PDA

View Full Version : Pally vs Dexchantress. Levelling versus endgame...

Behindthejab
12-10-2010, 01:37 PM
So I retired the bird for a bit and am really enjoying my little 23 enchantress. I have been reading allot of threads on the pally build, but have also read about getting enough dex to increase hit and crit percentage.

My questions are:

1) What is the most efficient way to allocate stats for levelling (I'm currently favoring the hopping in and aoeing like a crazy person. I have a buddy who is also an enchantress who I'm levelling with)

2) What are the actual advantages/weaknesses of the pally versus the dexchantress?

3) as I mainly play with my buddy would it make sense for one of us to go pally and one dexchantress?

4) is a straight Int mage viable, or do I need to allocate stats in other areas as well?

Thank you in advance for your help.

FluffNStuff
12-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I am a pure int level 50 Keeper mage, but most would disagree with me so I will let them give you advice ;)

Lesrider
12-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I'd say either go full int or dual wield int/str.

jonboy
12-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Dextrancess is great for leveling paly is the better option after lvl 40

omnipresence
12-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Pure int mage here and I leveled up just fine.

jonboy
12-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Yes but I've leveled using all three types.

Sickofwork
12-11-2010, 02:50 PM
So I retired the bird for a bit and am really enjoying my little 23 enchantress. I have been reading allot of threads on the pally build, but have also read about getting enough dex to increase hit and crit percentage.

My questions are:

1) What is the most efficient way to allocate stats for levelling (I'm currently favoring the hopping in and aoeing like a crazy person. I have a buddy who is also an enchantress who I'm levelling with)

2) What are the actual advantages/weaknesses of the pally versus the dexchantress?

3) as I mainly play with my buddy would it make sense for one of us to go pally and one dexchantress?

4) is a straight Int mage viable, or do I need to allocate stats in other areas as well?

Thank you in advance for your help.

All Int all the way. I don't know why there's all this hub bub about playing a pally. I know people like it for survivability. I'm not sure about the rest of you, and I'm sure a few of you will feel the same way, but I never have an issue with survivability as a full Int mage. If you know what you're doing, it should be an problem. Are there instances where I get demolished? Certainly, I'm not denying that. But while a pally may be able to last longer, it's almost like they're doing 2 different jobs, but both at a mediocre level. This was exactly the reason why I couldn't stay as a pally for longer than a week. Just seemed like I was doing a disservice to the group, with the exception being those times when everyone is dead and I'm left standing (which was few and far between.)