PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] The Definitive Guide to Speed Leveling and Kraag Tomb 4

Serancha
03-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Introduction

In preparation for the Singe Rescue event, I spent quite a bit of time, along with my guildmates, to do comparisons and research on levelling strategies. The numbers that came up were pretty interesting, and it turns out that with our characters so strong now, WT4 is extremely inefficient for levelling. Perhaps it always was, but the stronger we get, the less benefit that tomb gives us.

The Problem with Watchers Tombs:

Mobs spawned by witches give 0 exp. and 0 kills — (rarely they do appear to count as kill, but we have concluded that the ones counting are likely native floor spawns — it is impossible to distinguish. Tests of witches in tombs all over Arlor prove that their 2 batches of 3 zombies give nothing.)

Watchers tombs are full of mages spawning crap — so more time killing for less reward. You can't even tell how many extra you're killing, since they all group up and (best calculation is that approximately 30% of the mobs don't give you kills or exp.).

In the Watchers tombs, a large number of the countable mobs also spawn out of the floors. These spawns are slow, meaning you need to go slow enough to allow them to come up. The faster you do a run, the less mobs you see, and therefore less experience gained.

Why Kraag 4?

Kraag crypts do not have any mage OR floor spawned mobs. This means you get experience as fast as it is possible to kill. The tomb is smaller, but the numbers are always the same, runs are faster, and pulls work very well — hit the first/second mob of a room and they all file out to die. There is no running into rooms or waiting for spawns.

Added bonus, all of the bosses drop crates like KM3. I have cleared 20 crates/hour in here on elixirs.

With a full exp. elixir stack and party, Pheonix members were getting a stable 480 exp. per run through the levelling race — and none of those runs were over 2 1/2 minutes, even with warriors.

I did several runs in WT4 and got only 500 exp. for a run almost twice as long (again with a fatty). I ran it with a dps team and got much less.

(I will note here that we do have numbers from several hundred runs accumulated. In the interest of keeping the guide uncluttered, I am not including the nitty gritty numbers. Anyone who wants to analyze further it can PM me for the charts.)

The Pull Guide

This can be reversed easily if you want to go the other way. The hallway mobs pull a bit differently depending which way you go, so experiment and pick which is comfortable.

We use 4 pulls for this guide, because this is for levelling. For speed runs this is not how one would do it (yes, Aze), but for levelling it is ideal.

If you do this map with 3 pulls, spreads your team out beyond experience sharing range. The person doing the pulls from ahead will experience a large drop in exp., and the rest of the team will also lose, although not quite as much. This pull map was calculated to always keep the team sharing exp. for highest gain all around.

The title on it is "revised" since we went through a few drafts while working out the most optimal setup. Enjoy.

And for you backwards people – The Reverse!

This is just one of many guides available to Pheonix members on our private site. Inquire to join and possibly be voted into our guild.

Reunegade
03-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Wow, nice! Now I have a new place to grind for the cap :)

Sariita
03-24-2014, 06:04 PM
I never even tried KT4 for leveling o.o

Serancha
03-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Great for crates too if you're lixed up.

Ravager
03-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Its also a good way for pve kills. Works great.

Ebezaanec
03-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Interesting guide. I'll try this out on my alts

Serancha
03-24-2014, 06:21 PM
I look forward to feedback. Remember using the alcoves makes them all run right to you. No chasing around or running back and forth. Mages put your back to the wall in those little areas and then hit your clock. The timeshift will then not prevent the mobs from gathering in front of you, but will still hit them with the massive DoT you want.

Reunegade
03-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Just wondering, which is more solo effective: this or WT4?

Serancha
03-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Kraag 4 is about 1000 times easier and also more efficient. Super easy solo

You need decent damage to kill the bosses, if you want to be doing the crate farming part of it.

They have medic packs like rogues, and will heal if you let them live long enough. However my legendary mage had no trouble with them, so if you are using good quality equipment, you'll be fine..

katish
03-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Sera, high quality guide, well done! Love the graph!

keikali
03-24-2014, 07:40 PM
I have to try this out on my Rogue or War to cap.

GoodSyntax
03-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Terrific guide!

Chihiro
03-24-2014, 07:54 PM
awesome guide! btw what is skill build you using in kt4?

papu
03-24-2014, 07:55 PM
nice guide, will try on my mage :)

Azemen
03-24-2014, 08:23 PM
How long does a solo rogue/mage run take?

Raregem
03-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Loved using this to cap this time around. Was quick, effective and not wasting time with the mage spawns in wt4 made leveling more enjoyable. Thanks for putting this together Sera, made leveling a lot easier for the whole guild.

Serancha
03-24-2014, 08:57 PM
How long does a solo rogue/mage run take?

I was doing solo runs in between 2:30 and 2:45 on both while leveling. It will take longer if you are leveling a new pet. I am over 3 minutes at the moment with a level 15 Sammy. But it gets faster as the pets gain power. With a pet the same level as you, it's super fast.

I will add the alternative run in when I get a chance. It's a nice version for farming, to get all 3 bosses, and a nice fast time. I was getting that run with 2:10 with legendary mage and mythic rogue both.

(Yes, there's another (potentially controversial) guide coming on how mobs actually scale up to compensate for mythics, and you can get virtually the same times with legendary armour. As well as another one on calculated experience stacking with both elixirs and parties. Our members have been using these for ages, but we will be releasing some over the next few weeks. Stay tuned.)

Frday
03-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Other than the fact that I can't go clockwise (Zoolander syndrome) I totally approve of this guide. I wish I could print the graph and post it at the entrance to KT4.

Serancha
03-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Just flip it over. I have a reverse version available for Pheonix members.

flluby2
03-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Always a fan of ur map guide Sera :-)

Serancha
03-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks Flubster. Added the reverse map to the main guide post.

Kimpling
03-24-2014, 10:17 PM

Serancha
03-24-2014, 10:18 PM
This is just a teaser Kimp...you know we have many more :p

Serancha
03-24-2014, 10:22 PM
awesome guide! btw what is skill build you using in kt4?

Thank you!

Build depends on what class I am playing. For rogue, I favour Aim, Nox, Pierce, Veil. Having one rogue with traps and another with veil is very nice also.

Mages I like Lightning, Fire, Ice, Timeshift - providing the mage does not have a premature clocking disorder.....so many do.

Warrior's horn is very nice to use for pulls, That 8m range can save a ton of running around. Tomb builds are quite different than normal ones for fatties. This is a tomb guide, however, so that can be discussed another place.

Azemen
03-24-2014, 10:53 PM
How much Xp without Elixar? Is km4 still best for lvling without any Xp elixirs compared to other maps?

Serancha
03-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Elixirs are just multipliers of the base i amount of xp. KT4 averages 30% more xp/minute than WT4.

The initial value for Kraag 4 with no party, no elixirs and no abaddon is 148exp

The initial value for WT4 changes. For a solo person killing every mob it is 230 but takes over twice as long. If you add speed to that, the number of mobs you gain xp from drops, because you are not waiting for them to spawn. You are also killing a ton of mobs that count for 0, and can not tell them apart visually or avoid them to save energy.

I have a full guide on how much exp party members / elixirs / abaddon add to this initial amount, individually and together, but it is too much to post here. It's an entire other guide.

Edit: the maps of the new expansion have the highest xp multiplier, but are very spread out and take a bit to kill. The mob density and speed of tomb runs means that for speed leveling, this is where you should be.

Anarchist
03-25-2014, 04:31 AM
Thanks Serancha this guide has proven itself to be very useful for me! :)

Uikuha
03-25-2014, 07:31 AM
Interesting guide, never tried leveling there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeremyfr
03-25-2014, 12:17 PM
This guide helped me Cap so fast, running with all our Pheonixes made it quite easy!

Thanks a lot Ser :*

Bigboyblue
03-25-2014, 03:30 PM
This is where I do most of my leveling. Did it mainly for the chance at crates. Great guide and good to know its better than WT4. I'll pretend I knew that all along lol. I will start using your pull and kill points. Once again great job on the guide. One of the best I've seen.

Bozooka
03-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks grinded to 41 in tombs on my Mage , I'll have to give Kragg a try on alts , very well thought out Serancha , thanks for experimenting diddnt know much of this now I do , Totally awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endkey
03-26-2014, 06:10 AM
Awesome guide...sorry out of thanks serancha...:(

Khairi
03-26-2014, 06:16 AM
I'm now currently grind my war in KT4 , thanks to this guide. My guildmates now are leveling there as well. +1

Sent from my grandpa's Nokia 3310

Ilvias
03-26-2014, 06:36 AM
Great Guide Sera as always. :smile: Efficient and quick leveling there. Thanks.

Serancha
03-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the support everyone. I admit I was a lil afraid to post it, but it seems the timing was good.

I often use this map rather than km3 for my crate farming, I seem to have a lot more luck here. But then many still say km3 is better. It's all luck - they're likely about the same.

Rare
03-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Here are some numbers:

Solo Warrior L36:

Kraag 4: 147 xp, no bosses
WT4: 257 xp, no bosses

It took 83% longer to solo wt4 than Kraag (not going to post times because, well, I don't want to distract you from the numbers :p)

Kraag Xp/sec = Xp / T = 147/T
WT4 Xp/sec = Xp / 1.83T = 140/T

So 5% more xp per second in Kraag than in WT4 (THAT'S HALF AN ABBADON!!!).

T is just a factor and doesn't affect the ratio.

In addition to that, I used less than 1/4 of the pots I used in WT4 while running Kraag.

Disclaimer: This was only 1 run in each tomb.

Serancha
03-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Very cool, thanks Aed. Warrior also goes the slowest, so gets all the floor spawns in WT4, which mages and rogues usually miss by speeding through. The percentages are slightly different for dps classes (9-14% more efficient), but the trend is the same. Awesome.

Madnex
03-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Very nice indeed. Most people blindly follow the WT4 "unwritten rule" for powerleveling only there which is silly.
I'm intrigued, maybe I'll bring an alt or two to pheonix after all. :)

Waheedski
03-28-2014, 06:13 AM
An excellent guide, I will use these tactics to pull to help my buddy Mage level to 41.

Thank you for this excellent guide :)

Serancha
03-28-2014, 09:13 AM
maybe I'll bring an alt or two to pheonix after all. :)

Why does this sentence make me a little scared?

Haha, thank you

Bozooka
04-03-2014, 03:02 AM
Tried to form a party ... No one wants to try it all they wanna run is boring old wt4 ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serancha
04-03-2014, 05:12 AM
They'll learn. At the start of season 4, there was a yeti issue which caused sts to change all spawned mobs to give 0xp. Before that, WT4 was indeed best, but since the spawns give nothing now, it is mostly a waste of time trying to level there. Not to mention the lack of loot.

Anarchial
04-03-2014, 06:34 AM
Omg it seems my grinding in wt4 is wasted :( i usually wait for floor spawns to come up but i never actually noticed that it gives 0 xp -_- ...thx wt4 is my new spot ..thanks sera

Serancha
04-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Well it gives xp, just not all the mobs do. The witch's zombies do not, and they are a large part of that map population. Glad you found this helpful!

Anarchial
04-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I just did the maths using my warrior solo:
Kt4 gave 162 xp for 4 mins.
Wt4 gave 270xp for 8mins.
In kt4 i used only 4-5 pots combined.
In wt4 i used more than 10 pots.

And its so easy pulling mobs in kt4. Although I dont kill bosses in kt4 because with warrior it just takes up time.

Really glad that u put up your guide here with even a map. All I can add here this that the mathematics included in your guide is 100% correct

Serancha
04-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Always love when people test these things themselves. Nice work, thanks!

csyui
04-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Mobs spawned by witch do count into kill and give XP. Watcher tombs is still the best place to farm kills and lvling up (for mage :adoration:).

Serancha
04-07-2014, 07:49 AM
The facts in this guide have been proven by over 20 players including all classes. If you are seeing zombies count, they are floor spawns, not mage spawns. Go test on the first mage in km3 or wt3 - they are easy to isolate. Also the mages in lost mages mine are easy to isolate for testing.

Euldor
04-07-2014, 08:14 AM
I tried KT4 the other day. You were right about it being quicker. It's better than WT4 hands down. You kill two birds with one stone. Pve kill and crates farming. Nice guide!

csyui
04-07-2014, 09:50 AM
The facts in this guide have been proven by over 20 players including all classes. If you are seeing zombies count, they are floor spawns, not mage spawns. Go test on the first mage in km3 or wt3 - they are easy to isolate. Also the mages in lost mages mine are easy to isolate for testing.

I would not post my thread without testing. So either your fact doesn't stay, or I tested in a wrong way.
When I tested in WT1, all the mobs triggered by the first witch I met count into my PvE kills.

Serancha
04-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Even If that is correct, it is a moot point. Kraag 4 would still much faster, since all mobs are spawned on entry to the room, and you can level/gain kills as fast as it is possible to kill. To benefit at all in watchers tombs you need to go slow enough to wait for all the floor spawns which are not triggered until you walk over a spot.

Therefore even IF they changed it and witch spawns counted, Kraag 4 would still be unquestionably faster.

Edit: I just killed 6 mage-spawned zombies and got 0 kills. The facts remain. Witches count as 1 kill, their summoned mobs count as 0. Test in watchers tomb 3, where there are 2 mages you can trigger at the beginning to spawn mobs with no natural floor spawns.

Madnex
04-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Just to clear this out, sera's correct. Here's why:

The witch-type mobs have two options for offense. One is a fireball-like attack (without the blast radius) and the other summons six (6) unarmored skeletons to fight for her. The second one can be easily spotted because a red conical zone appears in front of the witch yet no direct damage is done from an attack.

In conclusion, the mobs that do not count for PvE/EXP are the ones called forward by the witch's "skill", not the ones that naturally spawn around her when you approach certain areas on the map. Different spawn triggers, different killing rewards.

notfaded1
04-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Just to clear this out, sera's correct. Here's why:

The witch-type mobs have two options for offense. One is a fireball-like attack (without the blast radius) and the other summons six (6) unarmored skeletons to fight for her. The second one can be easily spotted because a red conical zone appears in front of the witch yet no direct damage is done from an attack.

In conclusion, the mobs that do not count for PvE/EXP are the ones called forward by the witch's "skill", not the ones that naturally spawn around her when you approach certain areas on the map. Different spawn triggers, different killing rewards.
Omnisorc is correct... verifying Serancha that witch summoned skeletons give no awards which like omni stated aren't really mobs at all but actually just another form of attack which the witches do... It's almost like the unarmored skeletons are just magical weapons themselves used by the witches.

Waheedski
05-11-2014, 02:47 AM
I use this guide to help level my fellow guildies, one of the rogues swears without elixirs it's a gain of 240xp per run. Approx 12 runs gets her boosted up to the next level. That rogue is grinding to 41 now with a level 30 in tow, obviously due to the huge level gaps our run is way slower. But I would like to say killing all bosses and party from level 30 to 41, it's a 5 minute run for us, under 6 if we're lazy, careless, or chatting LOL.

I am sure when level 30 rogue powers up and we ignore boss fights our times will be way faster but we got greedy for crates :)

Awesome guide!

Waheedski
05-11-2014, 11:58 AM
I use this guide to help level my fellow guildies, one of the rogues swears without elixirs it's a gain of 240xp per run. Approx 12 runs gets her boosted up to the next level. That rogue is grinding to 41 now with a level 30 in tow, obviously due to the huge level gaps our run is way slower. But I would like to say killing all bosses and party from level 30 to 41, it's a 5 minute run for us, under 6 if we're lazy, careless, or chatting LOL.

I am sure when level 30 rogue powers up and we ignore boss fights our times will be way faster but we got greedy for crates :)

Awesome guide!

I would just like to further add, a few tweaks of this guide and myself and a rogue cleared this in sub 3 minutes. EXCELLENT GUIDE!

officiallyjun
05-13-2014, 09:38 AM
i was thinking the same, this guide really helpful and give detail information. Well done!

manhands
05-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Heck of a post. There's so much to learn in the game and it's nice to have an explanation with some serious logic/data behind it. I have often questioned the purpose of guilds in AL but seeing data like this, it's great to see your mindset behind leveling up smartly with a group of like minded heroes. Work smarter-not harder.

Serancha
05-17-2014, 10:17 AM
All guilds have different philosophies / styles. At Pheonix we are information orientated, giving members the tools they need to ensure the best gaming experience possible. This guide is just one example :)

So thrilled everyone is enjoying the guide. Great to see!

keuiks
06-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Awesome

------------------>KEUIKS<-------------------

ALlIsWell
06-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Good thing about wt4 is that you can find a party easily .

Serancha
06-13-2014, 12:12 AM
That is changing quickly. Every week the number of people at Kraag increases. It takes time to change a game-wide tradition that lingers based on a misguided belief, but it is changing day by day, as the contents of this guide become more well known.

In any case, KT4 can be soloed easily, so you don't need to waste time looking for a party.

Bigboyblue
06-13-2014, 07:13 AM
I leveled my mage solo running at 3 minutes per run. Easy, quick and grab some locks along the journey. My rogue is currently level 31 and is a bit slower solo. Taking me around 4 to 4.5 mins per run. Still like KT4 way more than WT4. Funner place to level really.

xHellzx
06-14-2014, 04:57 AM
I leveled my mage solo running at 3 minutes per run. Easy, quick and grab some locks along the journey. My rogue is currently level 31 and is a bit slower solo. Taking me around 4 to 4.5 mins per run. Still like KT4 way more than WT4. Funner place to level really.

Was that with elixir? (On mage) because currently I'm lvl 24 on my mage fully season elites equipped. And need about 5mins for kt3 non elixir and solo. I play on a tablet idk if that's a huge difference .. i know for sure that PC gives you a little edge as u can skill n pot same time.

Bigboyblue
06-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Was that with elixir? (On mage) because currently I'm lvl 24 on my mage fully season elites equipped. And need about 5mins for kt3 non elixir and solo. I play on a tablet idk if that's a huge difference .. i know for sure that PC gives you a little edge as u can skill n pot same time.

No elixirs. You have to follow the pull points and kill areas that are listed on the first page pretty closely if you want to get to that time. I didn't find this guide until I was in the 30's with my mage. Might be slower at your level. My rogue's speed for these runs increased at around level 30. May be the same for mages.

Monsteriveelt
06-17-2014, 11:17 AM
I have a question if you go with 4 people cant you divide up and it will be more faster wouldn't it?

Bigboyblue
06-17-2014, 12:00 PM
In a good party it is faster. However mobs scale up as more players enter a map. It can actually be slower if you don't get a good party.

Serancha
06-17-2014, 12:36 PM
I have a question if you go with 4 people cant you divide up and it will be more faster wouldn't it?

You can only share experience if you are close to each other. This why the guide is done in 4 pulls rather than 3. By doing 3 pulls, one person gets too far away from the party, so everyone loses experience. You can only be up to 1 room apart (i.e. The distance between room 1 and room 2) before experience sharing is disabled. Splitting up just means doing a whole lot more runs.

Kreasadriii
06-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Add drop locked crates on ur list :)
I was trying KT4 and dropped locked ^^

Its very very nice thread, helpful and makes people thinks for another leveling place..
Good Job!! :D :D :D

Anegriv
06-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Well, I guess I'll be doing runs at Kraag now.

Anegriv
06-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Or not. No one ever runs there.

Azemen
06-19-2014, 11:52 AM
How many kills does kt4 give if done solo?

What would be the most efficient place to farm kills for rogues?

Serancha
06-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Kraag 4 is waaay more efficient for kills, no matter what class you are.

You use 1/10 the pots, don't have to wait for spawns to come out of the floor, ALL the mobs count as kills, and crates drop like candy. All those mobs in WT4 that give 0 exp also give 0 kills, making it the same for both kills and leveling.

Serancha
06-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Or not. No one ever runs there.

Most people have already leveled at this time in the season. You'll have trouble finding a leveling party anywhere. That has nothing to do with this guide.

Anegriv
06-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Most people have already leveled at this time in the season. You'll have trouble finding a leveling party anywhere. That has nothing to do with this guide.

I especially have trouble finding a party at KT4. Everyone is either doing WT4 or The Wilds. It is a nice guide though, I'm sure I'll have more use for it next level cap.

Euldor
06-20-2014, 03:17 AM
I especially have trouble finding a party at KT4. Everyone is either doing WT4 or The Wilds. It is a nice guide though, I'm sure I'll have more use for it next level cap.

People are still hung up on the myth that is WT4.
KT4 has been proven to be a quicker, more efficient way to rack up pve kills, farm locks, and level up all at the same time.

Azemen
06-20-2014, 12:08 PM
My runs are about 5 mins long, the pulls are a bit too much for me :/
What do you do for maximum efficiency?

Would kt2 or some other alternative be better?

Kalahesi
06-20-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm a rogue and I solo kt4 under 3mins, just need to pull the mobs right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Serancha
06-20-2014, 12:48 PM
My runs are about 5 mins long, the pulls are a bit too much for me :/
What do you do for maximum efficiency?

Would kt2 or some other alternative be better?

Any of the kraag tombs are excellent. Another option for 4 is to do half-runs. You can do the first half, pull the boss from the first room on the other side. That makes the kill count enough that the third boss spawns. So 3 bosses and most of the mobs in about 2:30.

Thewitch
06-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Very nice guide!

Normally when I have leveled in kt4 I have done the wrong pulls, now I can kill mobs much more easier!
Thank you for excellent guide! :)

Justfofun
06-25-2014, 01:58 PM

Serancha
06-26-2014, 03:05 PM
Not sure I get the problem. That isn't even a KT4 screenshot.

Syberg
07-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Amazing guide, sadly I do not want to leave my guild for more guides :/ maybe some friendly sharing? (grinded with gold :D) Anyway, I see alot of work here! +1

Serancha
07-12-2014, 11:18 PM
More guides will be released ove time. Keep an eye out.

Note: Kraag 4 is also awesome for essence farming. Get essences while leveling pets and farming for crates!

Syberg
07-13-2014, 03:21 AM
More guides will be released ove time. Keep an eye out.

Note: Kraag 4 is also awesome for essence farming. Get essences while leveling pets and farming for crates!
well I dont know, but wt4 good if you have very good party :-) me and few strangers have got 6mins time for whole lap (no boss) that was my personal record! I believe you could not beat it with Kraag tombs? But later we will try it out! Still one of the best guides out here.

Serancha
07-13-2014, 08:12 AM
well I dont know, but wt4 good if you have very good party :-) me and few strangers have got 6mins time for whole lap (no boss) that was my personal record! I believe you could not beat it with Kraag tombs? But later we will try it out! Still one of the best guides out here.

Try it out. I solo kraag in around 3 minutes, with all mobs and all 3 bosses.

Syberg
07-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Instead of runing Kraag Tombs, I called ishxmeet and we were runing Watchers' Tombs Fourth Level. So we, two sorcerers got amazing things out of this! 4mins(a bit over).
After few runs ish called his friends and we ran again, that was even better! We ran it in less than 4 mins (well few seconds, but still).
You just need to have strategies and good equipment. If you dont have myth items, or you are not sorcerer then I believe that Kraag is better..
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/14/sa9uba2u.jpg
(this was not our fastest run, but I thought of making screenshot at last run :( )
We havent killed boss and ~5mobs (Witches has more HP and as we have been doing speed runs :/)

Serancha
07-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Yes, but you need to read the rest of the original post regarding the fact that over half the mobs you kill in WT4 count for 0 pve and 0 exp. If you like killing useless mobs, be my guest. The purpose of this guide is about efficiency, nothing else.

Syberg
07-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Yes, but you need to read the rest of the original post regarding the fact that over half the mobs you kill in WT4 count for 0 pve and 0 exp. If you like killing useless mobs, be my guest. The purpose of this guide is about efficiency, nothing else.
But if you kill all mobs useless or usefull ones faster than KT mobs it means more XP/Min :-)

Serancha
07-14-2014, 01:29 AM
But if you kill all mobs useless or usefull ones faster than KT mobs it means more XP/Min :-)

A decent team can run Kraag in 1:30 - 2 min. The math is all there, the point has been made. People can do with it what they wish.

Syberg
07-14-2014, 01:33 AM
A decent team can run Kraag in 1:30 - 2 min. The math is all there, the point has been made. People can do with it what they wish.
Ehh I just can say I am have been beaten ._. Sorry for complaining!
Just one thing: Its not that easy as WT..
For my mage KT takes about 5minutes, you say that in WT it takes time to spawn mobs from the floor, but you it takes time to get those pulls at KT! At WT4 you just run around and all mobs will follow you pretty fast, at KT4 if you run alone its slower since more mobs are at rooms (walls slow down mobs since they want to follow you in direct line) so for soloing I think WT is slighty better than KT (and about those Witches, rogue should be able to kill them in one hit, so why not to take rogue along?)
But yes, for party KT4 IS better :-)

Ishtmeet
07-14-2014, 02:15 AM

The witches spawn skeletons two times. The first group that spawns gives xp, and if you're late enough to kill witch, there will be more skeletons that don't give xp. :)
That's what we need to do. Kill witch after 1st set of mobs in wt4

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Syberg
07-14-2014, 03:01 AM
The witches spawn skeletons two times. The first group that spawns gives xp, and if you're late enough to kill witch, there will be more skeletons that don't give xp. :)

You may be right! I believe you mean that those "Floor Spawns" Are exacly just Witches?

Ishtmeet
07-14-2014, 03:12 AM
You may be right! I believe you mean that those "Floor Spawns" Are exacly just Witches?

Yes the mobs those spawn from ground are because of witches. You may test it. Pull 1 witch, kill the first set of mobs spawned and wait till other set comes. The first set will give you kills and as well as xp 2nd set will not give.
In practical: A wt4 without elixirs give you around 220 xp and 220 kills approx. If those skeletons didn't give xp, how do we get so much xp then? Its just because of those witches ? There are no more than 40 witches. But I feel kt4 is also a good way to get xp too. Depends on the player what he chooses, and I prefer watcher tombs FTW.

Ansm
07-14-2014, 03:19 AM
So.. you mean Kraag Tomb 4 is better than Watchers Tomb 4 in Leveling and Hunt Essences?

Syberg
07-14-2014, 03:19 AM
Yes the mobs those spawn from ground are because of witches. You may test it. Pull 1 witch, kill the first set of mobs spawned and wait till other set comes. The first set will give you kills and as well as xp 2nd set will not give.
In practical: A wt4 without elixirs give you around 220 xp and 220 kills approx. If those skeletons didn't give xp, how do we get so much xp then? Its just because of those witches ? There are no more than 40 witches. But I feel kt4 is also a good way to get xp too. Depends on the player what he chooses, and I prefer watcher tombs FTW.

Thanks for clearing it up :-)
I was just shocked that WT worse than KT :D
But I think its depends on class which one is better, for me as a sorcerer WT4 is second home, while rogues will have hard time of those mobs spawning around (Everyone know that rogue is stroner when there are less mobs). And when in KT4 No one spawn anything and mobs number not increasing its pretty easy to kill mobs fast.
Now only problem is warrio, What is best for this tanking class?

(Its written only about solo!)

Ishtmeet
07-14-2014, 03:25 AM
One of our guild mate just made It to top 25 in pve kills (warrior). He prefers Wt4 for fast runs. I can conclude. Wt4= fast runs, more potions and lil more xp than kt4.
Kt4= fast runs(faster than wt4, less potions and 60-70 less xp per run than wt4)
Both are same :)

Atten
07-14-2014, 07:00 AM
After reading this thread,I level up my low level mage in KT4 and it works way better in all ways.(Less potions wasted,faster,more essences)

Serancha
07-14-2014, 10:45 AM

Actually neither set gives xp.

To test witches without anything else involved, use the very beginning of Watchers Tomb 3. There are 3 witches there that you can fight without triggering any other mobs.

There are a lot of mobs that spawn from the floor if you go slowly. These mobs are not witch spawns, but can be mistaken for them, which is why people sometimes think witch mobs give exp.

So.. you mean Kraag Tomb 4 is better than Watchers Tomb 4 in Leveling and Hunt Essences?

Probably about the same for essences, but definitely Kraag for xp, and you can get crates too.

One of our guild mate just made It to top 25 in pve kills (warrior). He prefers Wt4 for fast runs. I can conclude. Wt4= fast runs, more potions and lil more xp than kt4.

Ravagerx uses Kraag.

Rare
07-14-2014, 11:07 AM

I can solo KT4 in < 2.5m

Best best party I've run with in WT4 is just under 4 minutes.

Less pots, faster, less garbage mobs

Bigboyblue
07-14-2014, 12:47 PM
KT4 also gives you crates. Running solo with a mage I kill all mobs and 2 bosses in around 2:45. This is with a lep on. Made me feel better leveling up when a locked crate would drop.

Syberg
07-14-2014, 12:56 PM
I can solo KT4 in < 2.5m

Best best party I've run with in WT4 is just under 4 minutes.

Less pots, faster, less garbage mobs
You need to solo at least at 2 minutes to reach wt4 level.
Its SEEMS that its better, its easier to stay alive because less mobs and its really reminds me of backenbridge :-)
As Arlorians like to say "The Best City Of Kraag" should have the best tombs too? huh?
still with lower gear for me its imposible to solo Kraag faster than WT, I believe its same for everyone unless you have new gear (mythic prefered).
And as Ishxmeet have said do not let for witches to spawn mobs if you dont like to fight the mass.

Serancha
07-14-2014, 01:00 PM
What kind of math are you basing this on? Where are your facts? Anyone can say blah blah this is so, but unless you back it with numbers it's just dust in the wind. Find another guide to troll. This one is already proven.

notfaded1
07-14-2014, 01:29 PM
You can do what you want but this research had made seasoned endgame players learn that there's always room to improve and you can't argue with the data and you can, and many have, verified this research Serancha did. It's legitimate science at this point... just saying. When I need to level pets or toons I've changed where I go often. I still goto WT but it's only because that's where everyone else is still. We'd prolly be better off if more would switch to Kragg. It'll be interesting to see how this effects next level cap when it comes!

Syberg
07-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Oh I see its become drama from discussion, what kind of numbers you need? Me and ishxmeet could run wt4 if you need time. Who said I do not have numbers?
And I am not trolling, I am trying to make as much pros and sins about those two tombs.
But I have no idea why you so sure that wt4 is so bad? Yes, you kill alot of useless mobs if you can not kill witches fast, yes with bad party it takes 10minutes to run it (And I done KT with pretty bad party in +5minutes). In my eyes they are both nearly the same.
Its just that sorcerers do not have problems to kill high amount of mobs, when they are attacking in same time (In other words they can just destroy any amount of pulled mobs). While rogue has good 1v1 skills. They dont have any high AoE attacks, as sorcerers do.
KT4 do not have any more mobs than its shown, thats means rogue with some skills (this guide can give you enough of skills) can kill them one-by-one pretty fast.
If rogue goes to WT4 and those useless mobs spawns 2 times, that makes alot more work for ROGUES.
Now lets see what is about sorcerers.
At KT4 sorcerer is pretty good with gun (Guns usually have higher distance). But skills does not works good for speed runs. Because:
When you do pulls, mobs runs one-by-one with some spaces between them. And since at KT4 you need to run pretty much, if you want to kill mobs with AoE skills, your skills would not be so effective as it would be in WT4 (In WT, you need run less, but XP is nearly the same, you just need to kill a bit more (what does it means to kill 10 more mobs with AoE attacks? Yes, its nothing).
So in MY opinion without any "Trolling" WT4 is better for sorcerers and KT4 is better for rogues.

!I do not want to make any drama here or ruin this good guide, I just want to say my own opinion!

Serancha
07-14-2014, 02:48 PM
I don't need numbers. They are already posted and the research conclusive. BTW over half the respondants on this thread are pro mages.

Ansm
07-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Actually neither set gives xp.

To test witches without anything else involved, use the very beginning of Watchers Tomb 3. There are 3 witches there that you can fight without triggering any other mobs.

There are a lot of mobs that spawn from the floor if you go slowly. These mobs are not witch spawns, but can be mistaken for them, which is why people sometimes think witch mobs give exp.

Probably about the same for essences, but definitely Kraag for xp, and you can get crates too.

Ravagerx uses Kraag.
Oh ok thank you :) is the Mobs of WT4 is more than the Mobs of KT4?

Serancha
07-14-2014, 07:55 PM
There's no witches in Kraag, and no zombies (no no nasty Skratch jumping out to kill ya). It's goblin town.

Rare
07-15-2014, 05:20 AM
Here is the data so far. I'll collect more today.

Wt4:
4:24, 235 kills --> 235 k/264 s = 0.89 k/s
4:09, 235 kills --> 0.94 k/s
4:40, 236 kills --> 0.84 k/s

Kt4:
2:27, 139 kills --> 139 k/147 s = 0.95 k/s
2:38, 140 kills --> 0.88 k/s
2:32, 140 kills --> 0.92 k/s

So far they are about even. But we'll see over a larger sample size. Some key points to mention as others already have... there are three bosses in kt. Each can drop crates. It also requires far fewer pots on average in kraag tombs.

In reality though, its really a matter of preference. They ate very close in terms of xp/kill per time.

Classychic
07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
There's no witches in Kraag, and no zombies (no no nasty Skratch jumping out to kill ya). It's goblin town.

Skratch always ruins a run. So, yes to KT4 for not having him randomly pop in for a kill.

Some mages I talked to prefer wt4 because they don't like having to wait for mobs to gather when they can just spam skills along the way. For a rogue, however, kt4 is extremely efficient and pot-friendly.

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...

Serancha
07-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Here is the data so far. I'll collect more today.

Wt4:
4:24, 235 kills --> 235 k/264 s = 0.89 k/s
4:09, 235 kills --> 0.94 k/s
4:40, 236 kills --> 0.84 k/s

Kt4:
2:27, 139 kills --> 139 k/147 s = 0.95 k/s
2:38, 140 kills --> 0.88 k/s
2:32, 140 kills --> 0.92 k/s

So far they are about even. But we'll see over a larger sample size. Some key points to mention as others already have... there are three bosses in kt. Each can drop crates. It also requires far fewer pots on average in kraag tombs.

In reality though, its really a matter of preference. They ate very close in terms of xp/kill per time.

DId you kill the bosses, or no?

Rare
07-16-2014, 09:22 AM
DId you kill the bosses, or no?

No, none of these are boss kills. Well, not the end boss in KT4 anyway. Those other bosses usually get killed in cross fire.

Serancha
07-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Coolio.

Ishtmeet
07-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Don't want to post a view at a thread, where the thread poster shows no respect to the ones against the thread.
For xp
Kt4 good for solo
Wt4 good for party.
Well with 7day xp+ combo+ normal xp elixir, I get 820xp per run in wt4. Run takes 4.00 mins.
In kt4, With those xp elixirs, I get 420 xp in 2.30mins.
If you can do further mathematics, you'll see that which one gives better xp output/min

Serancha
07-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Please read the entire initial post. We have the numbers showing how much exp / time each run gives. There are many reasons one is better than the other on top of this.

Plus, even devs use Kraag :)

Bigboyblue
07-18-2014, 12:12 PM
We have a very well put together guide here. This guide is how I capped my toon. I just wish it could be kept as a good guide thread and all this non sense would stop. Some people feel that their way is better than others. This is natural in life. It doesn't mean that you need to go out and make a point of putting others down that don't share your view point. I can't blame an OP when they are defensive towards people that are attacking their thread. There is plenty more space to post a new thread in the guide section. If you have a method that you feel is superior, or even just different, then I suggest it be brought forth under a new thread.

Syberg
07-19-2014, 03:15 PM
We have a very well put together guide here. This guide is how I capped my toon. I just wish it could be kept as a good guide thread and all this non sense would stop. Some people feel that their way is better than others. This is natural in life. It doesn't mean that you need to go out and make a point of putting others down that don't share your view point. I can't blame an OP when they are defensive towards people that are attacking their thread. There is plenty more space to post a new thread in the guide section. If you have a method that you feel is superior, or even just different, then I suggest it be brought forth under a new thread.
Neither me, nor Ishtmeet said that this thread is bad. We are just giving out numbers that KT4 is good for solo and since its hard to find GOOD party for WT4 peoples prefer KT4..
And since we both like xp runs with party, we prefer WT4..
Its my last post, since as Ishtmeet said we have no respect for our opinion in this thread even with all these numbers..

Serancha
07-19-2014, 04:27 PM
This guide was made in March. The point was made back then. Why you are deciding to make an issue of it months after it's been established, without reading the entire guide, is why your opinions are not getting the respect you are hoping for. I respect people who make informed comments with all the facts, but it was clear you had never even run kraag, since you said you needed to go into all the rooms to pull the mobs. If you read the guide and ran the map, you would know this is not the case.

The guide is also not based on opinions, and while it's nice to have those, that is not the purpose of this guide. This isn't a debate, but an information resource. What people do with it is up to them - the guide provides people the ability to make informed decisions. People saying they prefer WT4 is not useful to this discussion, because it is an opinion. The numbers were posted with the guide, so the information you provided is not adding to anything here. If you like wt4 that much, then feel free to make your own guide, but the nasty comments are uncalled for and out of line.

Arpluvial
07-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Hey guys! Let's make sure that we are keeping on topic and friendly. :)

Ishtmeet
07-20-2014, 05:04 AM
Neither me, nor Ishtmeet said that this thread is bad. We are just giving out numbers that KT4 is good for solo and since its hard to find GOOD party for WT4 peoples prefer KT4..
And since we both like xp runs with party, we prefer WT4..
Its my last post, since as Ishtmeet said we have no respect for our opinion in this thread even with all these numbers..

Leave it!
Cheers
No need to prove what's wrong or right. We know, that's all what matters.

Ishtmeet
07-20-2014, 12:10 PM
If your way is so great, go put in the time and effort to make a guide for WT4, just as Serancha did here. Others, including myself and probably Serancha, will be supportive of it. Proving you are right by disproving another person is wrong and is counterproductive. In other words, what you're basically saying to anyone who reads this thread is that this is all wrong, yet you don't want to put together a guide for the "correct" way, which is of no help to anyone, ever.

There's no reason that Serancha should even have to defend this great thread against you or syberg. Put up a guide for WT4, make sure to post run times and XP gain and let others decide. At the end of the day, looking at the big picture, in the grand scheme of playing this game, the difference between the two will be negligible. You cap from 36 to 41 in a day, so I don't see what you're making a fuss about, but at least there is a guide here for new players. If you truly want to have the last word, do it the right way and start a new thread called WT4 Guide. Peace!

Lol who said this thread is wrong? If you don't know what I opposed, don't write anything. I've even thanked this thread. This discussion started in the last 40th post where serancha said, you don't get xp from floor spawns and those floor spawns are not because of witches.
For you: go in wt4, km3, hauntled and kill that witch in one hit and see whether those mobs spawn? And then again check it by waiting. Those floor spawns give xp and kill as well. That's the second set of mobs that spawn which don't give kill or xp.
Peace!

conradev
07-20-2014, 05:31 PM
KT4 is undoubtedly best essence farming for event, you will get mostly energy essence, then elondrian, then glacial, and a few fire...never once seen a blood essence from that area which is good for me.

Ishtmeet
07-20-2014, 05:54 PM
^ ^ ^

MoloToha
07-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Hey, very nice guide, kill points help a lot in soloing tombs. But although your announced time of soloing this tomb with rogue is 2.5 mins, my rogue (lvl 36, no mythics, no supergems, using lvl 36 quills of brutality) soloes this tomb for about 3.5 mins. My build is standard (max aim+max nox+1/5 piercer+4/5 veil), at kill points I use veil+charged nox+uncharged aim (for crit boost)+auto-attack spam. Am I doing something wrong, or it's all just about gear?

Serancha
07-23-2014, 04:02 PM
It gets faster as you get more practiced at it and optimize your pulls. Daggers are faster than bow, in general.

Still 3.5 is a pretty decent time. This guide was made at the end of season 5, so using mostly level 36 end-of-season stats. It needs to be remembered that tomb mobs scale with your level also. Any increase in time here will apply across all tombs though, so the comparison numbers remain accurate. For a full run including all bosses and mobs, I'm about 3 minutes solo at level 41 with tons of experience in the map, so you're on track.

Also something I've noticed, is that your run times will get faster if you repeatedly use charged nox when doing the pulls. This is because it spreads the poison through the groups of mobs, so by the time you get back into the alcove to killl them in a bunch, many are already at low health.

(Disclaimer: This charged nox approach does not apply to lb speed running, just soloing this style tomb with mid-high density mob population)

Bigboyblue
07-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Hey, very nice guide, kill points help a lot in soloing tombs. But although your announced time of soloing this tomb with rogue is 2.5 mins, my rogue (lvl 36, no mythics, no supergems, using lvl 36 quills of brutality) soloes this tomb for about 3.5 mins. My build is standard (max aim+max nox+1/5 piercer+4/5 veil), at kill points I use veil+charged nox+uncharged aim (for crit boost)+auto-attack spam. Am I doing something wrong, or it's all just about gear?

Sera is a pro speed runner. I complete the tomb in around the same time as you on my rogue. I use the same strategy as you and have similar gear. I may give it a go using daggers and see what difference that makes. Also, something tells me that I would be quicker on Chrome. I pot a lot as a rogue and on tabs or phones you have to take your finger off the attack to spam pots. The other option is to take your thumb off the movement joystick(good in elites) but I don't like standing still in tombs. Take far too much damage that way. On the cpu you can do both at once.

MoloToha
07-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Sera is a pro speed runner. I complete the tomb in around the same time as you on my rogue. I use the same strategy as you and have similar gear. I may give it a go using daggers and see what difference that makes. Also, something tells me that I would be quicker on Chrome. I pot a lot as a rogue and on tabs or phones you have to take your finger off the attack to spam pots. The other option is to take your thumb off the movement joystick(good in elites) but I don't like standing still in tombs. Take far too much damage that way. On the cpu you can do both at once.
I prefer daggers in tombs, because mobs at kill points are tightly packed, so losing multiple target attack for the sake of little damage increase is unreasonable, I think.

SacredKnight
07-25-2014, 10:17 PM
If only we could actually get more people in Kraag

Thexkid
07-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Awesome Guide! I shall try this when i decide to cap.

MoloToha
07-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Besides, Razor shield works pretty well when soloing kt4. If you have upgrades for duration and bleed (dodge is recommended, too, but not spinning freedom), you can speed up your runs by 20-30 secs (if you didn't use it). Unfortunately, your pet stays out of kill point and can't provide you with his buff, so charging your razors and then tapping Ribbit's/Gyrm's AA won't work(( Anyway, you can spam uncharged aimed and have a constant +30% crit boost, which is pretty decent.

Haligali
07-28-2014, 05:35 AM
On next lvl cap, should make a race between two teams, one in wt4 and one in kt4. All top50 what i know lvld in wt4 this season so im a bit sceptic but never know.

Serancha
07-28-2014, 02:21 PM
I was hoping to do this last cap, but was 3 hours late starting due to work, so it screwed the plan.

notfaded1
07-29-2014, 09:29 AM
It gets faster as you get more practiced at it and optimize your pulls. Daggers are faster than bow, in general.

Still 3.5 is a pretty decent time. This guide was made at the end of season 5, so using mostly level 36 end-of-season stats. It needs to be remembered that tomb mobs scale with your level also. Any increase in time here will apply across all tombs though, so the comparison numbers remain accurate. For a full run including all bosses and mobs, I'm about 3 minutes solo at level 41 with tons of experience in the map, so you're on track.

Also something I've noticed, is that your run times will get faster if you repeatedly use charged nox when doing the pulls. This is because it spreads the poison through the groups of mobs, so by the time you get back into the alcove to killl them in a bunch, many are already at low health.

(Disclaimer: This charged nox approach does not apply to lb speed running, just soloing this style tomb with mid-high density mob population)

I can vouch a 100% for this nox is a must... bleeding ticks spread well the more closer the mobs are the more the chance the nox will spread and it doesn't get much closer than in these areas.

I know where I'll be next level cap... js. :^} And actually during level cap the essences are a pain in the u know cause they fill ur inventory o.O

Also I'm not going into any detail... but there's an easier way to get the essences.

Serancha
07-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Boulder. No details needed. Lol It's not a big secret.

Avshow
10-19-2014, 08:33 PM
just wanna confirm.....skeletons spawned by witchs really dont give exp? exp only shows integers,sometime, kill two mobs will give you 1 exp....

Raselph
10-19-2014, 10:09 PM
just wanna confirm.....skeletons spawned by witchs really dont give exp? exp only shows integers,sometime, kill two mobs will give you 1 exp....

actually...

the witches who summon the skeleton mobs have 0% of exp in them ,

in kt4 i saw my kills were more than that of WT4

if exp shows integers thats true , but killing 2 mobs can give you 1 exp only if your in a low lvl zone for example my lvl 13 twink got 1 exp from killing 5 mobs in [brakenridge] brakenridge

if your at a zone where an XP and its embedded in a symbol like this(/) means the exp produced from mobs is ULTRA LOW

its best recommended to go to a high level zone for better EXP.

Serancha
10-19-2014, 10:20 PM
I have confirmed with extensive testing. The mobs summoned by witches give 0xp and 0 kills. You can test on the first witches in WT3. They are there clean. You will get one kill for each witch and none for the mobs. 0 kill= 0 exp. That's 12 skellies if you let them summon all, so eliminates fractional exp.

Raselph
10-19-2014, 11:37 PM
I have confirmed with extensive testing. The mobs summoned by witches give 0xp and 0 kills. You can test on the first witches in WT3. They are there clean. You will get one kill for each witch and none for the mobs. 0 kill= 0 exp. That's 12 skellies if you let them summon all, so eliminates fractional exp.

that doesnt sound good for twinks who aim to level up in WT4

Serancha
10-20-2014, 05:21 AM
You can level up just fine in WT4. There's still mobs there that count. You're just killing a lot of extra that don't, which isn't really an efficient use of time, pots and energy. That is the reason I made this guide, to provide people with a more efficient alternative. Information is power.

Raselph
10-20-2014, 07:02 AM
your guide gets an A++ and can be stickied since 98.97% of the people believe that WT4 is a great EXP run ZONE, which is an obviously FALSE , i had levelled up to 25 in KT4 when i met some people who said WT4 =>> MORE EXP bro go farm there , from then on i regret till now...

Serancha
10-20-2014, 04:21 PM
It would be a good idea for it to be stickied, but I think that's up to the mods.

conradev
10-20-2014, 04:51 PM
On next lvl cap, should make a race between two teams, one in wt4 and one in kt4. All top50 what i know lvld in wt4 this season so im a bit sceptic but never know.
Putting down 10m to whoever wanna take bet. 1st to level by a large margin and solo as well. And will be in KT4, it is 200% faster than the 2nd place map which is KT3 (pull all mobs up to first Y = 40kills/45sec) there. Anyone in WT4 who is not there to map or timed is a foolish fool, and that is not opinion it's fact. The majority idea is rarely the best...the majority end-game mages use fireball light shield curse and heal vs mage, and the majority die always to gale ice light shield heal. WT4 is garbage.

conradev
10-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Please revise pull map, I can confirm that this is the correct pull:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/20/86456a3bf64cf6448246a1adf65657d3.jpg

conradev
10-20-2014, 05:48 PM
THIS is the "best pull strat for speed and xp efficiency" and I can confirm that no mobs are left behind during. And that the run is 1:30 as solo mage (faster or slower depending on 2nd 3rd and 4th players)

Serancha
10-20-2014, 05:56 PM
My pulls are designed for a party experience sharing.The pulls for speed and kill farming are completely different, Conrad. This is not a speed guide, it's an efficient leveling guide.

Raselph
10-20-2014, 10:34 PM
Please revise pull map, I can confirm that this is the correct pull:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/20/86456a3bf64cf6448246a1adf65657d3.jpg

that is for low type geared , if you see sera's that is for when you at least have 1 warrior/tank

the one that you have mentioned is for sorcs/rogue full party excluding warriors

conradev
10-20-2014, 10:40 PM
that is for low type geared , if you see sera's that is for when you at least have 1 warrior/tank

the one that you have mentioned is for sorcs/rogue full party excluding warriors
Enemies will approach the same way it doesnt matter which class pulls them bro

Serancha
10-20-2014, 10:41 PM
No, mine is for any party no matter what class. The pulls are designed specifically so the group always stays close enough in proximity to each other to share experience. Please don't confuse people by mixing up the leveling pulls with pulls for other types of runs. This thread is not for that.

If you want to make a guide for kill farming or speed, you're welcome to do so on another thread.

Haligali
10-21-2014, 03:06 AM

I did this and my lvl1 pet gained xp after killing summoned skeletons in wt3. I cleared before the witches and the 3 skeletons behind them.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/21/e2egadyh.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/21/eva2yvyh.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/21/zeda6y6u.jpg

Did i something wrong?

Serancha
10-21-2014, 03:34 AM
The witches give 1xp each.

Haligali
10-21-2014, 03:43 AM
The witches give 1xp each.

There is no witch on picture, i killed them without pet before.

Serancha
10-21-2014, 03:55 AM
OK this was about 5 minutes ago. I've uploaded them to my site so that they retain the filename date stamps as screenshotted. You can click each to see the filename at the top of the browser window.

Before

http://pheonixguild.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-21-01.42.13.png (http://pheonixguild.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-21-01.42.13.png)

The pull

http://pheonixguild.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-21-01.43.29.png (http://pheonixguild.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-21-01.43.29.png)

Yes, I killed them (note: with xp elixir on)

http://pheonixguild.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-21-01.43.37.png (http://pheonixguild.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-21-01.43.37.png)

And After

http://pheonixguild.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-21-01.43.42.png (http://pheonixguild.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-21-01.43.42.png)

And now I've given up my secret gemming tart, just for you Hali ;)

Ilvias
10-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Kt is not only good to level a character. In the last weeks I tested all tombs to level my pets and increase my kills. Kt4 is the best tomb for that. I have no numbers to prove that, I talk only from my experience. Mostly I run solo. Depending on the pets and how concentrated I am, I do Sera's pull or my.

Aslanx
10-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Could you possibly make a solo leveling guide for rogues in tombs soon ? I'm at lvl 33 on mine and ashral is giving me so many deaths :/

Thnx ser

Serancha
10-23-2014, 12:22 PM
I can do that. Give me a few days though. Things are hectic atm.

Raselph
10-23-2014, 07:00 PM
It would be a good idea for it to be stickied, but I think that's up to the mods.

i would rather suggest to pm the mods,

try out for the spotlight submissions too

GOOD LUCK

Serancha
10-31-2014, 05:25 AM
Could you possibly make a solo leveling guide for rogues in tombs soon ? I'm at lvl 33 on mine and ashral is giving me so many deaths :/

Thnx ser

For solo leveling, use the first map (clockwise) in the first post. This has minimal backtracking and makes for the smoothest run.

The mobs pull slightly differently depending on which way you go, and the reason I put clockwise first is because it is the most efficient for leveling (full runs). For a solo end game rogue with legendary weapon, a full run is about 3:30. For a solo end-game mage with legendary weapon this same run is around 2:30. This includes killing 2 bosses. If you have no luck elixir from Klaas or Shazbot, I would not bother killing the bosses, and take faster runs instead. (Both examples are with legendary-type pets)

If you find the double pulls are too much, just do a single room at a time with the hall mobs, using the alcoves past each room as kill points. This saves on potions although it will make for a bit of a longer run (about 15 seconds more). However, if you die the mobs reset and will not pull nicely a second time, so it's better to live.

Note: these times should be totally doable for normal players of most levels, and are based on tests without elixirs. (the times of speed runners/super-geared players are faster but unrealistic for most).

Another note: Do not do this tomb at level 21 if you are running a 0 death toon. There is a difficulty spike when you hit that level that makes the bosses hit suuuper hard. I was killing them fine at 20 and then turned 21 and got one-hit twice before I knew what was happening. Bizarro.

xutreuqux
01-04-2015, 03:27 AM
Yea kt4 is very efficient and takes much less pots than wt4 and waay less laggy and random dcs, waay more locks and essences, but the prob is findin a gud pt. My lv33 stands for an hr and all comes only impatient ppl come and leave. Guild isnt helping also lol. I wish more ppl wud read this and spread the word so we can forget the old wt4. Sick of it xP

Serancha
01-04-2015, 03:43 AM
It's super easy to solo on any class. Fun fact also, mage AND warrior both solo it faster than a rogue does ;)

xutreuqux
01-04-2015, 03:45 AM
It's super easy to solo on any class. Fun fact also, mage AND warrior both solo it faster than a rogue does ;)
Ohhh ok ty lol ill try ^_^

Haligali
01-05-2015, 06:59 AM
Yes, it is very good to solo here, i lvld my rogue solo in kt4.

jioleca
03-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Nice guide

Guponen
04-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Hey, I'm not very active with this forum but I play the game often. My IGN is Guponen and I'm level 34 currently. Was wondering if I could join?

Serancha
04-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Please see the Pheonix guild thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134701-lt-Pheonix-gt-the-little-guild-that-lasts-Official-Thread) for entry requirements, thank you.

jn2002dk
04-25-2015, 09:06 AM
Thank you very much for this fantastic guide

It was a big help in getting my sorcerer to level 41:)

Goldeneye83
04-26-2015, 01:34 AM
Thank you for this post, very informative!

Guyku
05-26-2015, 11:48 PM
Nice Guide and cheers for the tips

MysticRob
05-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Great guide!

Does anyone know if Locks drop from all three bosses still?

Serancha
06-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Yes they do. More from the end one, but the others still drop as of yesterday.

MysticRob
06-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Thanks Serancha... I forgot I posted the question here. I was running and getting them from all the bosses and the last boss does seem to drop them most often.

Erebos
06-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Sera i read all the post from page 1 to 9 and then i tried my own experience about WT4 and KT4
many PPl think Wt4 is better and i also thought this when i started reading your post but at the end i thought of trying both of them
the result which camed in my experience is that Kt4 better cuz of the following reasons
1: Gaves u xp at every mob u kill
2: Faster then Wt4
3: Easy to do at any class
4: great amount of essence drop
5: Locks group (commonly)
i thought Wt4 was better but i was wrong now i suggest every body who things Wt4 is better try both and u will get the result

Thank your for making such a helpful guide Sera

Oldguy
06-14-2015, 12:07 AM
This is a sit down and take notice guide. Well done, and thank you

Daggee
06-15-2015, 06:12 AM
Does the pull guide and stuff u mentioned above works well in solo?Cuz im lv41 and am just farming kills

Serancha
06-15-2015, 01:04 PM
Does the pull guide and stuff u mentioned above works well in solo?Cuz im lv41 and am just farming kills

Yeah. I do half-maps when soling. Kill all on one side, the boss rooms and 3 bosses (for crate drops), then out and repeat. The number of kills for the last 2 rooms isn't really worth the extra time it takes solo. And this way you get more chances at crates, since your runs are short.

Azemen
06-17-2015, 04:44 PM
With the adventurer's kit, abandon, eggshell band proc, combo lix, 7 day, +50%, and +25% XP elixirs, how much xp per run with a full party in kt4?

Serancha
06-17-2015, 06:11 PM
With the adventurer's kit, abandon, eggshell band proc, combo lix, 7 day, +50%, and +25% XP elixirs, how much xp per run with a full party in kt4?

You can't stack all those. You can do 7 day, combo, pet, adventurer and jewlery. You cannot add the single 50% xp or a 25% xp elixir to the stack.

Personally I wouldn't use eggshell band, since removing a pile of stats just slows you down so each run takes longer. Since it only has a "chance" at bonus xp, I would rather do faster runs and skip the chance.

Last I checked, experience sharing wasn't working (This was last September / October and I don't know if this has been fixed). I can't run full party tests at this point because my toons are capped, and my alts are not planning to level up.

Maemet
06-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Good job!

GT-P3110 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Serancha
07-02-2015, 02:35 PM
OK with 7 Day XP, Combo elixir, adventurer pack and abaddon, Kraag 4 gives

Solo: 365xp / run

With a party of 4 (same stack) it gives approximately 440xp / run.

Azemen
07-06-2015, 04:35 AM
Do Rengol crates drop here as frequently as they do in km3?

Serancha
07-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Nobody can say for sure. I have very good luck in Kraag and get crap in KM3. Others find it to be the other way around.

Bigboyblue
07-07-2015, 09:43 AM
I get quite a few lock drops in KT4. I make a point of killing all 3 bosses though. It adds about 10-15 seconds to each run but I like the extra chances of looting a lock.