then just these 2. These two suggested APs are easy to get for anyone already on the LB. And in a few weeks time we will be back to the same scenario. Midas touch didn't change anything except people scamming their friends.

Zeus
03-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Example.

Someone finally has 150 teeth. Just needs to get crafted ring now.
Hey can I borrow your shard real quick to craft?
Scammed. Just like Midas. Its a variant of Midas. You could say collateral this and that but people will still try to do this and it will happen. Moreso because an AP is there.

Having that AP created will anger lots of people. They want something obtainable and within reach.

The thing is, that person who has the shard will also need the AP. So, technically, yes it can be borrowed but it's a one time thing.

Honestly though, I just want some APs that are difficult and cannot be bored. If you can suggest some, that would be great!

Zeus
03-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Yes! No car other than Ferrari should be allowed on the street!

That metaphor/hyperbole is not even close.

Your meaning would mean that only arcane and mythic'd up players would be allowed to play the game. I'm sure that's not what you meant, right?

The other option is that only top players will be on the top player leaderboard. Well, that just makes sense...doesn't it? It's called top for a reason.

Solid
03-22-2014, 03:26 PM
-1 not all people can afford such an item..

Zeus
03-22-2014, 03:27 PM
-1 not all people can afford such an item..

That's entirely the point. If all can be able to get it immediately, then it becomes a PVE kill board.

Solid
03-22-2014, 03:31 PM
That's entirely the point. If all can be able to get it immediately, then it becomes a PVE kill board.

But a good % of people will not be able to get the ring, idling them from the board.

I think you speak as a person who WILL be able to get the ring/recipe but you are not thinking about the people who can't....

If the AP board difference was big, like 2k-3k difference this would have been a great idea, but the board is very close with a difference of 100 points.

Zeus
03-22-2014, 03:39 PM
But a good % of people will not be able to get the ring, idling them from the board.

I think you speak as a person who WILL be able to get the ring/recipe but you are not thinking about the people who can't....

If the AP board difference was big, like 2k-3k difference this would have been a great idea, but the board is very close with a difference of 100 points.

I have 15,100 APs with none of the major flag APs done, nor do I plan to. Truly, I have no interest in getting on the leaderboards - it's a waste of time for me when a timed run can accomplish the same thing.

If they want it, they can work towards it. Crafting is a one time thing, it's not like the Midas Touch which can be lended.

Top means best in all aspects, right? Wealth is an aspect too.

On that note, I think PVP kills should be included as well. I believe you suggested that, correct?

If it's the only difficult AP, as Falmear said, then it poises a problem. However, if other equally difficult APs are introduced, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Solid
03-22-2014, 03:55 PM
I have 15,100 APs with none of the major flag APs done, nor do I plan to. Truly, I have no interest in getting on the leaderboards - it's a waste of time for me when a timed run can accomplish the same thing.

If they want it, they can work towards it. Crafting is a one time thing, it's not like the Midas Touch which can be lended.

Top means best in all aspects, right? Wealth is an aspect too.

On that note, I think PVP kills should be included as well. I believe you suggested that, correct?

If it's the only difficult AP, as Falmear said, then it poises a problem. However, if other equally difficult APs are introduced, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Are you implying that wealth makes someone " a better player " or that a person who doesn't have wealth shouldn't deserve a shot at top player?

Because no, wealth isn't an aspect of being at the top reason being wealth can be bought, you can't buy skill or flags.

I don't think where your counterargumy is headed...

xlovableaze
03-22-2014, 04:00 PM
How would it turn the game into a money race? Right now, all the overall leaderboard is is an extension of the PvE leaderboard.

There are arcane APs, why can there be an AP for crafting an arcane item? The only leaderboard it would change is the Top Player leaderboard - something which should be more than just maxed out APs and most kills to get on.

A recipe would be non-tradable, so you have to do the work yourself. The rich who payed others to get the ring will be forced to work hard as well.

I say this as a shard holder. It won't even affect me because I still won't be on leaderboards (nor do I care about being on them).

However, it is a good AP for those who require an extra challenge. Crafting a ring IS a challenge. You can be rich enough to buy the shard, but very few people in the game posses the capability of grinding out both the shard and the recipe.

I disagree for this ap. What about those people that doesnt have money? But skilled player? Only rich ppl can afford arcane shard. Imo theres other way to have a hard ap. And there is no other way to get that shard but use plats to open crates

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Zeus
03-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Are you implying that wealth makes someone " a better player " or that a person who doesn't have wealth shouldn't deserve a shot at top player?

Because no, wealth isn't an aspect of being at the top reason being wealth can be bought, you can't buy skill or flags.

I don't think where your counterargumy is headed...

Yes, it does because wealth gets you gear.

I believe you find this meme familiar?

@Lovable
What about the people who do not bot all day? You know the leaderboard is screwed up lately. I'm not saying this should be the only difficult achievement, but I am saying that this should be A difficult achievement in the midst of many other varieties of difficult achievements.

Wealth plays a part in anything and everything. It's a fact of life and freemium MMOs are not something that are excluded.

Bless
03-22-2014, 04:12 PM
I disagree, it edges to the P2W side....

Those opening crates will get shard -> get ring
Those already rich will get shard -> get ring
Those who scam or trick newbies will get shard -> get ring

Your suggestion doesnt suit the people on LB because only money (and just a few days of mindless spammin of buttons) is needed to get the ring, therefore it cannot be a true achievement (similar to arcane ap).

Your idea makes getting Rendtails ring a necessity for the people going for top player LB, the whole point of arcanes is to make it a goal, not necessary though.

It is really controversial.

gumball3000
03-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Its impossible to bot the 10k flags so your bot race argument is invalid.

falmear
03-22-2014, 04:38 PM
The thing is, that person who has the shard will also need the AP. So, technically, yes it can be borrowed but it's a one time thing.

Honestly though, I just want some APs that are difficult and cannot be bored. If you can suggest some, that would be great!

No they don't. This is how it will go down:

1) Victim: OMG! I just looted an arcane shard.
2) Friend: Dude, I need arcane ring crafting AP. I will give you 5m if you let me craft it to a ring. And I will give you the ring back.
3) Victim: You promise to give me the ring back?
4) Friend: Of course!
5) Friend changes name and never to be heard or seen from again.

For some people a few million is worth more then a few AP points. So I am pretty sure if there was this AP someone will get scammed. If we are serious about APs, then they need to add more work based APs like flagging. And more APs where you need to do them in elite. Like killing elite bosses. Or finishing maps in a certain period of time. You can't fake those.

falmear
03-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Also the cynic in me sees this as an attempt to try and drive up the price on the arcane shard. Because if crafting the shard to a ring is an AP a lot more people will want it and pay a lot of money. Hmm, who said they had a shard?

Zeus
03-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Also the cynic in me sees this as an attempt to try and drive up the price on the arcane shard. Because if crafting the shard to a ring is an AP a lot more people will want it and pay a lot of money. Hmm, who said they had a shard?

Sorry, that's not the case.

If you want to know my plans with my shard, here they are:

• craft it
• If Moe's offer is legit, I will sell it to him. Otherwise, I will keep it and enjoy being OP. I still have enough leftover cash/investments to be relatively set for the next few things STG throws at us.

Zeus
03-22-2014, 04:45 PM
No they don't. This is how it will go down:

1) Victim: OMG! I just looted an arcane shard.
2) Friend: Dude, I need arcane ring crafting AP. I will give you 5m if you let me craft it to a ring. And I will give you the ring back.
3) Victim: You promise to give me the ring back?
4) Friend: Of course!
5) Friend changes name and never to be heard or seen from again.

For some people a few million is worth more then a few AP points. So I am pretty sure if there was this AP someone will get scammed. If we are serious about APs, then they need to add more work based APs like flagging. And more APs where you need to do them in elite. Like killing elite bosses. Or finishing maps in a certain period of time. You can't fake those.

That's a valid situation and thank you for bringing it to light!

Do you have any suggestions for difficult APs? If we make just collecting dragkin teeth an AP, it can be botted.

Zeus
03-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Its impossible to bot the 10k flags so your bot race argument is invalid.

It actually is very possible. Sorry, you're mistaken. I would show you how because I know how to do it and result in 70+ flags an hour, but I am not about to tell the forum community how to glitch.

Fauksuras
03-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Most ppl on top spots for leaderboard can already craft it. I think it will only promote segregation and scamming more. Furthermore it would favor Plat spenders, now of it needed to be accomplished via PVE means, say looting shard from an Elite Chest it's another story bit there it would be based on luck once more not being very welcome.

xlovableaze
03-22-2014, 04:58 PM
@Lovable
What about the people who do not bot all day? .[/QUOTE]

Is there any proof?

falmear
03-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Do you have any suggestions for difficult APs? If we make just collecting dragkin teeth an AP, it can be botted.

There have been many threads on this, I don't need to rehash all of them. There should be more elite based APs. You can't bot elite. Kill each elite bosses 1000 times, loot each elite chests 1000 times, finish elite map in a certain amount of time. Go back and go to the suggestions forum, all of these things are covered and more. This is months ago and nothing has been announced or even hinted at. So this means to me the devs aren't interested in putting in the work at add more APs. A few thread rage about skills started and they announced they would do something on skills. Silence is silence for a reason, means don't expect anything because nothing is being worked on. More threads have been created on APs, and not a peep.

Zeus
03-22-2014, 05:00 PM
^

Thanks Falmear, I appreciate it.

@Lovable
You know there is, I'm not going to go into it on this thread.

Hiosahaf
03-22-2014, 05:03 PM
I still like the 500 teeth <Tooth Collector> AP and 1000 teeth < Tooth Fairy> one :|

Harder APs?

- Kill elite enraged Inan (Title- Shuyal master)
- Kill elite Alargan without dying once in the encounter (Title- Invincible. Maybe?)
- Have 1000 story tokens, hauntlet coins, 1000 dragkin teeth, 100m gold in your inventory at the same time (Title- Miser Spender) (can omit gold option)
- Kill Arachna without being wrapped in her web thingy and not stepping on poison (Title- Sneaky fly)
- Kill 500 elite Shamans, the ones for which you have to unshield them.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Zeus
03-22-2014, 05:07 PM
I still like the 500 teeth <Tooth Collector> AP and 1000 teeth < Tooth Fairy> one :|

Harder APs?

- Kill elite enraged Inan (Title- Shuyal master)
- Kill elite Alargan without dying once in the encounter (Title- Invincible. Maybe?)
- Have 1000 story tokens, hauntlet coins, 1000 dragkin teeth, 100m gold in your inventory at the same time (Title- Miser Spender) (can omit gold option)
- Kill Arachna without being wrapped in her web thingy and not stepping on poison (Title- Sneaky fly)
- Kill 500 elite Shamans, the ones for which you have to unshield them.

The thing is, these can be botted. I've caught people doing it for the recipe alone.

So, what does insanely difficult APs bring us? Bots. The only thing that bottable APs do is make it difficult on the players who can play for free & give an advantage to those who cheat their way through the game.

falmear
03-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Sorry, that's not the case.

If you want to know my plans with my shard, here they are:

• craft it
• If Moe's offer is legit, I will sell it to him. Otherwise, I will keep it and enjoy being OP. I still have enough leftover cash/investments to be relatively set for the next few things STG throws at us.

Doesn't mean its the only arcane shard you'll merch. You can't say that having this as an AP will hurt sales.

Hiosahaf
03-22-2014, 05:09 PM
The thing is, these can be botted. I've caught people doing it for the recipe alone.

So, what does insanely difficult APs bring us? Bots. The only thing that bottable APs do is make it difficult on the players who can play for free & give an advantage to those who cheat their way through the game.

I don't know how you can bot the elite Inan, Alargan, Arachna. Dragkin teeth, maybe yeah. Story tokens will take 100 days though. And 1000 hauntlet runs.

I would love to achieve these hard APs tbh. Not sure if the AL community can handle this.

Azepeiete
03-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Only if they make

[Achievment]: Have your name on 20+ Pure Elite Map timed runs at the same time.

1k AP granted

xlovableaze
03-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Only if they make

1k AP granted

Non sense eh?

FluffNStuff
03-22-2014, 05:48 PM
I don't know how you can bot the elite Inan, Alargan, Arachna. Dragkin teeth, maybe yeah. Story tokens will take 100 days though. And 1000 hauntlet runs.

I would love to achieve these hard APs tbh. Not sure if the AL community can handle this.

The only thing you can't bot is Captcha. Granted, typing the correct randomized text to cause the boss to spawn would get rid of the botters ... as well as the rest of the players.

Xenobiotic
03-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Only if they make

1k AP granted
Aze and Hali almost have all records on timed runs which is..shocking.

GoodSyntax
03-22-2014, 07:34 PM
I say there should be an AP for soloing all Elite Maps, but I'm not biased or anything :banana:

Zeus
03-22-2014, 07:42 PM
I say there should be an AP for soloing all Elite Maps, but I'm not biased or anything :banana:

That would actually be a good AP, tbh.

GoodSyntax
03-22-2014, 07:52 PM
That would actually be a good AP, tbh.

I don't think there are that many masochists in game....in fact I may be the only nutjob that does it - but it sure is fun!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yasshh
03-22-2014, 08:10 PM

The warriors will cry again...

GoodSyntax
03-22-2014, 08:18 PM

Better yet, complete every elite map without a death. Not easily done, but achievable for most folks that consistently run elite.

Hiosahaf
03-22-2014, 09:45 PM

every map except Inan. That's just impossible for warr. I'm in!

Card
03-22-2014, 10:45 PM
-1000 noooo

Ravager
03-22-2014, 10:47 PM

Better yet, complete every elite map without a death. Not easily done, but achievable for most folks that consistently run elite.

Yes. I wouldn't cry over this. Maybe mages would.

Solid
03-22-2014, 10:51 PM

Mages are best at pve...

Uicheusa
03-22-2014, 11:02 PM
Lemme simplify that for ya:) "Money Rules!"

Azepeiete
03-22-2014, 11:09 PM

I like this and the solo one. Combine to make "solo all elite maps without a death"

csyui
03-22-2014, 11:35 PM
I like this and the solo one. Combine to make "solo all elite maps without a death"

How about running elite zombie mode without any potions available, and see how many waves can you survive? :adoration:

Sorry rogue and mage.

Ravager
03-23-2014, 12:10 AM

Mages are best at pve...

Until the boss one shots them due to laggy red zones

Zylx
03-23-2014, 12:40 AM
How about an acheivement for collecting 1,000 dragkin teeth

falmear
03-23-2014, 04:16 AM
September 2013 is calling. Go back to this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?115054-Summary-of-suggested-NEW-ACHIEVEMENTS

Plenty of suggestions there. In this thread I also made the suggestion of soloing maps. It can be done by a mage, if you know what you're doing. This is just one of many threads on the subject. Six months later and we are still discussing this....

Haligali
03-23-2014, 06:32 AM
What about making an achivement for 20 leaderboard banners? (yes i got :))

MoloToha
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM
This achievement would show that you are either rich (to buy a shard) or trusted (to lend a shard). There are no 'trust' achievements, so it would be interesting, in my opinion.

Energizeric
03-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey Zeus, I spoke with Samhayne about this during our google hangout session, and he seems to be of the mindset that he wants to tone down the achievements and make them more casual, which will obviously result in the leaderboards becoming less competitive and relevant, perhaps the way it was in Pocket Legends.

There is some obvious logic to his point of view.... He believes that much of the negative behavior going on, such as kill farming, the completely ruined CTF games with folks only running flags back and fourth, and other similar behaviors are only encouraged by hard achievements and leaderboards. So he does not want to encourage these behaviors, and so the obvious conclusion is to not make any more really hard and time consuming achievements. Once the really hard core players get past the 10k flags achievement, which is gradually happening, CTF games should slowly go back to being somewhat normal again. You add a 20k flags achievement, and now it all starts over again.

He also believes that achievements which many players see as impossible discourages players from the game. This may or may not be true, I'm not really sure. I can only give my personal opinion....

I think if you add these very hard achievements to every single category, then you spread things out and these negative behaviors don't concentrate in one single area, so it affects the game less. I think it also gives players who want to compete for the leaderboard the freedom to pursue the area of their choosing, while still being competitive, instead of having to be a jack of all trades and do a bit of everything. It's unfortunate that all the top players are now bunched at the top of the leaderboards, and all of them have gotten every single achievement.

But obviously adding this one single achievement that you are suggesting would not be a good idea unless they were to do this across the board for every category.

Bless
03-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Hey Zeus, I spoke with Samhayne about this during our google hangout session, and he seems to be of the mindset that he wants to tone down the achievements and make them more casual, which will obviously result in the leaderboards becoming less competitive and relevant, perhaps the way it was in Pocket Legends.

There is some obvious logic to his point of view.... He believes that much of the negative behavior going on, such as kill farming, the completely ruined CTF games with folks only running flags back and fourth, and other similar behaviors are only encouraged by hard achievements and leaderboards. So he does not want to encourage these behaviors, and so the obvious conclusion is to not make any more really hard and time consuming achievements. Once the really hard core players get past the 10k flags achievement, which is gradually happening, CTF games should slowly go back to being somewhat normal again. You add a 20k flags achievement, and now it all starts over again.

He also believes that achievements which many players see as impossible discourages players from the game. This may or may not be true, I'm not really sure. I can only give my personal opinion....

I think if you add these very hard achievements to every single category, then you spread things out and these negative behaviors don't concentrate in one single area, so it affects the game less. I think it also gives players who want to compete for the leaderboard the freedom to pursue the area of their choosing, while still being competitive, instead of having to be a jack of all trades and do a bit of everything. It's unfortunate that all the top players are now bunched at the top of the leaderboards, and all of them have gotten every single achievement.

But obviously adding this one single achievement that you are suggesting would not be a good idea unless they were to do this across the board for every category. Well said.

Zeus
03-23-2014, 01:38 PM

But obviously adding this one single achievement that you are suggesting would not be a good idea unless they were to do this across the board for every category.

That's true. We'll see soon enough how this logic plays out. :)

TuMadreee
03-23-2014, 05:13 PM

Aye same here!!!

Zylx
03-24-2014, 12:23 AM
This achievement would show that you are either rich (to buy a shard) or trusted (to lend a shard). There are no 'trust' achievements, so it would be interesting, in my opinion.

*cough*cough* Midas Touch *cough*

flluby2
03-24-2014, 03:48 PM

I am always a fan of PL. I'm glad to hear that Samhayne has noted the concerns on keeping LB more relevant and less on banal, repetitive, time-consuming achievements. Soloing is never as fun as being in a good party. But the reverse applies, being in a bad party, leaves me with no choice but to solo it. Then again, why would we play MMoRPG for the sake of soloing?
I hope they could work it out to make the game more party based, and less on solo kill farming, pvp for the sake of preying on the easy target and ganging,
And for this part "He also believes that achievements which many players see as impossible discourages players from the game. This may or may not be true, I'm not really sure. I can only give my personal opinion.... "
This definitely applies to me and many that I knew.
Thanks for sharing this Energizeric. Good to know they are considering some changes here.

Serancha
03-24-2014, 03:57 PM

I am still hoping for elite kills to count for something.

Azepeiete
03-27-2014, 07:28 PM

How about 10 diff time banners?