PDA

View Full Version : South Park: The Stick of Truth

XghostzX
03-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Anybody play this game, or like South Park?

It's one of my favorite shows, and my brother and I just got the game. It's hilarious! The gameplay and storyline is so fun to keep up with, and the makers all created it so it's a legit RPG style, turn-based fighting game.

Gameplay
03-23-2014, 09:38 PM
beat the game and all side quests, ive got all the steam achievements as well, its one of the best south park games i've played.There's a surprising amount of depth to the whole experience, too. There are tons of weapons and armor sets available to equip, which can be further enhanced via "stickers" that, say, add shock damage to your hammer, or increase the defensive capabilities of your glittery pink gloves (which you can change the color of, if you want). Sometimes it gets confusing exactly what impact the upgrades have--and in my game they'd randomly unequip themselves--but they add a nice layer of complexity to the otherwise basic system.You don't just fight alone, either.

In typical RPG fashion, you choose between several different South Park characters to fight beside, each of whom have their own suite of special abilities. Some are more useful than others, but the ability to swap between them at any time makes it feel like you've a bigger party than you do. The different characters are important in the world, too--they follow you around, commenting on the different things you come across. Sometimes this leads to funny interactions (Butters has a story about being bullied at nearly every location, whereas the other characters have stories about bullying Butters at nearly every location), and other times it'll actually help you navigate the world faster. Honestly, I found it damn-near impossible to decide who to bring with me, just because I knew that if I had Jimmy with me it meant I was missing out on funny Cartman jokes, and visa versa.

~~GP~~

XghostzX
03-23-2014, 09:42 PM
beat the game and all side quests, ive got all the steam achievements as well, its one of the best south park games i've played.There's a surprising amount of depth to the whole experience, too. There are tons of weapons and armor sets available to equip, which can be further enhanced via "stickers" that, say, add shock damage to your hammer, or increase the defensive capabilities of your glittery pink gloves (which you can change the color of, if you want). Sometimes it gets confusing exactly what impact the upgrades have--and in my game they'd randomly unequip themselves--but they add a nice layer of complexity to the otherwise basic system.You don't just fight alone, either.

In typical RPG fashion, you choose between several different South Park characters to fight beside, each of whom have their own suite of special abilities. Some are more useful than others, but the ability to swap between them at any time makes it feel like you've a bigger party than you do. The different characters are important in the world, too--they follow you around, commenting on the different things you come across. Sometimes this leads to funny interactions (Butters has a story about being bullied at nearly every location, whereas the other characters have stories about bullying Butters at nearly every location), and other times it'll actually help you navigate the world faster. Honestly, I found it damn-near impossible to decide who to bring with me, just because I knew that if I had Jimmy with me it meant I was missing out on funny Cartman jokes, and visa versa.

~~GP~~

Hahaha nice, my brother and I are playing together and we just got to the point where we first meet kyle and stan, having to "betray" Cartman by getting the goth kids. This game is so cheesy yet contains so much depth... it's also hysterical. On the home tab near your inventory tab, it displays messages, similar to facebook (different characters will post random-funny things as a status). Randy Marsh goes, "Hey guys I need 20 likes to win a free ipad." Then he likes his own comment... classic Randy.

Also, what class did you play/prefer? I know there's a Warrior, mage, thief, and last but not least the jew. We're playing the jew at the moment.

saool
03-24-2014, 03:52 PM
It's one favorite new games! It's so much like the creators probably want the show to be, but obviously can't air lol

XghostzX
03-24-2014, 05:13 PM
It's one favorite new games! It's so much like the creators probably want the show to be, but obviously can't air lol

Yes, exactly

Kiwihawk
03-25-2014, 04:07 AM
I loved it, the storyline is great, i used the mage and the hardest bit was trying to beat fricken al gore when i was super weak, and the grossest part was going into mr slaves rear.
#Savemrhat

dudetus
03-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Omg u r such a need Will. Always making threads about different games get a life omg

XghostzX
03-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Omg u r such a need Will. Always making threads about different games get a life omg

"You are such a need" is that some crazy Swedish tomfoolery?

Skeletonlord
03-25-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm currently having a lot of fun with it. I have chosen the fighter class (in RPG's, I always go for melee classes!), currently right at the end. I really enjoy the art style and 2d aspect of the game as well. There are lots of loot drops and items to collect, along with side quests.

I'd say any South Park fan would enjoy this game, so go check it out.

dudetus
03-25-2014, 06:20 PM
"You are such a need" is that some crazy Swedish tomfoolery?

*Nerd. Still trying to teach SwiftKey to behave and to become bilangual.

XghostzX
03-25-2014, 09:01 PM
*Nerd. Still trying to teach SwiftKey to behave and to become bilangual.

Omg get a life plz

Shonex
03-26-2014, 09:02 PM
I laughed so hard when I saw that there was a JEW class (dat Sling of David tough). I went with the thief, stabbing people in the back is what I do :D

XghostzX
03-27-2014, 06:47 AM
I laughed so hard when I saw that there was a JEW class (dat Sling of David tough). I went with the thief, stabbing people in the back is what I do :D

Haha yes, I read somewhere that the Jew is the "high risk, high reward class."

Anyways, my bro and I just beat the game. Was a ton of fun while he was home for spring break - definitely recommend it to any South Park lover.