PDA

View Full Version : GUIDE: Solo play

Rare
03-24-2014, 10:01 AM
So, I've seen that many people are unaware of the ability to create a solo party. And I've explained it several times to people in game. So here goes, the simplest guide ever.

Creating a solo party:

To create a solo party use any one of these steps:

1. In the chat window type "/partyi <name>"
2. In the chat window type "/partyinvite <name>"
3. From the social party screen click "Invite to party" and enter <name>

<name> here can be any name that does not exist or is offline. Since AL only allows you to create names with minimum of 3 characters, any 1 or 2 letter "name" can work.

I generally use "/partyi a"

NOTE: You will get a message that says "Unable to find player: <name>". This is normal. You can confirm your party by typing "/p test" in the chat window. If it worked you'll see the purple party text pop up.

Disbanding a solo party:

In order to return to your regularly scheduled program, you'll have to disband your party. There are a number of ways to do this:

1. In the chat window type "/partyl"
2. In the chat window type "/partyleave"
3. Invite someone to a party and leave it. (I believe it also works if they decline your request).
4. Get invited to a party then leave it.

Disclaimer: If this guide is already here somewhere, I apologize. I didn't see it but didn't search through several pages.

Ebezaanec
03-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Good guide! Helpful for people who don't know.

Candylicks
03-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Didn't know. It's nice for locked farm.

Sceazikua
03-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Didn't know. It's nice for locked farm.

Somehow when at Jarl I feel no lockeds are rerolled in solo mode :( I always get blues from rerolls :(

keikali
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Legit and simple.

Candylicks
03-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Somehow when at Jarl I feel no lockeds are rerolled in solo mode :( I always get blues from rerolls :(

Ikr. Some days just like that idk if it's solo mode or what.

Rare
03-24-2014, 11:32 AM
I've never had much luck with jarl and crates, solo or not

mabaitako
03-25-2014, 12:45 AM
cool! thanks

deadcobain
03-25-2014, 02:49 AM
So, I've seen that many people are unaware of the ability to create a solo party. And I've explained it several times to people in game. So here goes, the simplest guide ever.

Creating a solo party:

To create a solo party use any one of these steps:

1. In the chat window type "/partyi <name>"
2. In the chat window type "/partyinvite <name>"
3. From the social party screen click "Invite to party" and enter <name>

<name> here can be any name that does not exist or is offline. Since AL only allows you to create names with minimum of 3 characters, any 1 or 2 letter "name" can work. Alternatively you can invite any alt that is offline.

I generally use "/partyi a"

To confirm your party you can type "/p test" in the chat window. If it worked you'll see the purple party text pop up.

Disbanding a solo party:

In order to return to your regularly scheduled program, you'll have to disband your party. There are a number of ways to do this:

1. In the chat window type "/partyl"
2. In the chat window type "/partyleave"
3. Invite someone to a party and leave it. (I believe it also works if they decline your request).
4. Get invited to a party then leave it.

Disclaimer: If this guide is already here somewhere, I apologize. I didn't see it but didn't search through several pages.

Or partyi 000

Rare
03-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Or partyi 000

Yes that will also work. Thanks.

Mrsheriff
04-05-2014, 06:13 AM
Nice Thread for new people and farmers who doesnt know.

Christopher Kirk
05-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately this method seems to no longer work, as I can not get it to accept offline or fictitious characters.

Only players actively online can be partied with now it seems.

Rare
05-15-2014, 07:28 AM
I did it yesterday

Edit: I just tried it again. Working fine for me.

Rianaku
05-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Or partyi 000
Yeah, /partyi 0000 is what I use. Doesn't come up with the no character exists thing, just doesn't say anything, and you're all alone.

Rosalei
05-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Actually, just /partyi 0 works, too. :)

ALlIsWell
05-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Never knew about this,Thanks :chuncky: