PDA

View Full Version : Lands of spam-a-lot: Is it just me, or is this game waaaaay too easy?

Blaquehaaart
12-10-2010, 10:26 PM
It seems that I can group up with three mages and a bird and spam aoe everything without stopping, with a few exceptions of course. It gets to a point where this game really doesn't take any skill or strategy...except getting a couple mages and bird.

Not that big of a deal if I die...I get revived right away. Not getting healed, oh well spam pots. The elite dungeon is pretty cool...but only when you are in yours 30's...any higher you can pretty much spam your way through.

Is spacetime studios planing on making some truly challenging dungeons that involves strategy, max level, and decent gear to run? Or is it all just gonna be a spam fest?

They really need some really challenging campaigns, where you need some well coordinated groups made of particular builds of classes that know their roles and have decent gear to pass.

Otherwise, they should rename this game to lands of spam-a-lot...

Lesrider
12-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Ao3 used to be challenging and require a balanced group of all three classes, each knowing their roles. But some who found it too hard complained and the devs made it (much) easier.

I think they went overboard and made it way too easy.

The good news is, Cinco has mentioned that he's working on a lvl 50 elite desert campaign. Which should be nice, but I'm sure will cost more plat.

Blaquehaaart
12-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Yeah...AO3 really isn't a challenge at all, if you have a couple mages. The devs really gotta stick to their guns, because if it's too easy people just get bored. Hopefully the level 50 elites don't get nerfed to hell. This game isn't even fun when it comes down to a spam fest and your basically just walking through a dungeon randomly pressing buttons and aimlessly running around.

Blaquehaaart
12-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Haha...seriously, I see people running lvl 17's through the endgame campaigns. It's crazy that lvl 50 can basically solo the end game...the game is waaaaaaay too easy.

Cheah
12-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Haha...seriously, I see people running lvl 17's through the endgame campaigns. It's crazy that lvl 50 can basically solo the end game...the game is waaaaaaay too easy.

Totally agreed.
I really miss the old AO3 before updated. It more challenging.

maneut
12-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Hmm.. I wonder who were the ones who complained that the game was too hard and too hardcore before...

Lesrider
12-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Well, I think a lot of people were upset that mages were so squishy and no one was playing them anymore (the few mages that did were usually pallies). But they could have just given them a little but more survivability and it would have worked.

I'm sure many would also "complain" about dying all the time, etc. But if I ever did so, it was all in good fun. I didn't want them to nerf it all to hell!

While I'm glad to be playing my Mage again, I really do miss the challenge and the fact that each class had an important role. I think if anything, they should have made the mage's mana shield stronger or some other little thing to give them more survivability, rather than killing what really was the most interesting campaign to date. Now it's pretty much like all the others.

And what's funny is probably the people who couldn't get gear were complaining. But what are they gonna do now that they all have gear? There's no reason to play ao3 (after the new quests).

Superzarop
12-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Hope the new elite campaign comes with elite items that will sell for 1mil+. i reall cant make gold in ao3 now.

j46g629h
12-11-2010, 08:41 AM
I think its easy now because of the character rebalance not dev reduce difficultly

Lesrider
12-11-2010, 08:46 AM
I think its easy now because of the character rebalance not dev reduce difficultly

No, they did both. The ao3 bosses had many of their attacks removed/weakened. They basically reduced the damage they put out and raised their Hp, so the battles are longer and boring instead of faster and exciting/challenging.

Arterra
12-11-2010, 11:08 AM
there used to be a technique for farming exp in crush the keeper where bears push all mummies into corners so we could spam skills and go to next group. now... you just keep running along lol. the corner tactic is obsolete due to mummies being WEAK.

superglut2
12-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Well we should have elite maps for every lvl like instances where u can only get good items in there with a lvl cap for ALL elite maps. Maybe allow players of higher lvl to play low instance but lower the drop rates for pinks extremely.

Blaquehaaart
12-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Part of the problem is that it is easy from the early levels, so people get into the habit of spaming through levels. There isn't really any group roles in this game because no one needs to play them. 100% offense is an effective stategy for the game.

Frankly, mages and birds should be squisy they pump out way too much dps. That's what ruins the game...dps classes should have to manage their damage out put, while tanking classes should be always trying to maximize it. As it stands the best group make up is a group of all mages, because they do crazy dps, can tank, heal, and revive...it's basically an all in one class. Other classes aren't needed in this game.

TwinkTastical
12-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Anything difficult, has been made as easy as eating a popsicle... on a hot day

pcm2a
12-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Pocket Legends has to keep their game popular by making it playable in the "time" that people play phone games. People don't play 45 minute WoW dungeons while: taking a break at work, taking a dump, waiting for 10 minutes on the wife, in-between classes, etc. This game is great because you can start it up, run a dungeon in 5-10 minutes and log out.

Pocket Legends: Played in corporate bathrooms across the world.